PDA

View Full Version : The Abandoned House ((OPEN))

Gribble
04-24-08, 03:57 PM
“So we have permission to go in this time?” Fero asked Paladar as they stand out side of a gate leading to an abandoned house.

Paladar just pulled a key out of his pocket and unlocked the gate leading to the path to the house.

“Yup it was no problem Mr. Fero” Fero says to himself

Paladar just looked at Fero and shook his head; Fero thought he heard a laugh come from Paladar. They walked down the path that had weeds and grass overgrowing from the lack of caretaking.
As the walked down the path Fero tried making conversation with Paladar.

“So, Paladar how’s life?”
“How’s your mum?”

But to no surprise Paladar didn’t say anything. For as long as Fero has known Paladar he has never said one word to Fero, no matter what he’s tried to do, he’s gotten him drunk and tried, he’s even tried beating it out of him.

When they reached the house Fero saw that it was a lot bigger then it looked form the gate, it was at least 4 stories tall. Paladar went to the front door and unlocked it and held it open for Fero

“Ladies first” Fero said as if he knew what Paladar was thinking. This time he saw Paladar actually smile

“Getting better at this” Fero said with a smirk as they were walking into the house, “wow, this is huge, you sure this is where he hides during the day? I don’t want to do all this searching and find out he’s not here.”

Paladar just nodded his head and walked into the front room and waited for Fero to join him.

“Ok, you search the 1st and 2nd floor and ill search the 3rd and 4th floor. Got it?” Fero asked Paladar

Paladar just nodded his head and set off toward the dinning area.

“If you find anything just yell ok?” Fero yelled to him
……Of course no answer

As Fero walked toward the stairs he heard someone coming down the stairs and saw their shadow as it came around the corner of the stairs………

oren
04-26-08, 12:51 AM
A young woman with black hair and pale green eyes drifted down the corridor. Hardly taking notice to the people inside the house. How she got there was a complete mystery to her, but she was sure that she would find an exit there.

She drifted down the staircase and saw the two men at the bottom. Stopping in mid-stride she wasn't sure what to do, either she runs back up the stairs and be chased by people who could possibly kill her, or two she could go down and face the pair.

Naturally Yin-Li Chen just stood there and thought about it. Taking a chance she drifted down the stairs to face the men, her left hand on the holster for her daggers hanging on to one just incase. She approached them with caution not wanting to actually scare them.

"Hello?" the girl said with some uncertainty.

The tiny figure that was the woman stopped her approach just a distance away from Fero and his companion.

'The was a bad idea Yin,' she thought to herself. 'You should have run back upstairs when you had the chance.'

Of course she was nervous and thinking these thoughts, she didn't want to die or get hurt. If she did, well that would be more of a problem for her than she wanted it to be.

Staying put she went through waiting for either of them to reply. At least she could get some introductions out of the way if they didn't see her as a threat, and possibly a way out. Afterall she looked harmless enough, but the ripped, and burned cloak made her seem a little less friendly.

Her face however said other wise, something between innocent and pretty said she was just a traveler that was in the wrong place at the wrong time. The pale green eyes took things a level deeper that she really had no clue where she was at the moment.

Yin studied them from her place, wondering if she could even trust any of them. A part of her said yes, trust them, but not too much, after all she didn't know who they were, where they came from, and just what they were doing in that house.

Frowning she kicked herself, 'No, you shouldn't be less trusting if you don't have a bad feeling about them.'

It wasn't a bad feeling about them though. She just wasn't sure but her female intuition said leave the house. Besides she had no reason to be there, there were no spirits for her to cross over, no evil people to vanquish or something like that.

Gribble
04-26-08, 09:39 AM
A million things where rushing thought Fero’s head at the moment he saw the shadow coming around the corner.

“Will I win this fight?”
“What happens if I die?”
“Will Paladar kill them?”
“Would Paladar say anything at my funeral?”

Fero already had his blades attached to his wrist and was getting into a position where he could leap at the person and kill them before they knew what was happing.

Paladar was standing there with no weapon as always. As the shadow grew closer Fero noticed that the shadow was smaller than that off the person they were hunting. As the person walked around the corner Fero noticed it was a girl and went back to his normal stance.

“Who are you?” the girl asked, she looked lost and confused.

“I think the better question would be who are you?” Fero asked, walking toward her.
“Do you have permission to be here?”
“All alone in this empty house with a murder on the loose. It couldn’t be safe at all for someone like you.”

oren
04-26-08, 10:10 PM
Her eyes narrowed looking at Fero the hilt of a dagger still in hand, but not drawn. The girl was tired, stressed, and the interrogation he just gave her made her even more confused than she already was. Just to be safe, she answered his questions.

"My name is Yin," she said "No I don't have permission. I don't even know how I got here."

She thought about the last part he said and felt rather insulted. Someone like her unable to handle herself against a murderer. Yin usually wasn't one to feel angry, but the context that he put it in made her feel like she wasn't good enough to survive in a house with a dangerous man. It was time she put her profession to use. After all, partly being an assassin she must have the ability to kill people swiftly and quickly.

With that, and the lack of the ability to think rationally Yin finally said, "What do you mean someone like me?"

Forgetting about drawing the dagger incase she had to defend herself she looked at him, the last of her patience had finally left her. "Are you saying just because I happen to be a little female walking around a house she doesn't know how she got into can't handle herself against a murderer?"

Her thoughts literally enacted themselves out. She had to admit though it was sounding far better than it did in her head.

"Fine," the girl said placing her hands on her hips.

The cloak moved out of the way reavealing a messenger bag that seemed heavy, looped around the left hand side of her waist were holsters where she kept her five steel daggers, and a specially designed katar attached to her left arm.

Appearance wise she was slim, fit, and had a curious looking tattoo of two black strips on her upper left arm.

"We both go and look for your murderer. I'm sure you can handle having a little girl helping you." She finished her face insisted on him actually agreeing.

She needed to calm down, and get herself back into a more settled mood. Along her way to try and find her way out of the house, she'd convinced herself that her profession brought her here, and caused her more trouble than it's worth.

Now, at the moment Yin could see something else or perhaps it was someone else trying to play a sick game with her. Maybe meeting Fero and his companion was a good thing.

Sighing she looked at him wondering if he'd been walking towards her the entire time since he was right in front of her.

Gribble
04-27-08, 01:16 PM
Fero stopped about a foot away from the girl called “Yin.”

Hmmm this could be a problem having a little girl coming with us. Fero thought to himself

“Paladar, What do you think? Should she come with us or not?” Fero asked

Paladar just looked at the girl and shrugged as to saying why not.

“Ok you can come with us but, you get hurt we are not going to stop and let
you slow us down,” Fero said to Yin.

“And you can take your hand off you dagger, we are not going to hurt you,” Fero added.

This could be a trap Fero thought to himself but the only way to find out is to spring the trap.

“Ok let’s do this, me and you will take the top 2 floors, and Paladar will take the bottom floors”

Fero started up the stairs past Yin

Ugh I’m getting soft Fero thought to him self.

oren
04-27-08, 09:37 PM
Yin nodded turning to follow him back up the stairs. She wasn't too happy about how condescending he was, and it wasn't helping her mood. She was considering to going to back to being a nice person, and apologizing for her attitude, but as it seems he's not interested in being nice either.

She shrugged to his statement as a reply more interested in other things. She'd been rather entranced by the house. Despite the fact it had been lacking care for some time it was beautiful. She looked on the stairs creaked a bit from under their combined weight stepping on it, at one time it must have been polished and stained, the walls around it lighter to accentuate them.

Stepping lightly behind Fero she continued to admire the old house. The anger she harboured against him disipated, and she left her thoughts. Yin looked around the hallway they were in.

"What does your muderer look like?" she asked quietly breaking the silence in the hallway.

She'd returned her hand to her belt taking hold of the hilt of one of the daggers once more just in case she needed to. There were a lot of doubts in her mind about that though. After all Fero did think she was just another little girl, but just incase he turned into a little boy and ran away she kept her fingers curled around the hilt.

The hallways were dark,the air was humid and hot making the pair even more irritable than they would have been. Barely visible to them was the holes in the walls from animals burrowing in, and decay.

Yin tried not to take in a breath, but it felt like there was no ability to breathe. She took the breath anyways, at this point if the two were to start fighting she didn't care, perhaps if they did they could scare the murderer out of hiding. Instead she started coughing when the dust stirred. Waving her hand infront of her face she covered her mouth up to her nose with the turtleneck.

thewriter
04-27-08, 10:39 PM
Narida entered the house through an open window, with Neoku quick to follow. She silently opened the door of the musty room and began looking around. "Now where are you..."she said to herself silently through her white wooden mask. "Neoku, smell anyone? a human man, our target perhaps?"

The wolf set to smelling. He was rather handy on assassinations. All she was told by her client is that there was a man believed to be here accused of murder who needed to be ended. he promised a good price, and in her condition Narida could not pass that up. Food was getting hard to come by, and so were people in need of an assassin.

These peaceable times are both a blessing and a curse, I suppose She thought. If only peaceable times came with full purses for the sinners among us.

The uneasiness in her head was picked up by her pendant. The blood-red stone glowed against the silver backing that held it to its chain around her neck, the light emanating dancing the devil's dance on her dark skin. Angry, she clenched her fist around it. "No, not now," She whispered. "I don't need you now, my life isn't in danger..." she paused. It only did when there was a potential threat around. Did that mean...?

Neoku picked up on a scent. He padded down the hall, keeping his large, but graceful paws silent. She saw a man down the hall, young human with dark hair.

Is this my target? he's dark haired and human...matches the description. He must have been what got my pendant stirring. She unsheathed her crossbow and loaded a bolt.

Time to play cat and mouse.

She let a bolt fly to just barely avoid his leg and ran back down the corner. Neoku stayed long enough for the man to glimpse him before following.

Gods willing, I won't need my pendant. Neoku should be enough, I hope. She told herself as she and Neoku entered a room. She jumped to the ceiling and held herself against it just over the door and Neoku was out of site to those first entering.

