PDA

View Full Version : The Weapon Collector

Yggdrasil
05-21-08, 09:41 AM
((Open to all, Bevel Left an opening in our thread, so it’s a Sequel to the Events in “a NEW sword”))

Aiesear Looked up from where he stood, wondering idly how he had gotten into his current situation, possibly when he had bought that weapon, he supposed. His home, the City of Scara Brea was bathed in an unnatural clear night; a half moon seemed to crawl along the sky at no clear visible pace. Despite the rather poor lighting his surroundings weren’t all that dark, truly the moon was at the brightest it had ever been.

Aiesear Was young, a lad with messy brown hair and almost cat like eyes, his was fully human and wore loose clothing with a few unneeded belts and buckles. The Boy Considered himself an Adventure, or maybe a warrior, he was going to start his career by joining the city guard, then later to become a Knight of Scara Brae.

Or maybe he would become the best of the Scara Scourge, but he didn’t know how to go about joining them.

However it was almost past 10,00 o’clock, if his sense of time was accurate, and although he was a mighty 14 year old boy, his mother was going to kill him, but he had business to attend. The City stood as it always had, and right now he wished he was in the actual main part of the city, unlike at the docks, which was not a place he wanted to be, due to being habituated by the most unruly of drunken sailors.

But this was where it was

He approached one of the older ship factories, one set for some refurbishment or other upgrade, but at the moment it served another purpose quite nicely. Due to it not going to be started working on for yet another Month it gave them ample time to deal with what needed to be done.

He approached the ragged fence and started to climb up and over it, it may have kept a few people out, but Aiesear considered him self quite talented at scaling objects and leapt off the top to the other side below.

Only for impact to shoot up his leg in surprise, his balance caved in and the air exploded from his lungs in an instant. He followed through by going into an impromptu roll, causing more pain to roll through his body.

He wasn’t hurt per say, but his dignity and pride had certainly taken a worse tumble then he did, with a scoff of breath at his own luck and violently started to beat the dirt and dust off himself.

As soon as he entered the old Ship Factory his eyes glanced around for it, but it wasn’t going to be easy, ‘It’ was not the same as it was when he had worked with that drow to scam the precious artefact from some weapon dealer.

Back then it was a simpler thing

“ Do you now know the location? ” The voice rang through his head instead of his ears, there was no Echo save for the impression he felt behind the words, calm curiosity.

“Where are you?” he called out to the rather empty and silent room, nothing around save for the gentle ocean water that lapped up against the walls within the pit where they built the boats. He would rather not talk to an Empty room, he never liked it, a rough up bringing of a lower class citizen could affect people in so many different ways.

“ Behind you ”

He turned around casually of cause, maybe a little cautiously, there was no telling with this thing, although it would Fiercely Protect its wielder, Aiesear, for the moment was NOT the wielder, it didn’t have one at the moment. But there it stood, leaning against a wall with its arms folded, it looked similar to the illusion it had first spun that attracted his attention, and even then he only saw it due to some unforeseen potential.

Gender, the thing may not have, but it truly leaned to a female in despite that lack, Long and wavy snow white hair, and even in this light there was no mistaking the Golden slit eyes on a rather exotic rune marked face. Oh yes there was a reason Aiesear had found his attention stolen, however it’s form of clothing was still odd, a white sleeveless leather body suit of some kind with silk like tassels falling from the shoulders and a half skirt, along with winged shoes.

“Yeah, it’s –“a loud crash interrupted him, he spun in the direction and heard a muffled curse, he turned quickly back to the being that had also looked in the direction of the noise and had narrowed its eyes.

“ You were followed? ” Aiesear wasn’t sure it was a question, so he didn’t say anything, so golden eyes turned back to him “ you had best be off, I’ll contact you later, I’ll see what this is about ”

Aiesear Nodded and turned and left. Yggdrasil pushed it’s body away from the wall silently contemplating, never in it’s time, had it control or energy to actually forge a body, and curiously, despite it’s changing nature, this was one thing it could not drastically change.

But Self diagnostics could wait later; there was after all someone here to deal with.

