PDA

View Full Version : New Clarification. Updates in blue.

Kially Gaith
03-22-08, 10:00 PM
Name: Kially Maters Gaith

Height: 4 foot, on the dot.

Species: Geomagus angel.

Description:

When the Mother Nature cries tears of blood and the wind blew it's strongest, each day brought the sunshine and left only the devestation of the storm before. These storms were often seen by the more common folk as that of Nature. Mother Nature however, is a little stronger than that though, strong enough infact, to create life from but leaves and mud. And whence came from such items did the child. Forged in the clouds from only the finest sun blessed water waters, the coldest frozen snow and the most bitter and cutting winds, came an angel of the planet. I was so tempted to parody the M&S advert...

Now, angels of the planet are not as such blessed as those of the celestial sort. They do not have flightful wings of fancy, nor feathers more pure than any flock of doves. No. Not at all. Geomagus angels tend to be mostly emotionless vessels, aimed at keeping the world as pure as possible. This 'angel' of course, is no exception.

Standing at only a measly four foot, this young child would not stand out in a crowd...Or more correct....Most likely be more stood ON by the crowd...But enough of the troubles...With shoulder gracing chestnut coloured hair, draping about his neck in straight lines, a waft, perhaps an emo fringe some would call it, laying across his forehead from center left forehead to left far most temple, layering over other parts of hair. His eyes were the more beautiful feature of the boy, ice blue, unmarred and pure, telling of no hatred, no love, no need for more than the world arround him. His nose was that of a dainty little thing, not really protruding out all that much, just two small holes about a mould of skin. His lips would be those of a child, of course, pale pink with little sign of experience, still uncut and unscarred due to his naive and sweet age.

Clothing

Clothing you ask? A standard white ruffle shirt made of cotton, frills softly climb from middle center of the black marble buttons upto the very top, a cute ensemble. Sleeves brushing down to thin scrawny wrists where they would flay open without need nor cause past fashion, hiding underneath, a steel bracer on each arm, rusted, 3cm thick steel alloy gracing from his wrist to approximately just below his elbows, padded inside using large amounts of cloth which hold them snug and comfortable against his arms, his only upper body armor, able to take a sword/club strike, at perhaps the cost of a very sore arm due to vibration, even despite the vibration nulling scraps of inlaid fabrics.

Pants were of the black slack variety, very dirty with holes in the knees, belted about the waist with a standard leather belt, nothing special. Deep pockets for excellent storage space, going as deep down as the lower thigh. Cotton lined with thin suede for warmth in this case. Belt looping about waist level, tugging the partially oversized pants to his young form. These pants too, hid beneath them, matching ankle bracers, from mid ankle to lower calf, once again, 3cm thick steel alloy with cloth inlay to hold them in cosy place. His only lower armor.

Socks were none existant to his feet, instead, worn brown suede leather slip-on shoes, sewn crudely by a passing peddler as a gift.

Keep sakes, you ask? A small solid silver leaf pendant, worn about his neck as a quiet sign of his heritage, born into the world with his then naked form.

Weapons would pertrain to anything he happens to find on the floor...Which, yes, is definately more deadly than meets the eye.

Bow ribbon - Made of midnight blue silk, enchanted currently with TWO ability enchantments, listed in abilities, one secondary enchantment (Item return) purchasedHere (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=6839)

Everlasting Provisions - Infinite food and drink (Usable two times a day) Obtained Here (http://www.althanas.com/world/showpost.php?p=77192&postcount=54)

Abilities

Now, with such a young and vulnerable form, and a pendant just screaming to be stole, the boy has to have SOME way of protecting himself, right? But of course! And here be those that have kept him through the wilderness as he searches for a place to stay and live.

Wind blade edge: Having been born from the sky at the planets bidding, the boy can give a bladed edge to anything, at level 0 this will pertain to the sharpness of a fish knife. This ability comes from adept experience in the science of nature, granted by Mother herself. The edge starts wherever on the item he picks up to see fit, atoms of hydrogen and oxygen sharpening themselves to an edge, this edge will last as long as the item is in his hand, and for 10 seconds after the item leaves those hands. This is what makes his offensive. He can also of course channel this ability onto his own body, but is most effective only on the thinner members such as the blade of his foot and his fingers, others, gaining more a club like effect. This ability can be used both indoors and outdoors as long as air is available. The ability will last for approximately ten minutes, having detrimental effects on his physical state at arround 6 minutes. With it being his onlytrue offensive ability, it has been refined through his years to last a good while, with the energy needed to cause the desired effect primarily being drawn from the air in use, if usage is pushed past ten minutes, he is likely to hallucinate or even pass out.
The air temperature does not matter, but at later levels will pertain to elemental forms on the attack. Eg, hot air - Fire, Cold air - Ice, ETC ETC...BLAH BLAH BLAH

Gust blast - By placing any hand against the opposite directive shoulder and forcing it out in a single sidewards arch, the child can send a blast of air in the primary direction of the hand swipe. Although not damaging, this can of course knock very light weight projectiles off course and possibly even pick up dust or sand to give him a moment of advantage for either attack or escape. The range is anywhere within 6 meters of his form and can only be used outside or in building with a direct source of strong air. (Open door to outside, large open window, etc.).

