PDA

View Full Version : How many characters do you use?

Arawn
06-10-06, 09:10 AM
Some of us on the site have a single account we choose to RP with. Others are unsatisfied with only one storyline and carry several characters through diverse threads at once, each with their individual approved profile and intercharacter relationships.

How many actively RPing accounts do you have?

grim137
06-10-06, 09:33 AM
I currently have to actively RPing accounts though I use one a lot more than the other.

Reiko
06-10-06, 09:38 AM
I have one account, tried to have others but that pretty much failed. though this account is a mother daughter dual so I guess 2 characters^^

Valentine
06-10-06, 09:59 AM
3 - Raelyse, Erutan and Kade

Osato
06-10-06, 10:06 AM
4 - Ranger, Lugh, Osato, The Blademaster

Though I used to have many more... Scribe, Grace, Seth, (kyle), Modrue, Anarchy, ect...

Letho
06-10-06, 10:24 AM
5 for me. Letho, Rheawien, Jared, Malagen and The Cinderella Man. All relatively active as well.

Amy
06-10-06, 11:31 AM
2 Amy and Leon basically, Thsat's about it. I've has a few fail as well. Boith are active ish I guess.

Liliana Ambria
06-10-06, 11:39 AM
Dissinger, Liliana Ambria, Taviri Ambria, Lavinian Pride, Lone Sniper (not started yet but that will change soon)

Active with most of them nowadays. Amazing how mod work seems to restrict activity ;)

Yari Rafanas
06-10-06, 12:55 PM
2 accounts, but one active.

Solomon
06-10-06, 01:14 PM
Just one at the moment. Been pondering a couple more for quite a while now though.

Empyrean
06-10-06, 01:45 PM
Two, Empyrean and Hana, but the latter's profile is not yet finished. Once it is, I'll be active with that one too.

Culix
06-10-06, 02:36 PM
Wow... Seeing so many people juggling such numbers of active, quality characters really impresses me. I have enough trouble just working with one right now. Maybe I'll join the multi-character club someday, though.

INDK
06-10-06, 04:55 PM
At the moment I use really just two characters, Kedx and Damon. Other characters of mine, such as Molotov and Raspien, reached higher levels but haven't been brought over to the new Althanas yet. They probably will be eventually.

Among failed characters, I've had Pop Cult Reference, Gillium, Dark Treader and then Marin Faith, who went from being a PC to an NPC.

Eldritch
06-10-06, 05:38 PM
As some know, I have had over 160 [I did a check a while ago that came up to 164, for all Althanas versions] characters. But, surprisingly, I have never used more then 2 characters at a time. I simply can't handle anything more then that.

The Valkyrie
06-10-06, 05:43 PM
I have four characters, but only three that I'm currently active with (once I clear out some of my current threads I plan to start with her too). My current characters are Brynhilde Darkthorne (The Valkyrie), Natalya Tichenyanchova (Slavegirl) and Skyler Manfield. The inactive one is Eisa (Oracle of Jomil).

Ozmodious
06-10-06, 06:17 PM
So far I have only had 3 characters on Althanas during my time on the site. As for now, Madij gets the spotlight until level 3 once I introduce the next character in the "Yet-To-Be-Named-Goblin-Oriented-Main-Storyline".

Falcon Darkflight
06-11-06, 06:56 AM
I have four, and two NPC's.

PC: Canen, who has been my mainstream for about 7 years, and has gone through several stages of development during his time.

PC: Chris Locke, a newier I developed very recently, although i've not had much time to work on him due to work commitments and the like.

PC: Xion, part of the Temporal Rift idea created by myself and Fallen Angel. Xion and Hemlock were seen as 'alternative reality' figures that had a pet cactus called Hosai. That was one of our more fun projects, but has seen no mention now for 3 years.

PC: Sekonda Atremeas. I erased the idea of him completely. He was originally supposed to be the third survivor of Nocturnis, but the idea sucked and I eventually turned him into a human NPC that gets brutallised by the Haicheyanne in Searching for a Purpose.

NPC: Gideon Xerxes. This is a dangerous one, because he is central to Canen's story and should really be Fallen Angel's PC. I know how he feels about people using his PC as an NPC, but I am trusted not to deviate from Gideon's own story and to take good care of him ;) which is nice of him.

NPC: Icarus Pentagathon. He WAS a survivor of the Nocturnian Genocide, but is fighting on Asmodeus's side and has unfinished business with Canen, so to speak. I might include him later on.

