PDA

View Full Version : The fairy and the angel. (Closed to Kially)

Crystal Suncrest
03-24-08, 11:07 AM
Crystal was always somebody who enjoyed exploring. She was always curious about the world, especially since her parents never let her explore it. She was never allowed to even venture one step outside her door because her parents wanted to protect her from the outside world. This only heightened her need for adventure and her curiousity about the outside world, so much so, that she eventually ran away from home, and decided to not come back until she had explored every locale.

So far, her list of locales was short, and she hadn't seen anything too dangerous. In fact, the most dangerous thing she had seen thus far was likely a scorpion. Her major interest right now was having fun and learning about different races and places.

As it was, she had found herself wandering the streets of a town called Fellade. It was a drab town near a forest of the same name. All the buildings were made of red bricks, and the streets were paved with sand. The only thing that even stood out in the town was a huge fountain made of marble. It looked like a pyramid held up by a single column over a pool of water. In the pool of water were about 20 lilypads. Of course when you are small, everything looks different to you. What may look like a dollhouse to some people would look like an apartment to a fairy. To our thrill seeking fairy, this wasn't a fountain at all.

"Yahoo! A waterslide!" Crystal yelled out as she flew to the top of the structure and rode the water flowing down the pyramid all the way down to the two foot drop into the water. Crystal made a small splash as she hit the water. She hadn't expected such a big drop at the end, but she had survived. Crystal pulled herself onto a lilypad and shook herself dry, flapping her wings to get them dry as well. and then started jumping from lilypad to lilypad before falling in again. This was the life for her. She was having too much fun.

Kially Gaith
03-24-08, 09:53 PM
Kially happened to be on the other side of said fountain, sat silently and innocently on its’ rugged white marble edge, his obsession with water having got the better of him as he slowly trailed his right hand index finger in the water of the fountain, small infinity symbols causing tiny ripples brushing contentedly across the surface, this was of course, until those ripples met with the larger ones of a splashing fairy, which immediately had Kially lift his face to visualise upon such creature, attention immediately stolen, finger idling in a single position as the small boys eyes locked upon Crystal.

Easing carefully and slowly to his feet, his gaze still fixed upon the small creature that seemingly hadn’t noticed his presence, he made silent route round the fountain towards her.

Curiosity always did get the better of children…

Reaching the closer side to the small winged one, he knelt down onto both knees into the cool shadow of the fountain, bottom settling softly onto his ankles as he peered down onto the lily pad from a 50 degree angle, not over bearing the Fairy with any form of his size and height as they were by far not enough to merit a given reason to be frightened…Not to mention, Kiallys’ eyes were a true spectacle, ice blue, haunting and unmarred, reflecting and shimmering in the water with what little light caught upon them

He sat, watching, not a sound, perfect silence. The little thing seemed rather capable and articulate, showing signs of intelligent movement, giving the boy the idea that perhaps it could talk.

“…Hullo?” He’d whisper, his sweet tone truly carrying like that of a ghost over the drink, chilling to the bone yet with a celestial sense of warmth aimed straight for the beating heart of a small being that happened to fall in his gaze.

Crystal Suncrest
03-28-08, 08:25 AM
Crystal was startled by the kid talking to her and missed one of her leaps to a lilypad because of it. This resulted in an embarrassing situation as Crystal fell in the water with a splash.

"Oh, um... Hi. " Crystal said, climbing back onto a lilypad and looking up at the person who addressed him. It was a little kid.... Well little, relatively speaking of course, since Crystal was only 6 feet. There was something wrong, though, there were no parents around. Crystal wanted to ask about this, but didn't. Her eyes instead looked towards the setting sun. She was going to need someplace to sleep, and she figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

"My name is Crystal Suncrest. You have a house I can stay at?"

Kially Gaith
04-03-08, 06:53 AM
A natural giggle emitted from the child at the given situation before him, a situation consisting of a small winged being and a large amount of water, the result? One soaked and somewhat shocked fairy.

“Umm…Nope!” A soft and eased response, carried with the elegance that only a child his age could find. His attention had already been lost from that of the fairy to the red sky holding the beautiful warm glow of the setting evening sun. “It’s nearly dark.” He stated haphazardly, as if such were not obvious enough.

