PDA

View Full Version : Piracy is not a Crime!

The Bard
06-20-06, 05:19 PM
This quest is for:Krugor, Temmy and me!

Amoroth had his lute tossed over his shoulder and his dream being pummeled to oblivion. A letter had come to him from an eleven messenger from Salvar, with his big droopy eyes a long crooked nose he was not the type of messenger you’d send for good news. Amoroth had been in an inn at the time enjoying a cold glass of ale when the messenger had stumbled through the door way. He stretched a long pale finger from under the lavender robe he was wearing and ordered Amoroth to step closer. The messenger put an arm around Amoroths shoulders and started to stride outside pulling out a ferry ticket. Amoroth stopped and looked at the messenger confused and angry.
“I don’t understand what’s this for, your from Salvar aren’t you explain now?” Amoroth interjected strongly. And the old voice of the messenger replied.
“My name is Edhelas and I am…well a close friend of your father his last words before he went into a coma from a poisoned arrow was to come get you”- Edhelas was cut off by Amoroth as he grabbed both his shoulders and squeezed tightly as tears started to swell up in Amoroths eyes as he yelled at him.
“You lie! Tell me you are kidding me!” Amoroth staring into the huge eyes of Edhelas that at the time looked like they could only tell truth.
“I would not lie to a child of noble birth especially since you are the son of your father; I’ve known him for a thousand years. Now hurry and go to the ferry it boards in fifteen minutes you still have time.” Amoroth nodded and let go starting to run down the path to the port, the messenger watched till Amoroth was out of view brushing of his shoulders thinking to himself I do hope he gets there in time.

Amoroth reached the port noticing an array of people lined up ready to go to Salvar Amoroth got in line and waited. When he was up to board the skipper asked for his ticket. Amoroth dug in his pocket felling for it searching in the right one then the left one, checking in his shirt. Damn it I must of dropped it while running, Amoroth started looking on the ground below and checking behind him.
“I have no time for childish games do you have it or not” The Skipper said getting impatient. Amoroth was on knees starting to get pissed off at himself, tears started to swell again but he held them back Come on Amoroth your 483 you don’t need to be crying Cheer up, the worst is yet to come. Amoroth stood up and tried to bribe the skipper.
“Look my father is injured I need to see him please…Here take some gold how much do you want?” Amoroth said reaching for his gold sack.
“Get that out of here I’m not buying that fake story and I’m not gonna be unfair to all the people who paid for their tickets in advanced you either have or you don’t now quit holding up the line!” The skipper yelled pushing Amoroth back.

Temmy
06-20-06, 08:11 PM
And gaiting slowly towards the conflict was the males saviour…Or his hell…Depending on whether destroyed tickets were accepted…

The small infant had his cotton blanket bundled underneath one arm as he made his way towards Amoroth, the one having a healthy little tantrum. Golden eyes flickered around ever so nervously, taking in the area and any possible threats as the strong salty sea air cleaned out his lungs. In the arm that did not carry one of his few possessions did the young boy have one sorry soggy item…

“Umm… E…Excuse m-m-me, mister?” The child made good to stand out of range of general weapons as it was quite obvious that there were some rather moody patrons ready to flip out like ninjas and a small childs presence was not the safest way to be right now.

Awaiting attention, the child blinked a few times, sleepy from lack of rest…He’d not had a warm place to get shut eye the previous eve and it was catching up with him. He was no fan of this cold either…The nightly rain storms had left small puddles and had soaked him…And it seemed, that to the great misfortune of Amoroth…His valued ticket had decided that it’s location were not to be in his pocket but instead a foggy watered depth of a puddle…The ink that made it valid was faded heavily, slightly torn and frayed at all corners.

If/when attention came to his presence…Nervous tone would echo out to the figure towering out above him as the pathetic looking piece of paper would be held out.
“Th…This fell out of y-your pocket…Sir.” His voice was frighteningly shrill and with each word, the air seemed to whistle a little bit more than the weather currently offered.

