PDA

View Full Version : Sundry Items

A Nony Mouse
03-28-08, 09:47 PM
The bazaar was a place where a traveler could find anything. Weapons, armor, potions, amulets, rings, pets; virtually anything. Travis had been there many times before, but never with quite such a single-minded purpose. He opened the door of the first respectable shop he saw and approached the counter. The owner was already doing business with another customer and so the musician took the time to look around.

Various items dotted the shelves; none of which seemed to have any relation to each other. The room had unusually bright lighting, though he couldn't tell where it came from. Stands occupied the center of the room; wooden bins filled with all sorts of smaller items. Beads, shells, feathers, buttons; many shoppers were filling bags full of them.

When the shopkeeper was finished talking to the customer at the counter, Travis walked over. "Excuse me," he said. "I'm looking for a few things and was wondering if you carried them. Two swan feathers, a leather bracelet about four inches wide, two diamonds, and four pounds of raw damascus." He looked up from his list and locked eyes with the owner of the store. "Have any of that here?"

Skie and Avery
03-29-08, 03:46 PM
"Aye, we've it here." the man said. He was only half paying attention to the man in front of him. After all, there were few people who came in asking for damascus and diamonds; he had to assume it was merely a prank.

"Feathers, I'll give ye as much as a handful for only a crown each, the bracelet, for five. Now, the diamonds, depends on what quality ye need, and the damascus will run ye 125 crowns a pound."

A Nony Mouse
03-30-08, 01:04 AM
Travis thought about what Lasair had told him in the synthesis shop. He was positive she'd mentioned nothing of the diamonds' quality. "What are the lowest quality diamonds you have priced at?" he asked the shopkeeper. While the man thought, he reached into a pouch at his waist and withdrew his coin purse.

Reaching in, he found it very empty. Not as much as I thought, as he pulled out fifteen gold coins. He took out about half of the coins and set them on the counter before returning the little he had to its place at his waist. "Here's six gold for the two feathers and the bracelet," he told the man. "I'll have to come back for the rest later; but how much for the diamonds?"

Skie and Avery
03-31-08, 05:14 AM
"The cheapest diamonds my store carries would be about 200 gold each. But they are mere chips, and the quality is not as lustrous as a woman would be willing to accept on her finger."

The shopkeeper bundled the feathers and bracelet in a small bag, handing them over as he took the six gold pieces.

"However, I have heard stories of both exotic Dheathain and mountainous Kachuk in Alerar. Both of these places have been known to produce excellent diamonds. Perhaps going right to the source would be best? By all means, using the bazaar for your needs is obviously superior," he said with a sniff, "but diamonds are something that is a rare sale, and comes with a high price."

He sat back, spreading his hands in supplication.

"Now then, is there anything else I can get you?"

A Nony Mouse
03-31-08, 09:02 AM
As the man explained about the process of obtaining diamonds, Travis decided to follow his advice. Perhaps adventuring to Dheathain again wouldn't be so bad... he still needed a few more ingredients anyway.

"Thank you for your help," he said as he grabbed the bag. "It was a pleasure doing business." The man nodded as Travis turned to walk out the door. Before he got outside though, he smacked his head and spun around.

"Sir," he said as he approached the counter again, "how much would a small glass bottle of purified water run me?" He felt foolish for forgetting the other item on his list, but he had been in a rush.

feel free to bunny the purchase if it is less than 9 GP or Travis leaving if it is more. if you just wanna post a price and have me reply, go for that too; whatever works!

Skie and Avery
04-03-08, 09:07 PM
"A mere two gold, sir."

He procured the item, and handed it over to the man, taking two gold from him. As the man left, he wondered exactly what one such as him could possibly want with diamonds.

((Transaction Complete. A Nony Mouse loses 8 GP and gains 25 EXP))

Witchblade
04-04-08, 11:18 AM
Done