Come on, you big fish. Take the bait.

Gribble
04-28-08, 12:06 AM
Before Fero could answer Yin’s question a bolt flew past his leg.

Fero turned just in time to see a dark elf go back around the corner.

Quickly Fero looked at Yin to make sure she was ok.

She seemed to be fine.

“Ok let’s see how good you are. You take the rooms on the right and ill take them on the left” Fero told her

Fero started to walk toward the rooms on the left when he noticed that Paladar was already coming up the stairs to meet them

“Good, Paladar, go with Yin, some one is here but its not the murderer we are looking for and be careful, he has a mutt with him so don’t hurt him, just capture him.”

Paladar just nodded his head toward Fero and then looked at Yin and nodded toward the doors and started walking toward them.

“Yin just yell if you find him” Fero said as he walked into the first room

“Hello? You’re not the person we are looking for, but we will be glad to put you and your mutt to rest if that’s why you are here!”

The first room had nothing in it so Fero walked out of the room and to the next.

ok Oren, Paladar is your ncp for now

thewriter
04-28-08, 12:16 AM
As he walked into the room she dropped down upon him from the ceiling, drew Black Ice and held it to his throat. Neoku sprang out and cut off his escape from the room. "If you are a smart man, you will offer proof that you are not the murderer I was sent to assassinate," She told the man through her white mask. "Also, for pity sake I'm a beast elf, not a dark elf."

"So tell me, man," she paused, and looked him straight in the eyes. "Are you the murderer? And answer wisely, Neoku there has a way with liars."

Gribble
04-28-08, 12:27 AM
"No you silly little elf," Fero said trying not to talk and have his throat sliced "i was also hired to kill the murderer that lives here, and my proof is in my pocket.

Fero was refering to the letter that he had gotten from his client, telling him where to find the house and what the guy looked like

"If you allow me to get up I can show you" Fero said tying not to swollow with fear that he would cut his throat.

thewriter
04-28-08, 12:34 AM
She sighed and lowered her stiletto, temporarily removing her mask. "Neoku, 'nough." The large wolf acknowledged that and went to her side. She eyed him carefully.

"Silly little elf, eh? What's so silly about doing a job that I need to stay alive and to keep my familiar?" Her short fuse was getting shorter. "Furthermore, I don't like your arrogance. It seems we're all here for the same man, it can go easier if we co-operate." She would have continued, but her pendant was starting to glow. Her eyes furrowed. "All I know is that according to my pendant, my life will be in danger shortly, so I'm guessing either your going to try to kill me, or the murderer is nearby. Good luck trying to kill me with Neoku here though. He's twice the size of a normal wolf, and twice as strong as well." She scratched behind his ear.

Only then did she notice his eyes. They were not normal human eyes - they were red and yellow both...He is like me, was her first thought, but she then corrected herself. No, no...he was not shunned from society because of his eyes. His arrogance maybe, but not his eyes.

oren
04-28-08, 04:10 AM
Alright. NPC Paladar is temporarily in my control. Approved by Gribble.

Sorry it's taken me so long to reply. Introducing my friend to the site.

The girl was fine. She hadn't been attacked or anything.

Yin and Paladar were down the hall searching the rooms thoroughly for any hiding spots or secret passages. Yin leaned back on her heels after squatting down to look at something closer.

She looked at Paladar, "Have you found anything yet?"

He had that moment of silence before replying to her. "No."

Being a little bit put off she stood and continued searching trying drawers pressing in little carvings in the walls. Nothing seemed to work, and the two continued on their way through the rooms. Finding it a little too quiet around the house.

"Uh... Paladar is it?" Yin began. "Don't you think we should go back and check on your friend?"

He looked at her for a minute, "Fero?" he shook his head. "No, he'll be fine."

Yin nodded and walked into the next room with him. This room is different compared to the others. It seems to be used and almost clean. The table in the corner has a chair neatly tucked away in it. On top of it seems to be a knife sharpener. Yin frowned looking at the sharpener on the table. Beside it is a fireplace where it still seems to be freshly burnt out.

Looking around the room they can see there are papers of drawings and names of people from around the city. Some have been scratched out, others have been torn out, some are being prepared with notes about how thier daily lives work, and plans on how to dispose of them.

Paladar looks at them analysing the murderer's work. It's apparent to both of them however that this murderer has taken his skill set to another level; becoming a sadistic, and some how obsessive serial killer.

The part of Yin that made her female was horrified at the sight. All of these people had families as far as she knew. She grew up in Scara Brae for part of her life she knew a few of the younger men and women this man awas targeting or had targeted.

She shook her head and looked at Paladar, "I think it's time we reported back to your friend."

"Fero," he said.

"What?"

"His name is Fero."

"Oh, well then let's just report back to him."

Paladar nodded and lead the way returning to the hallway and found Fero, and a mysterious lady. Weapons instantly drawn both asked her the same question.

"Who are you."

thewriter
04-28-08, 05:14 PM
Narida's eyebrow quirked. "My, your friends must be deaf if they didn't hear my crossbow," she said, sliding the mask back on before they could see her face. "I was sure all three of you would come running. And no, I'm not the murderer. I was hired to kill him." Neoku turned to face the two and stayed close to Narida, bearing his large fangs as a warning.

Narida looked over the two. The man she didn't need to pay much attention to but the woman...it made her laugh. This innocent looking girl had a set of knives on her like most human assassins she has seen. She was no different, hers were just hidden in her boots to surprise her enemy. But this one...It seemed strange that this soft-hearted looking woman would take up such a cruel job.

"Pardon, miss - are you an assassin?" She asked. Had to make sure, but by the signs there shouldn't be much of a doubt. Neoku nudged her and she remembered she forgot to mention who she was.

"My name is Narida - I'm a beast elf assassin. This is my companion, Neoku. I'm 142, soon to be 143, and he is only 86, I believe." Truth betold, she was only a teenager in elven standards, but it helped to prove to these humans that she has had more than enough of her experience in fighting, and hoped it meant they would back down. Neoku watched them calmly.

"And you are, sirs and ma'am?" she asked. Tis only fair they return the favor. Until then, she cautiously lowered her blade, whisking it back into its sheath.

Gribble
04-28-08, 08:35 PM
"Well I am Fero McKyler, I was hired to kill this murderer, also." Fero said as he was getting back up off the floor.

"And im pretty sure she can speak for herself." Fero said pointing at Yin.

As Fero stood up he noticed that Narida's eyes were as dark a grey as the blades on his wrist. this he had seen some where befor but couldnt put his finger on it yet.

Oren, i trust you to introduce Paladar since he is still your NPC

thewriter
04-28-08, 09:33 PM
Narida, feeling a bit safer now that Neoku was sniffing around and approved of those around, took the mask off to reveal her full face and removing the black headband that held back her chin length bangs - she didn't appear to need it at the moment.

Her face was a pretty one, despite the oddity of her eyes. while her hands and legs and even her neck bore the occaisional hard-earned scar, her face was kept sanctioned, most likely thanks to the mask. long pointed ears were bare of piercings, but it seemed with how they ornamented the face she needed no jewelry or make up of sorts - it was wild, and in ways rural and unruly, but perhaps that is what was made it so.

Even so, she clutched at her pendant and thought. "What I don't get is why so many people are after him...how many people has he killed anyways? And if we must work together to find him, I ask the humble favor of being the one to behead him and taking a forelock of his hair - if you wish for the bounty after, I won't steal it from you."

She scratched Neoku behind the ear nervously. Mentally, things were not adding up.

oren
04-28-08, 10:15 PM
Yin ignored Fero finding more interest in the female beast elf raising an eyebrow at the question. Nodding her head she lowered the arm with the katar. The blade retracted back into it's sheath on her arm.

"My name is Yin-Li Chen," she said introducing herself to Narida. "Yes I am in part an assassin. I also work as a clairvoyant."

She shifted her shoulders a bit so that her cloak hid her body and bag underneath it. Of course she seemd innocent by appearance, but she was far from it considering her profession.

The man beside Yin straightened nodding to her, "Paladar."

He moved to help Fero up if he needed it retuning to he friends side.

The girl continued to look at Narida tilting her head, her features were so pretty and made her wish she had looks like the beast elf's. Shaking her head from the thought and replied, "I'm not really in search of this murderer. I'd some how ended up here, and met them." She reffered to Paladar and Fero.

Of course now she was considering all she'd seen already. Shifting from one leg to the other she looked around the room.

There was nothing interesting as there was in the other room she and Fero's companion had just been in. This one was plain unused and all the furniture was still covered in white sheets making them look like ghostly figures.

She got lost in her thoughts until she caught part of what Narida said.

'How many people has he killed?' she thought. 'She has a point, wait the other room!'

Finally she just blurted out her thoughts, "In the other room the murderer has his victims planned out."

Combing back her hair she looked at the room. "Paladar and I were just in there, let's just go back and have a look."

thewriter
04-28-08, 10:25 PM
Narida arched a smooth silver eyebrow. "So my meaningless ramblings are not so meaningless? Finally, something good happens!" She brushed by to follow her into the room and picked up some documents.

"The problem here is that I don't see a specific pattern - here, he kills a man in his late thirties by use of poisoned needles, a day later it was a five year old child, no relation to the man, by execution, then he hanged a twenty two year old woman the next day, no relation to either. This murderer is very sketchy - and I'm positive that he has a reason for each, but what it is I can't guess. I was just told he was here and go kill him."

Neoku was nuzzling something under numerous papers. "Hm, little brother?" she cleared the papers away and if it were not for the many years she had to practice keeping calm, she'd have fainted. Neoku had found a blood red amulet that matched hers, and a document that depicted the murder of a beast elf man. "This can't be..."she said, still keeping calm. "I saw this man leave the forests in Corone myself, this man had to either have thrown the ship off course or charmed him back or...augh!" in her short temper she threw the papers away, and collected up the amulet. "So this was what made mine go haywire..." the two glowed in sync. Narida winced, and put the second one away. She couldn't go crazy in here.

