PDA

View Full Version : Deciding Things (nWo/VtQ edition)

Woshington
05-03-08, 12:19 AM
Not to be pushing anyone, but the quorum calls are over. We need to know a few things soon.

I think the same applies again here. Sighter Tnailog asked three things for nWo/Imp, and I think the same questions need to be asked again...

1. 1v1s, 2v2s, etc?
2. How are the thread(s) are gonna be organised?
3. What are we doing for a setting?

Also, I'd like to be dead cheeky and put myself forward as de facto leader for the VtQ team. Which kind of answers the questions because we'd be defending and we'd set the scene?

Edit: nevermind about the Q in the title :(

MiaKane
05-03-08, 12:26 AM
well, i think zook was going to deal, but oh well, i think we got to figure something along the lines of why all these indies have shown up and are drawn into the fight, quite probably as innocent by standards.

so lets hear from everyone involved on defense their ideas

Raelyse
05-03-08, 01:20 AM
As a member of the NWO, I am very annoyed that people who have nothing to do with VT have suddenly popped up out of nowhere, just to defend a group that personally, I have not heard about in months. Secondly, the sudden rule that our quorum call be finished before the VT one starts is ludicrous, because it wasn't in effect for the last war (a month ago) and there was no announcement that I am aware of that the rule changed.

I demand some sort of retribution on our side.

MiaKane
05-03-08, 01:29 AM
yeah it was on the last war, offense went first, 48 hours, then the defense went second for 48 hours.

and to the point, so what? like the last war had much of the same ic point.

Raelyse
05-03-08, 01:46 AM
How many characters were ICly part of VT before the onset of the war?

Woshington
05-03-08, 01:52 AM
As a member of the NWO, I am very annoyed that people who have nothing to do with VT have suddenly popped up out of nowhere

Yeah, I can completely understand that feeling. But like, the counter argument is if it's story nonsense then we'll be punished for it. I'm not starting anything because I love the nWo, making stuff happen you know, doing a real service for the community... but I think what's happening here is kinda the same way nWo came together?

Anyway though, for Big Wosh, I've got some ideas up my sleeve for explaining it. Machiavellian stuff, combined with his last run in with nWo/particularly Dan. You know?

Also, that's kind of why I wanted Wosh to take the lead in this. Furthermore, I think it's better to have just one leader set the scene and scenario and have it be a surprise for everybody than discuss our dirty laundry out in public. So if you guys want Zook to lead the way that's sweet, but I think we should let him do his own deal. Don't get me wrong though, I would relish setting the scene.

Mutant_Lorenor
05-03-08, 02:03 AM
Most people are joining as mercs. Wars are good opportunities for Mercs to get paid. Just look at it like that. Mercs function individually from any major power group and just want to get their pay's worth. They don't necessarily have to give two craps worth about VT. I know that Lorenor has no feelings about the Power Group whatsoever, but he is a professional. He's in it to make a name for himself.

Raelyse
05-03-08, 02:09 AM
Lorenor also has an enormous, prehensile, acid spurting penis.

Godhand
05-03-08, 05:12 AM
There's not a single one of you that has anything to do with VT but Lorenor, and he doesn't have access to the VT treasury to pay you. He's going to pay for a war out of his own pocket to defend a group he has nothing to do with anymore against a PG that he has never feuded with.

What the fuck?

Edit: I just re-read that Lorenor joined as a mercenary. Not even he could remember that he was in Valandil Telemnar. Seriously, what the fuck? If Lorenor is acting as a mercenary, who's paying you people?

A Nony Mouse
05-03-08, 09:15 AM
As a member of the NWO, I am very annoyed that people who have nothing to do with VT have suddenly popped up out of nowhere, just to defend a group that personally, I have not heard about in months. Secondly, the sudden rule that our quorum call be finished before the VT one starts is ludicrous, because it wasn't in effect for the last war (a month ago) and there was no announcement that I am aware of that the rule changed.

I demand some sort of retribution on our side.

So I know I prolly shouldn't butt in, but I have to agree with Raelyse here. That seems ridiculously unfair. If VT can't defend themselves without mercs, then nWo should be allowed to slaughter them and take their stuff. Right now it seems like everyone with OOC beef with the PG is joining the opposing team. Lame, imo.

