PDA

View Full Version : I owe Google a sexual favor...

Thoracis
03-27-06, 01:50 PM
Name: Thoracis Rakarth
Race: Valinthe/Spirit/Human
Hair: White
Eyes: Solid Ice
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 176lbs.

Appearance:

Thoracis' physical appearance has changed dramatically in the last couple of years. He still dons his trademark white robes with the black porcelain mask, but his body has changed a lot. He is about twenty pounds heavier now as his left arm has become permanently encased in ice, almost up to the elbow. An injury caused by fire created massive burning to Thoracis' face, which is the reason he wears the mask (will be explained in history). With the discovery of his actually being a spirit Thoracis' body has appeared to age, to the point where he looks to be in his 60's or 70's in human years. His hair has turned white and his skin has become wrinkly. Of course, this is just appearance, and his body still responds and functions like that of a healthy man in his mid-20's.

History:

There is a lot to do here... Where to begin....This is the first real history I have done of Thor since I started, so I hope this gets enjoyed.

Just over three years ago Thoracis was nothing more then a wanderer, traveling from place to place across Althanas, simply trying to survive and looking for work wherever he could. For a brief period Thoracis worked as an apprentice to a small arms manufacturer in Corone, sparking his interest in technology. After a few months of the trade Thoracis thought to pursue technology as a profession and decided to travel to Ettermire, Alerar to hopefully find his calling. At the time Alerar, Ettermire especially, was on the brink of rebellion (I can’t remember the name of the rebel faction, but it was a part of Redrick’s original Alerar storyline). Literally the same day Thoracis arrived in Alerar he was attacked by a small band of this rebel faction and through a bit of skill (mostly luck actually) Thoracis fought off his attackers. As it turned out, the attacker was a high ranking member of this rebel faction and when the service Thoracis performed was discovered he was offered a position in Alerar’s army by Lord General Vordutin. Seeing this as an opportunity to develop what he now knew to be lacking fighting skills and a chance to train with the most technological fighting force on Althanas, Thoracis joined with the Aleranian army at the ripe age of 19.

It was not long before Thoracis’ innate abilities at fighting and leading an army became apparent and he moved up through the ranks as quickly as anyone had ever done. Many were bitter that a human was doing so well in the dark elven army, but Thoracis’ work against the rebels had gained him the blessings of both the Queen and her closest advisor Vazerith. Now the equivalent of a Colonel in the army, Thoracis had honed his abilities in unarmed fighting, staff fighting, and his magical capabilities with ice. His studies in technology had quickly become studies in strategy and general warfare. It seemed that Thoracis was born to lead.

Thoracis made his name outside of Alerar for the first time during the first Lornius Corporate Challenge where he teamed with another Aleranian, Mazrith al’Dor Hashid, to form the Assassins of Alerar. Outside of Alerar Thoracis was quite literally unknown, but that changed quickly in the second round of the tournament when the Assassins defeated Sword and Bow, a team composed of near legends Findelfin ap Fingolfin and Legeliwyn Aiel. The personal battle between Thoracis and Legeliwyn was particularly notable, as many considered it to be one of the most impressive of the time. The next round brought Treslizn and Blake, leaders of the famous group The Ice Reavers, and another victory for the Assassins, advancing them to the semi-finals. In the semi-finals, against the eventual second place finishers , The Do-Gooders, the slight of absence of Mazrith in earlier rounds become ever apparent as Thoracis battled Kylin Rouge and Edmund Lorisiac alone. Though giving a valiant performance, Thoracis narrowly lost the battle, but still managed to move on to the consolation match where he defeated Sword and Bow yet again, this time alone, earning a 3rd place finish.

After the tournament Thoracis returned to Alerar with a newfound fame and much greater power. There was great strife upon his return however, with the mounting threat from the insurgent rebel faction and growing strife between Alerar and Raieara. In a sneak attack by the rebels Lord General Vordutin was nearly killed, with Thoracis arriving with a group of Aleranian Battle Mages at the last moment to save him. The deed increased Thoracis’ growing legend and earned him a promotion to General and personal advisor to the Lord General Vordutin. With the rebels retreated and regrouping Alerar turned it’s focus to their age old rivals in Raieara. In a bold move, The Queen, at the insistence of Vordutin, gave the order to cross the Mountains of Dawn and attack. The army split into two factions, the main force lead by Thoracis which began the march across the mountains, and a force lead by Vordutin which was to arrive later in the battle.