Yamihara
06-11-06, 10:04 AM
I have... *goes to check on Memory Database and the muses*

2 currently on Althanas. Two more thinking about entering ( One is that Spirit Warder and another's an upstart Inventor). But I'll just stick to these Asukas for the time being. ^_^

Cyrus the virus
06-11-06, 12:55 PM
2, Izvilvin and Luc. I'm active with both, which rules :)

Ashiakin
06-11-06, 03:10 PM
Two. Ashiakin and Wyn.

Daemon
06-11-06, 07:27 PM
4 - saiyan darkarcher the spellsword and daemon muahahah although i crap at grammar.

Dehkan
06-12-06, 11:52 AM
Just this one. I also used to be Johan Torilus, the blind swordsman if anyone remembers him. Dehkan suited me better.

Iriah Caitrak
06-12-06, 12:18 PM
I've got my Ira and Witchblade accounts, however I do have a third one from before I left Althanas last time, yet I am unsure if I want to bring her back.

Ithermoss
06-12-06, 02:40 PM
In the past, I had many accounts, only one or two of which I really used.

Ithermoss
The Name is Mudd

The inactive/joke ones were...

The Negromancer
Carnie-Vore
Behold My Glory An awesome noid character. (http://72.14.209.104/search?q=cache:XiAGXWE2DT0J:www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php%3Fp%3D88334+%22behold+my+glory%22+a lthanas&hl=en&gl=us&ct=clnk&cd=12)

hamnat
06-12-06, 11:20 PM
just one, im a true blue into-character player. Im always the same person with the same story.

Arawn
06-12-06, 11:43 PM
just one, im a true blue into-character player. Im always the same person with the same story.

Ditto

Storm Veritas
06-13-06, 04:22 AM
One.

I've often considered creating someone a little more realistically nice than the Storm character, but at the same time, I often just morph him into a lighter shade of grey. It's not the best for the long term character, but let's be realistic- I'm the only one closely reading his whole story.

And I'm really lazy with character profiles and updates, as evidenced by my shitty profile.

Vampiric Angel
06-15-06, 05:48 PM
I just have one, obviously. And that's probably all im gonna have. I can't seem to operate with two seeing as how I need to think of my char. at all times. Though I do have a couple NPC's, I don't write more than their movents, dialogue and essential feelings to the story.

Shadar
06-15-06, 07:35 PM
Two, Shadar and Sacred Delirium.

Someday (between two and four weeks from now, maybe) I'll bring back Twisted Infinitum. Dream demons and squishy wooden puppets! Yay!

Retired are the characters of Sabre Argyle (too normal and rational for me to play properly) and Rowan Spiridon "The Poet" (a gimmick from the start, but he was a fun gimmick).

Kaiser
06-20-06, 04:24 PM
on althanas: only the one at the moment

but i have actually made quite the number of characters in the past, even my old one greatly influences my new one

Tarn Isazu
07-06-06, 01:09 PM
i only have one. can't figure it out?
you'll get it soon enough. haha
yeah this is my first time rping and i think its pretty awsome.
i don't really think im going to create another character but whatever.
:)

Yamihara
07-06-06, 01:43 PM
You'll soon find that there's more than one "You" inside your head, mon ami.

That's what Master Raven told us. ^_^

Zerith
07-06-06, 02:38 PM
I only have one. I think having multiple characters would make me feel overwhelmed.

Although I do sometimes consider making Z's NPC friend, Zevernus. At least to see how much fun I could have playing as him.

Dissinger
07-06-06, 03:04 PM
What is it with you and z names? ;)

Still the proud owner of over 5 active characters...

Tarn Isazu
07-06-06, 04:04 PM
You'll soon find that there's more than one "You" inside your head, mon ami.

That's what Master Raven told us. ^_^

yeah there already is but i think only one should be heard at a time:D

Elrundir
07-06-06, 06:08 PM
I've got two, myself... at least at the moment. Elrundir and Christina. I must have had three or four others once upon a time, but I doubt if they'll be making any comebacks.

LadyAeldra
11-16-08, 11:04 AM
Only one. I didn't know more than that was allowed. Hmm... I might make a second character, but I'll get used to RPing with this one first.

Death The Kid
11-19-08, 02:04 PM
I currently have 4 but im going to kill one off.

