PDA

View Full Version : Hierarch Arenas

Zook Murnig
04-11-08, 09:45 PM
Each member of the Dajas Pagoda has an arena unique to themselves, set up by the Ai Bron monks. They are completely customizable. While hazards are fair game, unavoidable dangers are not. The vast majority of fighters must be able to survive in the arena. A field covered entirely with lava, for example, would not be allowed, since the majority of players cannot fly and are not immune to fire.

These arenas are public knowledge, and are to be posted here for all to see.

A hierarch may change his or her arena every month, subject to Pagoda mod approval. All arenas are subject to approval, as well. Simply follow the rules above, and you will have no problems.

Should a hierarch be unseated, their post here will be soft deleted until such time that they return (or they may request that their old arena be left deleted and set up a new one), and the new hierarch must submit their own arena.

The following hierarchs still need to submit their arenas:

Warriors-
Dra
Liquid Ice

Masters-
Zerith

Grandmaster-

Breaker
04-11-08, 09:54 PM
Breaker's arena is quite simple. A small island barely visible from the coast of Scara Brae. The outer part of the island is a sandy beach, while the vast majority of it is dominated by a dense jungle. A network of paths run through the jungle but they are unkept and overgrown, often leading to dead ends. Birds and insects are the only creatures on the island, aside from the combattants. Once a challenger arrives they will not be allowed to leave until they or Josh is defeated.

An enchanted rowboat delivers challengers to the arena. If the challenger is victorious, yields, or is knocked unconscious they may return by the same route. Otherwise their body is retrieved and revived by the Ai'Bron monks.

Zook Murnig
04-11-08, 10:01 PM
Approved.

Brother of My Blade
04-11-08, 10:10 PM
Brother's arena is a church dedicated to his god, the Silver Flame. It is a simple building of wood and stone, though wrought iron was incorporated in its construction. There are rows of pews with unique iron flourishes on the backs and ends of each. At the focus of the place is the preacher's pulpit and a stained glass window. The glass depicts a beautiful ember of silver with three figures inside it: an armored woman and a colorful feathery-winged serpent smiting a great and terrible demon. Combatants may enter and leave as they please, though premature exit of the grounds means forfeit.

Godhand
04-11-08, 10:14 PM
Godhand's arena is comparable to a large colosseum. At the center is a twenty by twenty ring. It is composed of an elevated steel beam and wood plank stage covered by foam padding and a canvas mat, with the sides then covered with a "skirt" to prevent spectators from seeing underneath. Around the ring are three cables (the ring ropes) wrapped in tape and rubber hosing, which are held up by turnbuckles. The ring includes an "apron" area of the ring floor, extending between one and two feet beyond the ropes; the ring floor is four feet above the ground.

Under the ring is a large coil spring, designed to reduce the impact of a person landing on it. The type under Godhand's particular ring utilizes a "soft" spring, which provides a gentler blow at the expense of a fighter bouncing visibly upon impact. Getting bounced off it is still painful, however, and a strong enough impact can still incapacitate an opponent.

Hidden under the ring are several tables and foreign objects. These are up to the writer to decide, but keep in mind that there are no bladed weapons beneath the ring. It's mostly steel folding chairs, barbed wire bats, and the ocassional sledgehammer. Around the ring, and behind the guardrail, are escalating rows of chairs for spectators to sit in.

The entry is a composed of an archway and a runway. Placed next to it is a band with powerful amplified instruments, capable of blasting a fighter's "entrance" music to all the corners of the arena.

Slayer of the Rot
04-12-08, 02:25 AM
Dan Lagh'ratham's arena is strange to say the least. A challenger entering it would find themselves in a space impossibly large for the Pagoda holding it. An overcast winter day with little color to it, the challenger finds himself on the top of a hill overlooking a sprawling steel mill (http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b72/i_heart_roisin_dubh/smoke.jpg). It appears to still be in working in order; smoke constantly spills from it's tall chimneys. At times, they may find themselves closer to the mill; nevertheless, the trip to it is short.

Upon entering the building, thick dark metal bars clap shut over the entrance, impossible to move. They will withdraw when the building senses only one remaining heartbeat.

