PDA

View Full Version : Fixxing a flaw

Yggdrasil
04-04-08, 05:00 AM
((i seriously hope to fix a big gapinc flaw in my character, the part where i can't talk to anyone or move around on it's own))

Aiesear could only groan as he once again had to took a wide step around a person in the crowd who didn’t have the decency to notice him, the situation simply stank, what the heck was he doing in the Bazaar anyway?

Oh yeah, shopping for this … umm whatever it was

Said thing was currently a bracelet on his wrist, a rich texture blue bracelet with a glowing almost aqua colour pulsing vein. It wasn’t the first time he had the urge to sell it, but then again it would also be incredibly rude.

Selling something sentient just didn’t sit right with him- oh damn another guy nearly just knocked him over

“Hey, I am walking here you long eared twerp!”

“Did you say something?”

“Nope”

Was the quick reply and like an arrow he had escaped from the rather large burly man, oh Aiesear wanted nothing to do with him, especially when it looked like a fight was about to break out. The youth brushed a hand through his hair and grimaced, the Bazaar seemed fairly busy today, and an ocean of a crowd as it were going up to different stands, weapons, items, materials, armours and cloth.

Absently he approached one of the market stalls while scuffing the bottom of his boots against the dusty floor and took note of one of the items, a simple strip a white silk with delicate runes seemingly printed on, or drawn on, each one different as they were unique.

“Hey isn’t that-”

“ No, they appear to be simple decorative items rather than enchantments, not what I am looking for ”

Aiesear should have been worried about hearing a voice in his head, his mother had told him that if he started hearing voiced like his father then she was going to disown him. However this voice came from the Bracelet or before that a glowing sphere, a symbiotic weapon it had introduced itself as a symbiotic weapon was a completely different ball bag.

Aiesear stepped away from the stalls ignoring the hearty calls for him to buy things and wondered exactly a sphere would want in a bazaar … an enchantment of some kind

“ Ezekiel must be up ahead ”

“Are you sure he is even here?”

“ Yes, our source of information is accurate is it not? ”

“Debatable” he grumbled to himself while moving on. Hmm yeah sure it was ok going o go see a guy about enchanting a weapon, the problem was that Aiesear was very doubtful that a mere 200 gold coins was going to get the Symbiotic weapon. What it wanted, and the less said about why a glowing sphere had such money was best left unsaid.

“So this Ezekiel guy, you sound like you know him”

“ I do, he is a previous Hjor, and as you put it the most likely person to perform what I want, that and considering that this currency had little meaning to him ”

Ok that was new, Aiesear was under the impression that he was the first to have found some ancient weapon, it was thoroughly disappointing

‘So why are you after those enchantments, wouldn’t it be more awesome if you could through a fireball instead?’

“For a long time now I have been dependant on a Hjor, if we are successful today then I would be able move independently and be able to have some Choice in future Hjor”

Aiesear Scoffed “I still think you’re pushing it, you have sense for the value of a gold coin”

Yggdrasil Scoffed in return “ I think you have little faith in an old acquaintance, the advertisement said he would be here, and doing this here would save us a journey to his home, which is quite a distance ”

‘Yeah, yeah … so where is this guy?’

“ Directly in front of you ”

Aiesear blinked once, then twice as his walk quite suddenly halted and his eyes locked on to the man in front of him, and he could only stand there and blink a few more times unsure of what to say, unsure of what to think.

He was an old hermit at best, a homeless man at worst, he was currently sat on the floor with a mat set out in front of him with his own back against the wall, he looked dejected as he brushed a single hand through his grey beard

“Is this?”

“ Ezekiel Braniron, yes, yes it is. He has aged some but he is quite powerful in Rune Forging, if he can not give me what I seek then I would be sorely disappointed ”

“Wow he must really have let himself loose”

“ He is exactly the same as when I last saw him ”

‘Aww man, this is got to be some kind of joke, this isn’t a bazaar store owner, and this has got to be some kind of joke!’