Yggdrasil
05-27-08, 09:16 AM
((Still open, in fact, I need someone to jump in so I can manip-, err persuade you to help threaten the antagonist =P))

Thomas Cursed, of all the loose and brittle floorboards he had to step on, his foot had to go right through it, of all the dumb luck. No doubt his position had been given away too, damn that meant that his boss was not going to be happy with him, and it was such a simple task too, follow some kid who supposedly got his hands on some kind of weapon, tale him to where he stashed the thing, collect and deliver it to his boss.

He heard the scuttle of steps from the kid, no doubt fleeing from the scene, and by the time Thomas reached the balcony that looked over the ground floor, the kid was indeed gone. “Damn” he cursed again looking at the back of the kid pass through an open doorway and out of sight, his eyes turned to the centre of the room where…

“Who the hell?” he mumbled, sure people of unique figures, races and species pass through Scara Brae, usually Haphazard looking adventures with clothing styles that had been put through the wear and tear of years of hardship. This one looked like she had just stepped out of heaven?

“ Do you work for him? ” at first Thomas wasn’t quite sure if he had heard it, it wasn’t a voice at all, but … Telepathy? If she was telepathic then why ask a question?

The Man gave no answer, all he did was look down in confusion, and While Yggdrasil could have waited for anything to happen, it knew of one sure way of getting a response out of the man if he was apart of THAT company.

Her right arm spread out to its size, extending to its full length, and in her hand, when Thomas thought to look was what had been described to him. A sphere of glowing water, or crystal of some description, it looked like a treasure of lost continents, and his suspicion was only confirmed when the sphere, Morphed.

It became a spear, made from the same blue crystal like material as the Sphere, decorated with intricate shapes with a spear top that split down the centre; at some point the shaft seemed to split reviling a contrasting red orb.

“That’s it eh? The Weapon my boss wants” he asked the woman, who replied only to point the spear towards him, if he was a fighter, or a warrior, he could have noted by the way the spear was being held, that she wasn’t proficient in it’s use, or the way it was held that suggested it was lighter than it looked.

He wasn’t so he didn’t know

Thomas vaulted over the railings and dropped down to even ground, unsheathing his iron long sword with a frown. Not that he wasn’t planning on taking it, but he had been expected the kid to be in the woman’s place should he have to take it by force.

“Hand it over lass, if I don’t get it, my boss will just be sending stronger goons than me” it was only fair to give a warning right, but the woman didn’t seem to hear him, instead the spear returned to the sphere and faded into the woman’s hand. Only for a glowing sphere of what he could only describe as magic take form in place of the spear.

“Son of a –“

The sphere of raw manna flew fast and hit hard, taking his breath before pent of psychic energy left over in the sphere exploded outwards, and Thomas being in the centre of the secondary force was lifted from his position and sent flying back into the wall of the Ship factory, where he started groaning and rubbing the back of his head and his gut.

“We are one in the same, this weapon your ‘Boss’ seeks, has no wish to be put up on display. You would do well to tell him, before I step in to do so ”

‘ Despite my new abilities, in order to get the point across to that man, I will need a suitable Hjor ’ Yggdrasil concluded before turning around and leaving, the ground only just feeling the tell tail point’s of pressure it would recognise as footsteps.

“Yggdrasil?” Came the quiet voice of Aiesear, who although young and naive, not once when he was Hjor had he ever abused the powers it gave. It calmly turned to the young boy who stepped out of the shadow, giving the most brief of nods before continuing “Aiesear, you should get some rest”

The Forgotten
05-28-08, 10:42 PM
Colors swirled and danced in the restless dreams of the exhausted wanderer. There was a family, parents and a sister, smiling and waving at him through the ocean of pigments. Faceless, emotionless figures that he had painted smiles onto. They knew him, but they were strangers to his eyes.

Stab, stab, stab!

Tired eyes crept open as hundreds of tiny daggers dug into his brain and gouged out his eyes. Placing a hand to his forehead, the soothing cool relief was momentary.

Knock, knock, knock!

