PDA

View Full Version : All My Life

Lavinian Ambition
02-25-08, 11:34 PM
(Need this done quick, prompt responses would be appreciated. Expect replies within five minutes of your posts.)

Jared moved through the bazaar in a hurry. He was practically running as he pushed through the crowds. The conquest tournament was coming up soon, and he needed one last minute purchase. Almost sprinting he moved through the crowd, hoping to get the purchase done quickly. Molotov wasn't known for his patience and he sorely needed to impress the mutant, lest he end up in some bog near the headquarters.

Finally finding a tannery he moved in quickly, his nostrils being assaulted by the smell of chemicals that would tan and color leather. Ignoring it for the most part he reached the counter before he looked around frantically. He needed to be in and out in a hurry, and boy what a hurry. Seeing no one immediately he rapped on the counter as he coughed, breathing the fumes a bit heavily. He was getting light headed as well.

"Hello? I need something quickly," He shouted out, hoping someone would hear him.

Bazaar Proprietor
02-26-08, 08:19 PM
Now, Sellings wasn't used to doing things quick. He did things at one speed: correctly. However, there were occasions where speed and correctness matched well, and bazaar transactions were one of those occasions.

"If you tell me what you want, you'll get it quicker," Sellings replied, knowing that he didn't need to be all that polite to a customer who was in a hurry.

Lavinian Ambition
02-26-08, 08:20 PM
Jared nodded as he spoke gesturing to his hand, "Need a pair of leather gloves, fingerless. Don't care too much about quality so long as they prevent blisters and help me keep grip on a dagger."

Bazaar Proprietor
02-26-08, 08:23 PM
It was fortunate that the customer didn't care much about quality, because if he was in such a hurry, he wouldn't be able to inspect the quality of the items he received. Still, Sellings offered the man a pair of regular gloves, just because he didn't want rumor getting round that his shop sold subprime merchandise.

"Here," he offered, passing the gloves over to the customer to inspect. "That will be 25 GP."

Lavinian Ambition
02-26-08, 08:24 PM
Money was quickly counted out as he double checked it putting it into rows of five coins. Once sure of the amount he grabbed the gloves and bolted from the shop his thanks echoing through the tannery, "Thanks Boss, gotta jet!"

He only hoped he wouldn't be late for the bout.

Bazaar Proprietor
02-26-08, 08:26 PM
Sellings liked the idea of being called boss. He also liked being paid.

It was an all around good day for him.

(Lavinian Ambition receives fingless leather gloves of ordinary quality, and loses 25 GP)