With a valiant sigh Aiesear stepped forward before squatting down to the old mans height and bit his lip in awkwardness before asking

“Umm, hey, I was told that you were a Rune forger or something by an old acquaintance of yours”

He said before holding out his arm with the bracelet on it, if he was going to recall anything about the artefact then direct vision would be best, after all in Yggdrasil’s case it had only been 10 years since it had last seen the old Rune forger

AdventWings
04-07-08, 10:43 PM
Many years.

It had been many years since anyone had spoken those words to him. Or for how long, the old man had forgotten. In this part of the world, the old man was no more than a wandering man claiming to be an enchanter. Not many believed.

"...And you are...?" The ancient Rune Forger raised an eye to look at Aeisear, as if trying to pierce into his mind and extract whatever necessary information which lied within.

Averting his stony gaze from the warrior's visage, the ragged enchanter glanced down at the strange bracelet and held them still. A slight twinkle flashed within his eyes as recognition flowed into his mind.

"...It's been a while, Yggdrasil." The old man chuckled, easing against the rough, dry wall. "What bring you here, today?"

Yggdrasil
04-08-08, 04:04 PM
Aiesear blinked once in confusion followed by a sigh of relief that the old man was indeed who he was supposed to be, he also added under his breath

“So your names yigdrseal?” which Yggdrasil outright ignored not even bothering to correct the boy

But this part would be tricky, and it was the reason it was here in the first place, gaining some independence for a change would be a god send

“ It is good to see him once again ”

It admitted and the bracelets ever constant glowing frame seemed to take a shade brighter than normal.

“Err, oh ya umm Yggdrasil thinks you can help umm it in gaining some independence or something … man the is awkward”

Yggdrasil agreed as it studied the boys speech, mostly for no other reason than it could, but it was taking special note of how awkward the boy seemed to be in, oh endless fun with this Hjor.

“Just repeat after me, then you won’t feel as much as a fool”

Oh yeah Aiesear could feel the love this weapon was supposed to give, he could feel the love along side its usual cynical mood, or simple aloofness, but whatever, the weapon was about to speak.

“Free flight? Huh, oh, it already floats a few feet off the ground due to … some sort of force, err anyway what it wants, is that when it’s in its unlinked mode it can move around freely …”

Aiesear blinked once, having repeated the Weapon, somewhat word for word, but Aiesear had only understood half of what had been said and left some words he could never hope to pronounce, and were going to muddle it until it had been summed down.

“And some way to make its astral form visible too anyone, wow for an ancient weapon you sure do suck when it comes to interaction” The boy nearly received a whack to the back of his head for that, almost, since Yggdrasil could bring no harm to its Hjor

“So, ah d’ya think you could help it, I have some gold here to pay for this”

AdventWings
04-15-08, 04:06 AM
Ezekiel listened with half-opened eyes, nodding to the young man's request every several seconds.

Self-Levitation and Astral Projection. Yggdrasil, you never quite like being attached to others...

The Rune Forger combed through his tangled beard, deep in thought, before holding up three fingers.

"Three hundred gold pieces." The ancient man announced without even looking at the warrior. "For both. Or none, for none."

Three hundred was a small price for such a powerful enchantment. For Ezekiel, the price would be more than enough for him.

Yggdrasil
04-15-08, 06:37 AM
“ That’s a statistical problem ”

The item murmured to itself but Aiesear being ever present in the thoughts of the item heard it loud and clear, and if not for the way the item has said it with such seriousness, he may have laughed.

“Ah … That’s a fair price mister, umm Ezekiel, but I think were a little short”

The boy said once again digging into his pocket and took out the pouch that contained the gold, maybe he had counted it wrong or something, but either way as he plucked his finger amongst the gold coins there was an annoying realisation.

Even if he had counted it wrong first time around, that didn’t stop the fact that there budget, was under the asking limit, by an annoyingly small amount.

“ Add you gold to it, which is a sufficient way to meet his asking price ”

Aiesear gave the bracelet a blank stare; as if he was going to use his own gold to help buy an inanimate object some enchantments that would not be of any benefit to him, that and that was his living money, unlike the item he DID need to eat and sleep under a warm roof once in a while.

“Forget it” he murmured under his breath before getting scared that he might have said that a little too loud “Oh no, I don’t mean, I was, kinda talking to this” he said indicating to the bracelet once more before casting an eye to the bracelet.

