PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Showdown (of ultimate destiny)

Breaker
05-13-08, 10:58 PM
This is a writing exercise closed to Logan. All bunnying approved.

Joshua Breaker Cronen strode into the Akashiman Citadel like a legendary fighter, steps echoing in the high hallways. He gazed in satisfaction upon the glowing stained glass windows and wicked hanging paintings. A shark in familiar sea, he strode in long strides to his favourite door. This door had been where he went often times before and always usually gave a good result.

And surely this time, I will win! He thought, although he had always won before.

The arena he found himself in shone with rays of blinding light. Super hot sun waxed the silver sand, surrounded by stands of empty no people. Josh wondered why this colluseum was empty, but knew he would be fighting there, and this reminded him of why he had come!

Hours before a poor pair of young brothers had asked Josh to fight akashiman citadel battle so they could bet golds on him and win money for food. Josh was knew this should be a good cause and went forth with a vengeance!

Now he stood, calm as a mountain upon fresh snow fall, gazing about for his opponent. Whoever it was would die and earn some money for a good cause of two poor boys brothers. Josh knew he ocuuld win for the strength in his hands and heart.

The air tasted of dust, thick and pasty in his hard downward line mouth. Eyes squinted super thin for the sunlight, he put hands on hips and glared around the empty colloseum. Would his opponent come from sand or stands? No way to know for now.

Logan
05-13-08, 11:13 PM
All bunnying and powergaming approved both ways.

Why in the hell did he request me to do this, the psion questioned to himself. It wasn't fair. Damn that Dirks for picking him to represent Vice in this most auspicious of battles. Dirks had informed him that it was a mission of great importance, and that the medallion he had been handed was infused with powers even he was not aware of.

Pressing the door open with his hand he peered in. He spotted the man inside and smiled. Could the man really have any idea what was about to befall him? Logan stepped through with his swords unsheathed.

"I am Logan McCloud," he said with a telepathic air of near arrogance, "And I've been commissioned to kick your ass." He took off at a sprint's pace and as he approached the taller and much more muscular man, he closed his eyes and swung his swords in flashes of sheer brilliance, the sunlight reflecting amazingly off the blades.

As the blades came down, Logan opened his eyes, but he wasn't staring his opponent down. Quite the contrary. He was facing away from him and could feel his presence directly behind him. What the hell? he thought to himself.

The medallion had been infused with power, for sure, and Logan now experienced a small taste of that power. Phasing out a few feet from Joshua and ending up a few feet beyond him when phasing back in. The real problem lie in the inability to control those powers.

As Logan spun he felt electricity shoot up from beneath him and erupt outward from his swords toward his opponent. It wasn't your ordinary electricity, it was more like lightning, and it was bright green, almost neon-like. The psion's eyes were wide open and truthfully, he was as confused as Josh surely was.

It had been a long past few months and it felt good to finally be back in a Citadel, even if it was the akashiman citadel. The sunlight bathed over his skin and he felt the first tinge of pain as his eyes were temporarily blinded by his own swords. Damn my luck! he laughed inwardly.

Logan knew his opponent, from stories only, but he definitely knew of his ability and skill, and that to some extent freaked the usually steady psion out. Of course, having that damned medallion controlling powers he'd never used before was also a bit unnerving, yet he knew he couldn't just give up. He had to complete this, had to win this, had to for Vice.

Yes, it seemed Vice was growing a rate even the psion was clueless to. Dirks had managed to weave together plots and strategies like a fish in water. It was something Dirks was an expert at, and on the level some of it was rubbing off onto Logan. Each new success yielded a sense of confidence the psion never knew before. It felt good, too. It was like having powers he never had before.

Ironic wasn't it? A voice echoed inside his head. Shit! Not you! he quietly thought to himself. YES ME! Logan had no time to react as he felt something near his position.

Breaker
05-13-08, 11:24 PM
Josh spun to face his opponent and saw him with eyes sharp like blades of prevaldia tipped saw. As the psion attacked Josh backflip dodged, but saw lighting coming after him as he flew away.

"Your lightning skills are no match for my POWER!" Josh yelled like roaring thunder of children's nightmares. He landed from his backflip dodge and let lightning hit upon him.

"I shall resist your PAIN!" He yelled for the lightning and the enemy. His super strong energies let him last through the hurt of the ekletrickity and slowly a small smile crept into a magnifying glass and became a big smile. The lightning attack subsided and Josh drew forth his prevaldia combat bayonet dagger knife to hold in his hand. His feet ran quick like lightning and thunder, then jumped like a flying squirrel off trampoline, high into the air. The wind whistled through his hair and eyelids as he fell, pulling them triangular. He prepared for a two handed strong stab with dagger as he fell upon his opponent, aiming for vital area.

