PDA

View Full Version : Damascus Mines

A Nony Mouse
05-24-08, 10:33 AM
Speed writing exercise. PM if you want to join.
Travis stood up from his spot on the steps and looked out into the ground of fae gathered in the Crystal Square. He had been spending a lot of time in Donnalaich lately, the strange fairy-like citizens of the ancient city no longer amazed him as they once had. Although, small creatures flying just overhead was a hard thing to get used to. He walked slowly down the steps, taking each one slowly. It seemed as though he had reached an impasse lately; stuck on one task, he had been obsessing over finding the necessary ingredients to synthesize his sword.

However, gathering the various materials around Dheathain had taken him nearly two months already. Sure, the sword was a difficult thing to synthesize, but he should have had the spell components weeks ago. What am I waiting for? he wondered to himself.

As he reached the street, the red-haired adventurer decided to do some serious soul-searching. Idly wandering through the bustling roads of the capital city, the traveler thought on his recent adventures. I gathered some supplies with Tsukiko when I first arrived, he remembered. The images of their quest flew through his mind; being attacked by giant cats, wading through the murky swamps of the Fiorair, battling a great Faoi. The times that they had spent together had been enjoyable, but what had he gained from them. “A few crystals,” he muttered. That was when he realized his problem; he wasn’t actively searching for the materials.

He had been relying on other adventurers to let him tag along on their journeys. As with Tsukiko’s quest, when the pair had gathered much of the necessary ingredients for the kitsune’s list, but very little for his own. Even when adventuring with the legendary Teric Bloodrose, he had only crossed two items of his list. The redhead sighed as he turned onto another road. He needed to go himself and get the rest of what he needed.

Up ahead, Travis noticed an odd sign waving in the breeze. On a black backdrop, the sign had a yellow shield stenciled across its surface. What could that be for? he wondered. He picked up his pace, weaving through the crowds of people strolling down the lane. When he arrived at the bland building, there was little else to give him a clue of what lay inside.

Curious, the traveler knocked on the door and then let himself in. The interior of the building was surprisingly bright; lens at the window shot the sunlight all around the pristine room. The magnified light illuminated every corner and removed the uneasy feeling Travis often felt when entering a dimly lit shop. He walked to the center of the room, glancing all around in wonder. “Where am I?” he marveled. The architecture was beautiful; cherubs carved into the marble molding seemed as if they had once been alive and simply turned to stone.

And then he heard a voice.

A Nony Mouse
05-24-08, 10:48 AM
“What do you seek?” the voice questioned boldly. Travis whirled, having no idea who was speaking to him. The beautifully ornamented room offered no answers; choosing only to hide whoever was speaking.

“What do you seek?” the voice repeated.

What a question. The adventurer could not answer for a moment, his mind reeling with too many thoughts. What did he seek? Adventure, fame, glory, companionship; sure. All of those things were important to him. But was he truly seeking any of those things? He couldn’t say; but it didn’t seem so. So then, what did he seek?

“You are troubled,” the voice stated, as if it could read his mind.

He certainly was; so many roads laid out before him and he had chosen none of them. Grief welled up inside him. What had he done with his life since he had left home?

“Friends,” the voice whispered, seemingly entering his thoughts.

That was true, he had Vana’diel, Nicodemus, Ghistre, and Driz; some of the greatest traveling companions a man could ask for. But he hadn’t seem them in months, there was no way of telling what the four were up to. Nearly a year ago, the group had decided to part ways for a time. Had that been a mistake?

You question yourself too much, came the voice again.

Maybe he did. Indecision often tore at the fighter; rending him immobile as he considered the various consequences of his actions. Only in the woods did he truly feel at home. And even there he had been confronted with his own demons. Despair washed over the red-haired adventurer, plunging into a downward spiral.

Listen to me.

The voice was no longer audible, but Travis still heard the words that it spoke. “Who are you?” he called out. Fear gripped him, replacing any other emotion with its strength and tenacity.

Why, the voice said, sounding almost surprised. You know me.

