PDA

View Full Version : Armor for a vampire

Tera
03-02-08, 04:35 PM
The twenty four hour Slice and Dice. What a name for a weapons shop Tera thought as she slipped through the doorway at five minutes to two in the morning. Had anyone from Imperial even suspected her of slipping out of the compound in the middle of the night, they would have probably had a coronary at the worry of their leader alone in the city .

Specially on the eve of war.

Her hips swayed gently as she approached the counter.

“I need a piece of custom armor made up...” she said softly as she unzipped her coat, “and for this piece I know well enough that you will need to take measurements.” She paused for a moment to ensure that he was paying attention to her. “What I require is a sort of breast piece, made to cover my chest from both back and front. How i want it made is as a sort of tight tank top that ends about here” she paused to use her hand to show a point just below her last rib”I want to be able to tighten it down on the sides with laces. As for the construction, I want the layer against my skin made of supple dear leather, then over that a fine layer of chain mail made from whatever metal i can afford for three hundred and seventy-five pieces. Then over that a layer of thick rawhide dyed black.”

With that she removed her coat, showing that she had for gone her usual silk shirt. Her pale skin and small breasts were exposed to the air of the shop.

“whenever you're ready”

AdventWings
03-10-08, 04:04 AM
((Sorry for the long wait.))

Whether it was the Fates or Destiny had marked down its path, Jirou would never know. The blacksmith from the Akashiman was visiting his merchant friend that night at the Twenty-Four Hour Slice and Dice when a customer seemingly appeared out of nowhere, demanding a custom armor made for her. While the Akashiman blacksmith was a trader all the same, this was not his shop. Her purchase was not his concern.

"What'd you mean, take the order for you?!" Jirou remembered growling to Chase, the real owner of the store. Apparently, the family man had to leave for his little girl's birthday party that evening when he asked for Jirou to come over. If anything, the blacksmith fell for it completely.

Oh, well. A job's a job. The blacksmith sighed, glancing at the shop's door to find his leatherworker partner just arriving from her own store a good way down the road.

"Sure thing, miss. You'll be able to afford steel chainlinks at that price. If you want something of higher strength, I'll be Damascus at four hundred." Three hours was a tight schedule, but with two people working it would be a lot easier than doing it alone. "Anyways, Miri. Please take her measurements and we'll get started."

As the leatherworker took her time taking down the measurements, Jirou was busy sketching out a crude picture of the end product as well as calculating how much of what would go where. Not many people order such a rediculously complex design, but he figured it was coming sooner or later.

"In the meanwhile, you can wait in here while we work. The night's not a place to be taking a stroll, if you know what I mean."

Tera
03-10-08, 11:35 AM
Luckily the vampress was in no hurry, and the price seemed fair enough. Even though for all truth she could have killed him at the end and simply taken it, one should never bite the hand that feeds. A smile crested her lips as her measurements were taken, the young leather worker was at least something nice to look at in comparison to the aged magazines and such.

“Yes, steel will be fine,” she said as she was given a chance to remove the appropriate gold from her jacket.

With a soft smile she put on her coat again but simply out of shamelessness she left it unzipped. Though only open enough to show her cleavage and belly.

“Is it alright if I smoke in here?” she said softly as her eyes looked around the room at the different objects of combat. All so very barbaric to even one like her. Then again, getting one's hands dirty is part of the fun in her case.

AdventWings
03-11-08, 04:42 AM
"Knock yourself out."

That was the only reply from the gruff blacksmith as the pair of workers moved to the next room, getting down to work with sewing and forging the gear. It was a good thing that Chase had bought metal links for the chainmail already in sets, which saved the blacksmith a tremendous amount of time that would have to go into hammering each link to one another. With Miri taking care of the initial fitting and layering, Jirou's only job was to hammer the strings of steel into place and make sure they could take the beating.

In just a little under three hours, the form-fitting chainmail tanktop was completed.

"Here you go." Jirou returned to the front of the store and placed the protective gear on the counter. "If you need to do some more fitting, we can do that as you try it on for free."

Letting out a slight cough of shame, he was quick to add to the offer.

"Miri will do that, of course."

Tera
03-12-08, 06:44 PM
Her cig had burned nearly out as she waited, her eyes watching the craftsmen through the doorway.

When he produced her new protection, she smiled softly as she let her coat slide back off, standing as she slid into the new piece. To a mortal girl of her stature, it might have been considered heavy and cumbersome, but on her, it was nearly perfect. Miri was as skilled a leather crafter as she was a dresser, helping tera tighten the new protection to just the right tightness.

“Perfect.” Tera said as she retrieved her coat before leaving.

AdventWings
03-17-08, 03:30 AM
The blacksmith was relieved that the customer finally left as Miri counted the payment and making sure to not miss a single coin. He was at first worried that the leatherworker was going to have the wrong ideas when Jirou could not peel his eyes off the bare figure of the lady customer, but at least it seemed that she did not even notice his nervous tension.

"Well, I guess that should do it for tonight, then." The Akashiman blacksmith wiped a bead of sweat and closed the shop, ready to return to his shop and finally get some shut eye.

"By the way... Why were you all nervous around that customer, Jirou?"

Even though the question was just a generic one, much less the man could tell from Miri's tone that it was just said out of curiousity, the large man could feel the overbearing aura emanating from the leatherworker's tiny form.

"Um, I, ah... Well..."

He could already feel the pain.

((Transaction Complete!

Tera loses 375 and gains 100 EXP.

She also receives the leather tanktop with steel chainmail between the layers. Nothing too heavy for her, I hope? :D

Please drop by again in the future!))