PDA

View Full Version : Edit question.

Lakin_of_DpN
04-21-08, 06:18 AM
Is it okay to edit as many times as you like? even if you have posted it for judging. I find that I'm shocking for re-reading and finding so many things that I want to change. Daily... ouch. So can you see how many times a person edits a post? (A question to the Mod's). I ask this because I will be very embarrassed with some of my posts if you can see how many times I edited.

Does anyone else constantly find things to edit after they post? But more than that, even a week later still find that they could change it, to improve it in some way.

I think I'm going crazee with the whole edit tool available.

Karuka
04-21-08, 06:23 AM
You can edit as much as you like before the tread is submitted, and some would say even up to the point that the thread is claimed. But it is generally agreed that it's bad form to edit something after a judge has claimed it.

Lakin_of_DpN
04-21-08, 06:42 AM
How do you know someone has claimed the thread for judging, do they send you a message?

Karuka
04-21-08, 06:59 AM
Up at the top of the page, under where it says "Welcome back, >your name here<," there are a bunch of links. One of them says "View your judging requests."

If it's been claimed, there will be a little note from a judge saying something along the lines of "got it, should have it done by x day.'

Lakin_of_DpN
04-21-08, 07:04 AM
Ahh okay, thanks.

grim137
04-21-08, 12:46 PM
I always figured that you had until the thread was actually judged to edit it. If the judge has already read it by the time you edit it and as a result, doesn't notice you edited it, well then that's your own damn fault for waiting so long to make the edits.