PDA

View Full Version : In need of weapons.

Lodekai
02-22-08, 11:23 PM
((OOC: For my own anal timeline purposes, this takes place after her solo and assumes no spoils or anything from it, aside from the fact that the familiar Zaz'thatal follows Lodekai around to keep her out of trouble))

"Ooh, I want one of those!" Lodekai dashed up to an open vendor cart and pointed at a rather large, rather shiny and rather obviously fake ruby necklace.

"Fool and fool are you." The large crow, which a moment ago had been perched on the girl's shoulders but was dislodged by the sudden movement, fluttered up to rest on the edge of the wagon. It cocked it's head and arched its wings reprovingly. "A specific purpose we have and purpose you will follow, silly girl."

"Why couldn't I just have one of the old crappy weapons that master-" A reproving flutter of the crow's wings made the girl wince and revise her statement. "That daddy has sitting around?"

"Old and rusted, would you trust your fate to the rusted and old?" The bird cocked its head to the other side and pinned the girl with a stare. The look seemed to sober the girl, who kicked at a rock with one booted toe before finally just shaking her head. "Over there is a shop quite nice, over there we should go."

"Okay." Properly penitent, Lodekai extended her right arm. Zaz'thatal flew over to rest on it, folding its wings and looking regal as any hunting hawk on its perch. Walking a bit awkwardly carrying the weight of the avian familiar, she made her way to the shop the bird had indicated and opened the door, turning sideways to enter with the sizable bird on her arm.

"Pay you must for all you take, be taking you they will if you take without paying." The bird cautioned in a low croak before rising off her arm and moving to the more suitable position of her shoulder, where the girl was better able to carry the weight.

"Hello...?" The girl glanced nervously around the shop, a bit uneasy about talking to her first real live human. "I need some weapons..."

Slayer of the Rot
02-23-08, 01:39 AM
"Well, hello there," Cyril said through a wide grin as he admired the girl's red hair. With a grunt, the skinny merchant sat forward in his chair, kicking a cabinet as he leaned against his knees. A small sack stinking of tequila came tumbling out of the door, and lay flat on the ground for a while.

The merchant was in as good a mood as he had ever been. Today had been at least a busy day, and his coffers were finally starting to get that beautiful amber shine, much preferable to the gloomy black shadows of iron. However, a small portion of his customers had been children wanting to fawn over Bagley, and they had been promptly chased out with a shotgun.

The little familiar began to moan and groan, writhing on the floor, and scowling, Cyril stamped on him. "What's your problem, eh? We have a lovely young customer, and you're drunk, or what?" The bag pushed itself up, widened it's coin eyes, and let out a sneeze that sent a steel dagger clattering across the room.

"I god a code," Bagley wheezed miserably, and the merchant plucked him off the floor and dumped him on the ground. Another sneeze, and a flintlock thumped onto the counter.

"I didn't even know things like you could get colds. Cover your fucking mouth, huh? You're vomiting merchandise everywhere." Cyril sighed, and looked back to Lodekai.

"What can I do for you? We got a little bit of everything, amd I do mean everything."

Lodekai
02-23-08, 01:53 AM
Lodekai watched the small animated bag with a child's wide-eyed curiosity. When then odd little creature began to sneeze out weaponry the girl had to cover her mouth from one hand to keep from laughing, Zaz'thatal's sharp talons digging into her shoulder to remind her that she was supposed to be acting like a normal person.

"I'm here to get some weapons." Lodekai started to explain to the bag, another wince-inspiring dig of talons shifting her attention to the human clerk. "Mast-ow! I mean, daddy gave me these coins, there's two hundred of them, and told me to buy um.. to buy um.."

The girl paused and gave the crow familiar a helpless look. Zaz'thatal shook its head ones emphatically, as the arrangement had been for the familiar to not speak in front of humans. However, the clerk did have a talking bag, so a bird couldn't be that different. And Lodekai had forgotten what she was supposed to buy. The crow's feathers ruffled with irritation and it gave a sharp snap of its beak. "Cutlass and kris, silly girl, kris and cutlass."

"OH, right. I need a cutlass and a kris. Whatever material I can get them for, with these coins. I'm not picky, really, so long as they're new." Lodekai's nose wrinkled a little at the memory of the dusty, broken weaponry in her master's cave. "I want shiny weapons."