The interior of the building is vastly different from the impression it gives outside. It mirrors an abandoned hospital (http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b72/i_heart_roisin_dubh/image028.jpg), crumbling from disuse. The air is thick with dust, the floor is littered with a motley amount of garbage and dried mud; all of the lights are broken. Every corridor is lined with empty rooms, and they all contain odd things; scalpels, broken porcelain dolls, construction equipment, rusted medical equipment. There is only one floor to this section of the building. The door in the west of this wing leads to the second section of the arena, a door marked 'Cafeteria'.

This wing of the arena looks precisely like a slaughterhouse. The concrete floor is heavily stained, and hooks line the ceiling, with the occasional carcass hanging from them. Usually if a body is in the room, it's rotting, and gives off a pungent smell. Much roomier than the hospital, there are only a few rooms to the slaughterhouse, giving a combatant much more maneuverability. As before, there are weapons littered across this portion of the arena; hooks, knives, hammers, and even a pneumatic punch designed to kill cattle quickly and swiftly.

Cyrus the virus
04-12-08, 12:20 PM
Luc's arena is a large, brown wasteland of flat earth with several boulders. There are no walls or ends to the wasteland, it extends forever. There are creases in the earth that water runs through, but they're only about as wide for your foot to fit in.

Zook Murnig
04-13-08, 08:35 AM
All above arenas are approved, with the exception of Brother's. Brother's arena needs to be approved by another mod, since it's my character.

Bloodrose
04-13-08, 12:05 PM
Teric's arena is a hastily constructed pallisade wall surrounding a dirt fighting ring with a radius of forty feet. Buillt up along the walls and rising in grandstands are a half dozen rows of bleachers designed to allow the people of Scara Brae to come and spectate.

There is one gate at the North end of the ring to allow fighters to enter and leave, but other than that the wall is uninterrupted. For all intensive purposes the arena is simple and straightforward, just like it's master.

Making the arena unique however, is the fact that it sits outside the Pagoda itself. There is nothing magical or enchanted about the place - a fact that Teric enjoys to the fullest - and the materials surrounding the combatants are real and tangible.

Zook Murnig
04-13-08, 01:00 PM
Bloodrose's arena is approved.

Logan
04-13-08, 01:09 PM
Brother's arena hath been approved!

HikariAngel
04-15-08, 10:27 PM
Christoph approved my arena before I started using it, but here it is for the masses. Yo.

Monica's arena is a place that wreaks havoc with gravity. The floor and ceiling have independent gravity sources so one could stand on the floor and look up at someone standing on the ceiling looking up at someone on the floor. Chunks of the ground, all large enough to stand comfortably on and some large enough to fight on, have dislodged from the floor and ceiling and float vertically between the two. (SQUISH hazard) Gravity is also subjective on these landmasses, so you can walk from the top side to the bottom without falling off unless you jump, then you are subject to the gravity of what "floor" you are closer to--ceiling or ground. Oh, the ground on the floor and ceiling is also covered in luminous psychedelic grass.

In the middle of the arena floating between both halves is a tree growing from the center out in every direction. Branches are large enough to easily stand and run along, and each branch has its own gravity so you can stand on any of them safely at any angle.

Zook Murnig
04-16-08, 08:43 AM
HikariAngel's arena is (re-)approved!

Jobe
05-03-08, 07:10 PM
Setting: Three-Story Warehouse surrounded by twelve yards of barren land.

Floor Plan of Warehouse (http://s248.photobucket.com/albums/gg187/LiquidRubberbandMan/?action=view&current=MapofArena1.jpg)

Description:

-Outside-

Jack's arena is as deadly as it is meticulous. When entering the arena, every opponent will begin at the entrance of the warehouse which is, in fact, at the gated mesh fence more than twelve yards away from the heavy iron door leading into the huge, carefully constructed building. Unless a person is able to fly, teleport, or find a method of travel they could use to avoid the barren landscape covered in rolls of barbed wire and pitted with fox holes and traps they must navigate what Jobe nicknamed 'No Man's Land'. Splayed across the virtual, barren war zone are numerous traps that have been carefully placed before the battle (Traps are randomly moved every battle to make it harder for opponents to become 'familiar' with their locations should they battle Jack consecutively, but the more dangerous traps will tend be located in fixed locations), and the traps are as numerous as they are unpredictable. From one side of the landscape there might be pressure plates or pitfalls, while at the other side there are quagmires or quick sand.

