PDA

View Full Version : Fabric magic

Tsukiko
03-28-08, 06:22 PM
I had come to the tailors for some fabric. It wasn’t just to try my own hands at sewing but to have a magic garment made for me. I needed the fabric as part of the recipe and so that day I decided to go shopping.

The store had many pretty dresses and I was sure that whoever sold me the fabric would be able to help. I had two choices I could make but I wanted the good stuff. I smiled and wagged my tail as I browsed the clothing. Mostly Corone and Salvar style clothes but they were really pretty. I bet mom wouldn’t like me wearing them around the house. A few of the dresses were rather low cut.

But I wasn’t there for the dresses and just needed fabric. “Hello, can anyone help me?” I asked hoping someone would hear me. Why was it that the merchants seemed to not be around to help me. Of corse if anyone robbed the place they’d be out in an instant with the guards coming in an instant later.

Skie and Avery
03-29-08, 03:20 PM
It wasn't that Mrs. Sneed wasn't there. The little old lady had been rifling through a rack of dresses when several had slipped off their hangars and fallen right over her. As she struggled to find her way out of the cotton and silk cage, she heard Tsukiko's voice.

"Oh! I'm here, dearie!" she called, her eyes squinting when she finally freed herself from the garments. Her bun was a little ruffled, but a smile was firmly plastered on her wrinkled face.

"How may I help you? Have you got a ball to go to? Need a dress for a wedding? Whatever your needs, I'm happy to help!"

Tsukiko
03-29-08, 03:34 PM
I was helped by a nice old lady. Hopefully she’d be nice and give me a good price on what I needed. She offered some dresses for occasions that I doubted to be in any time soon. I’m really not the kind of girl to go to a ball or wedding at the moment.

“Well not now. I really just need some fabric for a friend that wants to make me something.” I smiled, swishing my tail. “I need either four yards of Sifan or four yards of linen.” I asked praying that the woman would give me a good price. I had to wonder how the woman did business. I wasn’t the best haggler.

Skie and Avery
03-29-08, 03:41 PM
As Mrs. Sneed put back up the clothes, she nodded.

"Well, I've got both fabrics in stock, yes. My dear, I don't know what you're making but there is a rather large difference in quality of the two types of fabric you can use. The linen, I can give you at 50 crowns for four yards, but the Sifan, which is such a fine material, would be 350 crowns for the same four yards."

Tsukiko
03-29-08, 04:11 PM
350 was a lot of gold but I could afford it. But I would be in quite the money pinch too. “Well I can give you 300 hundred for the sifan. That’s a more than fair price for the both of us.” I smiled even though I felt a little bad to haggle with an old woman who was still working for a living. “I’ll also recommend you to my friends for their dresses and clothes. It’ll mean more business. I can tell by your workmanship that it would be worth their time to head here.”

I hoped she’d take my offer. It would mean I could still have a nice dinner from time to time without having to kill someone. I had to keep some money in my purse if I wanted to only take the jobs I thought was right. Mom told me that there would always be tough times ahead and having a little savings was what you needed to survive.

“Oh yeah.” I just remembered something. “What color would look best on me? It won’t be worth the effort for having my clothes made if they don’t look good on me.”

Skie and Avery
03-29-08, 04:41 PM
Mrs. Sneed smiled despite her next words.

"Well, I could certainly give you an undyed cream sifan for 300, but if you wanted colors, I'm afraid I'll have to charge extra. You're such a sweet child, and I think a deep turquoise would look so lovely with your cinnamon hair and red eyes, I'd give you that for 325."

Tsukiko
03-29-08, 06:12 PM
Well it was 325 for the dye but it did sound like a really good color. “Yeah the turquoise sifan sounds good. I’ll take it for 325.” I smiled and bowed. I wasn’t sure about prices though that woman needed to make money too and I could live with the gold left over. “Thanks. I think this will be perfect for what I need.”

Skie and Avery
03-31-08, 05:09 AM
Clapping her hands, the old woman dissappeared into the back, and after a few minutes of quick word returned with the turquoise sifan. She folded the cloth carefully, wrapping it and set it on the counter, patiently waiting at the till box for Tsukiko to pay.

"Is there anything else that I could get you, dear?"

Tsukiko
04-03-08, 07:59 PM
“Nope, that’s all I need. Thanks.” I smiled and bowed as I placed the money on the counter. “That should be enough. I hope things go well.” Now I finally had one ingredient down and still needed the others and then I’d see if the Synth shop would be worth it.

Skie and Avery
04-03-08, 09:01 PM
((Transaction Complete. Tsukiko loses 325 GP and gains 25 EXP))

Witchblade
04-04-08, 11:15 AM
Done