Logan
05-03-08, 09:53 AM
I'm going to state this nicely...as nicely as I can...Woshington was the first to post that he was going to the defense of Valandil. As it is, HE should be the one to choose the scenario and such. The fact he even offered up the option for those of you to offer up your opinion was nice of him.

Do NOT go over his head. There is no formalized group, and as such, it is his to run as first poster. I will discuss this with Zook and Christoph shortly, but I am making it known that if I were him I certainly wouldn't be pleased.

Oh...and Mr Raelyse, I'd like to remind you, very nicely, that is all nWo is. A bunch of guys who just randomly team together. Don't try to go all "goody goody" on us NOW. Turn about is fair play.

Godhand
05-03-08, 10:00 AM
Oh...and Mr Raelyse, I'd like to remind you, very nicely, that is all nWo is. A bunch of guys who just randomly team together. Don't try to go all "goody goody" on us NOW. Turn about is fair play.

So people can bitch and moan for eternity when we do it but when other people do it it's absolutely fine and a brilliant strategy? Fuck that and fuck you.

Also, I expect the mods to take into consideration the fact that EVERYBODY SIGNED ON AS A MERCENARY.

DO YOU UNDERSTAND THAT NOBODY IS PAYING YOU

DO YOU UNDERTAND HOW STUPID YOU LOOK WHEN YOU'RE A MERCENARY THAT FIGHTS FOR FREE

Edit: What's the point of even having a member list if anyone can defend a PG?

MiaKane
05-03-08, 01:05 PM
hey gh, i signed on as indie, not merc, I'm just here for the fun and games.

and yeah, wosh has the right to it all, i was told zook was by another i wont name. but thats whatever. and hey, who says we really arent all here as some kind of behind the scenes conspiracy?

did ya think of that, huh? huh? did ya? huh?

then again i wish it was that fun lol.

Slayer of the Rot
05-03-08, 02:16 PM
I think the same applies again here. Sighter Tnailog asked three things for nWo/Imp, and I think the same questions need to be asked again...

1. 1v1s, 2v2s, etc?
2. How are the thread(s) are gonna be organized?
3. What are we doing for a setting?

I suggest another big melee. This way, a lot of little threads don't have to be judged. Since there is less of us, we'd only need one thread, and one group. Also, people seemed to enjoy that type of match in the last war.

Most people are joining as mercs.

Yeah, but as stated before, nobody's paying you. So you all sort of signed on as independents. So none of you are going to get paid. So you're getting nothing out of getting killed.

Because ICly, I'm not really worried. All nWo really needs is Dan and Godhand, and that's going overboard with me. Hell, Godhand is enough to take on nine of you.

Melancor
05-03-08, 03:45 PM
So people can bitch and moan for eternity when we do it but when other people do it it's absolutely fine and a brilliant strategy? Fuck that and fuck you.

You started it~ >: o

Amen. All I can add is that if you thought your vain ICly relations are fair, then I don't see how you can say ours aren't.

Then again, I if you are looking for my IC justification it is this:
Melancor is tracking down the NWO for the defeat at the Imperial Estate, he decides to aid this group against their aggressors.

Everyone is just trying to have a good time, while on the way, maybe annoying the NWO a little. But I guess that's the easy part :\

Godhand
05-03-08, 05:01 PM
Hell, I don't really give a damn either way. The NWO is the most powerful power group on the face of Althanas, easily capable of dealing with every other PG combined. ICly, anyway. OOCly, it's the attrition rule that's going to be a problem.

Woshington
05-03-08, 05:09 PM
who's paying you people?
Can't you imagine a third party having any interest in what the nWo is doing? Kinda like how America helped fund Russia against the nazis or whatever. Russia wasn't alone paying for Russia's tanks? Seriously, man. You gotta take off those blinkers. I mean, does it make direct sense for America to fund the Soviet Union? NO. But in that situation, against a common foe? Yes.

Is it really that hard for you to like, I don't know, I have to make this point three or four times to make sure you get it... is it really that hard to imagine party A wanting party B wiped out, so therefore they pay party C to do it for them without dirtying their own name? I hate more-or-less giving the story away here, but honestly. What is this all about? Let us write our stories, and then you hang us afterwards.