Should the opponent make it through the field, whatever they may be, they will find themselves at the only entrance to the warehouse; the front door. At the front door, opponents will see the heavy, steel double doors that are the only thing keeping them from the inside of the warehouse. Unless the opponent chooses to scale the sheer walls to the only open window on the third floor or to even the roof, most opponents will encounter the trick lock at the door. Appearing as if it is unlocked, the knob mimics being jammed when really all that must be done is to jerk the knob upwards to trip the lock, which acts more or less like a warning call to Jobe who waits within.

-First Floor-

Once inside, opponents will notice that the first floor looks like a typical interior to a warehouse. A large cavernous interior, thousands upon thousands of wooden, steel, and iron boxes that dwarf most in size lay stacked on top of each other akin to a labyrinth. Immediately, the opponent will find that one of the many ways to the second floor or even the basement lie through the maze of crates. (Each round, the maze can be restacked and moved to alter routes, dead ends, and ways to other parts of the building. Again, making the arena more unpredictable and harder for repeat opponents to develop a familiarity with the place). Across the sprawling maze lie traps of all kinds, which range from sheer pitfalls to even tripwires that will pull heavy, enormous crates down upon the opponent like a house of cards if they are reckless.

Clever opponents will soon find out that the quickest way through the maze is over, not through, and if they should make it, they will either encounter the second floor or the basement.

-Second Floor-

Once an opponent has navigated through the maze, he should find a spiral staircase leading up to the second floor. With most of the traps an opponent has encountered, they'll be surprised to know that the staircase is usually the only thing upon the first floor that hasn't been trapped. Making the long, harrowing journey to the second floor upon the staircase, opponents will eventually reach the top and into the second floor. Winded by the ascent, opponents will find themselves at the entrance to large concrete room that looks to be completely empty and the only source of light is the entrance on the other side of the room.

But, as is Jobe's mantra, looks can be deceiving. Surveying the entirely room, contenders will notice that the glitter upon the floor is in fact a sea of broken glass littering the floor. To the trained eye, it’s apparent that this glass is harmless, not big or sharp enough to cut or gash those in booted feet, but when stepped upon, the resounding crunch is loud enough to echo off the concrete confines of the room. Once triggered, the exit leading to the first floor will be shut by a slate of steel more than seven inches thick and the entire room acts like a trap will be activated.

With no choice but to move forward, the opponent will quickly find out that the big, heavy concrete tiles that were attached to the ceiling will begin to fall haphazardly to the ground indiscriminately. Should an opponent be fast, they should be able to outrace the falling blocks of concrete which begin at one end of the room and end on the other side (This never changes) and make it to the third floor.

-Third Floor-

Once free of the dangers of the second floor, opponents will find themselves outside again upon a fire escape leading to the third floor, which lies at too far a drop for opponents to reach at the bottom floor. Moving into the third floor, it is acts like the 'attic' of the warehouse. Normally covered by a stable, hardwood floor across the entire level, the third floor and the roof are the only levels upon the warehouse, which unless the second floor has been accessed at any time during the battle, remain un-trapped.

Making up the meat of the floor on the third level, the second level's concrete ceiling was the only thing aside from the network of joints keeping the hardwood floor together. If the second floor trap was activated, most of the floor, with the exception of a few patches and the joints, are very brittle and if stepped upon, can send the opponent for a twelve foot plunge to the concrete ground below. It takes careful navigation to reach the other end of the room without falling through the floor, but it is entirely possible to make it to the roof without falling. This floor is usually where most of the weapon caches are at.

-Roof-

Atop of the warehouse and outside once again, the roof is usually un-trapped. Like that of a conventional, modern-day building's roof, it is a wide space of blacktop surrounded by a raised, concrete wall about two feet high. This is usually where most of the fighting between Jobe and the opponent takes place. There is nothing really special about the place other than the high gusts of wind, the view, and the fall one would take if they were to drop from the roof. Eventually, most opponents will figure out that the purpose of the traps and the trek to the top were all in an effort to exhaust an opponent and make the fight for survival all the more difficult.

-The Basement-

So an opponent doesn't find the second floor entrance upon the first floor. So what? Should an opponent traverse the maze of crates enough, they will eventually come across a crate pile of crates covering the entrance to the storage elevator leading to the basement and to the roof. Unless the generators at the basement which control the fluorescent lights and some of the traps are disabled, the elevator will usually be accessible.

