PDA

View Full Version : On and on I got nothing to hide...

Lavinian Ambition
03-12-08, 04:41 PM
Name: Jared Cesarino
Sex: Male
Race: Lavinian (Human)
Alias: The Lavinian Firebrand
Height: 5’ 9”
Weight: 145 Pounds
Hair: Red
Eyes: Grey
Relatives:
Sister – Serenity
Mother – Karla
Father – Ryan

Previous Profile: Level 0 (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=94165#post94165)

Updates are in Blue.

Appearance: Jared is a scrawny kid with wiry muscles that belie his strength and agility. One of the frequently picked on kids he learned fast that the quick target was the one used as a punching bag less often. His hair is ill-kept and often is used as a barrier when he’s deep in thought, forming a screen from his eyes and the world.

Personality: Jared is the product of the harsh growing up in the Lavinian Slums. While proud of his heritage and where he hails from, he often is pulled into things because of his pride. He is the consummate conscious cowboy often righting what he perceives as wrongs. Even if the end result is him in a pool of his blood he will never think twice to tell someone what he thinks of them.

Skills (Passive): Jared being a trained thief has access to the following abilities. All abilities are on a scale of 1-6.

Acrobatics: 1 (Jared is good at using the arena to his advantage. While not perfect at the technique he can often use the scenery to bounce off recover or even launch attacks at his opponent.)

Dagger Proficiency (Lavinian Form): 2 (The art of using a dagger in a practiced and versed manner.)

Lockpicking: 1 (The art of using lock picks to compromise the locks on equipment. Currently takes two posts to unlock a door or similar lock. He cannot be under stress during the process or the time increases by a post.)

Skills (Innate):

Echoes of a Soul – Not so much a skill as a puzzle, at times Jared may feel overwhelming de-ja-vu. Sometimes he may become privy to knowledge not necessarily his own, through flashbacks or similar means. This translates into nothing at this moment, however he also has no control over what he sees and more importantly when. The knowledge he gains will be minimal and may only relate a person’s name, or something they had done in the past.

The puzzle continues to unfold as now Jared can see that the memories might have some relation to the deceased thief Seth Dahlios. He isn’t sure what’s going on, but he sometimes feels empty emotions, emotions that have no place in his heart. They are strong, often accompanied by desires to go with them, and he resists them whenever he can. However at times, he slips into different mannerisms, acting harsher and colder than normally.

Foreplay - Due to the rather frequent and gratuitous sex Jared had with the Ninja Kyo, he has learned the basics of foreplay. While not able to bring women to their knees yet, he certainly knows how to get a rise out of them.

Items:

Pair of steel daggers – identical to the hundreds given to Lavinian Thieves upon completing the trials of thievery

A pair of Leather gloves, minus covering for fingers of average quality (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=12692)

A set of Masterwork Lock picks, purchased from the bazaar

An above Average lock to practice his skills on (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=10642)

Backpack containing basic traveling equipment

A ring from his sister worn on chain around his neck – it is of no monetary value, merely given by his sister as a memento and a reminder of the promise not to get himself killed

History: Jared was the product of a loving home. His parents weren’t killed in some horrendous accident. His family wasn’t slain by demons. No, Jared was the product of a rather boring life. His sister and him would often joke about wishing for the dramatic life and the dead parents that came with it. While growing up in the slums tempered the man, he was forged in the fires of the Lavinian Thief’s guild. The story of how that came to be was something he was sworn to secrecy.

~*~

Jared ran down the streets ahead of the guards. He knew he was innocent but he also knew the guards wouldn’t believe him if he tried. As he raced he jumped up hitting the lid of a trashcan and springing towards the wall before him scrambling over. As the guards cursed at the quick act he landed on the other side panting. He thought he was alone before he turned as saw a guard at the other end.

“There you are you little thief. I hope you like prison, I know a few of the inmates could use the fresh meat,” The guard said as he moved forward spear at the ready. It was at that moment Jared panicked. Picking up a stone he hefted it before he spun and threw it with all his force, and miraculously hitting the guard in the throat. As the falling guard clutched at his throat Jared sprinted to move past him. Running out into the alleyway he thought he was free until a fist collided with the side of his head.