A fresh wave of knives shredded his brain as he swung his legs over the edge of the bed and pulled on the trousers lying in a wrinkled pile on the floor. His faded blue shirt had clearly seen better days. He laced up his shoes after calling out a half-hearted “I’m up already” to the impatient stranger on the other side of the door.

He stood and stretched, only a touch unsettled by the pops and cracks that whispered from his back and knuckles. His left side ached from the bed, but it was all he could afford at the moment. Striding over to the door, half-closed eyes glared death at the slivers of light flitting through the cracks in the shutters.

So this is what they called a hangover.

His close-cropped brown hair was quite disheveled; half of it stood straight up while the other half was plastered against his head. Pulling the door slightly open, he peered through the crack to the irritated face of the innkeeper’s wife. He sighed and the woman waved her hand across her nose to clear the dragon’s breath that spewed from his mouth.

“I’m leaving, don’t worry. I already paid to sleep in.”

She seemed satisfied with the answer and stalked away, leaving the tired man to close the door and flop onto the bed once more. Well, it was now or never. He couldn’t just lie around all day. A straight-edge razor blade produced from the back pocket of his trousers cleaned up the scruff that had accumulated on his face overnight and running his head under the faucet was enough to set his hair back where it was supposed to be. That was the easy part.

Half an hour later, the lanky man stepped out of his room and walked with little enthusiasm down the single flight of stairs to the Inn’s common room. They were serving lunch already. Covering his mouth while he let out a rather large yawn, the man waved his farewell to the innkeeper and picked up a sturdy wooden pole from the rack of confiscated weapons. Its heft was a welcome reassurance as he stepped out into the afternoon sun.

Scara Brae was a name that tickled the edge of his consciousness just like half of the other names he heard. He knew his name. He knew nothing else. Pleasant passersby smiled at him and he tipped his head down slightly with a smile hidden in the corner of his mouth. They continued on with their life, he continued wandering aimlessly.

“You seem the type that’s looking for something, but don’t know exactly what you’re looking for.”

The voice was hushed and coming from somewhere behind him. Glancing over at one of the shop windows casually, he noticed the reflection of a hooded and cloaked man behind him. Since he had stopped moving and the figure had stopped as well, he concluded that the speaker was indeed the one behind him. He could have laughed, but decided against it; no need to irritate the mysterious stranger that could probably kill you without blinking.

“And you know what I’m looking for, do you?”

He couldn’t help the sarcasm that laced his words any more than the hooded figure could hide the irritation they caused.

“In fact, I believe I do. You see, I’m looking for something, but I am quite busy at the moment so I cannot spare the time I need to search for it myself. You should be able to find it by the docks if you would like to take the job. I will pay you handsomely for it.”

“What would I be looking for?” The tall man asked with a heavily skeptical undertone. “And why is it so important to you?”

The cloaked figure chuckled slightly. “You’ll know it when you see it. That’s all you need to know… but it is in your best interest that you take this request… Jessie.”

In a suitably creepy production, the cloaked figure faded out of view while cackling quietly to no one in particular. It took a moment after he vanished before the other man realized that the cloaked man shouldn’t have known his name.

Creepy, but curious. There can’t be much harm in going along with his little ploy, and I can always say I couldn’t find it if he shows up later.

The young man smiled and picked up his pace toward the docks, a slight bounce in his step that wasn’t there before. His walk turned into a dead sprint, however, when something in his gut started to wrench. Something was happening, and he was going to miss it if he didn’t hurry. His corners were sharper; people moved out of his way or fell aside when he flew by.

There was a racket in the distance, like someone being thrown against a noisy wall. The only thought in Jessie’s head was that he was going to be late again if he didn’t take more shortcuts. Tossing his staff over a tall chain fence, the slightly athletic man made quick work of the barrier and leapt down, bending his knees and landing on all fours to minimize the impact. The oaken weapon was a short distance away and quickly returned to its rightful place in his hand as he stopped for a moment to catch his breath. Until the noise started again, he was completely lost in the docks. If only there was someone to follow… or at least someone who knew what was going on in this insane world. That would make things so much easier.

Edward Judorne
05-28-08, 11:34 PM
Edward began looking around Scara Brae for something out of the ordinary. Anything at all would have helped at this point. He had come only because he needed to check something he overheard out.

