PDA

View Full Version : Are Cameo appearances allowed?

Melissa
05-07-08, 10:36 PM
Ok, say you are doing a thread and you see no end in sight for it because what you are setting out to do is Nigh on impossible. Let's also say you don't want to make it a 2-parter or call in extra recruits. Would you be allowed to bring in one of your other characters for just a few posts. I'm not talking about posting as them, I want to know if you could mention them showing up and helping out when you make your posts as the character that you would normally post as.

Is this allowed?

for that matter, did my question even make sense?

Arsène
05-07-08, 10:42 PM
Of course it's allowed. As long as they're your creation, you can use them as a NPC.

Also, as long as their appearance makes sense In-Character, then you should be fine with whoever decides to judge.

Ataraxis
05-07-08, 10:42 PM
You could, but if you don't post as them they'll be considered as NPCs and won't be getting any XP. There's nothing that forbids you from posting as them, though.

The question could be clearer, but it was okay.

if you got the approval of someone else, you could also use their characters as NPCs.

Raelyse
05-08-08, 06:19 AM
Raelyse is practically a Gunther. All he does in threads is stay in the background and pine over the next Rachel.

Melissa
05-08-08, 12:40 PM
You could, but if you don't post as them they'll be considered as NPCs and won't be getting any XP.

Ok, next question, same topic. I know they won't be getting any gold or exp, but let's say a weapon broke or they died when they were an npc. If this happened, would they still have an unbroken weapon or be alive as a PC?

Cyrus the virus
05-08-08, 12:45 PM
If they died they'd be dead. It's not like it's suddenly not the same character. You should know this by now, really :p

Melissa
05-08-08, 12:49 PM
You are right, I should, but I like to double check these things. may I also assume the same goes for the broken weapon example, then?

grim137
05-08-08, 12:52 PM
Yes. Unless of course, you can come up with a valid IC reason why they wouldn't actually remain dead or the wouldn't remain broken.

Ataraxis
05-08-08, 04:09 PM
That question aside, I'm really wondering why you'd go through all the trouble of killing a PC-as-NPC, only to not have that translate over when you'll use it as a PC again.

The only thing I can think of is that you'll try to revive that PC in his/her own quest afterwards. But if the PC doesn't permanently die, then I don't understand why you'd have him die in the first place as an NPC: he'd still get XP if you posted as him/her, XP that you'll like after you revive... it.

Melissa
05-08-08, 05:09 PM
Actuaally, I don't want him to die, but at the moment, I see no other way to make his leaving before the job is done make sense. Wait a minute... I've got it. Never mind