During this, Raieara was facing it’s own strife with the capital, Eluriand, being overrun by undead and the forces of the Necromancer Xem-Zund (I know the name is something like that, though I likely spelled it wrong). Had the Aleranian forces lead by Thoracis crossed the mountains undetected it would surely have been an easy victory, but during the march a messenger bird on it’s way to Alerar to request aid (It would later be found out that this bird was Sabriel, the familiar of Devon the Starslayer). With the knowledge of an imminent attack from Alerar, the Raiearans managed a small defense force at the city of Valinatal, led by The Starslayer himself. A small siege ensued in which it seemed clear the Aleranians lead by Thoracis would win. In no mood for a drawn out battle and perhaps overly confident in his own abilities however, Thoracis Rakarth rode forth to the city gates with just a group of ten, calling out the Starslayer and challenging him to a one on one battle. Devon, in a surprising move, declined the challenge, instead ordering an entire half-battalion of archers upon the wall to fire upon Thoracis and his small group. Needless to say, none survived the assault, including Thoracis, whose body was taken back to the mountains before the Raiearans began to overrun the leaderless Aleranian forces.

This death marked a new chapter in Thoracis’ life. In death Thoracis traveled to a spirit realm known as Jigoku. Here he was met by a group known as the Valinthe. An ancient group of warriors and mages, the Valinthe existed on Althanas thousands of years ago and their power was equal to the Bardic Council of Raieara and even the Forgotten Ones. Around the time of the Demon Wars of Haidia though, the Valinthe were banished by the Forgotten Ones for fear that their power would grow too great. During the banishing to Jigoku, bits and pieces of the Valinthe spirits were left in the mortal world. With what remaining power the Valinthe had they unified the spirits left on the mortal world into a single entity. For over a thousand years they moved this entity from host to host, waiting for the one whom would fulfill the Prophecy set down by the eldest Valinthe during the banishment that stated the day would come when one man would possess the power to wield the collective power of the Valinthe, so much power that he would be able to bring about their return to the mortal world. Thoracis was given the knowledge that he was, in fact, this entity and given the duty of unifying Althanas under a single banner to gain power for the Return. With the power the Valinthe controlled over their spirits, they returned Thoracis to his body, reviving him what ended up being two days after the Battle of Valinatal.

This was about the time of the first Featured Quest, in which the problems in Raieara with the undead combined with the return of the Dark One in Alerar and an appearance by at least one, if not more, of the Forgotten Ones. In the thick of the action Thoracis became an instant leader, combining the forces of Alerar, Kachuk, Radasanth, and Raieara to fight the forces of Xem-Zund and the Dark One. Shortly after the temporary victory in that battle Thoracis used the opportunity to form The Grand Army, the first ever army to encompass the troops of more then one continent. He was one step closer to fulfilling his objective for the Valinthe, but he needed more power.

For a span of nearly a year Thoracis prowled Althanas, spending much time at The Citadel, fighting and killing for pleasure, desperately trying to in crease his power. There were a few notable events of this period. This is when Thoracis first met Tshael Nito, whom he battled on many occasions and eventually fell for. It was also in the Citadel that Tshael’s sister, Natamrael tricked and seduced Thoracis, leading to a bloody altercation between Thoracis, Nata, and Sorjax in which Thoracis, while victorious in battle, was badly burned by a fire. Ever since Thoracis has worn a black porcelain mask on his face to hide the scars. During this time was also the first Gisela Open, where Thoracis was eliminated due to an untimely accident in which his forces where destroyed by a volcanic eruption. During this time is also when Thoracis met and began his friendship with the man known as Max Dirks. Little is known of the relationship that has grown of this meeting though, though many speculate that Thoracis became involved in many of the gangster’s underground activities.

Confident in his abilities and newest powers Thoracis began his mission to unify Althanas, leading his Grand Army against the group known as the Purifiers which was lead by Findelfin ap Fingolfin. While the battle was partly a success, The Dome of Purity had been destroyed and the Purifiers were left in shambles, The Grand Army was in worse condition, having lost over 80% of their troops. This rebuilding stage marked another important event for Thoracis. His relationship with Tshael was growing deeper and he was beginning to realize what the Valinthe influence was doing to him. He was becoming nothing more then a ruthless killer, his actions causing more harm to Althanas then good. Thoracis began trying to fight the Valinthe side of him when he found out the news that he was to have a child with Tshael. The Grand Army never recovered.

