PDA

View Full Version : The Locked Memories: The Galgothan Gem

Poindexter
06-08-06, 10:28 PM
Closed to those recruited. Recruitment thread found here. (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=18252#post18252)

“Sir! I hold urgent news in my hand! In the name of Lord Gallows, open this door!” Joplin Yates, a sergeant of the Gallows Army, pounded on the door repeatedly. “I order you, open this door! It is of dire importance!” Still, no answer came. Finally, the irate soldier became impatient and kicked the door down. A quick survey of the spacious living area revealed that whoever Joplin was looking for was not there. The couches and lazy chair held no residents, but there was a lone cigar still smoking in its ashtray. The sergeant, not willing to return a failure, continued through the rest of the house. He strode through the narrow hallway to the bedroom, but found the neat and tidy room empty. Across the hallway from the empty bedroom were two closed doors. Joplin opened the first, discovering a closet stuffed with half-used rags and a chipped wooden sword, apparent from aging. Yates moved to the other closed door and busted it open, unprepared to meet what lay before him.

“OH MY GOD! Yates! Get your ass out of here!” General Green attempted to cover up what he had been doing by holding the magazine he had been reading in front of his genitals.

“Sorry sir! I just came to give you important information! I guess I’ll wait till you’re at least… a bit more decent.” Regretting his rather sudden entrance, the sergeant backed into the hallway, slamming the door shut as he did so. He cursed himself for his stupidity.

At least from now on, I’ll always remember to knock before entering… Yates thought to himself.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

While Yates and Green worked out their awkward situation, Jaren Prestim was standing in the middle of Concordia, uncertain of what to do next. He had suddenly realized that he existed, and he wasn’t sure to do next. As he thought, couples holding hands walked past him, both into and out of the forest. As they walked by, Jaren could see that each couple held hands, and they talked and laughed. According to the former prince, they knew what they wanted to do. All he had to keep him going was that one phrase, that stuck in his mind: “Hunt the Koals.” He had no idea what it meant, or what he had to do to hunt the Koals. He stopped short when he overheard a particular couple talking, nearby.

“Let’s go to the coal mine and get ourself some coal for tonight,” the boy said. The girl giggled, and nodded. She loved to hear her boyfriend’s nasty thoughts, and this was no different. Jaren, identifying the situation immediately, rushed over to the laughing couple.

“Excuse me! Did you just say that you’re going to get some coal? Can you take me there?”

Offended, the girl stared into Jaren’s eyes. “Were you eavesdropping on us?” she asked suspiciously. Taken aback, Jaren stumbled for words. Before he could say anything, the boy cut him off.

“Nah, Karol, it’s fine,” he said. “We’ll take him to the coal mine. After all, it’d be a great help to have an extra pair of hands.” He winked at her on the side, where Jaren couldn’t see.

Understanding his plan, the girl changed her attitude. “Oh fine, I suppose we can take you to get some coal,” she said, restraining the urge to giggle. “After all, we are nice people.

“Thank you very much,” Jaren said. He was ecstatic to have found a path to follow after all. With the help of the nice couple, he would be well on his way to finding his meaning in life by first appeasing his conscience. Afterwards, he would get himself a lady that appreciated him for who he was. The only problem was, he didn’t even know that part yet.

Letho
09-24-06, 10:33 AM
This thread has been closed due to inactivity and moved to the Archives. If you wish to reactivate this thread, please PM me or one of the administrators.