PDA

View Full Version : Challenges!

Pages : 1 [2]

Christoph
09-28-08, 02:27 PM
Shinigamy: It would probably be best to wait until you know the results of your last battle before making another challenge.

shinigami_90
09-28-08, 03:03 PM
alright thanks

Tenmatsu Tenimi
10-02-08, 09:50 AM
Your character name: Tenmatsu Tenimi
The rank you wish to challenge Warrior
The player you wish to challeng: who ever

Sorahn
10-02-08, 08:17 PM
Your character name: Tenmatsu Tenimi
The player you wish to challeng: who ever

I got this.

I know in your intro thread you mentioned wanting some pointers about writing since you're new. I'm all about helping new guys, so if you like I can give you some comments on each of your posts throughout the battle. We used to have a feature like that way back in the day. So like I'll post an intro, then you respond, and in my next post I'll make some comments about your post before my post, rinse, repeat. That way you don't have to wait on the judgment. Let me know if you want me to do that.

Also, gimme a couple days to get the thread up because school is kinda swamping me right now.

Tenmatsu Tenimi
10-02-08, 08:58 PM
Sorahn, that would be a big help for me, and thank you for taking your time to both help me and grant me a battle.

Sorahn
10-04-08, 01:04 PM
No problem at all.

Let's do this. (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=17327)

Good luck.

Ebivoulya
10-08-08, 09:17 AM
I talked to Christoph about my tie with Ira, and he thought it fair to decree I could still challenge up, but not take her position. Therefore, I challenge a Master.

Character Name: Nyadir D'Var
Challenging Rank: Master
Challenging Player: 016573

Christoph
10-13-08, 11:20 AM
Numbers has exceeded the time limit placed on accepting specific challenges.

Ebivoulya: You are free to assume his position if you'd like (though you would need to win a battle as Master before challenging up any further), issue another challenge, or continue to wait on Numbers.

Ebivoulya
10-14-08, 05:57 PM
I'd really like to fight him, it seems like a good challenge. I'll wait until the end of this week. If he still hasn't responded, I guess I'll take his position.

Drago Tenmatsu
10-14-08, 06:59 PM
Your character name: Drago Tenmatsu
The player you wish to challeng: Destrudo

Destrudo
10-14-08, 08:09 PM
The player you wish to challeng: Destrudo

I hereby turn down this challenge, having reached the pagoda limit of two challengers, and do not wish to take on an optional third.

Drago Tenmatsu
10-14-08, 09:48 PM
its ok. no harm done.

The player you wish to challeng: A Nony Mouse

F.Necroticans
10-22-08, 01:47 AM
Character Name: Damien Avetritus Aequitas
Challenging Rank: Warrior
Challenging Player: -

Christoph
10-22-08, 07:45 AM
its ok. no harm done.

The player you wish to challeng: A Nony Mouse

It's been well beyond the time limit for accepting your challenge. I even sent ANM a PM to let him know. Therefore, you may either take his position or challenge another Warrior instead.

F.Necroticans: You might have far better luck with a specific challenge.

Drago Tenmatsu
10-22-08, 01:04 PM
I know this may make me sound like a pompiss asshole but I'd love to take his position. Thank you for this oppertunity in the Pagoda

Christoph
10-22-08, 01:41 PM
Pfft. Nothing pompous about it. You came to the Pagoda to battle, and this is one of the ways to do it. (Pssst... you could even accept F.Necroticans's challenge) I'll add you to the roster. Good luck with your Pagoda career!

Drago Tenmatsu
10-22-08, 01:46 PM
Character Name: Damien Avetritus Aequitas
Challenging Player: -

I hereby accept your challenge, I will try to have a post up within the next 24 hours.

Taskmienster
10-26-08, 12:49 PM
Due to the fact that The Forgotten as timed out, by a very long time, I would like to request that I be allowed to challenge another warrior in order to gain the position through an actual fight instead of default... not sure if that's allowed.

Character Name: Ethan "Lars" Calhoun
Challenging Rank: Master
Challenging Player: Whoever is most active, please please please.

Thank you.

Christoph
10-26-08, 08:43 PM
You can either assume Forgotten's position, or you may challenge another Warrior. Either way, nobody can challenge up to a Master until they have at least one non-default win at the Warrior level (either as a challenger or a Hierarch) Alternatively, you can try to revive the dead battle and bring it to at least ten posts so that it can be judged.

fey leor
10-27-08, 07:13 AM
Character Name: Fey Leor
Challenging Player: Tenmatsu Tenimi

Tenmatsu Tenimi
10-27-08, 02:50 PM
Character Name: Fey Leor
Challenging Player: Tenmatsu Tenimi

I, Tenmatsu Tenimi hereby accept this challenge and Turn down all other challengers UNTILL my two bouts are up. And here they are.