"Anything else here of interest?" she asked, rubbing Neoku's muzzle.

Gribble
04-28-08, 10:45 PM
"Its almost as bad as i thought" Fero said with a worried look on his face.

'I dont think that we can take him on alone, even with all of us against him', Fero thought to himself.

"Well one thing you havent noticed is that all the people were killed at night and drained of all their blood," Fero said calmly, "my client wasnt sure about this but said that he might be a rogue vampire, and hes young and new to the vampiric ways, so hes feding like crazy."

'damn it' Fero thought 'new vampire and hes on a killing spree, this aught to be fun.'

"ok since its night time we still have about 4 hours till he gets back, so we should get ready and try to surprise him."

Just then Fero remebered Narida's request back in the other room.

"Umm Narida....if i may ask but why do you want the forelock of this murderers hair?" Fero asked in confusion

thewriter
04-28-08, 11:00 PM
She sighed and shook her head. "You see this?" she said, holding up the stone on her neck and gesturing to where the other went. "This is proof that I am an adult of the Beast Elves, that I earned my right to go where I want to go in this world. You receive it, and then you are told to do three things - find a nature companion to be with you for your entire life, learn what the stone does, and the other...which is of no current importance. I found Neoku when I was in my mid fifties, and a year later we discovered what this does. In life threatening situations, this stone pours its energy into our blood streams and it increases our 5 senses, reflexes, strength, agility, every physical attribute by a staggering amount, giving us a chance to fight back and survive. The catch is afterwards, we are almost fatally dehydrated and malnourished. The other thing is..." She paused to scratch behind Neoku's ear. "Once every ten years, I must return to the village with the hair cut from people who don't deserve to live that I have ended, and offer it in exchange of keeping Neoku alive. I must bring back enough to coat him in full, because in the ceremony he loses his fur so that the new hair that I offer will be attached in its stead. But the day I don't have enough, Neoku dies and I cannot have another companion."

She said this all in a stone cold voice - just because she was explaining in depth on why she needed the hair didn't mean they'd get womanly compassion and tears - 'womanly' 'compassion' and 'tears' were all very foreign to her.

oren
04-29-08, 01:09 AM
Yin looked at the pictures the ramdon killings and then took into consideration what Fero had just said. Her blood ran cold thinking of a vampire being on the loose killing people as food. Biting her lip the thought of a child who probably was looking for their mother made her sick to her stomach. Closing her eyes trying to settle, she thought about something else, then a thought occurred to her about why the murderer could be so random with ages and type of people.

"He get's bored," she said looking at Narida. "Or he likes variety. Maybe searching for his preferred taste."

Paladar looked from her, to his friend, to Narida then back. "What?"

"The reason why he changes between ages and genders," she replied.

The girl assumes that the murderer if he was of the vampire sorts, has no preffered taste in blood. If he really was this new as Fero said then he probably was trying to find his favourite kind of blood. Something like a persons favourite flavour of ice cream.

Taking a breath she brought down the turtle neck figuring all the dust has settled. Looking around she just remembers Fero's suggestion of a trap. This is what leads her to think about how little she knew about vampires. Grant it, this wasn't her level of expertise. She usually dealt with ghosts, daemons, things that go bump in the night, scare the living daylights out of people for kicks- if that was thier intention.

"Alright," she said. "Let's get started on this trap of yours... Fero"

She didn't want to say his name after his attitude towards her, although she did deserve it. To her though, how could men be so cold-hearted? Especially when a woman is stressed out angry and just wants to leave!

Paladar could see her clear frustration with Fero, just to make sure she did not just leap to kill him she stood between the two just in case. If he couldn't hold her back, he was sure the female beast elf could.

Gribble
04-29-08, 05:50 PM
“Ok first, we will need some bait,” Fero said looking at Yin, “I volunteer you; you’re the lightest.”

Fero said this but he didn’t mean it, he really just wanted to see if Yin had what it would take to get out of the way thus proving to Fero that she was what she said she was.

“Then Narida, you hide on the ceiling like you did before, with hunting me,” Fero said this time looking at Narida but knowing she could do her part.

‘Hmmm I could use the dogs scent to get ride of ours’ Fero thought. ‘But he might not have the same scent of the other dogs, being with the beast elf for so long’

“This is a shot in the wild but do you know if you wolf has the same scent as he did when he was first with you?” Fero asked Narida.

‘Hmmm, this might work if we catch him by surprise, just hope he hasn’t feed tonight’

thewriter
04-29-08, 06:04 PM
Narida quirked her eyebrow at the woman. She means to tell me she's an assassin, yet she lets every single emotion play on her face like a public play. Tsk, tsk. Her attention than moved to the curent question at hand.

"Well, honestly if we had Neoku be the bait instead that would be better. He smells like dozens and dozens of people - you do remember that his fur used to be human hair from those I killed, right? They all died scared, so perhaps the feel of fear will draw the scent - those who are scared make easier targets."

"Putting her in that situation would be a mistake," Narida continued. "I can see and smell every emotion that woman has and the second they change is the second I know they changed. If we use her, he'll know its a trap the second he even looks at her, putting both her life and ours in danger."

She glanced to Paladar. "And what of you? what is your part in all this?"

Honestly, she still did not trust Paladar. Perhaps it is because she has not seen him speak much.

Gribble
04-29-08, 10:34 PM
"Dont worry what he thinks hes not the expert here." Fero replied before Paladar could reply

"What you need to worry about is if your dog can get out of there fast enough." Fero stated disappointed that he wasnt going to be able to see Yin in action.

"Since we are going to use Neoku then Yin i want to to stand over by the window and when he comes in we i want you to rip the curtians open revealing the sunlight and blinding him, and hopefully we will have the element of surprise while he is focused on finding Neoku." Fero didnt think this plan would work at all but this is all he could think of off the top of his head.

thewriter
04-29-08, 10:40 PM
Narida let out a sly grin. "Can he get out fast enough, eh? Well, lets put it this way..." She stood to scratch Neoku's head from where he sat. "I am a beast elf. By nature, I run faster than humans by quite a bit. Neoku can run so far ahead of me that I lose sight of him - even if I'm chasing him at my top speed. Trust me, he can get out plenty. All he needs to do is coax him in our direction with the scent anyways. Perhaps if we added blood to his muzzle it will make the vampire think he has a meal waiting for him here..."

She quirked her eye to Paladar. So when I ask the other two a question they respond but when I ask him, he is shushed, eh? Is it because he is quiet or because they don't want him to talk...? Narida took in the information, closing her eyes and thinking, a long ear occasionally twitching as she thought this out in her head.

Azazel Relizic
04-30-08, 11:50 AM
It was around midnight when Azazel decide to head back home, having his stomach filled when he heard the screams of a little girl. His hunger returned and he could not deny it.

Azazel broke into a silent run regardless the 200 pounds he had on, jumping over bushes and aware of all that was around him.

'have not had little girls yet' Azazel thought to himself, 'but so far the best is the beast elf'

Azazel has tried over 20 different kinds of blood all ranging from the old to the young, the black to the white, humans to elves.

As azazel was running he looked up at the almost full moon,'Two more nights,'
Azazel thought, 'and I will be invincible'

He could smell blood as the little girl came into view, the girl was in the middle of a meadow with a cut on her head with a little blood trickling down her forehead.

She looked to be about 8 or 9 years old, she smelled scared but a little like a wolf, when she opened her mouth he could smell what she had eaten for lunch, and it made his stomache rumble even more.

Azazel stopped about 10 feet away from the frightned little girl

"What are you doing out here little one?" Azazle asked the girl.

"Im lost," the girl replied, "I cant find my mommy"

Azazel looked around, there wasnt a town around for 10 miles at least.

"How did you get out here?"
"I dont know, i went to sleep with my mom and i woke up here, im scared."
"Dont worry, it will all be better soon." Azazel said walking towards her....

thewriter
04-30-08, 05:08 PM
Neoku lifted his head and let loose a low, spiteful growl. "Hold it there Neoku, what's wrong?" Narida asked him. But before that could get answered he took the other beast elf amulet in his jaws and crunched down so hard it shattered in his mouth. Narida quickly covered her face with her mask - before any of the others could see her wince as she fell and rolled to the side. She knew what that meant, only because it was specified in scriptures, that the companion would crush the nearest stone, even if it had to be the amulet of his friend. He needed to talk.

When she had recovered, she looked at the others. "He needs to tell me something - something that tone of voice and body language can't tell me. Do you mind if we leave the room a moment?"

Gribble
04-30-08, 06:41 PM
"Um yeah sure, but make it fast, we dont need him coming back and we are unprepared." Fero replied, he was curious on how she was going to talk to Neoku. He has never heard of a beast that could talk before, in any form to a human or an elf.

thewriter
04-30-08, 09:01 PM
Narida nodded. "Thank you." She and Neoku left the room for one just across the hall. This was the third and second to final time she could perform this rite, but it must be done if Neoku was so urgent as to forget that he was breaking the amulet that had bonded a beast elf to his companion as they were bound.

She closed the door behind them, and took the amulet from her neck, getting on her knees and placing over both their necks. He sat patiently as she began.

Narida took her stiletto and slit the skin on her forehead. the blood poured out down a single drop that traced its way down the bridge of her nose. Neoku licked the wound that was made, and when he had made contact with the wound itself, the amulet glowed and the two held still - their minds were connected for a minute and a minute alone, where they could understand each other in speech, for thoughts are not thought in any specific tongue - they just are.

My apologies for my haste, sister He thought to her. His thoughts were in her native language now, a very low and buttery tone - Narida always did like it. We don't have long, so I'll be frank. You know of the wolf-people, do you not?

Of course - their line is half-kin to the beast elves. Why is that important?

I smell one of their kind coming. Only, he is only half. I smell his muzzle is moist with blood. We don't have much time.

Are you saying this is our vampire?

I'm saying that he is a danger to your life as well as mine. Vampire or no, his scent gets stronger every minute, so we must decide to fight or flee, now.

