PDA

View Full Version : The Fire And Everything In It.

Run
06-09-06, 01:02 AM
((Reincarnating from Stacatto, giving me 5,000 exp; just enough for level 2. I ask that Ramirez's profile be closed or deleted, I'll re-register him when I can.)

General Information

Name - July Nusquam
Age - 19
Race - Human (Fire Blessed)
Hair Color - Black
Eye Color - Cyan
Height - 5' 7"
Weight - 155 lbs.

Personality:

The line of good and evil often blur for July, simply for the fact that he does the things that he does for himself and none other. In terms of the fire, the pyromancer is idealistic, and craves more power like any before him. Hot blooded and hot headed, his temper often flares and has a tendency to get him into trouble.

Appearance:

July has a wiry build with little to no muscle tone, the body of a man who's not going to be winning any arm wrestling matches anytime soon. Long, shaggy black hair that falls to his shoulders frame a pair of peircing cyan eyes. His denim jeans are becoming threadbare, wearing through here and there, hel;d around his waist by a black studded leather belt. His shirt is also worse for the wear, ragged and torn a bit at the hem and sleeves, a faded tan color, worn over a longsleeved white shirt, the holes torn through the sides of said sleeves perfect to poke his thumbs through.

History:

Bastard children are particularly common in this world, what, with all the young adventurers mucking about, sewing their oats. Often more than not, thbese children are born different, to a family a world apart. A family that doesn't welcome them readily.

Such was the birth of July Nusquam. While he had the temper to match his father's, Darin Nusquam, a stern colonel in the Corone Armed Forces, his arms never could bring themselves to fully lift a longsword. Despite any reassurances from his mother, the boy knew that his father wasn't the barrelchested, scar faced soldier. All he had to do was look in the mirror...and feel the heat building inside. It wasn't long before the pokes and barbs of the other children drew out that heated fire. A wilder, as most untrained mages were none, July watched that day as his school burnt to the ground.

Darin, of course, forbade his son to use the fire, and instead held out hopes that the skinny boy would take on some muscle later in his life and enroll in the army. July found himself smothered with recruitment posters and some of the finest swords from the smithy until one day, unable to stand the pressure anymore; slipped from his home on a dark moonless night to find a place that would accept him -- or, if need be, force acceptance.

Skills:

Lavamancy - The rare but powerful ability to summon and manipulate the molten rock found around and within Althanas' core. Currently, July is capable of summoning a full two gallons of lava, and can manipulate it as he wishes. If his concentration is broken at any point; i.e. struck in the head with a powerful blow, attention is drawn away, the lava will begin to cool and harden. If it has acheived a full solid state, July is incapable of using it again, and must wait a full five minutes to summon an additional amount (Five posts). However, if it is still over half liquid form, July can melt the stone again.

Pyromancy - The common ability to manipulate pre-existing flame. Despite it's deep roots in magic, July is still hindered by his natural surroundings. His strict rein on the flame decreases as the temperature does, so in the snowy cold of Salvar, any flames he gets a hold of will be nigh unruly. July can increase a usual flame's size to three times it's usual mass, but can only do so with smaller portions. The same goes for large fires; i.e. July couldn't grab hold of flames roaring through a building, only three cubic meters at once, and then may increase it's mass, if wanted.

Salamander - July sports a resistance to flames and heat to some extent (i.e.50%). Low level fire spells (i.e. Level 0's) will have little to no effect on him. Still, hiogher level spells, some that are beyond his grasp, will have a lesser effect on his person (i.e. fractional past level 2, 3=40%, 4=30%, etc.) However, as July loses blood, the ability lessons, to the point that it could be nullified.

Firestarter - By exciting the the oxygen particles in the air around any immediate extremity (i.e. often the hands), any sort of sudden friction, such as a snap of the fingers, rubbing of the hands, will ignite medium sized flames around the area. Can be used three times in any thread.

Equipment:

Aside from the clothes on his back, July owns a thick gray linen and canvas coat that he often wears when going through colder climates, and a tarnished and dented steel lighter.

Cyrus the virus
06-09-06, 01:05 AM
Approved.