PDA

View Full Version : A question regarding Reincarnation

Reiko
02-28-08, 10:50 AM
I'm going to Retire Ki soon, probably after one thread if the person is still willing to do it but I had a great idea to continue the Doji Legacy with a daughter who will continue adventuring when Ki settles down.

Any how I'm wondering if I can Reincarnate Ki and just finish one thread for no exp or half exp on the new character? I'm not trying to abuse the system but if the person I'm questing with wants to continue then I'd like to finish the thread but I'm not sure if she does since it's hear say on my part and I don't want to wait too long.

Thanks to whoever can answer this.

Zook Murnig
02-28-08, 11:14 AM
From what Manda tells me, the Skie and Avery account used to have Natamrael, the Moontae twins' mother and the queen of the Moontae, as its character. So, yeah, you can do that. Totally. Just abuse liquid time to say that the daughter has been born and grown up.

Caden Law
02-28-08, 11:29 AM
TIME TRAVEL!

Because breaking history is a helluva lot more fun than making it! :D

Reiko
02-28-08, 11:45 AM
Thanks, though I'm more worried about the althanas rules part. I want to get making my new character right now and would like to finish that thread too. I don't want a mod to close that thread with a "shame on you Reiko" Message because I don't want to lose her exp and I want to finish this one thread before she's retired.

SnootchyBootchykins
02-28-08, 12:22 PM
What I did with Skie and Avery was to put them into the profile as soon after the quest where they were born happened. When Natamrael died, all I did was in the next level up, took her stats out of the profile, and leveled up the stats for Skie and Avery. Then again, I wasn't a very high level when that happened. You being level 8 might make it a different ballgame. I believe the official rules state that when you "kill" a character and bring a new one into the account, the new one starts at half exp as the old character. You just have to do a new profile for the account and state that Ki is done.

Crystal Suncrest
02-28-08, 12:46 PM
Aw... I liked Ki.

Cyrus the virus
02-28-08, 01:08 PM
I get what you're asking. If you can't wait until the thread is done to reincarnate your character, just do it. You started the thread before getting rid of Ki's experience, so it shouldn't be an issue. It's kind of the same thing of leveling up in the middle of a battle; you still act as if you were the same level when the thing started.

Just put a note at the end of your thread saying that Ki was level 8 at the beginning of the quest, and you just wanted to wrap it up for storyline reasons. You won't get any rewards for it, though.

Lavinian Ambition
02-28-08, 01:21 PM
As the guy who made those rules here's my thoughts on it...

Go for it.

Finish your thread, if anyone bitches at you for it, let me have five minutes with them.

Reiko
02-28-08, 01:29 PM
ok thanks to everyone for being helpful. I'm glad it'll work out.

Sighter Tnailog
02-28-08, 02:56 PM
I'll back up Dissinger on that. Give me five minutes with the bastards and I'll sort 'em out.

Ave Versus Christus
02-28-08, 03:33 PM
I'll back up Dissinger on that. Give me five minutes with the bastards and I'll sort 'em out.

Give him thirty minutes and he'll buy them dinner first.

Letho
02-28-08, 04:01 PM
I'd bitch at Reiko just for the chance of having five minutes with you guys to kick your ass. :cool:

Crystal Suncrest
02-28-08, 04:40 PM
Give him thirty minutes and he'll buy them dinner first.

Wonder what happens if you give him a week.

Lavinian Ambition
02-28-08, 07:11 PM
Wonder what happens if you give him a week.

He'll consider lube.

I'd bitch at Reiko just for the chance of having five minutes with you guys to kick your ass. :cool:

Seems we have a failure to communicate here. Perhaps I should woodshed the problem a bit, don't you think? ;)

Raimeiken
02-28-08, 09:55 PM
Is that me you're talking about~?

Of course, I'd love to continue writing with you!

Tsukiko
02-28-08, 09:56 PM
ok yay, I'll post in our thread this weekend^^

oh yeah, this is my new character. The foxiest ninja in all Althanas^^

Raimeiken
02-28-08, 10:28 PM
Yay!

I love the new character, by the way.