Should I warn the others?

Do their lives matter to you?

with that said, their minute was up. Narida opened her eyes and took the amulet back around only her neck. Neoku looked at her with soft gold eyes. He meant what he told her, else he would not have bothered to perform the rite. She nodded to him, and opened the door, covering her face with her mask once more, so the cut on her forehead had time to heal - the communication between a beast elf and their companion is a long kept secret - no hint can be given.

"We have a problem on our hands," She told the others as she walked in. "And not much time to do something about it."

Gribble
04-30-08, 09:17 PM
"More of a problem than this vampire?" Fero retorted, "What ever this problem of yours is its going to half to wait till we solve this one."

When Fero said this he ment the their scents were all over the room and even if they left right now the vampire would hunt them down and kill them either way.

As Fero thought about this trap they were going to try to do he noticed that Paladar wasnt at his side, which was kinda odd.

"Paladar, is there something that disturbs you?" Fero asked

With that Paladar lunged towards Fero with a knife outstreched towards Feros jugular....

Azazel Relizic
04-30-08, 10:00 PM
After Azazel was done feeding on the little girl he slowly cut off the little girls toes and fingers with one of his daggers, the left fang, and put them into a bag.

"I want you to kill Nexitia Palamas,"

Azazel kept thinking this over in his head, as he ran silently trough the night towards the little town of Westbery, the town his "house" was locted past.

He thought about this as he ran cause this could be the link to his past,
'How could he know that i lost my memory?'

This still stumped him to the fullest, he could not think of a way this strange man could know this information about him.

'he could be psychic, but i think in Lycan most of the time not a lot of people know that language.'

As Azazel entered the town he slowed to a walk on the streets. the good thing about this town is that the yards are close to the roads. Azazel reached into the bag and pulled out the fingers and toes and threw them into a yard so that incase the patrols came looking in this town for the kids and people they would stop at this house and end their search finding the lost limbs.

'Great plan' Azazel thought to himself.

As he exited out of the town he ran again the last mile to his house where he stopped.

'The gate is never open'

thewriter
04-30-08, 10:48 PM
Before the knife touched Fero's throat, Narida grabbed his wrist in a strength that most could not understand, for unlike most elves, beast elves had strength and stealth rather than abilities with magic that did not keep them in tune with nature. She wrenched his arm around, breaking it, while Neoku tackled him with his ears back and long teeth bared. But before anything could be done otherwise, Narida casually took out her stiletto and slit his throat as though it were nothing. Some blood spurted from the slicing point, but that was about it. Neoku got off the body, while Narida cleaned her blade. Then, she went down to his head, and began slicing the hairs.

"Oh lords of the forest, earth, and beasts, hear my vow fulfilled and word kept strong," She began, her voice low but still audible. "I offer to you the soul of an unworthy human, who has commited wrongs to the rights of nature and co-existance of man. I bid you, bless my companion and take this fur of Man-" She finished slicing and held the tuft. "-So that we may not be parted. Ya'kha."

Yet just as she reached to put the tuft in her pack, Neoku used his massive body to surround her, growling and baring his teeth. The look in his eyes told her what was happening.

"You know that problem I was talking about earlier?" She said. "Neoku tells me a half-Lycan was approaching this place and he had recently drank someone's blood. We have reason to believe this is our vampire. And guess what?" she tightened her mask and quietly drew her crossbow, fitting it with steel bolts that had silver tips. Then, she said, almost in a whisper, "He's here."

Gribble
05-01-08, 05:10 PM
still in shock.....

thewriter
05-01-08, 05:37 PM
She growled much like Neoku did and got Fero up off his feet, shoving his sword in his hand. "Stupid, foolish humans! you get your life in ONE situation where its in danger, and they freeze up like ice in the north!"

she moved a few knives from her boots to her belt. "You can sit here frozen if you want. I have a job to do, hair to collect, and a man to kill." With that, she left the room with Neoku at her side.

(Sorry for the short post, wasn't given much to work with.)

Azazel Relizic
05-01-08, 05:38 PM
Azazel sprinted through the yard and stopped against a wall.

From here he could smell everthing inside the house, the was a beast elf, a young woman, a young man, a wolf trying to hide its odor, and lots of blood.

'Paladar, i see you have brought people here for me, and a beast elf, tasty, i shall leave you for last' Azazel thought

Azazel smelled closer and he could tell where at in the house they were.

He looked up to the third floor and leaped up in a single bound, entered silently in the broken window.

He looked out of the room and blood tricking down out of the room across the hall, it was almost unbearable, then he noticed that it was Paladars blood.

'You have failed me'

As he walked across the room he could see the shadows of the people in the next room....

'time to strike' Azazel thought as he pulled out his daggers and unhooked a couple of knives

Gribble
05-01-08, 05:46 PM
Fero snapped out of his frozen state just in time to catch Narida before she walked out the room.

"No," he whispered, "hes in the rooms up here already"

Fero put his sword back on his back and made sure his blades were snuggly attached to his arms.

"We all go at the same time. Have Neoku smell him out. Then we strike"

Fero didn't know what to do, he thought he would have more time to plan this but it seems like he only had a breif time to get this ready, his plan required Paladar but it seems like that plan was gone.

Physically he was ready for this fight, having Narida help was a great asset to this fight, her with her strength and Fero with his agility, He was feeling better about this fight.

"Ok, have him go out and search"

thewriter
05-01-08, 06:16 PM
"No...that is not my way of fighting," She told him. "A good assassin waits for the bait to come to them. You go ahead, go out and fight him if you wish. But he knows where we are, what race and gender we are, and what room we are in. We either prepare to fight in here, or we're through."

With that said, Narida leaped to the ceiling, holding herself just above the door by pressing her legs against the adjacent walls, and preparing a crossbow shot. Neoku was preparing to jump out if the shot failed.

"Whatever you do, stay silent," She whispered to him.

Azazel Relizic
05-01-08, 07:59 PM
as the shadows in the room moved about one of them, the beast elf, went towards the door but the male grabbed her before she could leave.

"No, hes in the rooms up here already"
"We all go at the same time. Have Neoku smell him out. Then we strike"
"Ok, have him go out and search"
This was the human male talking

"No...that is not my way of fighting, A good assassin waits for the bait to come to them. You go ahead, go out and fight him if you wish. But he knows where we are, what race and gender we are, and what room we are in. We either prepare to fight in here, or we're through."

this time it was the beast elf

Azazel sniffed the air and smell blood coming from the beast elf, the smell was almost unbearable, he had to have some more of the beast elf blood that was so sweet and tangy,

well it was well known that if he walks into that room he will get shot by the beast elf trying to hide in the corner ceiling.

Then Azazel had a brilliant idea....

Gribble
05-01-08, 08:48 PM
"There is no point in whispering anything, he can hear far better than even your pointy ears can." Fero retorted angry because they had no time to prepare for the attack and didn't have the element of surprise.

'Fine do what you will you stupid little elf,' Fero thought to himself, he didn't actually say this cause he still needed the elf on his side.

He walked over to Paladars dead body and picked up his knife, and sliced a decent size wound in his forearm, the blood started pouring out

As the blood dripped down his arm he used the other hand and started to write on one of the walls:

I'm going to try to use the smell of my blood to get the vamp to come in here, he might let his hunger overcome him and rush in and also those arrows wont kill him but may catch him my surprise

thewriter
05-01-08, 11:19 PM
Narida looked surprised, but only tightened her mask and knew something right then and there - the body of the beast elf was especially dried out. he loved the blood of beast elves. Casually, she pricked her finger on the end of one of her bolts and carelessly let it dribble till it dropped with a sweet plunk on the floor just in front of the door.

Neoku smelled her blood and gave her a worried look. She shot a look back at him through her mask along the lines of I am called the Living Ghost for my eyes. How can a vampire kill what is already dead?

"He cannot kill...what is already dead." She said, almost inaudible, before loading in a second bolt with the first. The drop of her blood should have enticed him much more than the scent of the human's blood.

Azazel Relizic
05-02-08, 01:13 PM
Azazel went to go put his plan into motion, he put his daggers away and grabbed his sword of his back, it was huge and a normal human would have to use most of his strength to hold it up, let alone weild it.

He took off running toward the outside wall of the room across the hall from his, when he smelled the human blood getting stronger.

Then the smell of the beast elf's blood stopped him dead in his tracks.

'ohhh, that smells incredible'

"I hope you know that im going to kill you last" he yelled

With that he took off running again at the wall with his sword

'if this works then she will be flung off the wall'

He held his sword sideways and slammed it against the wall, the wall the elf was against. his sword left a huge impression in the wall, the wall shook, alomst cracked in half, along with most of the house

Hopefully this would disloge the elf from her hiding place.

thewriter
05-02-08, 05:53 PM
Narida shook and almost fell in front of the door. Her hand caught the edge of his sword, making it bleed, but she pulled herself up and managed to fire a shot at the vampire through the crack in the wall before pushing off, though in the rushed aim it only grazed him. Neoku immediately got in front of her, snarling with the hairs standing on end.

"Does that smell good, Mosquito of Men?" Narida taunted, noting the blood dripping from her hand. "Does it smell as good as my dead kin? Or is it better?"

Calmly, she opened the door to find him. But she did not attack. She had a bolt loaded, but the crossbow was in position. The sword had knocked her mask off, showing the beauty of her face. Casually, she pricked another finger, and walked slowly up to him, till there was barely an inch separating him from her. She waved the bloody hand about tauntingly.

"Now don't you eat your dessert first," She said mockingly. "You'll spoil your appetite."

Azazel Relizic
05-02-08, 09:39 PM
The arrow grazed Azazels arm but he didnt even feel the pain, the only way he knew it knicked him was cause he could smell the blood from the little girl he recently feed on.

'Now don't you eat your dessert first'

"Haha i dont have to eat you as soon as i kill you, i can wait up to an hour after i kill you till your blodd starts to get cold and nasty, but yes it does smell good, actually it smells amazing"

With amazing speed only known to those of Lycan and vampires he snatched the bowgun out of the beast elfs hands and snapped it in half with ease.

