PDA

View Full Version : The Underground (Closed to Vice and one other who knows who they are)

Logan
03-27-08, 07:04 PM
The psion’s eyes bulged. He couldn’t believe his ears.

“You heard me right, Logan,” the figure cloaked in white said, “I want to you to join forces with me, and together we will rise to the top.” The man extended a hand outward, resting it upon the psion’s shoulder. The psion slumped in the chair. For as long as he could remember this man had been his biggest rival on so many levels, yet now he was being offered the chance to join forces with him? It made absolutely no sense. None whatsoever.

“You…you can’t be serious, man. Can you,” he inquired, “It’s not like I don’t believe we could rise to the top, but what reason do I have to believe you won’t screw me over?” His tone was level and his voice never once waivering.

“As long as we’ve known one another, Logan,” the cloaked figure began, “I’ve always prided myself on one thing. My word is my bond. I am bound by it. I am bound to it.” The psion raised his hand and proceeded to respond.

“Bullshit man. Bull-fucking-shit,” he exclaimed as his hands balled into fists, “Your word has never been your bond. Your word isn’t good anywhere on the face of Althanas, and you are going to sit there, after offering me to join you and then fucking lie to my face?” The man in white didn’t respond, and he didn’t have to. “I ought to kick your ass just for even hinting with your words and actions that I am some sort of idiot,” he was furious now and the energy around the room could be felt, and it was intense, “I ought to kill you for even suggesting such a fucking bullshit idea.”

The last words were spoken as the psion’s eyes closed. Out of his body erupted rays of bright white light which would blind any ordinary man. After a few moments the bright light died down and all that could be seen was Logan and the cloaked figure once more.

“You can’t do it. Can you, Logan,” the man in white questioned rhetorically. The psion fell to his knees with no response, his fists still clenched tightly. He stepped in front of Logan. “You see that is what makes myself and you different, McCloud, and it’s the same thing that makes us a near unstoppable force together,” the figure directed his comments at the war going on inside the psion. “I am not going to cross you because I know what you are capable if I do. And in the same breath because of who you are I have no fear of you crossing me. We are quite essentially the black and white if it were,” he continued on his words piercing directly into Logan’s mind.

“It is the combination of the hatred of the Althanas elite for me and the love of the Althanas elite for you that shall bring those same bastards to their knees. We are the only ones who know their secrets. Logan,” he spoke words of wisdom in the eyes of the psion now, “we are the only ones who can stop this madness from spreading further. I need you. Althanas needs you.” The figure turned to walk away with his last words, but the psion rose to a standing position and spoke.

“If you dare try to cross me, I swear by the gods I will kill what you hold closest to your heart,” Logan said as his fists released, “your reputation.” With that the two men had formed an alliance straight from the pits of hell. The hero and the villain stood in one accord. The perfect antithesis of good and evil united. Thus the stage for the greatest war the world of Althanas ever knew had been set, and the two biggest players stood side by side.

“Welcome to Vice.”

--------------------------------------------------------------

It had only been a month, but it had felt like years. The very landscape of Logan’s life had changed dramatically. He had gone from nothing and a nobody to being part of something and a somebody. But even that was not the end of the line. It was only the beginning for him or at least it was another step in his journey that would last a lifetime.

And so he found himself atop the highest mountain peak in Alerar’s mountain range. He had snuck in easy enough, but keeping himself hidden was another story altogether. Luckily for him the Elves were busy tinkering with some new projects and were too distracted to deal with another low-life human like him. Yet, they had no clue what they had in their midsts. Logan wasn’t just another low-life human. He had truly become something more. He had become powerful.

His eyes began to absorb the beauty of the land around him. Never before had he taken the time to truly soak in what Althanas had to offer beyond the pettiness of battles and wars. His past would’ve held him hostage, never allowing him leave to observe such things, but now things were different. He was different.

Maxwell Dirks had provided Logan with an opportunity, and the psion had no choice but to take it. He’d been placed in an organization where his intelligence, cunning, and his understanding of strategy could be truly put to the test. Finally, someone had seen inside the mind of the man and offered him a chance to grow as he never could on his own, to do that which by himself he could never accomplish.

Now he had men. Now he had power.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

“They say power changes a man, but I believe power only enables the man,” the psion said to the two members of Vice who’d offered their support in this most important business venture. “I want you two to know that every time you offer your services, you will be rewarded one way or another,” he understood the inner workings of the mind, and how it fed and lusted upon greed and power, “Your call to duty will not be forgotten or overlooked. Within Vice, we are all brothers. We are all one. We have much work to do, but I assure you when the work is done, your time shall come!” His last words he nearly spat out upon the stone path beneath the men.

They had come to the Bazaar to answer a request they’d received from one of the underground’s most well-known merchants. He wanted to meet with Logan, and wanted to discuss a business proposition. And who was Logan to turn down such a request?

After all…Vice was now THE organized crime syndicate. They didn’t control much, and their power from the outside looking in seemed minor and insignificant, but that was the one thing that Vice wasn’t.

Insignificant.

Taskmienster
11-05-08, 08:52 PM
This thread has been inactive for over a month and will be temporarily closed. If you wish to continue the thread feel free to PM me at any time and I will reopen it. If it was left inactive due to the loss of the moderator then you can PM me about that as well and when I reopen it I will make sure that it is claimed and completed promptly.

Thank you,
The Mod Staff.