Should an opponent choose to go to the basement, they will immediately find most sound drowned out by the constant, blaring pitch of the generators, even making footsteps fall upon deaf ears. Aside from the mammoth generators that lie within the middle of the basement, the floor is a shadowy maze of narrow turns, chain-linked fences, and shelves lined with boxes full of junk parts and sometimes even weapons. The place makes for an excellent game of cat and mouse and is incredibly hard for one unfamiliar with the environment to take advantage of.

Traps: All traps within the arena at the time of the battle will be listed at the end of Jobe's first post along with the weapon caches to give an opponent an OOC preview of what to expect and to keep either of us from powergaming. Although some traps are permanent, such as the second/third floor, pit falls, and that sort of thing, the rest can be moved and relocated in an effort to keep opponents from developing an IC familiarity with the arena's greatest defense (which would makes the point of traps a moot point otherwise). I'll discuss with my opponent the extent of which these traps can go, but as for the natural ones, such as quagmires and quicksand, they are entirely avoidable and were made to make opponents go into the warehouse.

Once I post the traps that will be used for the arena, since Jack ICly designed this arena and personally moves the traps between each battle, I consider him to have IC knowledge of them which, considering it is his arena, is completely fair.

Weapon Caches: Like traps, I will display the contents of all weapon caches in the beginning of the battle. These weapons can range from anything I've listed at the beginning of the battle, but once listed these will be the ONLY weapons, other than what the characters carry on their person, made available in the arena. All weapon caches were placed by Jack ICly, so he has knowledge of where they are located, just like traps. My only stipulation aside from choosing the weapons is that until Jack possesses a firearm of his own, there will be no firearms of any kind made available in the weapon caches.

IC Knowledge: I've stated throughout my explanation of this arena that I've wanted an opponent's familiarity with this arena to be limited and I've taken measures to prevent it, but that does not mean it is impossible to learn ICly how the arena works (though I trust my opponents not to powergame what I'm about to share). An opponent who does extensive research on Jobe can learn what hes capable of, therefore they can, to some extent, know a bit of what to expect when entering the arena. I trust opponents to do their homework when challenging me just like I do for them, so I don't consider Jobe's IC knowledge of the arena to be unfair at all.

Except for the traps, the weapon caches, and the maze on the first floor, nothing in the arena will change. Not the environment, the building itself, or the landscape around it. This is to prevent me from trying to 'stack' the deck as it were for people challenging me with opponents who need specific environmental conditions for their strengths and weaknesses. When it comes to the landscape and the warehouse themselves, what you see is what you get. There may occasionally be rain, snow, or a hot day, but the arena itself stays fundamentally the same.

Christoph
05-05-08, 12:51 PM
Jobe's arena is approved.

A Nony Mouse
05-06-08, 03:51 PM
Travis' arena is a large forest similar to that of his homeland. The ground slopes gently up as if follows a small stream which meanders through cypresses, pines, oaks, maples, and poplars before turning away from the forest. As the path cuts into the land and away from the water, the ground rises more dramatically, plateauing in a large Clearing nearly forty five feet in diameter.

Several hundred yards to the west is a Cliff which stands nearly sixty feet above our small stream which by now is a raging river.

To the east of the clearing is a section of woods known to Travis as the Roilig. In this area, which encompasses nearly fifteen acres, the ground is covered in ash and the trees are skeletal pines whose blackened trunks rise stoically from the ruined earth. Any who enter here are bound by a fell magick which slowly saps them of their energy. Few remain for very long.

To the north, beyond the clearing, the ground falls quickly in a rolling grade with few trees covering the Hillside. Rocks jut from the ground at odd angles, forcing those navigating this area to tread cautiously. Predatory creatures prowl the hillside, intent on destroying any who set foot in their domain.

Any who make it beyond this hillside to where the ground flattens once again would be rewarded with a field of towering rocks which rise nearly one hundred feet into the sky. Navigating the Pillars of Creation is nearly impossible and many wayward travelers have died of starvation before leaving the stony labyrinth.

Creatures prowling the arena include mriswiths (twisted creatures formed by the thoughts of opponents with ill intent toward Travis), rocs (huge birds circling the Pillars of Creation), Liors (predatory cats found in the Roilig and on the Hillside), and bears (in the forest).

Christoph
05-06-08, 05:53 PM
Approved!