He dropped it and before it hit the ground he throw a punch at the beast elfs chest, the punch was not ment to kill but more as to stun and push her back so he could gain entry to the room.

thewriter
05-02-08, 09:57 PM
His people are all the same,She thought as she grabbed his fist when he out-thrust it to hit her. It still knocked her back some and hurt, but she had a solid hold on his arm.

I better move quickly.

With that done, she swung around behind him to latch onto his back his arm still in her hand restraining the attacks he could use. Her legs wound around his torso and her feet locked together over his mid-section, and while her strong arm was busy trying to hold back his arm, her weaker arm snuck a boot knife and pushed the blade up to his neck.

"You don't smell that bad either - you could probably feed my wolf for a few days," She said, still holding an arrogant, mocking tone to try and provoke him to stupidity or flaws. It often was a common trait among vampires. In the mean time, she was more concerned with staying on his back more than anything right now. Her palm was sending blood trickling down his neck as it tried to keep the knife pressed to his throat. The cut was stinging, but she paid it no mind. Tend to wounds after the battle and live, or stop mid-battle and die. she liked living.

Azazel Relizic
05-02-08, 10:18 PM
The pointy ears grabbed his hand before he could land the punch and jumped on his back and held a knife to his throat

"Haha you think that can kill me" he said laughing it off

With his free hand he reached up to the her knife and grabbed it by the blade and jerked it out of her hand.

He threw it at the human man who was just standing there. but with the girl on him his aim was off and missed by centimeters.

But before he could take this human out he had to take the elf out

He reached up and grabbed the elf by her forearm and slung her across the room.

Azazel reached up and felt the blood flowing down his neck.

"You cant kill what is already dead"

Taking his knifes and unstrapping his throwing knifes and lunged at the elf

thewriter
05-02-08, 10:31 PM
Narida commanded Neoku to stay out of the fight with a quick motion and ducked the lunge, throwing a knife of her own towards his mid-section. "My name is Narida of the Beast Elf tribe - I am the Living Ghost. You cannot kill a ghost," She retorted. "And there's more."

Her amulet pulsed. Damn, I better make this quick before it activates... "My wolf tells me you are half Lycan. You are akin with the wolves. The Beast Elves and Lycans formed a pact forty years ago in friendship, in which neither side can attack or kill one another without starting a war. I don't care that you are a vampire now, but you are still part Lycan! You must STILL abide the pact!" Her gray eyes moved from the shade of calm mist to that of the smoke of fire. "So go ahead, Mosquito of Men! Kill me, suck my blood! But you'll have so many after you, it won't make a difference. There are ways to end a vampire, and we know them all."

She took out her stiletto, and was almost ready to command Neoku. "So what will it be?"

Azazel Relizic
05-02-08, 10:55 PM
Azazel caught the knife by the blade.

"No not the rage of the wanna be elfs, you are a dying breed" Azazel mocked

"And besides,, havent i already started a war? I have killed one of your already, also i dont have the wolves of the vampire with me, they all are disgraced by me."

while Azazel was talking he slowly reached for his throwing knives, trying to draw out the time, she should jump into action anytime soon.

"See it all statrted When i was about 20', azazel stated the story, "i have been a Lycan all my life, but when i was 20 i was sent out by my council members to kill some vampires that had tryed to take over some of our land,

so me and 3 others were sent to take care of them....

oren
05-02-08, 10:56 PM
Sorry I haven't replied in a while I've beem lacking inspiration.

Yin looked around completely lost about what just happened. One minute every one was in the room and now Paladar was dead, the beast elf was elsewhere, and Fero well she really couldn't have cared less about where he went.

Jumping when the house shook she looked around. Could that be the intended target? If it was perhaps she should go and have a look. After all what was the harm. If he attacked her she'll just defend herself.

Slowly, and quietly drifting down the halls she finally found thier vampire. Yin studied him as he retracted his blade from the wall. Seeing the door open she could see Narida or at least she thought it was her. Frowing, she could see that the female beast elf decided not to attack him. What was her intention? Or was there something about her that made her so confident that she could kill this vampire. What ever it was, there was no way that she could escape without being hurt.

She continued to watch, and study the back of this particular characters head. From what she could see, well built, obviously male, jet black hair, with a tan? That can't be right, can it? Vampires usually lose the tan from thier skin since they cannot go out into the sunlight, but this one did, maybe he was a new fledgeling after all. The young clairvoyant was more than intrigued by this predator of sorts. She smiled continuing to take mental notes before shifting to disappear. She had enough to start a new strand of research.

With the excitement of having a new opportunity open up to her she'd forgotten completely about the facts about the house being old, and the floors creeked with every step she took. Cringing, she silently cursed.

'Stupid Yin you forgot the the house is OLD,' she thought.

thewriter
05-02-08, 11:00 PM
Narida threw a knife at the vampire, then signaled to Neoku that he is in now too. The wolf gladly burst from the roof to go to Narida's side, growling low and threateningly. "I'm not here for stories. And we are few, not dying. I can name dozens of villages I've been to," She responded coolly. "But these eyes, you see? These are my strength. So long as I have these eyes, you cannot kill me. So long as they are the gray of ghosts, I am whole. So long as the spirits that blessed me stay with me, your hatred cannot kill me."

Neoku silently padded forward to take him along another side while Narida drew here enameled stiletto.

Azazel Relizic
05-02-08, 11:10 PM
Azazel grabbed the other knife out of the air, he paused cause he thought the he heard the floors creak but then it was silent again.

"well one, you are few and if you are anything like them then i should be able to take yall out by myself"

Azazel was looked around and noticed that there was another smell but it was coming from behind him.

"know as i was saying, the 3 of us went to a little patch of woods to find these vampires when we were ambushed at once, there was more of them than we anticipated, we were overcome and before i knew it the other two had fallen before the vampires...."

Gribble
05-02-08, 11:17 PM
Fero was sittinging the back of the room listing to the story, he had planned on helping the elf but for some reason found himself unable to help her, maybe it was the curiousosity he felt about the Lycan telling his story about how he came to be.

"wait let him tell his story" the words came out of his mouth befre he could stop them

of course the elf would not let him finish his story, maybe this was all thought up by the Lycan, trying to distract them while he made his move.....

thewriter
05-02-08, 11:21 PM
No, don't fall for it! Narida screamed mentally. She had to keep calm, and as much as she hated it, listen to his story. But that did not mean for one second that she let down her guard. Neoku noted this and stayed equally tense.

"A dying breed, but the strongest of the elves, the sturdiest," She argued back. "We don't hide behind walls and use magic. We aren't afraid to get our hands dirty - they are dirty from the second we enter the world. You cannot kill us, not alone."

Azazel Relizic
05-02-08, 11:35 PM
"Hmm i suposse you are right, i may not be able to kill them alone am I? but then again, im not alone"

"Now let me continue, we were ambushed and the died, but the vampires kept me alive and took me back to their "leader", after some time they came to my cage they held me in and knocked me out, then when i woke up i wasnt in my wolf form and couldnt go into it at will anymore, i was told that i had become one of them and that i would no longer be accepted by the Lycan, my family, so i killed them all, all the vampire that made me into what i am today, a half breed, but i am the most powerful half-breed there ever has been"

with that Azazel threw the beast elves blades back at her followed by some of his own, he also took his knives out and ran full speed, faster that the average human eye can follow, straight at the elf.

thewriter
05-02-08, 11:45 PM
Narida and Neoku dodged them easily. "So THIS is the power of the most-powerful half-breed? I was dodging knives like that ever since I was thirteen!"

"And my my, aren't you a sweet-heart - you're shunned by society, so you kill everyone. I'm sure your ancestors are looking down at you and are so proud of the decision you made."

But the situation was so like hers...he had a trait that many people in society resented him for, so they shunned him. Much like her. the gray eyes came with the price of banishment save once every ten years to keep Neoku.

"Sounds more like a spoiled child to me. Blaming it on everyone but himself....so pitiful...so weak. If that past is true, then your right, you can try to take down my people. But lets put it this way - I know village children that have been stronger than you."

Without warning she threw some of his knives back at him. "So suck on that instead of your thumb, spoiled little babe." Her tone was bare of compassion. It was cold, hard, angry, and most of all, challenging. She wanted him to show her his real power - then her own would be activated and this half-breed whelp wouldn't stand a chance.

Gribble
05-02-08, 11:49 PM
every thing seemed to be going so fast, the only thing staying still seemed to be the wolf, without hesitation Fero ran over to him

"i didnt know what i was getting myself into" Fero said, not to anyone imparticular, but mostly to himself.

Fero still had his blades strapped to his arms, ready to defend himself if it shall come to it and the elf die

Azazel Relizic
05-02-08, 11:52 PM
"no you elf this is not my power, you want to see power?

"KILL NOW" Azazel yelled out

Towards, Fero

Gribble
05-02-08, 11:55 PM
as soon as Fero heard these word, he seemed to know that it was directed towards him and he felt the same paralysis effect that he was under just a couple moments ago, he could not control his body nor his actions, he reached around the wolf ready to kill it

thewriter
05-02-08, 11:58 PM
(okay, HOLD UP. you did NOT ask permission to kill my wolf, and its not fair to me. Nor would i grant you permission to kill my wolf. And if you read my ENITRE profile, the one that's many pages long, you would have known that when one dies, so does the other - meaning you just killed Narida too. So either change the action, or I'm out of the RP. I don't mean to sound upset at this, but I'm used to people reading full profiles/asking me before they kill characters under my control.)

Gribble
05-03-08, 12:03 AM
(better? and i am sorry bout that)

oren
05-03-08, 12:04 AM
I'd watch it next time if you guys want to have freelance control of characters just get agree to bunny. But watch it with the killing I don't think anyone wants their characters to die so have the consent as well.

thewriter
05-03-08, 12:12 AM
(much, much better. Thank you. Again, I apologize for blowing up.)