Yesterday, when in the tavern Edward was mindinghis own business when he overheard a man talking about some sort of odd magical artifact they had seen recently. As was his usual, Edward immediately started listening a bit closer as soon as the word 'Artifact' was uttered. It was Edward's mission in life to keep all artifacts out of the hands of evil, but unfortunately, finding this object seemed to be as impossible as trying to run a mile in 5 minutes. This was mainly due to the fact that he had no clue what he was looking for.

After a bit of searching, Edward found himself ready to admit defeat when something caught his eye. Off in the distance was what looked like a white haired golden eyed lady facing off against a man, and while it seemed the woman was winning, there was something about her that drew Edward forward. Eventually he came close enough to the woman to realize something was off, and that it wasn't a woman at all. Something about it just didn't even seem human.

Edward remained quiet and watched as the woman tossed a magical orb at the man. Was this orb the artifact he was looking for? He had to know, but as he was about to investigate, a small boy came out of the corner and said but one word.

"Yggdrasil?" The kid said, and oddly, the woman-looking-thing seemed to react to this.

Edward could take no more of this. Already, a ton of questions were going through his head. He had to know the answer.

"Alright, I give up, who or what is Yggdrasil? I'm sorry about barging in like this, but it looked like you could use some help." Edward asked loud enough so the kid and the white haired lass could hear.

If you need to, it is okay to bunny Edward. If you decide to go this route I'll PM you if I want anything to be changed.

Yggdrasil
05-29-08, 06:31 AM
((OOC: pass on the bunny, i don't know your character enough to even want to attempt it))

Aiesear smiled, it wasn’t often Yggdrasil spoke with concern, especially not when he wasn’t the wielder, of late he had felt like a running lackey for the ancient weapon. Aiesear opened his mouth to say just as such, but the voice that flowed around the two was not his, and Yggdrasil had already turned its attention to a stranger approaching, the boy noted her hand arc as if it was holding an unseen ball.

The man inquired what or who a Yggdrasil is, and Aiesear’s features ran cold, scared, he didn’t dare look at the Avatar in the eye, it had seen what it could do before, and that was before it had unlocked more of it’s power, displeasing said weapon didn’t seem like a good thing.

“But-but … I didn’t” he stumbled and stuttered with his words, stopping altogether when Yggdrasil made a discreet movement in stepping before him with a single arm lazily out stretched, protection?

Yggdrasil was running all kinds of assessments about this stranger, to come out of nowhere was one thing, to come from nowhere asking what Yggdrasil is was reason enough to step up the alert and prepare itself to tap into it’s manna reserves.

Warning Bells aside, the man, while he had a slight frame was setting off warning bells within Yggdrasil, unlike the last to find it, it doubted a single Manna bolt would but this one out of commission. The Damascus Rapier was the hint, Yggdrasil while very Foreign with the ways of the world, had made enough observation in Scara Brae, to note that such material for a weapon was uncommon unless they were a proven warrior, or at least someone who knew how to handle a situation.

As of late, everyone who turned there attention on a Glowing sphere of solid crystal water, seemed to recognise that it was some form of weapon. And that the local weapon collector, an owner of a rather large museum of weapons had set a rather intriguing price for its retrieval.

That made everyone a potential obstacle

However no one had connected the Woman with white hair and golden eyes, to even be related to such a weapon, which was quite safely hidden away within its own body. Even still it wasn’t about to tell this man it’s life story and current predicament, while it wanted to find a Hjor to help with it’s current problem, it wanted one of a neutral party.

“ An interesting question ” it spoke feigning amusement

“ Yggdrasil, is said to be the world tree, a great ash tree located at the centre of the universe that connects nine worlds, although I am sure a good book or a Valkyrie would be able tell you exactly what it is ”

And yet, every word that had been said was true

“I am Mimameid Laerad, my young companion here is Sear ” came the un-bodied voice once more, and still Yggdrasil had spoken the truth.

