PDA

View Full Version : Important update for those with multiple characters

Serilliant
05-26-06, 06:07 PM
By request, I have now added a hack that allows users to link multiple accounts together. What this means is that if you play more than one character and, thus, have more than one account, you will no longer need to log out and log back in in order to switch to the different account. Instead, you simply click your name at the top of the forum to be presented with a drop down menu of your alternate accounts and can switch between them without the need of re-entering your passwords.

As of now, users cannot manually link their accounts. I will be looking into recoding the hack to add this feature in the very near future. For the time being, please PM me the names of the accounts that you would like linked and I will set them up myself.

Note: Yes, you CAN have more than two accounts linked together. In fact, if you have 14 different characters, all of them can be linked.

Serilliant
05-26-06, 06:26 PM
---HOW TO SWITCH ACCOUNTS---

After PMing me the names of the accounts you would like linked, and after you have received a PM confirming that this has been completed:

1) At the top of the screen, find where it says "Welcome" and then your username. You ought to see a downward-facing triangle next to it:

Default Theme
qas_default1.png

Dark Theme
qas_dark1.png

2) Click on your name for a drop down menu that lists your alternate accounts:

Default Theme
qas_default2.png

Dark Theme
qas_dark2.png

3) Click the name of the account you want to switch to.

That's it! To switch back, simply follow the same procedure. If you notice any of your accounts not listed, simply PM me and let me know which accounts are not linked from which account.

Serilliant
06-09-06, 09:23 PM
I apologize to those still waiting to have their accounts linked. If you have PMed me and have not yet received a response, I promise that I will get to you soon. There are a number of new coding projects that I am in the midst of and have fallen behind in linking. But all of you will be gotten to. I appreciate your patience.