‘I am not putting my money too, I need it to live’

“ Then I would suggest another method, Perhaps a method you would call haggling ”

Oh yeah, like that was going to happen, from Aiesear’s point of view, the old Rune Forger looked like he was set in his decision, from Yggdrasil’s point of view, the old man was just being stubborn, a constant trait he always had, loving to test it’s patience.

“ … I don’t suppose you would be willing to lower that price?”

“I will offer him all I have, that should be sufficient for Ezekiel, after all, I am offering to him everything is possess”

Aiesear scoffed, the damn item was so loose with money it was a shocking difference, but the more he thought about it the more it made sense, the item DIDN’T have any need for gold, other than now, wanting the purchase the talents of the old rune forger.

“if you insist … umm mister Rune thingermagiger, Yggdrasil will give you everything it has to give you, I think it really wants those abilities”

AdventWings
04-19-08, 04:33 AM
Ezekiel raised a questioning eyebrow upon hearing the reply, lowering his fingers as if in disappointment.

But he was not sorely disappointed. The Rune Forger just thought the kid would have a heavier pocket to be asking for such expensive enchantments. Then again, it was the symbiotic weapon that needed them, not the wielder.

"...Very well." The old man let out a sigh. "Show me what you have."

((A gemmed ring, a pair of boots, anything you can reasonably offer to the old man would be fine. He's patient enough. :p))

Yggdrasil
04-19-08, 06:07 PM
(( A pair of boots? Oh yah I can really picture that happening XP ))

“Umm what I have?”

The boy asked innocently enough but for Yggdrasil it could literally see the mental carriage of thoughts lose a wheel and fall into a ditch, another example would be a train wreck but we can’t actually reference anything that does not technically exist in this world.

The item itself however was quicker on the uptake than the boy and had already figured out what the man wanted, which to be honest it found this business of haggling to be a rather tedious sport, far to frustrating, and making little headway for simple services.

“I believe he is also willing to trade anything materialistic ”

The boy blinked once, confusion written on his face, oh how Ezekiel most be eternally enjoying the rather comical display the boy’s face was being, truly having an internal voice must be a rather distracting business.

“ Perhaps you could give the man the your rather poor excuse for a sword ”

The boys hand almost instantly went to the sword hilt that belonged to the sword strapped to his back, while not the most glamorous or the most durable (or even the safest), it was his and there was no way he was going to let Yggdrasil, or whatever the hell it was called talk it into selling his pride and joy.

“Oh now why would I want to go and do a thing like that”

“ Because: it is the only item of real worth you have in your possession, unless of cause you would like to part way with your boots ”

Needless to say the boys face on that subject was a comical one

“ And you easily forget that you currently wield me my Hjor, It should not hurt for you to part ways with your sword ”

Aiesear blinked once again in the confusion, this time however it was reluctant admittance that Yggdrasil did have a very good point, but did he want to part with HIS sword, sure it was a little old, sure it was about to fall apart, and sure that it may add some bargaining material for the old man …

Ok that had to have been Yggdrasil tugging at his mental thought

Oh fine then!

With reluctance the boy unclasped the leather belts that held the sheath in place and gently set his sword down for the run forger to examine or to acknowledge, whatever he decided to do. Either way Aiesear was pretty sure that he was making a mistake, that and he couldn’t shake the feeling off that Yggdrasil was manipulating him, and not on a vocal level either, something deeper?

“…please tell me you agree? I think this thing is ready to make me sell the shirt off my back too in a moment” the boy pleaded in one of those ‘I’m pathetic, LOVE ME!’ kind of tones, Yggdrasil however score a nice resistance to such an attack

AdventWings
04-21-08, 07:23 AM
((Haha, fair enough. I was hoping it would be a pair of boots, though. Oh, well. Works all the same. XP))

The old man observed his young customer through calm, relaxing eyes and smiled victoriously at the young man's reactions to the symbiotic weapon. He could tell what they were discussing about, despite not hearing a single word slipping out between them. Ages of observation could do that to a man.

When he was presented with the sword, Ezekiel made no effort to disguise his content. Holding his hands out for the monetary payment, it was a sign that the Rune Forger was ready to perform the ritual on the spot.