While the name it had gave itself was uncommon, it was also another name that Yggdrasil was sometimes known as, while the name it had spoke for Aiesear, was a simple shortened down version

The Forgotten
05-29-08, 12:07 PM
Voices were always a good thing. You could learn a lot about someone by just listening to them talk. Their general personality, what they thought of you, where they were. The voices were just the guide he needed to find whatever he was looking for. They weren’t exactly arguing, but his sharp ears easily caught undertones that said things weren’t exactly going smoothly for either party.

It was the womanly voice that made his heart jump, but it not in a good way. Somehow, it was strange. Like it was clawing at the edge of his mind. Soft soles whispered across the hard-packed ground and stone. He was much closer to the voices now and there was still another wall between him and his target… or so he hoped.

Yggdrasil. Why does that name sound familiar? Probably the same reason everything does. I feel like I’ve heard that name before… used that name before…

Thoughts reeled through his mind at a breakneck pace. Yggdrasil. It was clearly a name, and names tied to weapons always meant they were something special. Yggdrasil as the world tree; had he been there once before? Valhalla. Heaven. Lenneth. Skuld. Names tied to nothing throbbed in the forefront of his mind. Mimameid Laerad. Sear. Jessie. Jessica. None of them were real names, including the two he went by.

It was about this time when something went wrong, as it always tends to happen. When the tall man leaned up against the “wall” separating him from the two unknown parties, it proved nowhere near as sturdy as he was expecting. Wooden panels groaned then clambered to the ground to reveal the eavesdropper holding his wooden staff casually across the small of his back, smiling awkwardly.

“Eh… I couldn’t help but overhear your conversation. Is there any sort of trouble, miss?”

Edward Judorne
05-31-08, 11:33 AM
Edward shook his head.

"Interesting cover story you have there. Too bad I can see right through it. Tell me, if what you say is true, why did your attention seem to shift to that sear kid when all he said was the word Yggdrasil? In fact, if what you claim is true, just saying the word Yggdrasil would make no sense. I'll tell you what I think. Judging from your reaction, I'd say it's likely your name. My question to you is why would you try to hide your own name? Are you some kind of criminal trying to get your next big haul? That would be my guess, and if that is the case, it is my sworn duty to stop you." Edward said, pulling out his rapier in mistrust.

At that precise moment, a new face arrived on the scene. A man with a staff weapon seemed to be concerned with the woman Edward was talking to. Immediately jumping to the wrong conclusion again Edward got in a batle ready stance.

"He your bodyguard or something?"

Yggdrasil
05-31-08, 12:41 PM
The Only redeeming factor of this situation was the almost limitless amount of amusement it found in irony. Cover story, indeed, the man had taken it with liberal amounts of suspicion and came to a conclusion about it.

Yggdrasil was now accused of being a criminal, and mentally it scoffed at the thought, it was far above the needs and wants of a petty thief, Murder didn’t even come into that Equation, effectively it was a sword, and what else did it do besides being put on display.

“Hey that’s not Right!” Aiesear All but shouted, ignoring the newcomer all together, it was at that time Yggdrasil briefly turned it’s attention to the one with the staff, who had asked a question of concern. Nodding its head ever so briefly, Yggdrasil turned its attention back onto the half elf.

“You can’t go around accusing someone of being a Criminal, besides you look like a damn con artist yousel-“

Aiesear was effectively silenced when Yggdrasil held its arm before the boy’s face, with a look that effectively told him to be quiet; he released his breath and turned an angry frown to the half elf.

“ You drew up an Interesting assumption, what I told you was no cover story, you asked me what Yggdrasil was, and I told you ”

Aiesear quickly lost his frown and looked at Yggdrasil in curiosity, while the Telekinesis was an odd way to communicate all the time, he had grown used to it, along with the faint whispers of emotion that went along with it.

“ And yes while I did answer to the name Yggdrasil, it is also one of many, the name I gave you is indeed one of my own ” The emotion the surrounded it’s words like a blanket, was both cold and calculated

“ To some your sense of duty is commendable, but you seem to have misplaced it today ” Yggdrasil turned its attention back to the fence-borne man and nodded it’s head in recognition once more, while the extra attention was unwanted, it was not above expressing its thanks.