The first of these steps towards cleaning up his act came in the second Lornius Corporate Challenge. Thoracis tried desperately not to let his anger get to him, learning to control the influence the Valinthe had over him instead of letting it turn him into a monster. While this was working to a minor extent, Thoracis prospered once again in the LCC, making it to the semi-finals once again, after a unique meeting with Dirks and his former partner Mazrith. That particular meeting went down in history, but it was not enough for Thoracis, whose partner, Azreal Lightbringer, abandoned him much like in the first LCC. This time Thoracis only managed a 4th place finish.

Since then Thoracis was kidnapped in Alerar shortly after the last LCC and before the start of Gisela. For six months he was held captive by a still unknown culprit until he just recently escaped in Concordia Forest. Thoracis has returned to Alerar to once again take back his position in their army, the Valinthe seemingly at bay.

Currently Thoracis is participating in the Adventurer’s Crown Tournament and has joined a group called The Guild lead by one time enemy Findelfin ap Fingolfin in an effort to prove his newfound desire to help all of Althanas.

Abilities: (Original Level, Updates)

Blink (0,2): Teleports Thoracis (3 ft., 6 ft.) in any direction.

Ice Shard (0): A shard of ice about 2 ft. in diameter shoots forth from Thoracis’ hands.

Multi-Shard (1): Like Ice Shard, except five 1 ft. shards shoot out like a shotgun blast spreads.

Gust of Wind (2): Creates a windstorm, about 45mph winds, over a 1 sq. mile area. Can only be used in army style battles.
Windborne Speed (2): Increases the movement of a single unit. Infantry = Cavalry, Cavalry = Airborne, Airborne = x2 speed. Can only be used in army style battles.

Concealment (2): Camouflages a single unit. Makes them appear “Predator”-like. No sound or tracks are made by the unit. Can only be used in army style battles.

Ice Storm (3): Rains Ice Shards over a 10x10yrd. area.

Ice Blade (3,4): Extends an 18 inch blade of ice from (one, both) end/s of Thoracis’ staff.

Ice Limb (3): Encases one of Thoracis’ limbs in ice. Increases damage of unarmed blows and can act as defensive armor equivalent to iron. (The equivalency to iron is never anything that was pre-approved. It is something I have never designated a strength to however, which is something I would like to do now so that it is more clear.)

Ice Spike (4): A man-sized spike of ice shoots up from the ground. Extremely sharp and jagged.

Slick (4): Covers a single object (which can include the ground, a wall, door, etc.) in slippery ice. Cannot be used on an opponents weapon or gear. Can cover 1 item or a 3x3yrd. surface area.

Unarmed Combat (1,3): Thoracis is trained and is proficient in unarmed combat. Particularly in combining unarmed combat and his spell abilities.

Staff Combat (0,2,4): Thoracis is trained and is very proficient in staff fighting, both from his army training and the training he received from Mazrith al’Dor Hashid. He is particularly proficient in this style with one or more blades on his staff.

Updates:

Elemental (5): Thoracis can summon an ice elemental with a similar build to his own that can mimic his level 0 abilities (as they were originally, not before any updates).

Hmmm…. Yea, that’s the only update I really care to make.

Items: (All of this was gained pre-move or pre-crash, so I have no link to any of it except my original profile here which is in my sig).

Bone Jewel: Worn around Thoracis’ neck, this small trinket was given to Thoracis by Lexxum Vordic in his first battle ever at Althanas and grants Thoracis a small bit of luck.

Anti-Magic Amulet: Purchased at the Bazaar pre-move. This amulet creates a barrier from magic around Thoracis. I have never had this part approved, but I play it like this and there has never been any argument - Thoracis is level 5 so he can now block up to 5 levels in spells. For example, if fighting a level 4 character, I could block one level 4 spell and one level 1 spell, or two level 2 spells, or any combination up to five. If I were to try and block say two level 4 spells the second spell would go over the fifth level and still hit Thoracis with the force of a level 3 spell. I hope that makes sense….

Dwarven Dehlar Chainmail: Purchased from Kachuk, also pre-move. This chainmail is worn under Thoracis’ robes. It is embedded with many runes which give it the appearance of glowing like a rainbow. These runes include runes of protection from the elements of Earth, Wind, Water, and Fire; a Lightweight Rune which makes the armor feel almost weightless, and a Rune of Speed that increases the wearer’s movement rate when desired.

Black Porcelain Mask: Purchased at the Bazaar, pre-crash. A simple black mask that Thoracis wears to hide the burn scars on his face.

Whew… that’s it.

Edit: Oh yea, I was level 5 with [23,682 EXP] and had something like 7k gold but however much doesn't matter cause I never use it.

Cyrus the virus
03-27-06, 02:47 PM
Glad to see you found it. Approved.