“Are you a god?” he asked warily. Dealing with deities could be tricky business. If he was conversing with one, he would have to watch what he said and thought.

Travis, the voice reassured. You know me.

The voice’s enigmatic statement caught him off-guard. So maybe the voice was not a god… that could be good. His mind raced through the possibilities, trying to match the voice with others that he knew. As he did, he realized that the voice did sound familiar; as if it was someone he had been close with in another life. “I’m sorry,” he apologized. “I cannot tell who you are.”

“I am you.” The echo reverberated around the gleaming chamber and Travis’ eyes widened in shock. I am you…

A Nony Mouse
05-24-08, 10:59 AM
He remembered a time when he was sick. His mother had tended to him patiently, but his sisters had teased him. That was just the family dynamic; the siblings showed their love in different ways. But the particular memory that came back to him was of a conversation he had with his father.

“Son,” his father had began, sitting at the foot of his bed. “I want you to always remember that every man has two sides.” Travis had been confused by these words and had asked his father to explain them. “There is a side that he shows to the world. This is the side that people judge and compare themselves to. This is the side that each man is most comfortable with; the side that he makes for himself. In most, this side is good and just.” Travis had understood that well enough and so his father had continued.

“But then there is a shadow side to every man. In most, this side is evil and cruel. It keeps our deepest desires; this side harbors hate, wants to kill, and would have no qualms about desecrating trust and love. This is the side that many ignore. They push it away, pretend like it’s not there. But when it’s pushed away, this side only grows stronger.” His words had frightened Travis, for he wanted to know how to escape his shadow side.

Laying a reassuring hand on his son’s shoulder, his father had explained, “You can’t. You have to embrace it. Only when you accept that you have a shadow side can you ever conquer it. You have to believe something exists to become its master.”

Now, standing in the center of a brilliantly light room with ornate carvings decorating the walls, Travis was reminded of this conversation. Perhaps this voice was his shadow side. Perhaps he needed to accept that so that he could conquer it. But what good would that do?

“No,” the voice quietly explained. “You are your shadow side. You have become the thing that you most feared.”

The red-haired adventurer staggered back at those words. How could he have become his shadow side? His memory exploded with recent events. Hadn’t he pushed Tsukiko’s fear aside and continued on a quest without her? Hadn’t he assumed that everything he was doing was hopeless? Hadn’t he even left his friends to pursue another life selfishly? Events that had once seemed to make so much sense now struck Travis as strangely out of place. What if this voice was right?

“I am,” the voice reassured. “You used to care so much for other people. You used to delight in seeing their faces light up with a smile. You used to enjoy doing things for them before doing something for yourself. What happened?”

What happened indeed. Travis dropped to the floor and put his hands on his head. Rocking back and forth, he began to weep.

Conquer the shadow side…

A Nony Mouse
05-24-08, 11:08 AM
Grief, despair, fear; these were all feelings that hadn’t normally plagued him. But for the past few months, he had been sighing and wallowing in pity more than ever. What happened to me? Travis wondered. Then, to the voice, “Tell me how.”

A cover slid over the window, blocking the sunlight from streaming in. The room was soon plunged into shadows and Travis shuddered involuntarily.

The voice boomed again, echoing around the enclosed space, “You must overcome it through perseverance.”

Easier said than done, the traveler wryly thought. What did the voice know?

“There,” the voice whispered. “That’s your shadow side talking. Push it away.”

With a concerted effort, Travis realized that he had been discounting the voice’s suggestions. Was it really his shadow side trying to thwart his progress?

“What you need,” the voice detailed. “Is to do something to rid yourself of your shadow side once and for all.”

“Yeah,” Travis muttered. He had been thinking earlier about his ingredient list, why not search for one of the items? That way he would feel a sense of accomplishment and shake his shadow side’s grip on his attitude.

“Go.”