And without missing a beat, the young boy by Yggdrasil’s side also nodded to the staff wielding man “Pleasant day” at least what is left of the day at least, he thought with a yawn.

Canen Darkflight
06-02-08, 06:55 AM
((If anything posted below disagrees with any part of the plot, pm me.))

-The Boss's Room-

"So, you can get what I want?"

There came a stressed groaning from the supports of his chair as the boss hauled his cloaked body further back into its smooth leather cove. The sweet odour of tobacco wafted through the small study, where Syrion stood leaning gently onto a priceless antique bookshelf. Even through the fumes flowing through his nostrils, the Khaian could smell the oak, and it smelt like it had been carved five minutes ago. It was one of those smells that just stunk of cash, and it happened to be his favorite smell.

"I can get you a golden Elephant and a carnival of nudists..." Syrion mused, crossing his idle leg over his standing one "...as long as you pay for them."

He was quite busy observing the twisting smoke forms swirl and flow through the oak panelled room in a linear stream before the boss leaned forward into the the desk in front of him, being careful to place his elbows equally apart on the surface, and levelled with the Khaian in his typically gruff and nonchalant 'business' tone.

"You understand the terms of your engagement?"

Syrion placed a black chalice into his left hand, and clicked at the nearby servant to have it filled quicker than physically possible.

"Sure. We're playing a very expensive game of fetch. I don't know your name, I don't know the valuation of the goods, but what I do know is that i'm going to get a good return on the time and effort I spend getting this kit for you."

The boss huffed. To hear any other kind of retort from the Khaian now would have probably flung him into a rage, and had felt more and more sure that he had made a mistake in giving this child the job. But after all, he needed someone, and some expendable.

"I am the only person who can give you a job that pays this much money..." The boss continued. "The only person in Scara Brae."

Syrion laughed. "And I'm the only person willing to do a job like this. Otherwise, we could all go home and leave it to the boy scouts, eh? Now..." Syrion continued, sipping from the lip of the chalice slowly, "...tell me what I need to know..."

The Forgotten
06-05-08, 11:52 PM
The man with the rapier, a finely worked blade if he had ever seen one, wasted no time in forming conclusions based on insubstantial amounts of evidence. Sure it was a cover story, but Jessie could tell that the woman and her traveling companion were no thieves. It was just a hunch. A hunch that was generally right.

The tall stranger pushed some debris aside with his staff while words continued to fly from one mouth (or mind, as the case was) to another. He walked casually between both parties practically invisible to their eyes thanks to a severe case of aggressive tunnel vision. A resounding crack filled the air, echoing off the storage buildings like a thunderclap. Even if the woman, boy, and man were content to argue, he was starting to get irritated. Pointless bickering was one of the generally patient man’s hot buttons.

The crack, obviously enough, came from the wooden staff’s end slamming into the paved road. What kept their attention, however, was the fact that they were no longer looking at an ordinary tall man. Red eyes peered out from behind long pink bangs, first at the man, then at the pair. The pink hair was one shock, but the second came in examining the rest of “his” body. No longer was he tall. No longer was he a “he”.

“If you three will just SHUT UP for one minute, maybe we can figure out what’s going on here!”

It was the surest way to get attention, even if the form was a bit embarrassing. Jessica, the name he used as a girl, had a bit of a reputation for being short-tempered. A modest pair of breasts, clearly visible beneath a tight black tee shirt, solidified that he was now a she. An unnumbered rule in fighting also came into play with the gender swap: girls are always more dangerous than guys, especially when upset.

“You, with the sword. Yes, I’m talking to you.” She walked up closer, yet still well out of his range. “What right do you have to just deem someone a criminal on the spot? For all you know, they could have been chasing one!”

She spat to the side and whipped around, flowing hair only emphasizing her irritation. Now her ire was aimed at the woman and the boy.

“And you… can’t you see he has a weapon? The least you could do is not making up something to try appeasing him! And here I thought girls were usually smarter than that. Honestly, if you don’t have anything to hide, there’s no reason to give a convoluted answer to a simple question.”

She crossed her arms and shifted her weight to her right leg, a pose she had used far too often in irritation. This was turning out to be a bad day. Whatever happened to the thing at the docks that the mysterious figure was going to pay handsomely for? A rotten day indeed.