Dissinger
05-03-08, 05:42 PM

There is a difference between nWo and the defenders and you know it damn well Logan. nWo followed the rules and formed a power group. They earned their right to fight side by side through sheer virtue of forming this loose alliance of ideals and badassery. They stayed well within the rules and they formed up ranks to take on Imperial. Both sides asked for Mercenary help and both received it. nWo in the form of the Company, Imperial in everyone dirks could pull in who had storyline ties tot he enemy in the hopes of stopping and "choking" us creatively.

Up to three clans may combine their strength to launch Clan Hostilities or defend against them, but to do so they will have to designate one of the members of the alliance the primary leader. They will agree among themselves how the rewards are to be split; however, all the rewards will go to the primary leader, who could conceivably decide to backstab the other PGs and keep everything.

Imperial
Gol'Bron
Bandit Brotherhood
Order of the Golden Dawn

And thats just the the ones who remembered to put their PG in their sidebar, or who I knew belonged to one.

Since Vanadiel Telanor or whatever the hell is called makes 5, how many PG's are going to "Coalition" and make this happen? Cause with the defending PG we're a good 2 over the limit. Of course, thats if we want to be asses about this...

Logan
05-03-08, 06:17 PM
Just because they only show certain PGs doesn't mean there isn't one behind the whole thing. Now, if you will all stop your whining, as you said yourselves it is, the war may progress as it's supposed to.

Godhand
05-03-08, 07:46 PM
Can't you imagine a third party having any interest in what the nWo is doing? Kinda like how America helped fund Russia against the nazis or whatever. Russia wasn't alone paying for Russia's tanks? Seriously, man. You gotta take off those blinkers. I mean, does it make direct sense for America to fund the Soviet Union? NO. But in that situation, against a common foe? Yes.

Is it really that hard for you to like, I don't know, I have to make this point three or four times to make sure you get it... is it really that hard to imagine party A wanting party B wiped out, so therefore they pay party C to do it for them without dirtying their own name? I hate more-or-less giving the story away here, but honestly. What is this all about? Let us write our stories, and then you hang us afterwards.

Isn't it awesome when you get to make up shit as you go along?

Vicious
05-03-08, 07:52 PM
Mia Kane:

Im not here bringing my pg alliance to the war, and I am quite sure a number of the others are not as well. There was no official call up saying we were here as reps of our primary PGs, nor was there any intended.

I may be speaking solely for myself, but I saw no official reps here. Just mercs and freelance do gooders/badders.

so all of you quit complaining and lets just get this going. Wosh, whenever you're ready buddy.

hope you got something real cool in the planning :3

EDIT: and yes GH it is fun to make stuff up, thats why we all write, :3

Woshington
05-03-08, 07:57 PM
Isn't it awesome when you get to make up shit as you go along?
My points ownt the shit out of your qqing SOOOOOOOOOOO
JUST PLAY OR GTFO

Melancor
05-03-08, 08:16 PM
laughage.

Anyways, should we disscuss things that actually matter, meaning, something idk... regarding the topic of the thread?

Woshington
05-03-08, 08:26 PM
laughage.

Anyways, should we disscuss things that actually matter, meaning, something idk... regarding the topic of the thread?

Well I think against popular opinion we should kinda split up the threads, it's gonna take forever to get judged again (understandably) if we have one giant thread again.. also, maybe less like confusing, easier to follow, easier to write good stuff.. if we split it. Also, it gives players more freedom over their own game, because, for example, I'll set the scene in my thread for me and my fellow players, and then other members of the defending team can set their own.. you know? Gives more freedom maybe.. maybe I'd like to set the main scenario.. so we could have a common theme or link of some kind, holding it all together storywise?

MiaKane
05-03-08, 08:54 PM
i dunno wosh, I would think that a single thread would make more sense.

Slayer of the Rot
05-03-08, 11:03 PM
i dunno wosh, I would think that a single thread would make more sense.

I'm still in agreement about this. If you split it up into little threads, most of them are going to be over...real fast. A single thread would draw action out, allow wide scale character interaction...etc.

MiaKane
05-03-08, 11:41 PM
you dont get a say though Dan :(

and maybe i was thinking from the miss experience of the last one, so perhaps multiple groups would be better suited.