Self shield - Not as strong as first perhaps thought, as of current, this allows him the ability to not slice himself open with his own wind creations, and nothing more, created by adding a small film of pressurised air on his hands when the item is embued with the wind blade edge.

Basic level Aikido - Being such a small thing, he needs SOME offensive technique, and what better than aikido, a martial art utilising the opponents own size, strength and body weight against them, paired with a healthy dodge technique which his lack of armor allows for rapid pace.

High speed - Not so much an ability, than a trait. Due to his size and light weight clothing and form, he's quicker than the average person, his speed would be approximately one and half times the standard human, on the basis that evading trouble has been the majority of his life, making his legs fast and nimble.

Immunity to natural wind - Natural wind whisks ARROUND Kially, not touching him or even brushing his form whenever he so pleases. - This CANNOT pertain to combat/NPC attacks and does note effect ANY ability, PC, NPC or otherwise.(Vanity ability)

Invisibility (Ribbon Enchantment) - Allows pure invisibility for three posts (Or 10 Minutes) or 2 posts in combination with another enchantment (5 minutes), currently easily sensed by Psychics and smelt by a strong nose. - Not to be used against a PC in any combative manner, used sparingly against NPCs.

Silence (Ribbon enchantment) - Kially can remain perfectly silent for three posts (10 minutes) or 2 posts in combination with another enchantment (Or 5 minutes), this allows Kially perfectly silence whilst moving, including things under his feet - This does NOT include things being knocked over. Psychics can currently sense this energy and those with a good sense of smell can also smell him. - This is NOT to be used against a PC in any combative manner, used sparingly against NPCs.

Weaknesses

-1x Defence - Due to Kiallys small size and low body weight (And a still growing body), Kially takes double damage from physical attacks

-0.5x Magical Defence - Due to an undevelloped body, Kially takes an extra 0.5% of damage (Half of the normal given power boost) from magic

Low tolerance to physical ailments - Due to the low body weight, size and low will of mind, pain and poison have double effect upon Kially.

Dizziness - If Kially over uses his Ribbon enchantments, he becomes dizzy, disorientated, a large urge to vomit takes over and passing out is very possible.

Attitude

Being of mother nature, he's naturally a calm and innocent child, hard to anger and easy to upset. Upset doesn't necessarily mean crying, but deep down he's quick to offend and even quicker to walk away from a hostile situation, using his abilities primarily for hunting food and cutting herbs cleanly from the plant.

He's very innocent yet very knowledgable about the natural world, he has little understanding of technology so will be generally confused in the presence of such, naive and perhaps partially arrogant to the ways of the higher folk.

After learning everyone isn't all as sweet as he believes, he's now a little more insecure arround people.

OOC Notes

I decided I'd start on a highly weak concept and build on the strengths on level, with each level bringing on stronger wind techniques as needed on level up. Thank you very kindly for taking the time to read this, I hope you deem this fit.

I've given Kially some heavy weaknesses to make up for the 2x speed boost and justified my bought abilities by disallowing my own use of them against player characters in a malicious manner and a sparing use on NPCs.

Cyrus the virus
03-24-08, 12:44 AM
Where did this enhanced speed come from? You can only add abilities at level up, unless they're approved as a spoil. All the items you've bought are approved, and such.

Kially Gaith
03-24-08, 01:06 AM
Eh? Seemed appropriate considering I have absolutely no weapon, strength or resistance.

I want to be able to run, instead of fight. I don't have the physical ability to fight.

I realised he spent much of his time running, and I see his story branching more into him running...Alot. So threw in some heavy weaknesses to make up for that extra 0.5 speed that I should have done on character creation.

Cyrus the virus
03-24-08, 01:33 AM
All the same, you can't add abilities before your level 1 update. The .5 difference isn't a big deal, really. Very few level 0 characters have enough speed to realistically catch a quick runner with no armor.

I'll help you get some EXP with a quick quest, if you want!

Kially Gaith
03-24-08, 10:04 AM
Yeah, sure. ^_^

Am I still okay keeping that vanity ability? It gives Kially no advantage of any sort. Just allows me to show in game a little easier that Kially has at least some power (Hence, catching more characters attention, allowing me to initiate games easier).

I'll just remove teh new speed stuff for now then, suppose I may as well keep the weaknesses. Hopefully it'll give me some more leniance with abilities when I DO finally level up!

Cyrus the virus
03-24-08, 05:10 PM
I always support vanity! Good stuff.