Abomination
05-08-08, 02:02 AM
Okay, well, I don't have too many ideas but:

Setting: a 50 cubic foot stone room with a sliding stone door that locks into place when it's closed and unable to be opened from the inside. The walls, floor, and ceiling are a sort of thick, brittle stone that cracks and breaks easily. The only sources of light are two rows of purple fluorescent light attached to the ceiling. Many steel daggers litter the floor, available for use by either competitor.

-Details-

Pre-Assimilation: A constant stream of clear, poisonous gas is pumped into the room through tiny holes in the ceiling. The gas goes through skin and clothing.
Symptoms - 1st minute > 4th minute: Delusions, hallucinations, and voices.
5th minute > 10th minute: Blurry vision, itchy skin, feeling of something crawling under your skin, paranoia.
11th minute > 20th minute: If the battle isn't over within this time frame, both competitors pass out and are immediately taken out of the battle to administer the vaccine. No interference will be made until at least one of the competitors is out of the battle. There is usually coughing, eye rubbing, and restlessness in this stage.

During Assimilation: Same as pre-assimilation, but the arena changes. The brittle stone along the walls and ceiling become alive, turning into slippery stone tentacles that wrap themselves and try to suffocate anything that wanders within four feet of them. The lights become duller and emit a gray light, making the entire arena much less visible. The floor becomes covered in tiny insects, which although do not do anything in particular, produce a crunchy sound upon stepping on them.

Post-Assimilation: Same as pre-assimilation, as in everything reverts to normal. If the fight isn't over by now, it soon will be.

Christoph
05-08-08, 08:49 AM
Very nice. And approved, too.

The Forgotten
07-14-08, 01:50 PM
Jessie's arena is quite simplistic. A large lake just small enough to see across from one horizon to the other marks the center of an inverse island. White sand beaches and dunes roll with the wind, always changing between bouts. The moist strip of sand twenty-feet wide that circles the lake is smooth and flat, almost hard as concrete. The water is warm and inviting and the lake bed has a maximum depth of three feet for at least a mile out toward the center. Once you reach the "shelf" of the bed, the ground drops off into an impossibly deep abyss and a series of rafts that have been lashed together form a floating platform large enough to more than comfortably fight on. In the center of the arena stands a pedestal twenty-yards in diameter and one-hundred yards high. It is impossible to climb, but occasionally a portal will open atop it to admit combatants.

Christoph
07-14-08, 01:52 PM
Approved!

Christoph
07-14-08, 03:56 PM
Apparently, I never posted my arena, and since I'm not above the law (yet), I'll do that now.

Christopher Knighton's arena appears at first glance to be a massive slaughterhouse, about 100 meters long and 40 meters wide. Massive slabs of meat hang from metal hooks on chains, arranged in rows about five feet apart. The air is fairly cold, just barely above freezing. The far wall in lined with eight massive metal meat ovens. There is a thirty foot gap between these ovens and the raw meat, and a chunk of it is occupied by a huge wooden worktable, often covered in segmented meat. Challengers enter from the side opposite the ovens.

Zook Murnig
07-14-08, 10:12 PM
Christopher Knighton's arena is approved.

Sorahn
07-15-08, 06:59 PM
Sorahn's arena is an ancient temple of Ronah. The centuries have reduced it nearly to ruins, but solid materials and quality Ranoan construction have ensured most of the building remains standing. It is about 100 yards square and 100 feet tall inside, and is made of heavy stone. Most of the roof has fallen in, leaving most of the ceiling open to the sky. Massive pillars (about 4 feet in diameter) remain standing, however most have broken off at various heights, leaving only a few remaining at their full height, supporting the little remaining roof, and all show significant cracking. The taller pillars still have large ornate arches connecting them.

The temple consists of one large open room. The walls are lined with tall arched windows, and though all the glass is gone, they are set 40 feet up the wall, making any attempt to enter or exit through them impossible. Out the windows one can see only the tops of a forest of huge, old trees.

Standing in the center of the room is a massive statue of Ronah, standing proudly with his wings spread and his great spear in his hand, looking down with his intense gaze. He stands nearly 70 feet tall, with his great wings spanning 100 feet. The entire statue is masterfully carved out of stone, showing great detail. The base of the statue bears this message, written in High Ranoan:

“Shekeles tehlshath Ronah, rah tahnseth mehnatehs tehnmah na rehnasat menahtias. Rahnseth setkah neth tehnasatheles, nah rensath nethehnas.”