“I picked it up and…I followed you…” Honesty was the best policy, surely?
His pale hand was still held out with the soaked ticket, awaiting it’s receiver to do just do that…Receive it. “It…Fell into a…P-pu-pu-puddle…I didn’t do it, I swear, sir.”
The child was obviously nervous, and rightly so, who’d want to piss a group of large strengthful males off? He wasn’t in the mood for a beating of ANY kind…He could only hope THEY weren't in the mood to beat on a child...Which, by the current attitude of some of them...Seemed a scary possibility to the preschooler.

The Bard
06-21-06, 10:55 AM
Brushing himself of Amoroth saw a little boy holding a ticket out in front of Amoroth. The ticket looked like it had gone through hell but it was still recognizable as a ferry ticket. Amoroth took the ticket with care looking into the child’s golden eyes that made Amoroth do into a daze but came back on track with the skipper’s voice.
“Is that child with you sir?” Amoroth nodded and handed the ticket to the skipper. Pushing the boy lightly in front of him as they headed on to the wooden ramp that had been waterlogged, it would probably break if an overweight person had stepped on it. Amoroth had found seats for them to sit in. Amoroth had dried the seats with his cloak before they sat down though it still was wet from the salt water that had sprayed upon deck. It had been a particularly bad day with the heavy winds and the rainstorm that had passed by thou another looked as if it was on its way. Amoroth looked towards the child and asked him.
“I can tell you don’t have a family or a home, and there is still time for you to run of the ferry but if you come with me I will give you these things, but first I need your name and your answer.” Hoping he wasn’t to hard on the kid or confused him Amoroth patted his head to show he meant no harm and was only trying to help from Amoroths eyes ‘a poor boy’. Only problem was Amoroth knew nothing of being a father or raising a child for that matter the only thing his father told him was. Perhaps the best function of parenthood is to teach the young creature to love with safety, so that it may be able to venture unafraid when later emotion comes; the thwarting of the instinct to love is the root of all sorrow and not sex only but divinity itself is insulted when it is repressed. To disapprove, to condemn --the human soul shrivels under barren righteousness. Which still to this day makes no sense at all to Amoroth.

Krugor
06-22-06, 03:30 PM
“Get out of my way or I’ll show you my fungus!”

The group of people packed tightly together moved apart as the rattling skeleton made its way towards it. Striding along the port boulevard with ease now he managed to get near the ferry and its skipper within seconds. “Right, what’s the hold up here? I have some rather smelly mushrooms in my bag and they’re not going to smell any better if we wait much longer!”
“Take it easy! Here, give me your ticket and get on the boat already!” the muscled man gave him a slight push, more or less forcing him to get onto the ramp. “Hmpf, that’s better” Krugor mumbled cranky.

Though his mood became more cheerful when he entered the large ferry. The wooden boat was beautifully decorated and Krugor immediately found a nice seat, right next to the water. Looking over the edge he could see multiple water creatures swimming through the water and it instantly reminded him of the many, many times he spent his time in the small pond behind his house. A slight smile was formed on his lips as he pondered about the days where he taught the neighbourhood children how to swim. I wonder if I can still swim now…being dead and all he thought to himself and the idea of just jumping over the railing and into the water very much appealed to him. He laid both his hands firmly on the thick wooden bar that separated the skeleton from the murky water. The man waved when he saw his own reflection coming up. “Aren’t I just the prettiest skeleton you’ve ever seen” he quietly joked to himself. A swift jump got him onto the bar and standing there he took a deep breath.

But, he climbed down again. The skeleton sat down on his knees and inspected the woodwork near his seat. Something has gotten the man’s attention and all thoughts about jumping overboard spontaneously disappeared. Hmm, it seems this wood here has been rotting for awhile. Pulling loose some of the white and soft substance that was growing on the floor of the ferry he smiled. Another nice find for the mushroom collector. He slowly slipped the fungus into his backpack and fully satisfied he sat down on his chair. “Almost missed that, good thing I didn’t jump” he laughed to himself, grabbing some attention from spectators. “I found some fungus!” he said to them when he noticed them watching, naively hoping they would be as happy as he was, but they just looked at him as if they ate something poisoned.

Osato
07-22-06, 01:55 PM
Due to inactivity this thread has been closed. If you wish for it to be opened again PM the moderator who closed it and ask them to reopen it. However, do so only if you are going to actively roleplay in it again.

Thanks,
~Osato