It was then that he once again became entranced by the small fairy before him, curious as to just what she was (Having defined her sexuality simply by voice and not visuals) and why she was bathing in a fountain. Crystals small size gave him little indication of her species, nor did the tiny wings offered out on her back, naïve to her actions and form in every sense of the word.

“I do know somewhere warm though!” He bluntly spoke out, as he pointed towards a back alley, prefaced by a bakery. Kially’s knowledge was that the bakery fires produced a great deal of heat and even in the midnight hours, offered a permanent sink of warmth where the excess heat and smoke was vented.

Crystal Suncrest
04-04-08, 11:38 PM
Crystal followed the kid to the alleyway by the bakery. It was warm, all right, but her stomach growled as she began to smell bread from the oven, and the alle was extremely dusty making it almost impossible to get any sleep.

"Um, kid? Do your parents get you food, or what is it you eat?" Crystal asked before she just couldn't stand it anymore. She wanted bread, but as she attempted to fly in through the open window, it was slammed shut, resulting in her flying head first into the glass.

"Owwy"

Kially Gaith
04-10-08, 04:00 AM
Stepping small feet into the alleyway, Kially had no desire for bread, but instead, the warmth that the building emitted through the chimney high above. The smell, sure, it was tantalising, but the alley sure saw to adding a musky smell of rotting human waste, fruit and the leftovers of daily life, this scent alone was enough to make Kially uncomfortable and lack the desire for food.

Taking the question of Crystal as both rhetorical and pointless to answer, he sat himself down against the cool brick wall, shielding his nose a little with a cupped pale hand. “It smells.” Came the final statement of the obvious breaking both the silence that followed Crystals curiosity and that of what the alley brought.
Unfortunately, the boy was out of luck, there weren’t many places that provided this sort of warmth, the heat of the bakery pooling into the alley, held in tightly by porous walls that offered both heat and that of the scent of cooking savouries which was obviously driving the small fairy crazy. What was it like to have desires? He’d never even pondered it before, he’d never even given time to the matter. Today was no exception. The idea of even considering the fact of desire was soon removed by a loud thud as fairy met glass.

The alley soon echoed with laughter from Kially, despite hardly caring about the smell of bread, the misfortune of the fairy sure gave an interesting twist to remove his attention from that god awful smell.

Crystal Suncrest
04-21-08, 08:47 AM
"That really did hurt, you know. You shouldn't laugh at other's misfortune, by the way, besides, I am still hungry. To point out the obvious, we still need to eat, if not now, then in the morning. Now if you don't mind, I'd like to get some sleep. If I can't eat, at least allow me some shuteye. Maybe in the morning we could go to the forest for food." Crystal said, making a bed in Kially's hair.

Kially Gaith
07-02-08, 09:28 PM
Reaching up, Kially immediately made to pick the fairy from his hair like one would an undesirable insect, attempting to pluck her away before she could molest his untidy mane further. “Hey! Whutcha doin’?”

A frown fell about the lad, he wasn’t all that hungry now, even with the melding smells of human waste and fresh bread, his appetite had been nullified by the more disgusting of the two, instead, he remains sat with his back against the wall trying to gain warmth, holding the fairy, if had indeed grasped her, by the back of her minuscule clothing, dangling her painlessly as he awaited an answer.

The forest was actually a good idea, forests often smelt fresh, this towns scents were quickly sickening the child, having already destroyed his weak hunger and in that very moment, he considered heading for the forest right then and there.

Crystal Suncrest
08-01-08, 08:42 AM
Crystal stared at the angel in frustration. This was starting to get annoying. First she couldn't eat, now he wouldn't let her sleep without re-explaining herself.

"I'm trying to sleep. Trying to make myself a bed in a place that doesn't smell stinky. Mind at least allowing me to do that? Heck, I'd settle for you letting me go."

Suddenly Crystal realized something, they had never been introduced to each other

"By the way, Kid, I don't think I ever got your name. I told you mine, but you never told me yours. Mind remedying that situation?"