Neoku leaped away snarling, and lunged back on him holding down the hand with the knife with one of his gigantic paws, the other limbs holding down the rest of the body.

"So, you plan on controlling me?" She said. "You can only control a mind that thinks. A mind free of compulse and impulse. Free of brash thoughts. Because to control a mind, you have to control its thinking...but that won't happen for you."

She popped the stone of her pendant in her mouth and waited.

Three.

Pum, pum

Two.

Pum, pum

One.

Pum, pum

Her eyes shot open, no longer gray but blood red. you could hear and see her heart pulsing in her chest. Her veins went thick, and her muscles tensed, all the stronger. her ears twitched violently now and then. A change was coming about Neoku as well. From atop Fero, he was foaming at the mouth, his eyes went red too, and a similar change went underway.

Then, there was a loud howl. From both of them. Narida's fingernails grew long and sharp as claws, her teeth lengthened, and soon she and Neoku both were after the vampire, a speed almost untraceable to the human eyes.

And for once, the beauty had turned to madness.

Azazel Relizic
05-03-08, 12:22 AM
As the elf and wolf ran towards him Azazel smoothly dropped to the floor and they sailed over the top of him.

He jumped back up before they even landed and had his blades toward their throats.

"know let me finish my little story, on my return to the Lycan village i was asked how my mission wen tand where my comrads were, i told them that they were slain in battle, i didnt however tell them about me being bitten by one of them.

every thing seemed to go by fine until they asked me to demonstrate to the kids on how to turn into our wolf form and control it, of course i wasnt able to because it was not a full moon, so the council called upon me and made me tell them everything that happened, i endded up telling them and i was banished from the village, never to return"

thewriter
05-03-08, 12:29 AM
In her frenzy, those blades were not held to her throat for more than a second before she knocked the blades from his hands and tackled him to the ground, her claws pressed to his jugular.

He didn't get it did he? She wasn't understanding a word he was saying just now. She was past insanity and madness, so pumped with adrenaline the only thing that mattered to her was killing what threatened her life so much. This story was flying right over her head.

Azazel Relizic
05-03-08, 12:42 AM
'Hmm guess she doesnt want to hear my story, then guess its time to be serious'

as Azazel lay on the ground with her on top of him he wrapped his legs around her and flipped himsef on top of her, now she was on the ground and he was on top, he reached for one of his throwing knives and held her down on the ground and pressing the blade against her throat making blood trickle down it

oren
05-03-08, 12:57 AM
S'alright thewriter. Just watch it with your character Gribble. I'm not a judge, but if he suddenly has communication with Azazel that they are on the same side you better state how this agreement happened.

Yin turned to see knives glitter through the random beams of light as they miss thier intended target and hit the wall. Impressive if the vampiric lycan dodged all that.

Something stopped all her thoughts, it scared her. Chills of fear went down her spine, the hair at the back of her neck standing. Yin had never heard howls up close, and it made her body not want to move. Her mind on the other hand was trying to get it to move so she could get away. Closing her eyes it occurred to her then who it could be. She was forcing herself to analyse the sounds in her mind. Realizing that this was actually Narida she stepped in and watched.

Shaking the dark mop above her head and looked at Narida, she knelt down looking into the woman's crimson eyes. The pale-green was much more calming to look at, and Yin had no intention of harming her. It was a rarity to see Yin so calm in a situation like this one but she had to do something even if it got her killed.

"Don't bother killing him," she said softly, "You know he's not any match to you, let him live out his meager existance."

The girl was more than right about letting him live. She could feel her arm starting to hurt feeling the need to release one of her powers upon Azazel. He had enough of a soul she could take away.

Yin continued to look at her, if she could calm Narida down they could just leave, this would be over. Forget the money that they could earn killing him, she just did not want to see the other woman stress her body out to the point where she can't leave when she's done and other with.

"Please trust me?" she asked kindly.

The small figure trembled a little, Yin truely was scared for the first time since childhood.

Yin knew the consequences of getting hurt, would that really matter in these circumstances? No, but a fellow assassin was about to do something not worth doing, and it was a good enough reason to care.

Even after all these thoughts Yin kept her gaze locked with Narida's.

thewriter
05-03-08, 03:23 PM
Narida could not be held down so easy. Her strength and speed were too much for this mere attempt to hold her down. She kicked him off so violently that he was thrown against the opposing wall. Neoku was on him, and bit down as hard as he could on the man's throwing arm, snapping the bones easily, then running back to defend his mistress.

"Don't bother killing him," That woman said. "You know he's not any match to you, let him live out his meager existence."

Something happened to Narida that had not happened to her in a long, long time. She had listened. In her feral frenzy, those words stuck out. It was like the Rage state was starting to wear off. She fought it, and lashed out at the vampire, landing some flesh wounds with her claws...

"Please trust me?"

It was now, that the blood red of her eyes met Yin's. She lost the Rage now, and she knew it. She couldn't control it. How this woman had the power to make it stop, to subdue it, she didn't know. All she knew is that the red left her eyes as well as Neoku's, and slowly gray came back like smoke rising from a dead fire. Her knife-long claws seemed to die and it fell of in pieces till it was back down to her normal-length, ragged nails. The fangs did the same, back down to simple white teeth. Her pulse slowed, her veins quieted. Finally, the red left her eyes as she blinked away two tears of blood. Suddenly, she fell. Her body and Neoku's just dropped. The Exhaustive state settled.

"You have no idea...what you've just done," she said in a quiet voice. "He'll kill me now...I'm dangerously malnourished..and dehydrated...my blood will lose it's sweet taste...can't move..."

Neoku fought hard to crawl next to her, yet only made the progress of a few feet before he had to give up.

Azazel Relizic
05-03-08, 03:46 PM
As the wolf bite down on his arm he felt the first actual pain he has felt since he was turned.

Then the elf scratched him, which didnt feel to pleasent

then for some reason when the human girl talked to the elf she changed back to normal,

"You have no idea...what you've just done,He'll kill me now...I'm dangerously malnourished..and dehydrated...my blood will lose it's sweet taste...can't move..."

'Hmm her blood will lose its taste, hmmm that wont be good, but if she goes back into that state she was in then i could be finished'

With that Azazel pulled out his sword with the hand, the one that wasnt broken, to a normal human this task would be impossible, but the vampire and lycan in him gave him incredible strength, and he swung it towards the elf.

but he stopped with it inches from her face,

'This is to easy' he thought to himself,

he turned to look at the girl in the hallway that said something to the elf to make her go back to normal

"Why did you do it?"

he looked back at the elf but she was to weak to move away and he resumed his stare at the elf waiting for an answer from the girl

thewriter
05-03-08, 04:05 PM
Neoku tried to move when he saw the blade swing down, but couldn't. Narida's breath hitched as she prepared for death.

But it didn't come.

This angered her slightly. "Look at me, you damned vampire," She said, mustering all the voice she could. "If I move, I will kill myself. I need food and water soon, or I'll still die. You won. You can have your drink and slurp it too. So why haven't you killed me? I can't even put up a fight..."She then coughed up some blood. She felt dizzy.

"If you don't kill me, exhaustion, dehydration, undernourishment and blood loss will," She noted. "Unless someone is going to be charitable enough to bind my wounds and fetch my bag which has my rations and water."

Narida closed her eyes and sighed. "But I do not fear death," She said. "I am an elf - I've stared death in the face many times and made away from it. Death confuses me, but it does not scare me. So choose now - help me live, or kill me now and spare me and Neoku the painful way to die."

Azazel Relizic
05-03-08, 11:09 PM
"Shut up" Azazel snarled at the elf, "you won't die in the next couple minutes from exhaustion, i want her to tell me why she helped me"

Azazel was really confused, he thought that if he killed the elf then one of the humans would take advantage and attack him from behind, but even though they were just humans they could still kill him so he had to excerise extreme caution

Sublime
05-04-08, 03:20 AM
Galdrix had heard from a tip that there was an abandoned house somewhere in the general location. A perfect hideout to plot out his next moves! He had traveled quite far to reach this place but he knew it would be worth it. Any kind of base of operations would be extremely helpful.

As he approached the back he found that it didn't seem to be quite "abandoned". He heard sounds that he couldn't quite make out. Shrugging, he gently lifts himself through barrier-less window.

If some monster hunters were here he would have to try and eliminate them. He couldn't let anyone ruin such a wonderful find as this.

thewriter
05-04-08, 03:44 AM
Neoku yipped. Then, suddenly, she understood why. The smell of sewer washed into her nose. Or one that dwells in it.

"Well you'll have to wait to get your answer...someone has come..."

oren
05-04-08, 03:46 AM
Yin helped Narida taking out her water canteen an pouring some water into the lid. She wante the elf to leave the place alive with her familliar. Reamaining in her position so that she could pour more water for the fellow assassin, Yin looked at Azazel deciding to answer him.

"Helping you is not my intention," she said looking at narida making sure she has enough water to hydrate herself. "You're just another killer that likes press the buttons of others in order to get a fight."

The criticsm had a disgusted tone attached to it. She gave her water canteen to Narida to just drink water from it instead of her pouring water all the time she stood up. Another problem arose as far as she understood.

The house was old, it took a fair amount of expertise to walk through it without making any creeks or sounds. However this new person was moving they were going through the house undetected except to those who had heightened senses.

Looking from Narida and Azazel, she assume that both had sensed the entrance of a new adversary. She couldn't sense anything herself so anything that happened here on in, she had to rely on them.

Sublime
05-04-08, 04:09 AM
Galdrix keeps a silent, crouched approach. He thought he heard voices. Indeed, this place was not abandoned after all. He was hoping that some rogues and thieves have already made this their home, perhaps they would allow him into their gang. But something definitely told the lizardman otherwise.

Were those voices...feminine? Definitely a gender extremely rare among the cutpurses and scoundrels of society. But not so rare among among the typical justice seekers he encountered before.

