PDA

View Full Version : NWO v Valandil Telemnar OOC Discussion

Serilliant
05-05-08, 10:44 AM
You have 4 weeks (until Monday, June 2) to complete the war, but may end early. Please confine OOC discussion pertaining to the conflict to this thread.

Best of luck to everyone!

Raelyse
05-05-08, 10:46 AM
Can we move from thread to thread? Raelyse can fly, Godhand can jump tall buildings in a simple bound and surely you're not discounting Dan are you?

Serilliant
05-05-08, 10:58 AM
That'll be up to the defenders. I'm comfortable with whichever direction you end up going.

As far as rule changes go, we have decided that for the purposes of winning attrition bonuses, only actual, active members of a power group will be counted. Mercenaries will still count in defending against attrition penalties, however.

In other words, VT has 9 members to nWo's 5. However, VT has 0 active PG members in the conflict, so will not win any attrition bonus.

While nWo has 5 PG members to VT's 0, VT's 9 mercenaries will count for the purposes of defending against attrition, and therefore nWo wins no attrition bonus either. (This is assuming, of course, that all 9 members of the VT side are active in the conflict. If only 4 members of VT post, nWo will win an attrition bonus).

Scores will be based on adding all members of each side together (regardless of group) and averaging. The team with the highest average will win. This is not a rule change, but I wanted to emphasize the scoring mechanism so that everyone knows what to expect.

Again, good luck to everyone!

Raelyse
05-05-08, 11:16 AM
I take it you're judging this war, then?

Serilliant
05-05-08, 11:47 AM
Yes.

MiaKane
05-05-08, 01:43 PM
I formally withdraw my interest from this war. as a last statement on the whole thing....

everyone quit yer bitchin, its a game, not a life.

Zook Murnig
05-05-08, 05:37 PM
The reasoning for fighting on the back of the (essentially) giant salamander is that it is attacking the city of Noothal, where the vault is hidden. If it isn't stopped, the axolotl will be likely to bury the vault in rubble, making it take that much longer for nWo to get to it. Kyo, The Sweetest Thing, and I are up there to protect the creature, so that it can aid in our defense of the treasury.

The axolotl's back is quite large enough for an interesting fight, with pits and dunes of flesh to maneuver around and over. Further, the creature carries its unborn offspring on its back, so some strange sights will be seen.

And no, you can't switch groups. If you attack the creature from below, or an attack falls from above, the affected group will be informed so as to keep this flowing and consistent.

Ataraxis
05-05-08, 06:00 PM
So you're protecting a gigantic beast that will most likely kill hundreds of lives and cause a a few hundred thousand dollars worth of damage to the city, to secure a chest with less than 8 K in it? A beast that most likely doesn't need your protection? One that kinda just has to barrell roll to kill us all?

I'm cool with that.

Zook Murnig
05-05-08, 06:05 PM
I never said it made complete sense. Just that that's what we were doing.

Dissinger
05-05-08, 06:27 PM
So when can I expect a post from your side so I can start the slaughter?

I feel like Dick Rolling (http://www.lfgcomic.com/page/144) a couple of you...

Raelyse
05-05-08, 06:52 PM
I formally withdraw my interest from this war. as a last statement on the whole thing....

everyone quit yer bitchin, its a game, not a life.

1 down, 4 to go. And I was going to have so much fun with this 1. Oh well.

I don't see why we can't change groups if we can attack from above.

Mutant_Lorenor
05-05-08, 07:27 PM
I'm posting my intro tonight. This should be tons of fun. Godhand, Dan and Raelyse, contact me through IM's so we can plan a bad ass thread.

Raelyse
05-06-08, 05:53 AM
Dear Lorenor,

What's the quickest way to rip you into tiny little pieces small enough to fit into a salt shaker?

xoxo
Raelyse, Danny Poo and Godhand

Slayer of the Rot
05-06-08, 05:56 PM
Yeah, that's about it.

Also, the logistics of this big lizard would be nice, since we apparently have to stop it before it buries a chest in rubble that Dan and Godhand would have little trouble burrowing through.

Melancor
05-10-08, 12:32 AM
Well that was a waste of time.

Dissinger
05-10-08, 03:13 AM
You can thank the wonderful guys at Eternal Eclipse for that one.