"Feel my blade in your Spleen!" He cried in delicious blood curdling yell. He looked awesome and felt adrenaline strong in his veins. He would for sure stab this man to make money for the brothers who bet upon his victory.

Logan
05-13-08, 11:40 PM
The cold metal of the dagger slid effortlessly through Logan's skin and muscle. He felt ripping of flesh from bone and tendons from muscle. He felt the cold prevalida slip further inside and then even deeper still. Then he felt the dagger pierce through his back.

The feeling of certain death was an odd one, especially when accompanied with the gasps and gargles of blood that easily bellowed from the psion's mouth. The blood fell to the ground, pooling beneath his feet and all around him. It was almost picturesque.

He had come to take care of business, and he actually found himself on the business end of a prevalida dagger. The funny thing about prevalida was it seemed to always to cold. Even Logan's swords were cold whenever they struck -- even on a scorching hot day as the one the two combatants fought in.

Logan felt the last of his breath escape his lungs as the blood filled his remaining air pockets, and as quickly as it began it was over...

Or was it? Logan felt the blade sliding outward beyond his back and all at once he felt his body regenerating itself. Holy hell... the psion thought to himself.

Now you know, Logan, the true power of the one who controls you from within! The voice grew louder, but it didn't seem to phase his opponent, who was as clueless as he was. But, I mean, you don't control me. the psion queried internally.

Well, not yet, but I will the voice echoed intently. Logan stood as the blood begin to cease it's incessant pouring and the wounds began to close and heal themselves.

He had no clue how long the actual battle would take, but knowing that he could regenerate if the medallion so chose definitely made the impression of a long battle nearly inevitable.

Sliding his trenchcoat from his arms and letting it fall to the ground he popped his neck and his back. As he began to pop his knuckles he smirked and pointed at Josh, "It's going to take a hell of a lot more than that to stop me," he intoned telepathically to Josh.

Logan questioned a bit just how Dirks came to be in possession of the dagger. It just seemed so improbable that the most heroic villain in all of Althanas would come to acquire such a valuable artifact, and for that matter, that he'd give it up. What did Dirks know that Logan didn't?

Or did he know anything Logan didn't?

Or maybe I know something and let Dirks in on it? the voice expertly countered the psions thoughts. FUCK Logan internally berated himself. He hated that damn voice, especially when it was playing with him.

He had always been the one to toy with other's minds, not the other way around, and worse yet, it was his own mind playing tricks on him. He had, even for a while, gone temporarily insane while he fought the voice inside his own mind, but somehow, he overcame it.

At least he wasn't under it's control anymore.

Breaker
05-17-08, 04:02 PM
The blade was mighty, but the enemy was mightier, and he survived to mock Josh with his telepathic magics.

"Dowah!" Jush cried, sweat like buckets appearing on his face. He quickly felt better though and it went away. He knew he was more cleverer than his opponent, and only wanted to prove it which was why he talked.

"Why do you talk with your mind when you could talk with your MOUTH?" Josh wasn't sure why he was shouting, but it sure felt GOOD!

With one super karate monkey death car hand he snatched up a handful of sand, crushing it in mighty fingers of great strength and power. The air seemed to turn purple around him as he squeezed the handful of sand until it became a rock. It was a small rock though, not much bigger than his thumb but he could still throw it good.

Josh had a good strategy to beat his opponent. It would be hard to pull off but he knew he could do it because he always won. For the first part of strategy hee needed to surprise Logan a lot, so he suddenly did three backflips then tap danced for awhile, causing the nenemeies mouth to fall open in shock. This was the second or third part of Josh's plan, not sure which, but with his super powers he charged surplus energy into the small rock he had made from sand.

Colors flashed in the air as his mighty, mighty, mighty body glowed in perspiration and awesome. All the magic colors seemed to go into the rock, but when it was all over the rock looked normal, but Josh knew it was not far from normal. He knew from his powerful past experience that when the rock hit something it would make a big explosion! So he threw it at Logan's mouth, reallly hard and really fast, like faster than a bullet but not really.

"If you don't use your mouth for talking maybe I should blow it up! he shouted for Logan and the empty stands. Josh put his hands on his hips and struck an ultra regal pose, but not like a poser or anything, it was cool.