Godhand
05-03-08, 11:44 PM
you dont get a say though Dan :(

"There is no set way that a clan war must be fought. The format for the war -- battle-based, quest-based, or based on something you come up with yourself -- will be set by the PG Moderator after consultation with the attackers and the defenders."

Y HALO THAR!

Raelyse
05-03-08, 11:48 PM
What the hell does miss experience mean?

And the big group was one of the funnest threads I'd done in a while and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Zook Murnig
05-03-08, 11:55 PM
I've been talking with Woshington, and he's not talking about splitting it up into four or five groups. Just two. And for good reason. Hear him out on this one, seriously. He's got some good ideas.

Raelyse
05-04-08, 12:01 AM
As long as it's not something stupid like "I TELEPORTS YOU WITH THE MONKS"

Logan
05-04-08, 12:09 AM
Too late ;-)

Godhand
05-04-08, 12:11 AM
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/c/c2/Not-again-picard2.jpg

Slayer of the Rot
05-04-08, 12:18 AM
Too late ;-)

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b72/i_heart_roisin_dubh/Truck_of_fail.jpg

Logan
05-04-08, 12:19 AM
I see your frustrated Jean-Luc Picard and I raise you one...

http://slantmouth.com/articles/invasiveManuever/images/kickYourAss.jpg

Woshington
05-04-08, 01:59 AM
Get out of my face with your preemptive criticisms, I don't think it matters if the monks teleport somewhere.. I think the key is they're teleporting characters somewhere for a reason and the place has to be awesome and worth it. Once we've agreed though, I'm seriously ready to go and I promise I'll come up with something that is fundamentally the same as a monk teleport but superficially different.

So are we closer to ACQUIESCENCE on two groups as a compromise? And an even further compromise, what I want to do is have it in the same thread through. But! Elements of the environment make it difficult for the two parties to mix, but not impossible, and they will certainly be interactive in terms of environmental tools and stuff. How about that? Also, although they'd be in the same thread.. how would mods feel about judging the two parties independently if they don't end up getting too mixed up? I think that too might be easier on the mods.

Raelyse
05-04-08, 02:07 AM
I have an awesome idea. Who gives a fuck about the arena? If you really want to make sense, you can be in VT's base (wherever that is) and we just storm in and kill everyone.

Woshington
05-04-08, 02:26 AM
I have an awesome idea. Who gives a fuck about the arena? If you really want to make sense, you can be in VT's base (wherever that is) and we just storm in and kill everyone.
I'm gonna ownt the shit out of your minds with the greatest battle arena Althanas has ever seen, on top of which will be the greatest backing story Althanas has ever seen.

I'm ready to to go, t-bone, my soul's prepared... how's yours?

I wanted to be friends, but you must still be smarting about me kind of getting invited to the nWo and turning you down. Bret Fucking Hart style.

Edit: god, sometimes I get carried away ;)

Godhand
05-04-08, 02:34 AM
Whoah whoah whoah. That never happened. You were part of the Company and we hired them. Why the fuck would I invite a level zero newbie into the biggest, the biggest, the biggest icon in RP?

Woshington
05-04-08, 02:37 AM
That never happened.
Who wants my logs? Dirks style.

Godhand
05-04-08, 02:37 AM
Logs Or It Didn't Happen.

Edit: Fuck! I've tried to put that in all caps twice but it doesn't work.

Woshington
05-04-08, 02:59 AM
To be fair to the parties involved it was more like.. come and play with us, and I'm like yeah, definitely, I'll merc for nWo, then it's like if you impress I'm sure you'll probably get offered a spot.. but I said no thanks.. so I suppose it wasn't an invite for sure so nobody's in trouble and I was wrong. I went over the logs and it wasn't quite how I remembered it, but... Either way though, sentiment stays the same, not even interested. Ever.

Anyway, I'd rather get down to the business of starting this war so we can all regain respect for each other in the heat of battle.

Godhand
05-04-08, 03:24 AM
God, look at us. We single-handedly revived PG interest on Althanas. And I'm not talking about like with electric paddles or shit like that. I mean it was dead, buried, six feet under and we just rolled up our sleeves and resurrected it like fucking Lazarus.

