PDA

View Full Version : Off-World Quests and Origins

Saxon
05-10-08, 07:26 PM
I have a quick question. This has been brewing in my mind for a while and I think it needs to be answered. When it comes to quests on Althanas, what isn't covered by experience? What I mean, is, if I were to do a quest with my other character, Jack, and it took place before he was on Althanas and back on Earth, would I still get credit, spoils, and experiences for it? What about quests that take place before the character was even made? Could you get experience for those too? I'm just trying to test the waters here.

I don't really see any of it as a big problem, but its just one of those wavy gravy things thats been bothering me.

Breaker
05-10-08, 07:32 PM
Yes. You can gain credit for any piece of IC writing on Althanas, this is one of the reasons "Other Regions" exists.

Ataraxis
05-10-08, 07:33 PM
Well I've seen quests that tell the story of an off-worlder to the point when they land on Althanas. I've also written a quest that occured four years before the age stated in my first profile. Both have been judged normally. I've also read that you can find a gun and use it all throughout a quest, as long as you don't get to keep it at the end. I'm guessing that goes with anything you'd be able to use off-world.

I also believe anything that happens outside of the known regions, including outside of Althanas itself, counts as Other Regions.

Breaker
05-10-08, 09:08 PM
ninja'd joo!!!

*manic laffs*

But on a serious note, Atar raises a good point. As an example, Valentina Snow often quested on Earth. In fact, she once became God in a thread, but gave the power back before the end, since she already had a gun.

INDK
05-11-08, 10:58 AM
I have a quick question. This has been brewing in my mind for a while and I think it needs to be answered. When it comes to quests on Althanas, what isn't covered by experience? What I mean, is, if I were to do a quest with my other character, Jack, and it took place before he was on Althanas and back on Earth, would I still get credit, spoils, and experiences for it? What about quests that take place before the character was even made? Could you get experience for those too? I'm just trying to test the waters here.

I don't really see any of it as a big problem, but its just one of those wavy gravy things thats been bothering me.

Shit man, if you can't do this, take away at least a quarter of my experience.

Logan
05-11-08, 11:46 AM
did...damon...just...post...?

In response to Saxon's question...I believe you can keep them if you can ICly explain away any reasons why your char would. IE: a flashback or something.