PDA

View Full Version : Selfpreservation ((Solo))

Descient
06-09-06, 04:41 PM
The sun had risen to light up the morning sky while the few clouds floated peacefully across the horizon. Two cold eyes peered down the long winding road as a figure in the distance slowly got closer and closer towards their position. The humid air began to heat up from the sun’s rays as the traveller walked confidently across along the hilly path. Choosing not to sit on any of the hot surfaced rocks he pushed on having set off in the early hours of the day he seemed avid to clear as much distance as possible in one day. The pair of eyes still watched from a distance, almost glowing a blood red as they stared down the pathway at the oncoming traveller. Thos red eyes were only from one creature, Descient, sitting in the thick of a tree amongst the branches and leaves, he rested quietly letting his legs hang carelessly over the side of the large branch he was sat upon.

Realising the man was heading straight up the path towards him he remained lay comfortably across the branch. His eyes still feeling heavy after getting little sleep over the night. This was the first time Desicent had travelled this far through the forest and now he was sitting on the edge of it. Staring out upon the various small hills leading up to the forest, it turned out to be less interesting that he thought it would be. Although his luck would improve as he turned up by the paths entrance to the forest and felt his fortune may increase further with the traveller unaware of his presence up in the tree. The man was only young but looked rather meaty with muscle and carried a large rucksack on his back. His long black hair flicked up from the slight breeze as he passed over the final high point of the hill ready to drop slightly so he could enter the forest. The trees were very thick and deep making anything like Descient invisible to any passers by. Even with his red and black coloured skin the amount of branches and leaves made him hard to spot if you weren’t particularly looked for anything. The young traveller looked just like a typical unprepared child and although walked confidently, clearly hadn’t sorted himself out as he didn’t pause entered to the wood. A few pots and pans hung from his rucksack and wearing no amour a short sword hung gleaming from his left hip.

This will be interesting…

Turning to watch him enter the wood Descient peered down and out of interested gave him a call.

“Excuse me,” He shouted sounding rather polite. “But I do wonder why I boy like you, is carelessly passing through a dangerous wood as you are doing.”

The young man jolted back suddenly and clumsily fell backwards in panic, his impression of a Darkling wasn’t a good one and he was fully aware of what they could do. Descient dropped down off the tree and landed gracefully with a thump on the hard ground at the forest opening. The man hastily shook off his back pack and failed twice to get his sword out before he managed to get it in front of him. He seemed like he was already tired as he panted and began to sweat as he stared as the large teeth coming from the Darklings mouth.

“Don’t be silly boy,” He said very arrogantly. “If I wanted to kill you, you’d be dead already. The way you fumble about with your weaponry it could be years before you’ll be able to fight anyone, especially me.”

Knowing full well his egotistical view of himself would discourage the young man, he stood his ground and gradually approached him raising his upper lip revealing a untrustworthy grin.

Letho
09-24-06, 10:53 AM
This thread has been closed due to inactivity and moved to the Archives. If you wish to reactivate this thread, please PM me or one of the administrators.