Which means:

”Highest praise be to Ronah, for he hears our cries and shows compassion on us. He has delivered us from the Days of Torrent, and into the new world.”

(*Note: High Ranoan appears like a string of lines, slashes, and dashes to those who can't read it. Reference the tattoo on Sorahn's left forearm in my profile picture for a better idea.)

The statue itself shows surprisingly little damage, considering its surroundings. Only a few small cracks mar its intricate surface.

All around the statue is a circular pool, filled with crystal clear, cold water. The pool is fed by an underground spring, thus is always fresh and never evaporates. The pool is symbolic of Ronah providing for the needs of his people, and it is surrounded by more High Ranoan writing carved into the floor, telling of Ronah's care and provision.

The entire hall is magnificent, complete with ornate patterns carved into the pillars and decorative moldings around the windows and arches. Every pillar over eight feet tall bears at least one ornate sconce, holding torches which are enchanted to light themselves at night and don't burn out until sunrise, providing plenty of light to the temple at night.

The only entrance is a set of massive double doors, made of wood so thick and sturdy they have survived over the centuries. They are a rich mahogany color and are intricately carved and studded with thick cast iron. If barred, they would be nearly impossible to destroy, symbolic of the protection of Ronah. However if unlocked, they are counter-weighted and thus can be opened by one man (though it requires considerable effort) and they are self-closing.

Christoph
07-16-08, 12:14 AM
Approved!

Iriah Caitrak
07-16-08, 10:19 AM
All information on the monsters--excluding the Devadi--can be found in The Fallien Bestiary (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=1497) Information on the Devadi can be found in Iriah's profile.

The Ranajira is a very large and open space that looks extremely similar to the Fallien desert. The sky is always a beautiful and jewel like clear blue with the sun blazing high upon it. The sands span out in the arena until the horizon and then some, rising and falling like frozen waves upon the sea that hide how deadly they truly can be. They are treacherous to walk and hide many a danger, among them being the very dangerous Arta. They hide under the sand, leaving nothing of their presence of reddish stains upon the sand itself. If one walks too close to any of these stains, the Arta stirs and will either attacks from above or below the sand.

In the centre of this sea of sand lies The Valley of the Dead, a much less ominous place than the name implies. It is a valley lying in the many sand dunes that is riddled with large, claw-like spikes of obsidian that have sprouted from the ground. They range anywhere from three feet in diameter to seven and can be well over fifteen feet tall. One side of them is always polished smooth while their others are sharp and jagged. It will hold the names of the people that enter Ranajira and fight within it.

To the west of The Valley are a series of underground caves. These caves span for smiles, opening up periodically into the desert and also into large open caverns. They may seem like a safe refuge and a place to hide away from the sun, but the Karuka-tal rule these caves.

At will, Ranajira can be turned into Yuddhara. The layout of the arena remains the same, only Yuddhara lies within the realm of Anandin (Purgatory). All the bright colours once dotting the land melt away and the sky becomes filled with thick, grey clouds. The sand is littered with weapons of all kinds, shapes and sizes, but they are not so easily used. Some may simply pierce the skin, others are enchanted to attack only the soul and leave no mark upon the flesh. And yet some will fall apart under the weight of the rust upon them. A random few are enchanted beyond this, though the enchantment might not always be very helpful and more harmful than not.

Besides the weapons littering the desert floor, the presence of life in Anandin will attract Devadi, fallen souls that look like grotesque monsters that feed upon the souls of the living. They cannot be harmed by normal weapons, only by an Akhetamikan weapon or a strongly enchanted on.

Christoph
07-16-08, 10:20 AM
Approved!

Godhand
07-21-08, 01:41 AM
I forgot to mention something about my arena. The "winner" is whoever pins the other guy for a three count, though that doesn't really amount to anything except for crowd reaction and stuff like that. Think of it like he's having a regular wrestling match with his opponent in some promotion, but also fighting for the Pagoda at the same time. Therefore, getting pinned doesn't really do anything except for ending the mini-fight going on. Someone still has to die or submit for the Pagoda match to be over.