F. Necroticans http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=17436
and
Fey Leor http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=17459

Ataraxis
10-27-08, 03:56 PM
Just a question... shouldn't the Warrior position actually belong to your Drago account?

I'm guessing it doesn't really matter, since you didn't actually fight with Drago and could have challenged ANM with this account just as easily... but then we'd probably have to edit the Warrior listing with the right account in that case.

Tenmatsu Tenimi
10-27-08, 05:09 PM
Actually in a way, from my understanding, both of the accounts are legit on the list

For Drago Tenmatsu, ANM timed out and couldnt accept in time.

For Tenmatsu, Sorahn over timed 2 weeks, but that battle is still on anyway.

Ataraxis
10-27-08, 05:32 PM
The fact that it's still underway would mean that you have decided not to let the overtime count. That would mean that no, Tenmatsu is not eligible. I'd advise you to finish that battle first if you do want Sorahn's position, since as he told you, you'd just end up being challenged again by him shortly after. Moreover, you only had an arena approved for Drago, yet you used the same for Tenmatsu.

Tenmatsu Tenimi
10-27-08, 05:44 PM
I'm sorry actually. It's just I'm not doing this on purpose, it is just I have alot on my mind and I get confused easily and sometimes forget what account I am on. I would like a chance to change it, if I knew how.

Taskmienster
10-27-08, 06:27 PM
The error occurred with the acceptance of the battle by the wrong account, thought the battles were started with Drago. The original list has Drago on it as a master, with Tenmatsu as challenging Sorahn. Both battles claimed, by F. Necro and Fay were started by Drago as well. I think Fay made the mistake of asking for Tenmatsu, who is the same person as Drago, and he accepted as Tenmatsu, but the battle is set up as Drago vs. Fay anyway.

No harm done, no rules broken, just a confusion of accounts. I'd suggest being careful in the future to log as the account that can and is accepting, only due to the fact that it helps other players that don't know about the different accounts... especially since you have two characters involved and all.

Ataraxis
11-01-08, 12:20 AM
Well, it might be my eyes, but...

http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=17436 - Teachings of Death : Tenmatsu Tenimi Vs F. Necroticans. It's started by Tenmatsu, and the character used is Tenmatsu.

http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=17459 - Teachings of death : Tenmatsu Tenimi Vs Fey Leor. Started on the Drago account, but as the character Tenmatsu.

So yes, Fay asked for the wrong account, but Drago, the actual warrior on the list, isn't participating in any battle while Tenmatsu, who's not on the list and who hasn't completed his battle yet, is participating in two.

I don't mean this message as a means to snipe, far from it. I just think this issue isn't without repercussions, and that it should be solved somehow.

The easiest way I can think of is to simply switch Drago with Tenmatsu's account on the Warrior Roster, as he attained that rank by no-show, which means there'll be no impact ICly. When his battle against Sorahn is over, the results should simply determine whether he can challenge up to warrior, or retain his position as the replacement for his Drago account.

And Tenmatsu, don't sweat it. This is just a matter of reorganizing things, not of forcing you to start from scratch. This shouldn't take much longer to resolve.

Tenmatsu Tenimi
11-01-08, 02:18 AM
Ok, I know this is a stupid question, but how is that done? like how would I or someone else switch the characters around?

Wait, just change them on the roster for the Pagoda? or is it more then just that?

Christoph
11-01-08, 03:45 PM
What exactly do you want to do, again, and why?

Chandra
11-29-08, 07:45 PM
Your character name: Afzel Chandra
The rank you wish to challenge: Warrior
The player you wish to challenge: --

Sorahn
12-02-08, 11:52 AM
Your character name: Afzel Chandra

Since apparently everyone else is dead, I'll take this. Don't want to leave you hangin. ;)

Thread will be up in a bit.

EDIT: I'm going to have to un-claim this. Really sorry but final exams are next week for me and my grades are on edge in literally all of my classes. I will be effectively dead to Althanas for the next week. If this challenge is still available after that then I'll reclaim it but until then I want to leave it open for anyone who is more active than me.

Chandra
12-06-08, 11:08 AM
That's okay. I have finals too.

Happy Birthday by the way.

Breaker
01-13-09, 03:49 PM
Character Name: Josh Cronen
Rank Challenged: Warrior
Open challenge, but I'll make it specific if this sits around for too long. Thanks!