Oh, and to all the people reading this?

You're welcome.

MiaKane
05-04-08, 12:47 PM
well since everyone just wants to bitch and put up fancy pictures.

I say two threads like has been suggested by wosh and zook.

Melancor
05-04-08, 01:31 PM
I say two threads like has been suggested by wosh and zook.

I second that motion.

Woshington
05-04-08, 03:05 PM
Okay, so we're probably gonna go with two. I'll just wait for a bit more feedback and then I'll split the groups.

Raelyse
05-04-08, 06:36 PM
2 threads is stupid. I'd rather have 1.

Not to mention we have 5 members and you have 9.

The Writing Writer
05-04-08, 07:01 PM
5 uber 1337 members. What what.

Sorahn
05-04-08, 09:35 PM
So yall wanted to attack a clan that hasn't been active in ages because you think it will be easy gold? Very brave of you. Now suddenly people decide to defend the clan simply because they don't like the NWO and you whine and moan because you actually have to put up a real fight?

Cry some more.

I feel bad that I was out of town during the defender quorum call. So I guess I shouldn't be posting here, but I felt the need to.

Also my PG has had plenty enough activity without you running around trying to take everyone's gold, oh savior of the clans. There's more to PGs than just wars.

I also just want to mention that I was bored as hell with the last war and only posted once. So yall with "oh it was the funnest thing ever", good for you. Don't think that applies to everyone.

Lavinian Ambition
05-04-08, 09:42 PM
So yall wanted to attack a clan that hasn't been active in ages because you think it will be easy gold? Very brave of you. Now suddenly people decide to defend the clan simply because they don't like the NWO and you whine and moan because you actually have to put up a real fight?

Cry some more.

I feel bad that I was out of town during the defender quorum call. So I guess I shouldn't be posting here, but I felt the need to.

Also my PG has had plenty enough activity without you running around trying to take everyone's gold, oh savior of the clans. There's more to PGs than just wars.

I also just want to mention that I was bored as hell with the last war and only posted once. So yall with "oh it was the funnest thing ever", good for you. Don't think that applies to everyone.

If it were the fact we were having to put up a fight, yeah your point would be valid.

However, the fact that everyone on the roster signed up as a mercenary and the only member of that power group that signed up to defend FORGOT he even was one, is a different one entirely. Its on par with us declaring an attack on you guys, and instead of you guys putting up the three defender minimum you throw a bunch of mercenaries at us, yet the war is still supposed to happen.

Thats our complaint, but we're supposed to be moving on, thanks for keeping up.

Abomination
05-04-08, 10:14 PM
Just so you guys know, the problem lies with the system or lack thereof. Attacking a PG that never got off the ground and defending it entirely with mercenaries not paid specifically by the defender or anyone associated with the defender both fall into this spectrum.

Godhand appears to be bringing attention to the problems inherent in PGs with his actions, of course his motivation is far less than noble as we all know. After the last clan war, the mods didn't appear to change anything, but after this affair I hope they try to find a compromise and change the way things work so it makes more sense. Personally, I never understood attacking a small, secret organization with no fixed location, maybe other people share this sentiment and that's why our clan wars are so few and far in-between.

If there were more benefits to holding an HQ and the requirements had less to do with clan wars, there would be more interest (aka the main method is waging a clan war to get an HQ, but you need to attack an HQ in order to gain one! We had 0 HQs for the longest time, so guess what that means? The alternative means of getting an HQ was the -only- means).

A shift in OOC policy should be attributed by IC developments. Players need to make PGs that actively seek a position in which they require a fixed location. People seem perfectly content to sit around and when someone finally finds a loophole and attacks through it, you jump all over them. To me it just seems like an attitude problem that's stopping progress.

Woshington
05-04-08, 10:34 PM
Listen guys, I'm really sorry. For a couple of reasons. Firstly, to Realyse who has always been nice to me, I didn't need to get pissy. Sorry! Furthermore, I'm really sorry for wasting anybody's time, but I'm gonna have to step aside. This has become more than what I originally thought it would be, and therefore I've kinda lost interest and motivation. Whoever wants to step in take lead on the defence is very welcome to! I'm sure it'll be awesome.

