PDA

View Full Version : So...quick question.

The Writing Writer
02-24-08, 05:43 AM
Who decides who gets to canonize a region and/or race on Althanas?

Cuz that's always been a dream of mine. ^^

Witchblade
02-24-08, 09:04 AM
Haha!

Well, Ashiakin is The Regions Administrator, however who becomes a region writer is a bit of adecision we all make back stage and then Ashiakin approves it, you know, just to make himself feel like he's doing something. :p

However, you don't have to be a mod in order to help a region out. There a little suggestion areas in each region if you have a cool idea or race or anything you think would be interesting to include in the region. You could of course just talk to the region writer as well.

Call me J
02-24-08, 10:23 AM
As Alerar writer let me say, if you come up with an idea, and I either like it or see that others will like playing in it, and it fits in the general theme of Alerar (dark elves, technology, etc.) and doesn't step on any other region's toes (for instance, I'm not adding a tundra or a high elven run school of magic) then I will be happy to add a subforum.

The Writing Writer
02-24-08, 02:38 PM
Well i've had alot of ideas for both unique regions aswell as unique races.

As far as regions goes, I'd like to see a swampy boggy island of sorts, or perhaps it is just a section of a currently existing region. And to go along with that an amphibious race would be very cool.

And ofcourse theirs always the idea of a floating island in the sky with a bird-themed race =P But those are just ideas.

As far as actually coming up with a detailed description of said places/races and/or contributing to already existing regions...ill get right on it! -zoom-

Zook Murnig
02-24-08, 02:45 PM
The first idea could easily be written into Dheathain. I think the second was submitted for an old Region Writer contest.

EDIT: Yeah, I just checked. It's Avarith. You can find it in the Archives, and it's oddly similar in a few ways to Dheathain...

Sighter Tnailog
02-24-08, 03:14 PM
I think that's because Avarith was originally Witchblade's submission.

Honestly, the way canon has been created on Althanas most clearly in the past is when people take the time to write quest after quest in a region. If you involve a LOT of people in the quests, maybe 2 or 3 per quest, pretty soon you've created enough coverage in the player base that everyone more or less knows the idea and treats it as canon. Most canon on Althanas was designed by mods, but only after the mods established their right to create canon by such a long and involved process.

So that's my suggestion...got an idea? Put it in a quest!

Witchblade
02-24-08, 04:04 PM
Avarith was originally my idea and even though Dheathain rocks, Avarith kicked ass and would have ruled if it had won the region writer's contest. Sadly not enough people were fond of a flying island in the sky. ^^;

As for the whole swampy, boggy kind of thing. the entire section of area in Dheathain known as Fiorair is a swamp, but it's inhabited by the Draconians, not a strange amphibious race. Also, Istraloth is kind of wet... isn't it? I thought it had someamphibious races, but I couldn be wrong.

Sighter Tnailog
02-24-08, 04:12 PM
Sadly not enough people were fond of a flying island in the sky.

Thank God.

:p

Witchblade
02-24-08, 04:13 PM
*smacks Madison upside the head with a rolled up newspaper*

Jerk.

HikariAngel
02-24-08, 05:32 PM
I like the idea of a floating island in the sky. I don't know how it would be explained, but I would definitely play there.

Cyrus the virus
02-24-08, 06:29 PM
Hello Final Fantasy 1-9!

I do like the idea of a sky region, but perhaps one that exists on the top of a massive mountain range. No flying continents, ugh...

Witchblade
02-24-08, 06:37 PM
awww... I did have a way to explain it and through some region related quests later on was going to have the region come crashig down into the ocean somewhere. But meh, people like Dheathain and I took a lot of my Avarith ideas to put them to good use there.

Ashiakin
02-24-08, 06:42 PM
Please step away from the floating island.

Karuka
02-24-08, 07:38 PM
But...no! they can lower it over different cities and threaten to crush them!

And hit people with bladders to they can talk and a guy named Gulliver can come and be all confused.

Witchblade
02-24-08, 07:42 PM
... o.O
<.<
>.>
-.-'

Karuka
02-24-08, 07:47 PM
It's been a long time since I read that book. ^_^;

Lucien
02-24-08, 08:05 PM
Where the fuck does all the human and natural waste go on a flying island?

Witchblade
02-24-08, 08:18 PM
You don't want to know. :p

Karuka
02-24-08, 08:22 PM

It's called "mulch" and it goes in gardens.

Lucien
02-24-08, 08:23 PM
When did urine become mulch?

Slayer of the Rot
02-24-08, 08:27 PM
If a flying island is created I will crash the moon into it. Or an asteroid or a comet. Probably just the moon.

Cyrus the virus
02-24-08, 09:30 PM
Kefka will use the power of the God statues to stop you!!!!

BlackAndBlueEyes
02-24-08, 09:33 PM
If he doesn't throw you off the top of it first.

Cyrus the virus
02-24-08, 09:40 PM
Man, Gestahl was a sucker. He got played 4 a fewl.

Zephyriah
02-24-08, 09:56 PM
When atop a flying island, don't leave your teammates behind, even if there is only 1 second left before the island as a whole explodes. Otherwise, you'll never see that teammate ever again because you did not save him.

BlackAndBlueEyes
02-24-08, 10:01 PM
F'reals, dawg.

Cyrus the virus
02-24-08, 10:01 PM
However, that leads to finding unconscious girls...

That's kind of gross of me. Relm is great, though.

Sighter Tnailog
02-24-08, 11:02 PM

It's not always just rain, you know.