Edward Judorne
06-06-08, 08:47 AM
Edward looked at Yggdrasil in confusion, then at the man turned woman.

"Look, lady, I don't know what your problem is, but I was already corrected once on my assumption. I'm sorry about that. You should know though, that when trying to catch a criminal, Especially the type I'm trying to catch, there isn't much time to gather evidence. You will notice, though that I made no violent actions on my assumption. If Yggdrasil truly was the type of person I was looking for he would have attacked me. You see, I was told there was a magical artifact somewhere here and I know from experience just how dangerous those things can be. It's been my sworn duty to make sure magical artifacts don't fall into the wrong hands for years.

To give you an example of how dangerous magical artifacts can be, I have had to face off against someone with one that could turn people to stone with a simple burst of magic. I've also had to retrieve one that opened a portal to the depths of the underworld, allowing demons to roam free.

Do you understand why I am forced to make rash judgements sometimes, now?" Edward said, slightly irritated. His attention then turned to Aisear

"Con artist, Huh? First you ask me not to accuse someone of being a criminal, then you accuse me of being a con-artist? Maybe you should heed your own advice before taking any actions." He calmly said before his attention and curiousity turned back to Yggdrasil.

"While I am willing to believe you about not being a criminal for the time being, a few things still don't make sense. Who was that, and why were they attacking you? A better question though, is who or what are you? I know you said your name is Yggdrasil. That is not what I am asking. I want to know what you are. I want the truth. I have my suspicions, but as Sear pointed out, it would be wrong to make assumptions. What I can tell you is that you are not what you want us to believe. No creatures I know could avoid breathing for as long as you have. Those markings on your face also seemed strange, but your lack of breathing gave it away." Edward stated, staring directly at Yggdrasil, as if that would help him confirm what it was.

"Actually, I must admit, I am being quite impolite. I apologize for that. Who am I to criticize you. Everyone has secrets they need to keep, myself included. Now, perhaps we got off on the wrong foot. My name is Edward Judorne. Nice to meet you." Edward said, holding out his hand for Yggdrasil to shake.

Yggdrasil
06-06-08, 11:37 AM
- The Weapon collector room –

He regarded the young mercenary, typically he didn’t usually employ the use of such people, but his own men’s ability to acquire this latest item, was proving to be somewhat beyond them. He sighed before casting a glance at one of the many weapon cases he had in his office, this room was filled with genuine enchanted weapon he had found over the years, he had so many unique or enchanted weapons he had been able to create this museum.

“It’s a weapon, said to originate from the lands to the north east of here” he said giving the mercenary the basic of the basic information he had about it “Said to have toppled kingdoms, slain kings, it’s been in the hands of countless warriors and is older than dirt, it’s priceless”

Julanos Cottier tapped his chin thoughtfully, his hair short and trimmed to eye length was usually pushed back, however at the moment his hair seemed to fall forward as if representing his lack of formality at the moment. “It wasn’t easy to gain this information, but I got scraps, mentions in books here, illustrations in others”

He reached to one of the draws of his oak desk and pulled out a leather back thin book, and tossed it lazily into his desk for the mercenary to view. “That is a collection of all the relevant information about it I have collected, at best it’s a shape shifting weapon, and according to some stories it’s also sentient, and the last known location, was here in Scara brae about 5 days ago”

“I believe we have already discussed our fee”

((The book is basically Yggdrasil’s level 0 stats))

- Scara Brae- the Docks

Yggdrasil turned to look at the man with the staff, the one who had just lost his patience and in the blink of an eye, his hair grew and turned pink, his eyes became red, mass changed and last but not least the gender of the man changed so abruptly Yggdrasil actually blinked.

‘I don’t believe that’s a natural human talent’ But Yggdrasil had to put its curiosity aside for now as her would be accuser started a long winded explanation for his actions. He said he was a man who had sworn to protect magical artefacts from falling into the wrong hands. That part alone had Yggdrasil bought, it wasn’t often fate drops the perfect candidate before you for manipulation, but then again he didn’t even seem he would need any manipulating to get him to join Yggdrasil cause.

