PDA

View Full Version : Which is your favorite continent?

Arawn
06-23-06, 09:06 AM
New poll, everyone!

This one is meant to see which is the most popular region on Althanas, excluding Corone and the Other Regions forum. Do you like the magic-oriented continent of the Raiaeran elves or the abundance of detail in our Fallien nation? Do the Haidian demons tickle your fancy or is the icy region of Salvar more your preferance? Perhaps you like the dark elven inclinations of Alerar.

You needn't be RPing in these regions to like them best.

By all means, feel free to justify your choice.

Empyrean
06-23-06, 09:18 AM
I voted Fallien because of the extensive background. It's way interesting and was developed enough for me to use it in the profile of my other character.

Also, I like how that extensive background has come into play in the quests that take place there.

INDK
06-23-06, 09:20 AM
I used to really like Raiaera, but that was mainly because of Eluriand. I liked to kill the undead. Right now, I think Fallien interests me the most, partially because I like deserts, and also because its so new and fresh and full of potential new plots.

Meow
06-23-06, 09:25 AM
Where are Scara Brae and Corone?

I voted Raiaera, even though it's the damn hardest place to spell. Well the red forest and the black desert are my favorite settings for a dangerous quest. And also there’s the magic idea that makes it useful to my new character.

Although I like Alerar's steam punk nature though it feels under used. And Fallien's Middle Eastern flavor with a feminist twist is really cool.

Elrundir
06-23-06, 10:32 AM
*cough* I'm just a bit biased (if you've been around long enough you probably know why), but I'm voting for Raiaera. :p

The Valkyrie
06-23-06, 10:34 AM
Well, I guess I'm partial, but I have to say Fallien. That continent has grown with a will and a heart of its own, and I really can't wait to see where it is going to go next. I know that sounds strange, but everything about it has just kind of been a suprise to even me.

Ther
06-23-06, 10:39 AM
*cough* I'm just a bit biased (if you've been around long enough you probably know why), but I'm voting for Raiaera. :p

He's too modest to admit that most of the early work done on Raiaera was his...but I'm not scared to point it out. ;)

Honestly, I'm not allowed to pick favorites here so I won't, but I will say the region whose development I'm most looking forward to is Fallien's.

Nwara
06-23-06, 11:09 AM
Salvar all the way.

Love the snow. Love the background. Love the countless possibilities.

Ozmodious
06-23-06, 11:20 AM
I'm going to have to go with Alerar considering the Cabal's base of operations is located in Ettermire. That and the technological advances, yup. Though I have to admit, I have big plans for Fallien, big plans.

Eleazar
06-23-06, 11:23 AM
Salvar is nice. It's very icy and I like ice and stuff.

But forever Scara Brae! Why wasn't that there?! :D

Zerith
06-23-06, 11:43 AM
Each continent is unique, yet it wasn't too hard to come to a decision.

In the end I voted for Fallien. I have no clue as to how much time I have spent over these last few days reading all the information I could about it. The history and the bestiary are my favorites. Thanks to Valkyrie for putting up all the information, I'm getting more and more ideas for my upcoming quest there.

I only hope it turns out good enough to become part of Fallien's history.

Krugor
06-23-06, 01:49 PM
I'm so for Haidia. Come on, the whole demon-underworld-near-the-planet-core-only-reachable-by-portal-plus-kickass-dwarves thingy just makes me fall in love with it. Love to start a quest there :D

Slayer of the Rot
06-23-06, 02:18 PM
The history and the bestiary are my favorites. Thanks to Valkyrie for putting up all the information, I'm getting more and more ideas for my upcoming quest there.

I only hope it turns out good enough to become part of Fallien's history.

The beastiary is all me :D It's not done yet at all. I still have plenty more creatures I want to add.

Raiaera comes first for me. I intend on doing a lot more of my future questing there for A) the info and B) the bonuses. And while I am biased, Fallien comes in as a close second.

Cyrus the virus
06-23-06, 06:12 PM
Scara Brae isn't necessarily a region, not in the way some of us consider the other places are regions. It's a small island for beginning players and those helping them, and while it has a great mod and lots of information, it's really just a stepping stone up to the big stuff.

I can't pick one to vote for, though. I've never quested in Raiaera, saving it for something big. Alerar is Izvilvin's homeland and I built a good backstory thanks to the information there and in the storyline. Salvar is epic in size and scope, which gives me that fantasy feeling. Haidia's an underrated, great region, though hard to RP in with certain characters/races. Fallien's great, but Valkyrie bitches at me too much about the color of people's hair, Christ.

So I'd vote for them all, or something.

Horizon's End
06-23-06, 06:40 PM
Hm... I really like Raiaera and Salvar. As it stands now, though, I think Salvar fits in much better with most of my planned plotlines due to its unexplored yet not whimsically filled with everything nature. It's big, it's sparse, it has history. It really does have an epic feel to it, like it might be the remnant of what once was.

Gadgeteer Mikami
06-26-06, 04:26 AM
Wow, this is really hard to choose favorites.

Hrmm... I would have to go with Alerar because of the steampunk technology, considering there's potential in it becoming a really big superpower when it comes to war. But... Fallien is so beautiful and dangerous with all its splendors of the desert. It really reminds me of Dune in a strange way.

Argh... choosing favorites is sooo hard...

Sighter Tnailog
06-26-06, 08:47 AM
He's too modest to admit that most of the early work done on Raiaera was his...but I'm not scared to point it out. ;)

That's really true. Everything I've done in Raiaera has really been just building on top of the excellent foundation provided by Elrundir.

As to what I voted for, take a wild guess.

Emblem
07-01-06, 12:47 AM
I have to say I like Alerar the best out of them all, fore the single reason that it has the only airships in althanas. Aside from that I think I like Haidia the best because it's full of demons and all kinds of evil creatures.

Osato
07-01-06, 01:41 AM
I'm lovin' that Salvar business... it's all icy and such... and pretty. I like it because it's lonely.

Though Scara Brae beats all. Take that.

Jörgen Älvestam
07-01-06, 02:29 PM
Salvar. My prior character (which is a couple crashes ago) had his residence there, additionally I have summer, despise spring, can just barely stand autumn, and adore winter. Only the strongest of life forms live throughout it, the weak and useless merely die, the air is finally crisp and fresh, and all is covered in a sheet of simple purity. Right, and you can snowboard...

Ther
07-01-06, 03:13 PM
Salvar. My prior character (which is a couple crashes ago) had his residence there, additionally I have summer, despise spring, can just barely stand autumn, and adore winter. Only the strongest of life forms live throughout it, the weak and useless merely die, the air is finally crisp and fresh, and all is covered in a sheet of simple purity. Right, and you can snowboard...

Who was your prior character, if you don't mind sharing.