Galdrix reaches into his claw sheath and silently slides the weapon out and holds it close to his bent, small frame.
He became aware of a problem however, as there was not much room to hide inside a house. That problem however was miraculously solved as his large eyes landed upon a wide gap in the floor.

He snickered and took a step in. The space below the floor was high enough to support his short height and was below the entire first floor. He wasn't so sure if the voices came from the floor inches above his head or up on a higher level, but any ambush spot, anywhere was something very useful in an indoor place.

He now begins to huddle along to the underside of the room adjacent. There didn't seem to be any sound coming directly out of the boards above. Perhaps the occupants were on a higher level...

The lizards eyes pace back and forth as he looks around the old, web covered place.

A shaft..

thewriter
05-04-08, 05:18 PM
Narida took the water gratefully. "Neoku..."She coughed. "Give some to Neoku...then please, I'm losing too much blood..."

The stench grew horribly stronger. Suddenly, she remembered it. That time ago in Hooligan's Grotto...

"Gods be damned, not this one..." she said quietly

Sublime
05-04-08, 07:02 PM
The shaft seemed to lead to the very top of the complex. An old pipe ran down its center but it seemed sturdy enough to the touch.
Galdrix straps the claw to his knuckles and grabs hold of the pipe and slowly ascends, his back supported against a wall.
When the second floor was parallel he saw that there a space to huddle through, a passage exactly the same as the one on the first floor to reach the shaft. Seeing that, he then knew that the shaft connected to all the undersurfaces of the floors in the house.
When he climbed to the next floor, the third one, he stops. There was a sense of presence here, a slight creaking in the panels in this level.

oren
05-04-08, 08:08 PM
Yin found something to put the water in for Neoku and set it down for him before kneeling back down to look at Narida's wound. Biting her lip she was lucky she'd avoided getting an injury like hers.

"I have something to stop the bleeding for now," she fully opened up the messenger bag and took out a medical kit.

It was small but carefully packed an stuffed to the brim. The kit was well used, worn from travel and weather. Opening it inside there were several rolls of bandages and a jar of a curious looking paste. Taking out a few rolls she bandaged the the elf woman, taking the time to deal with the wound properly an neatly.

Helping her up, and supporting her weight she looked around "Let us get out of here."

She looked at Neoku, "Can you please lead the way?"

Yin wasn't sure about how to communicate with the wolf, but improvising on how to get out of this house. She was now on alert trying to catch anything that was moving around the house. She couldn't unerstand why she couldn't find them at all. The girl was ready to have her wrist blade come out and defend if she has to.

Slowly beginning to move she really wanted to get Narida out and to a healer. Yin could carry the elf on her back she was strong enough to do that, and it would be faster.

"Narida," she said, "Let me carry you on my back it's faster."

There was also quite a height difference which added to her reasoning. She didn't want to bend over anymore.

thewriter
05-04-08, 08:56 PM
Neoku got up and stretched. He was obviously very tired still, but he gulped down all the water he could, and wearily made his way down the stairs, gesturing with his tail for Yin to follow.

"Thank you..."Narida said quietly, feeling sleep begin to drift after the bandaging had settled. "Why is it you are saving me? I met you nigh an hour ago."

Azazel Relizic
05-04-08, 08:59 PM
"Wow, where do you think your going?" Azazel said putting his blade in front of the two females.

"If you know this creature that comes here then tell me what he wants,"

Azazel was contemplating letting them go but the urge for the elfs blood was almost to great, almost.

"And if you want to get out of this house then you have to go a special way, not back down the stairs."

Azazel relized that he could not kill the elf or humans because it was to easy, he liked a challange

Sublime
05-04-08, 09:00 PM
"I have something to stop the bleeding for now,"

The soft voice confirmed his suspicions.

This was the floor the intruders were on..

Galdrix knew what was to be done now. His tail smoothly draws out a cutlass without a sound and he slides into the space below the floor. He figured that perhaps one with a very sensitive nose would probably have sensed with presence. But perhaps not sensitive enough to sniff out his very approach as the musty floor which had a old, strong smell of its own proved to be a pretty good scent nullifier.

His eyes and ears carefully surveyed the undersurface and it wasn't difficult to find a spot where the aged floor creaked. Because the floor was so weathered in age, there were tiny little worn away gashes in the floor that leaked light through. Light easily stood out in a dark place such as this. The spot where the floor cracked with noise and with the sound of someone digging through a bag directly above also happened to have two dark spots that shed no light. Thats where the persons feet were, the lizardman knew.

"Narida"

Let me carry you on my back it's faster."

He raised the claw and the cutlass supported both by tail and hand right underneath those two shadows. He waits six seconds, perfectly motionless and silent as he the two blades poked against the wood. Right underneath the feet of the woman who was applying first aid.

"Thank you..."
"Why is it you are saving me? I met you nigh an hour ago."

The two blades come splitting through the weathered floor. More than enough force to completely penetrate the aged surface. Almost at the same time he heard the sing-songy voice of a vampire enter his ears.

thewriter
05-04-08, 09:12 PM
Narida was launched off Yin's back, but knew immediately who that was. "Galdrix you slimy bastard, what the hell are you doing here?!" Her hands went protectively to her amulet. Neoku stood keenly beside her, still too tired to fight again. "And you can't have my amulet, nor will you get a lucky shot like at Hooligan's Grotto. No, that luck is not for you."

Azazel Relizic
05-04-08, 09:24 PM
my bad

when Azazel heard the floor break apart he raced infront of the elf and human, for reasons unknown, it just happened. he was already swining the blade down to where the blade was coming out of the floor

Sublime
05-04-08, 09:31 PM
(Only my blades burst through the floor, not my body. The floor is still relatively intact)

Galdrix hears the thud of a blade swing down onto the floor. Not sure whether or not he impaled the humans feet he pulls the hilts of his cutlass and claw from the ceiling above him and scurries over back to the shaft, the floor probably wouldn't last too long with more forceful swings like that. He didn't have enough time to see whether or not his blades were dripping blood nor did he have enough time to turn his head back to see if blood was tricking down overhead..

He hoped his enemies would start to futilely try break apart the floor to reach him, but he would probably be on the fourth floor by then.

Azazel Relizic
05-04-08, 09:43 PM
k i changed it, my bad

Azazel Relizic
05-04-08, 10:14 PM
As Azazel yanked his sword out of the floor and struck again and made a crack in the floor. he dropped his sword and punched the floor and made a little section fall apart, the then grabbed the edge and started ripping the floor apart and saw that the blades were just hanging there.

'Hmm something is not right, Azazel thought,

Picking up his sword he started to smell the air and followed the smell of the lizard man, Azazel determined this because of what Narida had said, he followed it to the end of the hall way,

He punched through the wall and hit the lizard mans back

Sublime
05-04-08, 10:40 PM
Though the vampire had slightly stunned the lizard with the punch, his hand would now be harder to remove through the barely penetrated wall.

Galdrix immediately spins and does and does an impaling stab with the cruel hooks of the metal component of his hook-rope that he now held in his free hand. He hoped to rake that hand as much as possible to render it useless.

His feet dug into the walls of the shaft and ran up to make him stand almost upside down inside. He had to take all precautions because he knew his enemies were fully alerted now and perhaps had some ranged weapons to fire into the outside wall once the gap became bigger, thus leaving him more and more exposed.

oren
05-04-08, 11:20 PM
Yin pulled Narida away before she was hurt even more. Getting her back on her back, her blade out now, she looked at Neoku.

"Let's go," she said quietly slipping down the hall.

The vampire was distracted with the lizard man to have any concern for them, or so she thought. Making her way down the hall and down the stairs, there was no way she could make any acrobatic escapes with the elf on her back.

She did her best to remain calm as she move through the house to get out. Her own heart racing, she continued to get to the door. It was right there just a few more steps, and they'll be out.

Azazel Relizic
05-05-08, 05:59 AM
With the little luck that Azazel had the hook went through the same hole that was made in his hand by the knife the the elf threw a couple of minutes ago, he ripped his hand out of the wall, hook and all, then he noticed that the human and the elf were getting away, down the stairs,

"No you can not go down the stairs, they allow people to come up but not go down, you have to find another way down" Azazel tried to yell after them.

Before they could reach the stairs he ran to the window in one of the rooms he was next to and started to climb up the outside wall to the rooms higher above this one,

'the top floor, cant wait for him to see it'

Azazel had not been to the top floor in a little over a year, but he had made modifications to it...

thewriter
05-05-08, 06:06 PM
"Don't listen to him," Narida whispered hoarsely. "Just go." Neoku nudged aside the door that was ajar and walked outside the house wearily.

(sorry for short post, lacking inspiration/time =/)

oren
05-05-08, 07:21 PM
Yin hadn't bothered to reply, to either Azazel or Narida. She walked straight out of the house, and began a small jog back into the city to find a healer.

The transition from the house to just the outdoors made a difference. Yin seemed to relax.

"Are you alright?" she asked Narida as she stepped into the town looking for the nearest healer.

The town was bustling with people as usual, Yin weaved her way through the carts and people, leading Neoku as well. She was tired but falling over on the hard cobble stone streets was the last thing she wanted.

Strangely Narida seemed heavier than she thought. Of course she seemed heavier she had the female elf on her back since leaving the house, and just when it seemed like she was going to have her there longer Yin was relieved. Just around the corner across from the bakery was a healer.

Appraoching the little establishment Yin looked up at the sign then through a window. There was an assortment of herbs and things in jars that decorated it, the door on the other hand was not too appealing. It was splintered and worn and the hinges seemed to say it was about to fall apart at any time.

Entering the healers shop a little tinkle from a bell signaled the owner that there was a customer. Yin made sure to keep the door open for Neoku so he could walk in as well.

Yin jumped seeing an old woman sitting in a rocking chair next to the door. Looking at her she hoped she wasn't dead.

'Good gods,' she thought. 'I hope she's not dead.'

Cringing at the thought she moved through the store and watched as someone else walked out from the back of the store to see the sight. He looked form Yin to Narida to Neoku then back at Yin.

"May I help you?"

Shaking her head and snapping out of it. "My friend needs medical assisstance."