Slayer of the Rot
02-23-08, 02:09 PM
"Huh. Not a lot of people buy cutlasses. They're good swords, but I guess people don't want to be associated with pirates, stinking of sea salt and rotted teeth. Lessee, I can -"

A monstrous blast cut him off though as a plume of fire erupted from Bagley's mouth. A good chunk of the wall behind Cyril's wide eyed face exploded in a mass of splinters and dust. For several moments afterwards, there was nothing but silence broken slightly by splints of wood dropping to the floor. And then, the sack began to moan.

"What the fuck was that?" Bagley's mouth stretched to enormous proportions and a cast iron cannon came rolling out. The weight of the weapon only made the counter creak at first, and then the bolts tore free from the floor flinging everything on the countertop into the east wall, the cannon slamming to the floor. Sighing, the merchant let out a soft cough and scooted further onto the tip of his chair, and scooped Bagley up again.

"Daddy? So you're that kind of girl, eh?" Cyril's grin was tired and worn, threatening to collapse into anger. Nonetheless, he continued business as though everything was fine. Bagley remained silent, a startling contrast from it's usual abrasive behavior. From the cold light in Cyril's eyes, it was obvious the familiar knew it's limits.

"I can get you a plynt cutlass for a hunnert and fifty crowns. A plynt kris dagger will cost you just forty crowns." The merchant hesitated, squinting, taking a closer look at the red haired woman. There was something familiar about her, something he hadn't noticed when she had first walked in, but in the dust and the light, he felt it now. His grin came back full force as he felt it.

"Ohhh...so you're one of those kinds of girls," he whispered, leaning even closer to her. A dangerous fire flickered in his eyes. "Yeah. I'll give you a little...discount. For him." Without warning, Cyril jammed his hand into Bagley's mouth. The little talking sack struggled, but it's belly swelled and glowed with white light, and he pulled the requested items out. Both the plynt blades shone in the dusty light as though they had been polished meticulously.

"Just a hunnert and seventy crowns, girl. Be careful with it though. Blood loves to stick to plynt. So does fire and poison. Just don't burn it for more than an hour, or you'll be back for something new."

Lodekai
02-23-08, 02:23 PM
Lodekai couldn't repress a laugh this time as a cannon came from the tiny little bag. The crow familiar's dark eyes glittered dangerously but the girl didn't seem to notice. While most people might have been shocked by a sudden explosion and the sight of a huge wheel mounted gun rolling out, Lodekai was merely delighted by the unintentional display.

"What does he mean by that kind of gir-" Lodekai began to whisper, tilting her head towards the familiar on her shoulder, however the sudden bite of talons left a small dot of blood on her woolen coat and the familiar was dislodged by the sudden buck of her shoulder. "Ow!"

Zaz'thatal gave an angry caw at the the girl before settling on the top edge of the broken counter, wings spreading and closing indignantly. Lodekai ignored her guardian, however, and leaned forward with interested as the weapons were pulled free and displayed. They were indeed shiny, in better condition than she has personally ever seen any weapon. She quickly began counting the counts out to give the man, 170 was a rather large number for her to count but she managed it with some effort. However she paused at his warning and looked up at the clerk, the merry light leaving her eyes for something darker, and more serious.

"Thank you for the warning, sir." She looked back down at the coins and finished counting them, putting the rest back in her belt pouch and offering a double handful of old, dirty coins. "I'll make sure to take very good care of them."

Slayer of the Rot
02-23-08, 03:08 PM
"That you should," the merchant murmured, falling back in his chair. He suddenly looked very tired, but there was an air of menace about him. Once Lodekai had left, he would get up and flip the sign on the door to closed. He doubted anyone would visit the shattered shop, though. Especially when the bellowing started. Cyril reached one arm out and took the proffered gold, then settled moodily back in his chair.

"Not that I'd mind you coming back. In fact, do so any time you'd like. I've got everything you'd ever need. And you take care too, crow. Mind your feathers." Cyril watched her quietly, and when she was gone, he doubled over, snatching the sack up in his grip. It made a choking noise as it's went wide.

"You're lucky I need you," he growled, fury marring his features. "Or I'd pour cicadas into you."

((Solid Flame gains the following:
-Plynt Cutlass
-Plynt Kris Dagger
- 150 exp for excellent interaction

And Loses the following:
-170 gp))