Prodigy Child
01-14-09, 06:14 PM
Name: Heller Rythadine
Challengee: Drago Tenmatsu

Taskmienster
01-18-09, 01:55 PM
Character Name: Josh Cronen
Open challenge, but I'll make it specific if this sits around for too long. Thanks!

Numbers! I hereby accept your challenge... since I assume I'm a warrior and all with my battle going dead (along with all the other battles haha). I'll have the post up today. I'm overburdening myself though with threads and mod duties, so if you agree to it can we forgo the 72 hour necessity if need be?

Breaker
01-18-09, 02:09 PM
Cool beans.

Duo_Maxwell
01-27-09, 09:49 PM
Name: Deathscythe
Challengee: Anyone

Drago Tenmatsu
01-27-09, 09:50 PM
Name: Heller Rythadine
Challengee: Drago Tenmatsu

Alright, I hereby accept this Challenge. I will try to have a post up by morning. So that gives me 12 hours lol.

Taskmienster
01-27-09, 10:06 PM
Name: Deathscythe
Challengee: Anyone

Challenge accepted. Should have a thread up soon.

Duo_Maxwell
01-27-09, 10:08 PM
Fine by me, take your sweet time

Taskmienster
01-28-09, 06:21 PM
Battle posted Duo, have at it.

Trago
02-02-09, 07:29 AM
Your character name: Trago

Bloodrose
02-04-09, 04:39 PM
Are there any active Warriors other than Task? Guy's active, but he can't prop this place up on his own.

Anyone?

Anyone?

Bueller?

*sigh*

Recruitment drive anyone?

Trago
02-04-09, 05:08 PM
Well if no one accepts my challenge by Saturday, I'm gonna just reside and just forget about it.

Iriah Caitrak
02-04-09, 05:14 PM
I'm active... I think.

Taskmienster
02-04-09, 05:31 PM
I was wondering the same thing... I mean I think one other person accepted a battle, but I can't start every battle with everyone, haha. Though the streak would be nice gains. :p

Trago
02-04-09, 05:35 PM
Well someone accept my battle already? I'm an impatient person... >:)

Iriah Caitrak
02-04-09, 05:38 PM
Well, I'm active, but taking on a battle with time constraints is difficult considering my three to four hour workload a night, so I've only been accepting direct challenges, but no one has been challenging my account so I haven't had to worry. If the time constraints for posting were lifted, I might feel a little more comfortable grabbing some challenges.

Taskmienster
02-04-09, 05:39 PM
Yeah my time constrains are killing me too. On top of activity here I have 5 classes, 3 exams this week, and 2 10+ page research papers due in a couple weeks... -_-

Trago
02-04-09, 05:39 PM
god damm ! i knew this would take forever.... now im getting pissy

Iriah Caitrak
02-04-09, 05:42 PM
Maybe we should consider lengthening the time on posting for the pagoda, or something...

Trago
02-04-09, 05:44 PM
Well i dont care what happens as long as i get to fight someone... but that does sound a good idea.

Iriah Caitrak
02-04-09, 06:03 PM
You can either calm down and wait for someone to accept your challenge, or go to The Citadel, either way makes no difference to me.

Trago
02-04-09, 06:07 PM
fine, I'll go to the Citadel but i keep my challege request open still.

Christoph
02-04-09, 06:18 PM
Trago: Chill. I'm working on addressing the lack of active Pagoda Warriors. You'll get a battle one way or another. No need to get all worked up. ;)

Everyone else: Don't forget that during the school year, it's four days to post instead of three. Also, if both battlers agree to forgo the time rules, I won't say no.

Iriah Caitrak
02-04-09, 06:25 PM
Oh, I didn't know that. Thanks Christoph. ^_^

Trago
02-04-09, 06:29 PM
Im sorry, im kinda having a bad day so please excuse me.

Iriah Caitrak
02-06-09, 08:46 AM
Well, I think I have the time to do this, so I accept your challenge Trago. I should have the thread up within a few days.

If you want to forgo the time constraints on the thread, that would be a big help to me. But if not, it doesn't matter.

Trago
02-06-09, 08:58 AM
Time restraints are off, in any match i'm in. even when i become a member of the pagoda im gonna state no time restraints.

Death_god
02-06-09, 06:14 PM
Your character name: Zanth Tenimi
The player you wish to challenge: Anyone

Quentin Boone
02-06-09, 11:43 PM
Your character name: Quentin Boone
The player you wish to challenge: Taskmienster

Ariana
02-07-09, 01:24 PM
Your character name: Ariana
The player you wish to challenge: ----

Iriah Caitrak
02-10-09, 09:44 AM
Trago, I have posted our battle.