"What ailes her?"

"Stab wound."

The man gestured to bring her into the back and lay her down onto the bed, and that is what Yin did.

Sublime
05-05-08, 07:38 PM
(((how disappointing. The transition from the house to the city was unrealistically fast. The exiting from the house completely I would think should have taken 1-2 posts with 2-3 posts to get to the city. But since I got a PM saying the thread should end I suppose it cant be helped.. Thread had the potential for quite a showdown.)))

Azazel Relizic
05-05-08, 08:12 PM
we still have our fight

Sublime
05-05-08, 09:24 PM
Galdrix was truly furious. He recognized one of the voices and seems the owner of it seems to have escaped. It was the elf!! The one with the lovely red jewel that he so longed to hold within his grasp.

When he saw the hand of whoever was attacking him through the wall it seemed to be quite the wicked hand indeed. It being a vampire was one of the guesses Galdrix had in mind though there was something feral about it too, so the possibility that it was something else was still there.

Galdrix reels the hook back in and send the iron claw shredding frantically through the hole, felling wood planks as metal runs through the barrier weakened with age.

When the gap in the wall became sufficient, Galdrix steps through darting his head back and forth to find the vampire no where in sight. He had no clue where he had gone but the window provided a hint.

That was another problem..
The lizardman never pursued his enemies into new settings, that setting being either the top floor or the ones below. He always struck with the element of surprise, when he always knew more or as much as his opponent, always when there was an advantage.

He figured there would be nothing to be gained here and perhaps he would be able to catch up with the elf and that other person. After all, they would be mighty slow if one of them was carrying the other.

Even if he couldn't find them, there was no loss. The thing that lived here probably didn't any riches to speak of and it probably wasn't worth fighting a foe who knew his environment better than he to get a hideout. After all, the vast sewer system below Scara Brae was a hideout in itself.

Let the vampire or whatever it was sit and wait disappointed with the clever traps it set in its lair.

Galdrix approaches the window and does a short spin with his hook and casts it over below to a withered, leafless tree. He had just enough rope to reach. The hook locks into place on a branch and the lizard swings out, the tattered midnight blue cloak weaving back and forth in the breeze.

Gribble
05-05-08, 09:45 PM
As Fero went came out of his state of mind he noticed that there was noone in the room save for the dead body of Paladar, his once trusty compainion.

Fero gathered himself up and walked out into the hall to see half the floor ripped up and a gapping hole in the wall.

"Hmmm what the hell happened here?", Fero yelled out, thinking the house was empty, he went over to examine the wall when he looked out the window just in time to see a lizard type man gliding out of the house into the trees.

"What happened while i was out?" Fero asked again to noone

Azazel Relizic
05-05-08, 09:47 PM
When Azazel got to the top floor he strted to think,
'Why am i fighting this lizard? He could have been here to help me, or maybe he was trying to kill me,' the possiblitys were endless, but one thing was for sure, either he gets out of the house or he would die a horrible slow death.

Azazel waited for a couple of minutes before he got bored, he started to smell the air and smelled the lizard man coming from outside.

Slowly he approched the window, dagger in hand, and looked out the window just in time to see the lizard man running off into the night,

'Haha, scared little salamander?' Azazel asked to noone impeticular.

When Azazel said this he heard the words of a male human,

'Haha looks like i still have something to eat here'

thewriter
05-05-08, 10:29 PM
(the thread is ending, eh? hmph. oh well. I couldn't see where it was going anyways.)

Narida coughed and sputtered as the man inspected the wound. "Aye, he cracked a rib as well. This will take some serious time...and money."

"My bag," She said in a hoarse voice. "Inner pocket, to the left. Blue leather."

The man saw this and took out a small blue leather coin purse and jingled it, taking out however much he needed for his services and leaving the rest be - he wouldn't steal right in front of someone else.

Neoku whimpered, saddened at his Mistress's wound and licked her hand. "Away, beast! I must heal her!" He growled at the man and backed away, sitting by Yin.

He then turned to Yin. "If you are waiting for her, it might be awhile. These wounds are difficult."

oren
05-06-08, 01:17 AM
Yin shook her head, "No I will not be," she replied "Unfortunately I must leave town deal with other business."

Standing she nodded to Narida, the healer and Neoku and knelt down to pet him, smiling a bit before leaving.

She stepped out of the back room and walked through the store, past the odd jars and drying herbs. She opened the door and stepped out onto the street. Yin looked at the sky, she had time to catch the next boat off of Scara Brae wanting to leave it behind.

Starting her walk she drifted down to the harbour. It wasn't a long walk by her standards as she stepped onto the wooden planks and looked out for a small ship that she could just hop onto and leave.

Finding a friend in the navy, she nodded to him made a deal and she boarded the ship. She sighed looking out at the sea, she smiled to herself when the boat finally set sail.

The wind blew, sails puffed up and the crew started working to get the ship on course. All Yin could think of is that she finally had the opportunity to just leave that rock of an island possibly for good.

Skie and Avery
05-16-08, 01:38 AM
Quest Judging
The Abandoned House

While moderate detail was asked for, I'm unwilling to break down each category for each player. My comments will be the lump sum of the writing, for the most part.

STORY

Continuity ~ 1/10. Who were the employers? Why was oren there? She didn't even freak out about waking up in a strange place. How did Fero and that other guy meet? This quest seemed to come out of nowhere, with the one bond between you all being this murderer. And as far as my opinion goes, Sublime should never have showed up. Why would you even think about coming into a quest that's already at post 70? If you DO ever do that again, how about explaining why yourself, instead of leaving it to cryptic clues placed by other members of the adventuring party?
Setting ~ 0/10. Little to none. You said things like the gate and the house and the room and the wall, but seriously, that gives me nothing. This could have taken place in any four story mansion. It could have been white or blue or polkadotted, marble, oak or mahogany. Were there anything on the walls? Murals, tapestries, wallpaper? How about furniture?
Pacing ~ 0/10. You managed to shit out a 94 post quest in a week and a half. Always choose quality over quantity, which obviously wasn't the idea here. It would also help to keep OOC comments to PMs. There's nothing wrong with using OOC in brackets or the OOC box in a post, but it does break the flow of the story, ESPECIALLY when you have no writing to go with it. Also, Oren, if you can't commit to a story, you should write yourself out of it. It was a hard hit to the flow when all this is going and you pop up, trying to catch up. Gribble, you got just as bad there at the end. And I don't care how badly it's going at the end, at least bring the story to conclusion.

CHARACTER

Dialogue ~ 2/10. Wooden and cliche, and for the love of Zombie Jesus, pay attention. In post Nine, Narida reprimanded Fero for calling her a dark elf. I read the post in front of that twice. He never called her any kind of elf. That's only one account of glaring metagaming I saw from you all. Yes, he referred to your character as a dark elf in his narration of seeing "a dark elf go back around the corner." Narida doesn't know that's what he thought he saw. There is a fourth wall for a reason. Your character does not know all that you know, unless your story revolves around a fourth wall deconstruction that allows her to communicate with you, the writer. There have been characters like that before, but yours isn't one of them that I could see.
Action ~ 1/10. Limp and drug out for the sake of things. I was quick to have thought that it was a case of too many cooks in the kitchen when I saw five people and nearly 100 posts. Like I said before, Sublime didn't need to be coming in here. But he only had 8 posts, and never got to finish that ending. So let's say eighty posts. Four people, eighty posts, that's twenty posts each if all's fair. That's still too long for what happened. People meet in an old house, figure out that they're all after the same bounty and that said bounty is a vampire. Vampire shows up, followed by a short fight where the vampire lets them go because he suddenly decides that they're just too easy. Forty posts should have taken care of that, fifty max. Because it was drug out and filled with storytimes and absolutely no relevant meat, this was an absolute killer to action.
Persona ~ 1/10. The only one who really demonstrated any stable character was thewriter, and even then it was shallow. I saw a lot of carbon copied characters with very little depth when they had any at all. Azazel especially got on my nerves with the statement of being the most powerful halfbreed EVAR (dude, your level 0. You MIGHT be more powerful than an ant.) Then there was the fact that he had a sword to her neck and didn't kill her because it was too easy?! But... he killed the five year old little girl. What? And Oren, srsly, if I woke up in a weird house with talks of murderers and all these weird ass people running around, I think I'd be a little more freaked out than your character was. I don't care if she's a bad ass assassin or whatnot, she woke up with no memory of how she got into a strange and poorly described house. Case closed.

WRITING STYLE

Technique ~ 0/10. There was no technique. Just ten pages of rushed posts filled with metagaming and the most cliche and inane plot development I've ever seen.
Mechanics ~ 4/10. Most of the time, there were things spelled correctly. I saw a lot of sentence fragments that served no purpose for technique, tense changes, incorrect comma usage, and more of the typical "I sleep in English class" mistakes.
Clarity ~ 4/10. From the first post, there were clarity issues. I think Post 55 speaks for the entire thread, however.

MISCELLANEOUS

Wild Card ~ 0/10.

TOTAL ~ 13/100. If you have any questions, comments or complaints about anything in this judging or the final total, I can be reached on AIM via RestitutionSpork or by PM on this site.

thewriter gains 168 EXP
Azazel Relizic gains 136 EXP
Gribble gains 126 EXP
oren gains 106 EXP
Sublime gains 78 EXP

I am not granting GP rewards for this quest, because I feel that there was little effort or consideration put into this. 94 posts in a week. I think at post 40 someone should have read back through the thread and sent out a PM saying, "Guys, this isn't right, let's put some more planning into this before we go any farther." If this was a carefully planned and executed thread, you did something very very very very very VERY wrong. I would suggest reading a few threads from our Judge's Choice forums to better acquaint yourself with the rubric and what our judges are looking for in a great quest before trying again. Don't let the low score get you down, we all begin from lowly means. But please put the effort and thought into your posts that will help you become more articulate with expressing your ideas and visions.

Cyrus the virus
05-17-08, 11:49 AM
EXP added.