PDA

View Full Version : Tokens of the Past

A Nony Mouse
04-27-08, 05:46 PM
Travis walked into the first shop he saw and tossed his old leather and iron brigandine on the counter. It has scratches on the chest and the leather was worn and discolored in places. The armor had served him well, but he had since found better. It was time to get rid of the old brigandine.

Next to it, he placed his first ocarina; one carved out of oak by an unknown artisan. Since beginning his travels, Travis had carved a new ocarina and had no need of two identical instruments. Now it was just another thing to get rid of.

The shop owner was busy with another customer and so the traveler waited with his old supplies. He ran his finger across the weathered wood of the small ocarina and remembered many of his travels. He was snapped out of his reverie when the shopkeeper turned to him.

"Good afternoon," Travis gave as a greeting. "I'd like to sell these two items please." After some thought, he indicated the steel chainmail he was wearing and asked, "Also, how much would it cost to upgrade this armor? Right now, the craftsmanship is below average... I'm sure you can do better."

Slayer of the Rot
04-27-08, 08:43 PM
"Ah, it's you again," Cyril said, recognizing the redhead adventurer. The merchant leaned back in his chair and kicked his legs up on the counter, readying himself to throw out prices. However, he blinked as the man tossed a brigandine and an ocarina on the counter, ready to sell. The familiar, Bagley waddled over to the two items, and picked the ocarina up in its awkward hands.

"Fallen on tough times or something? Well, we'll need to appraise them first. Where did you get them?"

((Protocol is protocol; I'll need a link to where you first acquired the brigandine and ocarina.))

A Nony Mouse
04-28-08, 07:55 AM
"From my father, (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=13140)" Travis answered the man. "I'm doing too much traveling now to be lugging them around, is all. And since I've no permanent home, I figured I ought to just sell them." He leaned on the counter, waiting for the odd familiar to work his magic.

Travis started with both items, so they're somewhere in that Lvl 0 thread. Probably the last paragraph of his history. If you need the link for the chainmail too, it was received in Washed Away (http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?t=13520)

Slayer of the Rot
05-01-08, 05:26 PM
The little familiar tossed Cyril the ocarina as he nodded, listening absently to Travis. He turned it over and over, rubbed his finger all over it, then brought it close to his face. "Oh. It's just an ocarina. I was expecting an enchantment, or something. A lot of people like to put defensive or offensive enchantments on their everyday objects. But, the demand for musical instruments isn't exactly high, unfortunately. People are more focused on a sword...I can only buy the ocarina for thirty crowns, and that's even doing you a favor."

Swinging his legs back down to the floor, Cyril grunted as he leaned forward, setting the instrument on the counter. The brigandine rattled as he pulled it across the wood. Carefully, he inspected each iron plate, then the quality of the iron. "I can give you a hunnert and forty crowns for this. The chainmail shirt..." Bagley waddled across the counter and poked at the chain shirt Travis was wearing.

"About a hunnert to get it to average, boss." Cyril nodded as the familiar began to pull coins from it's mouth.

"You'd really just be better off buying a new chain shirt. Plynt, or dehlar."

A Nony Mouse
05-02-08, 07:55 AM
"I'll take the one hundred and seventy gold," Travis said, waving his hand absently toward the items. "But I'll need to think about the chainmail... perhaps later. It serves me well enough for now."

((Feel free to bunny Travis in your concluding post, I am through here :)))

Slayer of the Rot
05-08-08, 07:01 PM
"All right then." Cyril picked up the brigandine and ocarina and stashed them under the counter. Bagley, meanwhile, had finished counting out Travis' gold and had pushed the neatly stacked glittering pile of coins. The adventurer ruined it's order by scooping it up and leaving. Yawning, the merchant slid down in his chair and folded his arms loosely over his chest.

((Sorry for the wait guy.

Travis loses his ocarina and brigandine, and gains 170 gp.))