PDA

View Full Version : Shopping in Dheathain

HikariAngel
03-12-08, 06:46 PM
Moonie please.

Stepping out of the quaint little shop run by the incredibly adorable Lasair, Monica meandered down the road, looking at one sign after another in the Dheathain Bazaar Row. The parchment pressed tight against her chest was precious to the catgirl.

“Let’s see… the crystals I’ll have to get from the cave behind the waterfall. I doubt they’ll sell dragon scales at all. Mana dust isn’t something they would readily sell…”

The catgirl kept wandering as she read, ticking ingredients off the list that she knew she would never find for sale. Eventually she turned randomly into a little shop called “E’s Odds and Ends”. The catgirl didn’t really notice she was in the shop until her knee bumped into the long wooden countertop. Only then did she look up from her list.

“Oh, you wouldn’t happen to have two yards of Sifan cloth and a half-pound of Prevalida, would you?”

Moonlit Raven
03-12-08, 07:02 PM
Awww, I almost escaped! Damn you for being so cute, you owe me some brownies! ^_^

Erin looked up from her chore of dusting at the chime of the bells that hung over the door. Bright blue eyes twinkled at the thought of having a customer and the excuse of abandoning her cleaning.

"I'll be right there sweetheart." Erin called cheerfully as she hurriedly untied the handkerchief from around her and shoved it into a pocket. Ignoring her dust smeared appearance she hurried for the counter.

"Ello there, love. I'm Erin, pleased to meet you." A thoughtful finger absently tapped her lower lip as she prodded it. "I think I do indeed have Sifan and Prevalida. Half a pound of Prevalida and two yards of Sifan would be right at 600 gold. I need to see if it's been worked into a weapon already. You have a seat and I'll bring you over a cup of tea to sip on while I go check on the metal." Pointing at the padded stool set up in the corner near the counter, Erin rushed off. A moment later she returned with a small tray bearing a teapot and cup as well as a few pastries.

"I'll be right back, dearie."

HikariAngel
03-13-08, 01:41 PM
Death by Chocolate, right?The catgirl sat down on the padded stool and gazed around the shop. Everything she could have wanted was here, but very little of what she needed was placed on the myriad of shelves. The tea was a unique flavor that tickled going down her throat. A touch of honey, Monica thought, and a bit of cream, too. Erin either knew the nuances of cats or liked her tea the same way.

“Six-hundred gold… that’s quite a bit of coin for so little material, but I guess it’s inevitable. After all, Sifan cloth isn’t exactly easy to come by and Prevalida is expensive, too.”

Monica’s voice was rather proper, she thought, and fitting for someone who knew what they were looking for. Waiting for a moment for the shopkeeper to return from the back room, she spoke up again.

“These materials are only going to be used in a synthesis formula; is there any way you could cut a touch off the price? Maybe bring it down to 580 or so?”

Moonlit Raven
03-14-08, 12:14 AM
"What was that dear?" Erin called as she leaned out into the doorway and looked at her cute customer. As the words soaked in and Erin looked from the Sifan she was wrapping up to the girl she chewed on her lower lip in thought. To give herself a few moments longer Erin pulled back and went in search of the metal bricks, checking type and weight of each one.

"Now, I'm normally not one to cut costs and what not. Inflation is a horrid thing, my dear, but I'll make the acceptation. 580 gold is it." Placing the prevalida and the Sifan, wrapped in rough burlap, on the counter she smiled at the girl.

"How's the tea?"

HikariAngel
03-14-08, 12:39 AM
“Thank you very much, Miss Erin!”

Monica resisted the urge to pounce the lovely lady, just barely overcoming by settling for a generous smile, perky ears, and a happily swishing tail. Pulling the small backpack from her back, the catgirl removed her coin purse and counted out a number of handfuls of coins. She then set those coins aside and dumped the rest of the bag onto the counter. No math whiz, she did know enough that all she had to do was count out the eighty-five coins she was going to be left with and give the other 580 to the nice lady. The idea of holding a few coins back crossed her mind, but that was why Erin was getting the scales out, after all.

“The tea? It is wonderful. I normally don’t drink much tea, but if I had more like this, I could just change that habit. It’s not as bitter as normal tea, but it’s not too sickeningly sweet as other people like it.” She giggled after taking another sip, “It tickles my throat on the way down.”

Moonlit Raven
03-14-08, 12:50 AM
Eyeing the coins Erin gave them a quick count before sweeping them into the lockable box near her feet as she leaned agaisnt the counter. The skin at the corners of her bright blue eyes crinkled as she smiled at the young girl.

"There I think we're all done with buisness. Take as long as you like with the tea, I'm pleased you like it. I've always said that a decent, well made cup of tea does wonders for the soul and mind."

Transaction complete. Hikariangel loses 580 GP, gains 100 EXP.