Mathias
08-06-08, 10:47 PM
The Box of Planes
Mathias' arena is a representation of the planes that he is most fond of walking. Currently, there are only two planes that the arena crosses: the Firmament and the Vivid Plane. Mathias is able to activate the room to planeshift and become a part of another plane entirely, for the duration of the fight.

~ The Firmament - the physical plane. It is merely a twenty by twenty foot room in the Pagoda itself, with plain paper screen doors and wooden walls, and a ten foot high ceiling.

~ The Vivid Plane - an ethereal plane of mist. When Mathias activates the arena, it becomes part of the Vivid Plane, which is essentially a plane of vast emptiness. It is filled with mist that spans the entire spectrum of visible color at all times, and there are often random explosions and gusts of wind that do not hold any physical force themselves, but only serve to create immense distractions and visible obscurities. Those who are epileptic may have a seizure triggered by the chaotic whim of the plane, and it also tends to give one a headache if they stay within it for more than ten minutes or so.

Christoph
08-11-08, 05:45 PM
A bit odd, but it seems all right. Approved!

Les Misérables
08-24-08, 01:27 PM
Phyr's arena is the interior of a deserted one room tavern. An oak door leads to the torchlit section of tables and chairs with the occasional vase or salt shaker. Beyond this lies the bar, well polished with a row of wooden stools. The stock shelves and counter behind the bar are always full of a vast selection of alcoholic beverages. An old dartboard complete with six iron darts hangs on a pockmarked section of wall adjacent to the bar.

Ataraxis
08-24-08, 01:35 PM
Due to urgency on Les Misérables' part, I'll pre-approve the arena so that he can post his intro before it's too late. I doubt edits are required, but if they are, I think that can be seen to at a later time, as they'd most likely be minor anyway. Final approval is of course reserved to the Pagoda Mods.

Destrudo
09-06-08, 07:36 PM
Destrudo's Arena is the city of Scara Brae itself.

Rather than limiting himself to one continuous layout that get's stale after one or two matches, he has chosen to use a random section of the city itself as his arena.

The monks play their part well, telling the challenger that they must wait in the city for their opponet to be ready, and gently force the out into the city. The Challenger roams the city for a little while, until suddenly, silently, and without warning, the challenger finds him or herself surrounded by a large ring of ten monks. Silence fills the air as a crowd gathers round to see what's going on, and ominous steps echo above the dull murmur, as Destrudo emerges from the crowd, and fights them right then and there.

There are three main areas that Destrudo limits himself to, and these shall be written below as a matter of public record. Also, it is noted that the monks have extended their powers to either make the area indestructible, or completely restored after a fight, in accordance with an agreement made with Queen Valeena to allow Destrudo's matches in the city.
__________________________________________________ ________________________
The Bazaar: Whether it's the Main square, the back alleyways, or a street, The Bazaar is full of people. The following possible Arena hazards exist in this area:

>>Dropped items: Dropped items are random, as people are hurried out of the way of the impending match. Dropped items can either be picked up and used, or tripped over, or simply left alone. Such items are never above tier 3 at most or more powerful than Destrudo's current level, and are forcibly removed by the monks after the match to be returned to their rightful owners.

>> Shops: Sometimes fights boil their way into a shop, and anything in a shop, and like the streets, nothing above tier 3 is available, or above Destrudo's level is available in said shop.

>> Loose cobblestones: Sometimes the fighters will chance upon a loose cobblestone. These can easily trip someone up, and can also be pried loose and thrown, or in some other fashion be used.

Another area that might be used are The Royal Gardens. Valeena won't let the palace itself be used, the gardens itself can occasionally be used as a site for battle.

The Hazards within are as follows:

>>Florae: A wide variety of Florae (plants) exist in Valeena's royal gardens. As such, they are as much hazards as anything else, with exposed roots for tripping, branches and thorns for scatching, and some, like poison ivy, can make one's skin itch.

>>Paving stones: Paving stones, set at regular intervals, do not provide an even smooth surface, and a wrong step could make someone trip and fall, especially in a battle where one's walking surface is not at the top of one's thoughts.

>>The Fountain: One of Valeena's many fountains. This one depicts a trio of of playful Dolphins, water coming out of their mouths, open as though in laughter. The fountain is a full ten feet across, and ten feet tall at it's tallest point. It's possible to drown someone in this fountain.