Should We Fall... (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=140806#post140806)

The Mathemagician
02-10-09, 10:43 AM
Your character name: Alphred Dorchster Tillman
The player you wish to challenge: [left blank]

Thank you.

Christoph
02-10-09, 11:53 AM
Well, as you can see, we're a bit short on Warriors at this moment. However, should both you and Ariana be willing, the two of you could battle against each other, with the winner assuming a position as Warrior.

Ariana
02-10-09, 12:44 PM
That's an idea Chris. But then what about the arena? Who picks that? But anyway I'm all up for it.

Christoph
02-10-09, 02:58 PM
Well, if Math agrees to the notion, you could come up with the arena, since you've been waiting longer. It would only be for this battle, though. Afterwards, the winner would need to register an arena officially.

Ariana
02-10-09, 03:14 PM
Alright thanks Cristoph. I'll think of one and tell you later about it ok?

The Mathemagician
02-10-09, 03:46 PM
I'm perfectly fine with Ariana coming up with a makeshift arena for this battle. Doesn't matter to me. And I like the idea of both of us battling for the empty warrior position, it makes sense. Just PM me when you have a thread up, Ariana. Thanks ;D

Ariana
02-10-09, 03:56 PM
Anytime. It will be up by midnight est. that gives me 7 hours to think of one. it is 5 pm here now. so im gonna get right to work on it.

Christoph
02-10-09, 04:35 PM
Bam! Crisis averted. Have fun, you two.

Taskmienster
02-11-09, 07:28 AM
Your character name: Quentin Boone
The player you wish to challenge: Taskmienster

Noted, sorry for the wait, I will be getting on this asap.

Kahne
02-11-09, 08:23 AM
Your character name: Kahne
The player you wish to challenge: Quentin Boone

Quentin Boone
02-11-09, 04:21 PM
Noted, sorry for the wait, I will be getting on this asap.

No worries, man... I don't think the fight is necessary, as I've been accepted to the rank of Warrior.

Your character name: Kahne

Noted the challenge, Kahne. I just need my arena approved, I believe, then we can get things moving. I expect a post up by tomorrow.

EDIT: Arena approved, thread will be up tomorrow, probably before midday GMT.

fey leor
02-14-09, 05:59 AM
Your character name: Fey Leor
The player you wish to challenge: -----

Fireball Fran
02-19-09, 06:08 PM
Your character name: Fireball Fran.
The player you wish to challenge: -----

Christoph
02-19-09, 08:25 PM
Well, it seems that we're still short of Warriors. Fireball Fran and Fey Leor: Would you two be willing to battle each other over one of the empty Warrior slots?

Fireball Fran
02-19-09, 09:04 PM
Well at the time I don't have time to post and everything. So yeah, Idk if i can really.

Christoph
02-19-09, 09:07 PM
Then why did you issue a challenge? o.0

Fireball Fran
02-19-09, 09:33 PM
Well at the time I had time. But work is kicking up for me and I won't have alot of time.

Well I got a call today saying I'm needed at work more then usual so yeah not gonna have time.

Quentin Boone
02-20-09, 02:30 AM
Fey Leor, I'll take you up on your challenge. A post will be up at one point over the weekend.

fey leor
02-20-09, 02:43 AM
Alright. I will be waiting.

The Forgotten
03-23-09, 09:06 AM
Name: Jessica
Challengee: whoever wants to fight

Lord Anglekos
03-23-09, 12:19 PM
Name: Eric Anglekos.
Challenger: _______. Willing to compete for one of the open spots.

Christoph
03-23-09, 12:21 PM
You and Forgotten are welcome to fight it out for one of the remaining empty Warrior slots if you'd like.

Lord Anglekos
03-23-09, 12:26 PM
I'd be up to that. Forgotten?

The Forgotten
03-23-09, 11:24 PM
Eh... I'd accept the fight, but if I win, I'd like the option of being able to challenge up straight away as well. I'm not really enthused by holding a warrior position at the moment.

Christoph
03-24-09, 04:30 PM
That sounds fair. Have fun, you two. Good luck.

Mutant_Lorenor
03-31-09, 11:23 PM
I haven't done this in a while. Want to clear up my rust.

Your character name: Lord Lorenor V'hakulus
The player you wish to challenge: Kyle or any Warrior available, but preferably Kyle. (Taskmienster) Only stipulation is that you make things at night if possible bro.

Taskmienster
03-31-09, 11:29 PM
I haven't done this in a while. Want to clear up my rust.

Your character name: Lord Lorenor V'hakulus
The player you wish to challenge: Kyle or any Warrior available, but preferably Kyle. (Taskmienster) Only stipulation is that you make things at night if possible bro.

