PDA

View Full Version : Sweet threads, dawg.

Elijah_Morendale
03-15-08, 09:52 PM
Oh man, I hope I made it in the nick of time.

Threads participated in:

The Lords of the Night (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=7155)
When Blood Runs Cold (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=10528)

Item requested:

A olive green fleece hoodie permanently enchanted to be as resistant to physical blows as steel but still weigh as much as a proper hoodie should. The fabric will only tear if cut by a metal that is of a higher tier than steel.

Cyrus the virus
03-17-08, 02:52 AM
Eh, a full upper-body suit of armor that weighs as much as cloth... Make it so the hoodie goes down to his elbows only, and has no hood (thus eliminating its hoodieness, unfortunately), and I'll be cool with it. Or come up with another compromise, I suppose.

Elijah_Morendale
03-17-08, 09:54 AM
A hoodie ain't a hoodie without the hood, man!

Hmm... How about this. The garment still has the hood and long sleeves, but the enchantment itself doesn't apply to the hood and doesn't go past his elbows.

Either that, or I'd be willing to part with an appropriate amount of gold to have the hoodie as I originally designed it.

Name a price, and we'll go from there, please.

Sighter Tnailog
03-17-08, 12:13 PM
I hate to interrupt a thread being dealt with by Cyrus, but I think I have an easy compromise.

Just like real cloth, the hoodie isn't rigid. That is to say, it has almost no resistance against punishing blunt trauma -- for instance, a bronze mace (or even a wooden mace, for that matter) would still cause a mighty powerful bruise and even the wonderful phenomenon of internal bleeding. The "strong as steel" descriptor thus only refers to the material's resistance to a tearing or slashing blow. And even then, if I hit you with a bronze sword really hard it might still cause damage from the blunt impact, but the sword just won't break through to make direct skin contact.

That's just a clarification of terms here, not a ruling on whether you can have it or not. I just thought it would be appropriate to know what both parties are discussing as you move forward with the approval. Carry on!

Cyrus the virus
03-17-08, 04:39 PM
Yeah, I realize it'd be much like chainmail. In my mind, though, it's the difference between a severed limb and a really rough bruise. I could be wrong.

Anyway, the spoil is fine if it doesn't affect the hood or past his elbows. So carry on like that ;)

Elijah_Morendale
03-21-08, 09:12 AM
Deal.

^_^

Cyrus the virus
03-22-08, 02:16 AM
Wordproved.