The Guards: Armed Guards are posted at the doors to enforce Valeena's restriction against entering her castle during a fight. Though the monks have assured her they will keep Fighters out of the castle, but the guards are there all the same, and will not hesitate to stop someone from entering, permanently. They mark the furthest possible edge of the arena, and to go past them is the exact same as forfeiting a match.

The Docks: Partly wood, partly stone, and completely dangerous, The docks are perhaps Destrudo's favorite spot for a match due to the high volume of hazards.

>>Cargo: Crates of Cargo and wagons loaded with them, both bound for the city, and bound for ships to other ports of the world are scattered all over the docks. What their filled with is unclear, and unknown. Once again, by sheer chance, nothing above tier three on any material list will ever be found inside the crates, and the crates themselves will never be made with wood better than tier's one or two. Same with the wagons.

>> The Boardwalk: The Boardwalk, situated over the water, it's made of both wood and stone. Wood further out to sea, stone further inland. Though it can be said The Docks are in generally good repair, some sections just simply are not, and exceptionally weak areas can be fell through. Some spots are only large enough for a leg, some are large enough to take both participants.

>> The Ocean: Perhaps the most obvious hazard is the existence of the ocean itself. It's obvious one can drown in it, and during rough weather, it's possible the occasional wave might reach up and knock someone over. The closer to land you are, the more shallow it is, so it's possible to fight in water.

>> The monster from the depths: Occasionally, some monster might decide to crawl it's way out of the ocean in hopes of an easy snack. These monsters are never too powerful, and easily beaten quickly. They are mainly attracted by fighters falling into the ocean, and or fighting in the ocean.

Exact section layout and size will be given in an OOC note at the start of each match, as well as an exact listing of Hazards, and in the case of the monsters at the docks, conditions for triggering their attack and other pertinent info.

There is no lasting damage to the city, for the monks have agreed to restore it and all items not belonging to either participant immediately after the match.

Christoph
09-09-08, 02:23 PM
Sounds interesting. Arena approved.

Drago Tenmatsu
10-22-08, 02:05 PM
Drago Tenmatsu's Arena :

The arena itself is not an arena, more like a clocktower.

From the outside it stands almost 50 stories tall, with 4 faces, one on each side of the tower for viewing and destruction. It shows the time of the day no matter how you look at it. The numbers on the tower are each 12 feet tall and 6 feet thick of steel. The glass that holds the numbers up is not glass, it is a type of admantine, a material that looks like glass but is stronger then steel but weaker then titanium. So sending a normal person through the windows will be a hell of a trial; since nothing uner 500 pounds will even crack these windows.

Underneath each face, in a row are lined 3 stained glass windows with each side representing something else. For example; the windows to the north represent life and have pictures of life on them Examples being a pregnant woman, a family, and old age. The windows to the south are the opposite of those windows. They represent death, and the windows show Death (aka the Grim Reaper), a casket and tombstone. The windows to the East represent Love; therefore the windows have a heart on one, lovers on the next and a ring on the last. Now the widows to the West represent Hate. And they show fires, violence and weapons.

Now the inside is alot, and I mean alot different. Gears, coils, springs, bolts, even the 12 windows are all seen from inside the tower. You can see each of the windows from the middle of the arena and only there.

The main gear where you first stand is roughly 15 feet by 15 feet and is 8 feet thick, of wood and steel.

At the bottom of this tower is pure concrete, so hitting this floor from above is an instant death, unless you can float, fly, or anything of the sort.

And when you enter this tower, the door, which stands roughly 10 feet tall by 5 feet wide vanishes untill only one stands. And when it vanishes, a gear, an odd colored gear appears. A pure jet black gear takes it place, to represent where the door in and out lies.

Christoph
10-22-08, 08:08 PM
Looks pretty good. Approved!

Quentin Boone
02-11-09, 04:18 PM
Quentin's Arena:

A realm that in some way reflects Quentin's personality, the vast desert-land beats on you from the moment you enter: Sweltering heat, sand whipping about in hot winds, pockets of air occasionally 'popping' to send columns of sand-filled steam from the ground. This environment, harsh, unforgiving, is not natural for Quentin either who also is affected by such conditions. But, some form of balance is gained from the lack of control the mercenary has over his arena, in the form of something or other that he has no awareness of making magic twice as difficult to use for any who enter.

Christoph
02-11-09, 08:20 PM
Approved!