"That would do. I'll lower my fares to two hundred. Once it's paid, I will begin the enchanting on Yggdrasil... as promised."

((You can go ahead and have Ezekiel perform the Enchantment on Yggdrasil in your next post.))

Yggdrasil
04-21-08, 07:55 AM
((kay))

“ Excellent ”

‘Your god damn evil you know’

“ Do tell, such a curious observation ”

Aiesear chose NOT to answer the weapon, he could tell that it was happy, heck he could feel it’s glee from his side of what should be a one way link, and at least he had been told it was one way. Who knew, the god damn thing was happy, and quite frankly, it was making his teeth itch

How the heck that could happen?

With a heartfelt sigh he handed both the pouch of gold over along with his already presented sword, oh he was not going to forgive Yggdrasil for that, it had better make it up to him, it better or he was gonna pawn it off like that dark elf had.

“ Hold out your hand, I will handle the rest ”

So the boy did as told and held out his arm the held the annoying ‘bracelet’ however the ‘bracelet’ didn’t stay like that, it’s shape rippled once, twice, started to glow and expand and contract all like once. Like water coming alive, the difference was that it seemed to know what form to take next and chose to take its original form.

The blue sphere now floating above the Boys palm seemed an innocent enough of a trinket, heck it would make a good item to be put up on display. Almost crystal like water in a perfect sphere, it defiantly looked expensive, and its general glow did make it look somewhat enchanted.

Honestly it was a form that both the Boy and the old man didn’t look twice at having seen it before, although the old man did look as thought he had a moment of remembrance, or recognition. However then it started to get strange, it started to become translucent, not that it was before, but it had such a deep colour that only a bright light could be able to pass through it, now it was becoming an almost clear ball of glass.

With runes floating gently around it, glowing writing words that no one but the old man would possibly be able to comprehend.

Aiesear looked on with awe and worry, worry for that someone was behind him possibly overlooking his shoulder, honestly it wasn’t the thing he would want to hold right now, and he simply felt like one big painted target.

“Just as complicated as ever”

The boy heard the old man mutter and when his eyes turned back to him he was already doing whatever it was that a rune etcher did. And to what the boy saw the man was quite literally adding in his own runes, shapes or letters he could not understand, the runes that had been there kept on fading from view to reveal other patterns and other shapes and the old mans now sparkling hands seemed to just add more to the complex written runes.

Aiesear was getting a headache at just looking at those things while the old man just continued like he was writing a letter then abruptly, stopped

And once again he was wearing a bracelet

“That’s it?” the boy asked and the man nodded

“ that is all it required, I will need precisely one hour to adjust ”

“how anti-climatic” he added but shook his head, he was now one sword down and that wasn’t standing well with him at all now, but what was done is done, and he wasn’t going to kill the man just for his sword back.

Even if he felt the mental equivalent of a shrug from Yggdrasil over that subject and the colossal amounts of temptation which he resisted, which was lucky because Yggdrasil had neglected to tell the boy that the old man, could quite liberally kick his ass all over town

Or in its own words

Threat level is off the charts

“Is that all? Or could I interest you in purchasing in this good luck charm, only 20 gold”

Aiesear looked at the cheap looking charm which had a similar looking letter to those runes he saw spinning? Around the items sphere form, his brain literally pulsed with the bad memory and he grimaced and gently shook his head

“Nah, that’s all the runes I would like to see for one day”

Strangely enough Ezekiel started laughing, so the boy chose that moment to steal him away

((want me to post a basic run down of what those enchantments

AdventWings
04-21-08, 08:14 AM
((Transaction Complete!

Yggdrasil loses the following:

- His old, rusty iron sword
- 200 GP

And receives the following:

- Rune Upgrades:

-- Avatar - Allows Yggdrasil to manifest itself as an image of its choosing. Cannot directly interact with any physical objects. He can also speak, albiet with some difficulty.
-- Levitation - Allows Yggdrasil to hover about 1 meter off the ground and travel at a maximum speed of 1 meter per second.

- 75 EXP for good role-playing efforts.

Please visit again for your next purchase~))