PDA

View Full Version : Clan War

Godhand
04-05-08, 08:35 PM
This is for NWO and Imperial members only.

I'm talking to Christoph, and I want this thing judged quick. Can we agree on no judge's comments or little judge's comments for the sake of speed?

Raelyse
04-05-08, 09:05 PM
Yessire bob.

Logan
04-05-08, 09:40 PM
Actually, comments in the form of a quick summary(not even explanations of the individual scores necessarilly) for each player might be nice. Just like "you did good here, could've done this better, should've not done this, etc.". That way we all benefit from this thing.

Tera
04-05-08, 11:32 PM
yeah, lets just hit it, get it done and out of way, out of mind.

Logan
04-06-08, 12:09 AM
Because some people still would like to see something more than "nWo wins"...thank you very much. Like I said...scores in my mind aren't even necessary, but some would like to improve themselves and a quick short summary for each player would be nice.

Ataraxis
04-06-08, 12:22 AM
Concession: I'm guessing if someone gets 7 or above in a category, he/she'll be okay with no comments for said category? Heck, maybe even 6?

Zook Murnig
04-06-08, 08:02 AM
I can't speak for Christoph, but I'll be judging Group 2, and I can assure you that if someone is doing poorly in an area, I will offer advice for improvement. For the most part, though, I agree. As little commentary as possible. It's just too much for a mod to write out a paragraph for each of, what, fourteen combatants?

Raelyse
04-06-08, 08:06 AM
I suggest something different.

If you want commentary, contact the judging moderator privately and ask them for a paragraph. If not, then leave them alone to do the best job ever.

Logan
04-06-08, 08:50 AM
I'm not saying a paragraph. I'm not even saying multiple sentences. I'm just saying basically what Zook said he's going to do in his judgements. Make the necessary comments for improvement -- because even though there were some EXCELLENT writers in group one...I noticed things that could've been improved upon. Heck, even 1 line per char is only 14 lines of comment. Less than a normal judgement I'd say (still more work cuz you individually score each participant...altho...you could just go "pg blah won" or whatever...)

Raelyse
04-06-08, 09:05 AM
If you read Godhand's first post in this thread, I think we'd much rather have speed of judging. We want to get the result ASAP. That was really what Godhand was asking. If you want comments, then PM Christoph or Zook or whoever. Because the rest of us really just want this thing judged ASAP.

Slayer of the Rot
04-06-08, 06:26 PM
I'll pass on comments

Cyrus the virus
04-06-08, 06:44 PM
People who want comments can speak for themselves. Otherwise, we can assume people are fine with just numbers.

Bloodrose
04-06-08, 06:47 PM
Advance this judging directly to Ludicrous speed!

Ataraxis
04-06-08, 08:47 PM
In fact, I'm okay with just a general score on 100 if you don't want to use the full rubric.

Godhand
04-06-08, 09:05 PM
Seconded.

Melancor
04-06-08, 09:55 PM
Anything small would suffice as a comment. I dont want to see just numbers though.

Tera
04-06-08, 10:44 PM
*slaps mel* better youre writing on other threads...

Melancor
04-07-08, 01:52 AM
*rubs cheek* Owie. ;_;

Fine, seeing how much people want a quick review, I guess I am fine with whatever.

Rayse Valentino
04-10-08, 06:03 PM
Also note that elven wine is magical and therefore doesn't turn to vinegar.

Before anyone accuses me of forgetting about what happens to 200-year old alcohol.

Rayse Valentino
04-20-08, 12:09 AM
Zzz...

Christoph
04-21-08, 12:40 AM
Zook and I are working on the two threads. They are just taking a while given how long they both are.