Challenge Accepted.

Prepare for a real fight. It'll be my first actual fight in the pagoda that doesn't die out. haha.

Taskmienster
04-02-09, 03:45 PM
Sorry for the double post...

Are there any challenges that haven't been accepted yet? I was trying to make sure, but it seems that the people battle each other for open slots in the Warrior rank have made it a little harder to figure out.

Fey Leor had one with Quentin, but I didn't see it up.

Also, a side note, is there any way that we could work on getting some of the incomplete's out of the way? There are 3 pages, on my settings at least, of battles in the Pagoda. I think maybe 4-6 of those battles are actually active. It would clear up who can and can't be challenged, as well as who's won what (for win counts, though they are due to inactivity, as well as gambling).

Christoph
04-02-09, 09:07 PM
Good call. I'll clear through them tomorrow when I get a minute. It's good to see the Pagoda active again.

Lord Anglekos
04-21-09, 09:15 AM
My opponent in this (http://althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=18844) thread has not responded in more than ten days, and as per the inactivity rules stated I win by default. However, instead of moving up to Warrior position I would rather take the 50 experience points per post compensation for my efforts, again as stated in the Dajas Pagoda rules.

Christoph
04-24-09, 02:46 PM
Noted. Sorry that your battle died. It was shaping up to be good.

Lord Anglekos
04-24-09, 02:55 PM
Aye. There was going to be tentacle rape and everything. Oh, well. Sad face.

manwhore90
05-18-09, 01:55 PM
Name: Eric "Tigger" Giesey
Challenger: Anyone who is free.

Les Misérables
05-21-09, 10:44 AM
Name: Phyr Sa'resh
Challengee: Ira Shinkara

Put 'em up buttercup ;)

Devonus
06-10-09, 10:15 PM
Name: Devonus Draconum
Rank Challenging: Warrior
Challenging: Whoever is Available

Well I'm back and i thought maybe i should restart where i first started. Not to mention i enjoy the way you grade and analyze the fights from the first one, I'm hoping my skills have vastly improved since my Fight with breaker... just wish he was still in the pagoda for a grudge fight, even though i know I would probably lose considering his level now.

Taskmienster
06-11-09, 11:05 AM
Man... I know you've been waiting longer, and I'm sorry I didn't get to this when I first noticed it. If you're still around feel free to post in here and I'll accept your challenge.

Devonus I'll accept your challenge, I'll work on the post for the battle in the next day or two. Probably have it up tomorrow since it's my day off.

manwhore90
08-03-09, 04:35 AM
[QUOTE=Taskmienster;149799]Man... I know you've been waiting longer, and I'm sorry I didn't get to this when I first noticed it. If you're still around feel free to post in here and I'll accept your challenge.

Sure. Sounds like fun. I've not been on in forever so I think I can use a warm up match. So let me know when you have it up.

Duffy
08-21-09, 12:19 PM
Name: Duffy Bracken
Challenging: Anyone

manwhore90
08-27-09, 09:10 AM
Name: Duffy Bracken
Challenging: Anyone

Hey Duffy. Instead of that Citadel battle, wanna do it here and fight for the spot? This is UW by the way.

Duffy
08-27-09, 11:20 AM
Fine with me, you can open, I used the last opener for my fight with Odachi.

Whenever's clever.

manwhore90
08-27-09, 03:49 PM
Fine with me, you can open, I used the last opener for my fight with Odachi.

Whenever's clever.

Alright man. Give me seventy-two hours and the opener shall be up.

Duffy
09-02-09, 05:43 PM
Challenge extended to anyone..

I mean...anyone.

This inactivity is doing my balls in, anyone want to scrap, come get some theatrical stabbin'!

The International
09-15-09, 11:42 PM
Let's do it. PM me.

Amara
02-14-10, 05:08 PM
Your character name: Amara
The player you wish to challenge: I challenge the warrior with the most ridiculous name: The Mathemagician.

Slayer of the Rot
02-14-10, 05:10 PM
You'll probably win that, since the pagoda's dead.

Amara
02-14-10, 05:24 PM
I noticed that the Pagoda is little more than a bloated corpse. My dastardly plan is to rise through it's dead ranks to the position of Grandmaster without making a single IC post.

I hope I fail.

Slayer of the Rot
02-14-10, 05:40 PM
Seems like a decent enough plan. Here, I'll race you.

Your character name: Dan Lagh'ratham

Taskmienster
02-14-10, 05:51 PM
The Pagoda is, indeed, dead and not open for business at this time. Sorry folks.