It would also seem he was quite observant, not many people could point out the fact that Yggdrasil’s exotic avatar did not breath, seldom blinked and generally did not possess any internal organs; then again Yggdrasil had not had this avatar for long.

He eventually introduced himself as Edward Judorne and held out his hand for Yggdrasil to shake

Aiesear watched on, scratched the back of his head before suppressing a groan ‘an I thought Yggdrasil could talk non-stop’

“ A pleasure I am sure ” the avatar spoke before ignoring the hand to bow politely instead, not that Yggdrasil didn’t know the gesture, it just didn’t seem right to go and actually replicate it.

Yggdrasil cast a glance back to the man-turned-woman, considered something before turning back to Edward “ However it would seem I am favoured this day, for you see ” Yggdrasil held out a palm, not to shake Edwards hand, but to allow it’s true form to appear instead

“ A Magical artefact as you so elegantly put it, as of now it is being hunted by an enthusiastic collector of such items, the man from before I believe was also working for that man ” Aiesear looked somewhat startled, Yggdrasil had been the one to suggest that they keep it’s true forms appearance to a minimum, but here it was breaking it’s own rule in front of two complete strangers.

“I plan on persuading the man not to venture an interest in this item”

The Forgotten
06-17-08, 10:48 PM
Irritating. That was what these two were. Irritating, pompous, self-righteous jerks. They both knew that they were the center of the universe, or at least they thought they were, and that ticked Jessica off to no end. Very few things could get under her skin more than that. Edward, the honorary protector of everything magical and dangerous. Did that make Jess worthy of his “protection”? After all, a guy who could change into a girl could be considered a magical artifact. Then Yggdrasil... cold, dry, and thinking far too highly of herself.

They're so full of themselves, I'm surprised they can walk without spilling their egos.

“So, Yggdrasil, how do you plan on telling that collector to stop paying attention to whatever that sphere in your hand is? I doubt it will be as simple as asking him to leave it alone.”

A new headache surfaced from the depths of the gender-bender's brain. Just one mug of beer, that's all he had drank. Jessie had absolutely no stomach for alcohol. She, on the other hand, was strangely tolerant. Why hadn't he changed before drinking?

“You'll know it when you see it.” Through the headache, those words from earlier haunted her brain. This sphere was obviously what that mysterious person had been talking about.

“ And what exactly is this magical artifact? If I'm going to help you, I need more information than just the fact that it exists.”

Slamming her fist into her palm, a purple glow surrounded her hands to reveal an Æthereal violet blade surrounding her left forearm and hand when she pulled them apart. A slight trail followed the blade until it vanished a few seconds later.

“But either way, I'm here if you need help.”

Edward Judorne
06-20-08, 08:51 PM
Edward was slightly annoyed as the mysterious Yggdrasil ignored his handshake. It wasn't that he didn't understand why, he was smart enough to figure Yggdrasil out at this point. The last few pieces of the puzzle were falling into place. Yggdrasil had mentioned having many names, and he never moved his lips or breathed. Yggdrasil was obviously hiding something from the beginning, why else would he lie about his name? Refusing to shake Edward's hand was enough to give it away. The body was most likely an illusion, that was what Yggdrasil was hiding. He had most likely refused the handshake for that reason as well, it wasn't that he wouldn't do it, but more likely that he couldn't do it. Edward was highly curious about this theory of his, but decided to keep it quiet for now. For the moment, at least, he'd have to go along with the charade. That was what annoyed him.

"I'm also curius about that artifact. What is it called and how does it work?" Edward paused, realizing he was sounding suspicious again.

"Actually, it's probably better that I don't know. Either way, I know from experience that those who are mad for power can't be talked down. I'll protect you, and the lady if things get out of hand, Yggdrasil, assuming you don't mind if I tag along, that is."

Taskmienster
10-02-09, 03:19 PM
This thread has been waiting for over a year. If you would like to complete it, or work on it further, you can PM myself or another staff member and ask for it to be moved. However, till that time, it will be resting in the Scara Brae Archive forum.

Thanks,
~Task