MiaKane
05-04-08, 11:05 PM
sorry to hear that wosh, So then I guess I could step up and run this by the seat of my pants again. so everyone get ready for another wild ride.

Serilliant
05-04-08, 11:06 PM
After the last clan war, the mods didn't appear to change anything, but after this affair I hope they try to find a compromise and change the way things work so it makes more sense.

Working on it. Watch for my announcement to come soon.

For everyone else, 3 things:

If you are not an active participant in the war or a member of either the nWo or VT, please do not post in this thread. If you have a comment on PGs in general or any issues raised by this war, please make your opinion known in Your Word.

Next, if you are an active participant in the war or are a member of either PG, please act appropriately when posting in this thread. A rivalry is one thing, but people are starting to take things too personally and are no longer acting in a good-natured fashion. Agree, disagree, taunt, gloat, whatever... but remember the spirit of the game here. You should be staying up at night dreaming up clever IC conflicts, not fuming over OOC ones.

And finally, defenders: please take the next 24 hours to organize yourselves, finalize the number of threads you want, and organize combatants appropriately. The war will commence once you have made your decisions.

Thanks.

Zook Murnig
05-04-08, 11:12 PM
I'll be taking charge in Woshington's stead, since I volunteered after he did.

Here's the scene as Woshington and I agreed upon. Noothal, Istraloth. The VT team has hidden the treasury in a vault in the town, and nWo must fight us to get to it. Meanwhile, a legendary lizard-beast resembling a giant axolotl. Group One will be on the back of the beast, while Group Two will be fighting in the streets below as it rampages like Godzilla in Tokyo.

Group One:
Axolotl's Back

VT
Zook Murnig
The Sweetest Thing
Kyo

nWo
Ataraxis
Dissinger[/u]

Group Two:
Streets of Noothal

VT
MiaKane
Melancor
Green is the new black
Mutant Lorenor
Ezra

nWo
Godhand
Slayer of the Rot
Raelyse

MiaKane
05-04-08, 11:13 PM
alright zook.

Zook Murnig
05-04-08, 11:42 PM
Setup complete. See my previous post for where I edited it in.

Godhand
05-05-08, 04:05 AM

Cry some more.

Also my PG has had plenty enough activity without you running around trying to take everyone's gold, oh savior of the clans. There's more to PGs than just wars.*

Last Activity in Gol Bron's PG thread: September 7'th, 2007* (For reference, VT's last PG thread activity was September 29'th, 2007.)

Oh no! The furry pussy is getting angry! If previous experience is any indication, he might start a thread where he calls us out but then not finish it because it wasn't fun enough!

Maybe you and your buddy Ranger can blow each other and bitch and piss and moan about how you're really the ones making a difference in the PG scene. I suggest using the piss trickle of gold in your vault to build some more IC defenses though, because you're definitely next on my list.

Anyway, the group one scene seems a little ill-thought out. Everyone in it will basically be fighting in a perpetual slope. I don't know; give me a rough size for the thing to see if his back is really a viable fighting ground. Plus, I don't like the fact that Dissinger is Ataraxis' only backup. Put me in group 1; Raelyse and Slayer of the Rot can handle the rest of those scrubs.

Edit: You know what? No. What the fuck? Why are we fighting on a monster's back? What's the IC rationale for that?

Raelyse
05-05-08, 06:02 AM
I think rationale went out of the window when the second person signed up to defend VT. Why can't this be in the same thread? Raelyse can fly and Godhand and Slayer can both jump ungodly heights? How will we play that then?

I estimate that since the combined level of the other Group 2 members is less than mine, you guys won't be powegaming and will allow us to kill you within our first 2 posts because we will be looking to do that.

Woshington
05-05-08, 07:51 AM
Edit: You know what? No. What the fuck? Why are we fighting on a monster's back? What's the IC rationale for that?
That's like asking why Ewok's are four feet tall.

Serilliant
05-05-08, 10:46 AM
The threads are up! You have 4 weeks (until Monday, June 2) to complete the war. You may, of course, finish early if you wish. There have also been some rule changes that will apply to this conflict. They are outlined in the OOC discussion thread.

Have fun!

http://www.althanas.com/world/forumdisplay.php?f=223