Hitting the ground with an abrupt stop he groaned before the figure who hit him dragged him into an alleyway. As the guards began to run by Jared was rubbing his jaw and looking around before he saw a hooded man. As he groaned softly the man moved and covered his mouth before he said hurriedly, “You make noise they’ll hear you, and even I can’t protect you then.”

Knowing better than to question the man, for who knew what the man could do to him, he remained silent until the man finally let his mouth go. Smirking softly he said, “There we go, just like that…”

Jared meanwhile was confused. The man wasn’t like any guard he knew; in fact he was dressed more like a thief. Dark colors, the trademark twin daggers. It was all adding up, and Jared suddenly didn’t feel so safe. He looked the man over before he said, “I don’t know what you want, but ask for it and let me go. I don’t want to die!”

“Where did you learn to throw like that?” Was the reply.

“Like what?” Jared asked scared for his life.

“That throw, you threw that rock rather expertly, was it natural, or was it skilled?” The man asked clarifying.

“I just threw it; it seemed right at the time…” Jared said as he looked the man in the eyes, or rather where the eyes of the hooded man should be. The man seemed deep in thought before he smirked under the hood.

“You bastard…I should have known…” He said before he pulled Jared up brushing him off smartly. Jared frowned at the insult and was about to open his mouth before he was cut off, “Don’t worry about it. It’s not that important. For now, I have to see about something. In the meantime, keep your head up, and use this to get home…” He then tossed Jared the cloak he was wearing. Jared caught it before his eyes widened seeing the grey hair man. He looked to be in his late twenties, but his eyes seemed to radiate an ancient wisdom far greater than that. As Jared was about to say something the man held up a hand before he bowed, “If you will excuse me, I have a guild to attend to, and you have a home to get to.”

In a bright flash of light the man disappeared before Jared frowned. Throwing on the cloak he moved swiftly home that day, in debt to who he could only assume was the guild master of the Lavinian Thief’s guild. Over the next five years the guild began to take him in as one of their own, training and teaching him. He soon began to focus on his speed and agility while occasionally figuring out things about people, he shouldn’t. His guild name was christened to him when they realized the hot temper the man had, and they pray for the day someone who doesn’t know him sets it off.

Level 1 – The Thief’s Test Saga

Jared has a lot going on in his life. Having only recently passed the Trial of Thieves he found himself in a rather interesting position. The trial, unlike normal trials was not held in Lavinya. Instead he was hired out as a thief for a Nobleman named Lord Roland. The entire job was more of a test, as he was pitted against the ninja Kyosku Tetsoma for the same prize, on the same night. In a battle of wills that saw the Lavinian give up the prize, after nearly killing the poor girl, it seemed all was going to go wrong for Jared.

However, when he went to report to Lord Roland, a rather enraged Kyosku threw the prize against the wall shattering it, and promptly poisoned the lord. Jared feeling a bit angry at the lord himself decided to have a chat while he had the Lord’s undivided attention. The end result was Jared broke the lord’s nose and left, and Lord Roland swore vengeance against the both of them.

Vengeance was swift as the two found themselves harried by thugs hired by Lord Roland to return corpses, not people. Working together they realized such treatment would continue to happen so long as they or Roland were alive, and set about to rectify the situation. After recuperating from their wounds they set out to kill the Lord and upon doing so, left for Akishima, in order to avoid the guards of Radasanth and Roland’s thugs out for vengeance.

However, while Jared had begun to develop strong feelings for Kyosku, and it seemed Kyosku felt the same, she left him in Akishima where he would be safe, and returned to her people. Jared felt the sting of rejection, feeling he had perhaps pushed her away. As he returned to Lavinya with the help of his guild he immediately threw himself back into the fold and sought to recover from the mess that had been his journey in Radasanth.

Meeting with the guild healer Mariah Mitami, Jared soon found he was experiencing memories not his own. Combined with the fact he had felt feelings also not his own in Roland’s manor he was beginning to wonder exactly what was going on. As far as he can tell, the memories are related to Seth Dahlios, the deceased thief of Lavinya. A bit concerned he continues his everyday chores in Lavinya, hoping that it was merely a fluke, and not indicative of something far more.

Witchblade
03-12-08, 05:27 PM
Not approved because you didn't include the 'foreplay' skill.

Lavinian Ambition
03-12-08, 10:05 PM
Dearie me, perhaps you should check again....

Witchblade
03-12-08, 10:09 PM
Sexillant.

You are Approved!