Raimeiken
11-20-08, 09:13 AM
well~ I have two right now but one is almost exclusively for solo roleplaying. I think I might need to get her a traveling partner for more character interactions. ^^;

Menagerie of Voices
11-23-08, 02:12 AM
I have two active accounts here, but the problem is my NPCs - they have a tendency to pop up out of nowhere and harass my characters. The last site I was on...let me think I had about ten or so NPCs that rattled around and caused trouble - and at least three of them were AI robots D:

Starting to feel a little worried here................

Sartorius
01-09-09, 07:27 AM
Hi, I'm new and this is my only character. I probably won't create another character so this will be the only character I'm actively roleplaying.

Requiem of Insanity
01-11-09, 10:29 PM
I have many, many accounts. They all get used, some rotate out while others rotate in.

Lord Anglekos
03-06-09, 01:22 PM
I have four accounts but use only two, I suppose.
My "prime" character at the moment is Eric Anglekos here, and I use him and my Rebellion account the most. I made another character under the account name "Strickland", but after re-reading the Dresden series I refuse to roleplay with him out of shame. My first character, Vincent Winterscar under my "Winterhair" account, is technically my strongest, but least interesting (personally) one. He's a murderer, a rapist and maybe even a cannibal. He has no real goals except for killing Danny Boy (Slayer of the Rot), and will probably end up as a member of Xem'Zund's army. So, not much interest there.

Melancholy
03-07-09, 11:08 PM
HA!!!!!!!! i win lol cuz I have.... -pauses to count- MinzigFrish, Normandy, Melancholy, Garmith, Riff Raff, and, uh...... damn lol just 5. I guess I dont win after all.... Well I'm active with all of them, but for some reason I can't seem to get an RP with this account -sigh- is it because she's blind? I doooooooooonnnnnnnnnnttttttttttt uuunderstanddddddddddddddddddddddd lol -sigh- i would actually really appreciate somebody telling me whats wrong with her lol

But yeah I guess MinzigFrish is my favorite account, though I'm not sure why... She's just so cocky I guess -flexes arm- reminds me of muhself ^^ just not as idiotic heheh

Lady Blackwell
03-07-09, 11:23 PM
ummm i had ...... too many to count although i believe 8 was a rough estimate.

altho ii have scrapped them i now mainly use this guy, Bandit Brother ^.^

new_guy
03-08-09, 01:12 AM
Wow. I have ten accounts so i have the most hahahaha. want to know who? just ask.

Lathienas Miraq
03-17-09, 02:17 PM
Wow. I have ten accounts so i have the most hahahaha. want to know who? just ask.

Surely you can't keep track of that many stories?

I currently only have this account but am probably going to create another as this guy is quite generic, though I have a couple of quest ideas to personalise him a little.

new_guy
03-18-09, 03:53 AM
I actually can. I have separate folders for each account from start to now.

Lathienas Miraq
03-18-09, 12:55 PM
Fair enough then.

Just out of interest who are all your chars?

I now have two but I can't change my poll option :(

ninja_person
03-18-09, 01:20 PM
I'll pm you that info. I am embarrased so I will pm you that info when I have the time. Is that alright?

Othar Almenneran
03-29-09, 02:10 PM
I have two. This is my 'evil' character and is my second as my first was very generic and non-unique. I've grown to like him a lot more though. This account also allows me the oppurtunity to rp both sexes. At the same time.

Jack Lancer
04-04-09, 06:53 AM
What? No option for over 15?

Libis
04-19-09, 02:22 PM
I have 3 PCs and an NPC who has been peripherally introduced in a Bazaar thread (with a different character) and will be expanded on in my current solo (with this character)

Mabus
05-05-09, 07:40 AM
I have more characters then I remember. I tend to RP as minor characters more so then my mains, simply because they're easier to use, and it makes more sense for a corporate overlord/mad-scientist/master-of-chaos/etc, to send a mercenary or minion to do something dangerous or unpleasant, rather then for them to do it themselves. I only ever have three characters ever doing something active 'simultaneously', though, and only ever bother to really flesh out two of them at the same time, if that. I like to be vague. I remember how it used to be when I described every minor detail of a character, and it read very masturbatory, in retrospect.

Eruvilui
06-22-09, 12:20 PM
I only have one account, but I just joined, so...not exactly the fairest answer. I usually like to have two or three characters I can play with, but that was when I had more time on my hands.

Mutant_Lorenor
11-13-09, 11:51 AM
My bunch is Alberdyne/Sabatykos/Lexxum (Though I no longer use him)/Jotham/Joaquim and I believe that's it. So I have about five Characters and but only use four. :)