Groping his way through the darkness to the door, Travis felt the handle and pulled. The brightness pierced the shadows, seemingly burning them away so that the room was lit once again. Shaking his head at the strange building, the redhead exited to the street. Turning to begin his journey out of the city, he saw a large cart closing in on him. He couldn’t dodge out of the way in time the wooden wagon hit his shoulder hard. Spinning about, he stumbled back and tripped over himself. He fell to the ground and his head hit the cobblestones with a loud crack.

“Cast away the shadows.” Who was speaking… him or the voice?

A Nony Mouse
05-24-08, 11:20 AM
When he came to, Travis saw a portly merchant standing over him. “Oh goodness,” the pudgy man said, clasping his hands together before him and then looking to the sky. “The Goddess be praised, you’re alive!” Travis grunted in pain as he lifted his head and quickly dropped it back to the ground.

“What happened?” he asked groggily.

“You turned the corner and ran smack into my cart,” the man explained, speaking quickly. “I didn’t see you before it was too late. You should really be more careful.”

That wasn’t right. He had turned the corner and traveled halfway down the street. He had ran into the cart after leaving the strange building. Travis scanned the street for the strange sign, but couldn’t find it. Maybe I got turned around, he thought. Turning his head to look down the other side of the street, he looked for the odd building again. Nothing.

“Are you alright?” the merchant asked, seeing Travis’ strange actions.

He nodded absently, and then realized where he was. He was laying very near the intersection of two roads. This wasn’t right, the man had to have moved him. “Why did you move me?” Travus asked angrily, voicing his inner concerns.

“I- I didn’t!” the man spluttered. “You turned this corner,” he gestured to the building next to them, “and then ran into my cart. I’ve been waiting for you to wake up since.”

Narrowing his eyes, Travis wondered what was going on. Had he entered a building? His head pounded, but otherwise he was fine. Rising to his feet, he apologized and thanked the merchant for his kindness. Sliding a small gold coin from his purse, the red-haired traveler slipped it in the man’s fat hand. “For your trouble,” he insisted.

Once the man had left, the adventurer stood still for several moments to get his bearings. Up and down both streets, there was no sign of a black sign showing a yellow shield. Perhaps he had made it all up. Shaking his head in disbelief, Travis realized that he might have been talking to himself all along. No mysterious voice, no bright room; he had been telling himself a truth that he had known all along.

“Time to stop feeling sorry for yourself,” he reprimanded in a low voice. “Now, time to round up these ingredients. He pulled the small list from its place at his belt. Crystals, claws, diamonds; he didn’t know where to find most of those things. However, the next item was one where he knew exactly where it would be. Raw Damascus, he read. Located in the Neamh Mountains of Dheathain. “Time to go.”

A Nony Mouse
05-24-08, 11:31 AM
The road to the Neamh Mountain range was a long one, but Travis didn’t mind the journey. Much had happened in the last day and he was glad to have the time to mull it all over. Two months ago, he had arrived in Dheathain with a mission; have the Synthesis Shop craft him a sword which could be summoned on command. In the time between then and now, the red-haired adventurer had sunk into a deep, self-pitying depression. He hadn’t realized it at the time, but he had changed drastically. However, after his encounter with… himself in Donnalaich yesterday, the adventurer felt much better.

As he walked, he observed the multitude of wildlife around him. Mule deer cavorted in the brush at the side of the road, chasing one another in and out of the forest. Birds flitted ahead of him from one branch to another, not wanting to leave, but also not wanting to be too near the stranger. Their song poured out from within their small frames and Travis relished the sweet sounds. He imagined that he could understand their secret language and could hear them calling out to one another. He smiled at that thought and chuckled to himself.

What a difference a day can make.

Sections of the trip wound through dank swamps much like those he and Tsukiko had traveled through nearly a month before. Here he traveled a bit more cautiously, but the dangerous atmosphere did little to dampen his spirits. All the while, Travis thought over the recent events in his life; viewing them from his new vantage point showed the terrible decisions in stark contrast to what he should have done. He only hoped he hadn’t ruined any friendships because of it.

The outline of the mountains rose from the horizon, setting the end of the long journey as a visual goal. Doubling his pace, the red-haired adventurer raced the dusk; he wanted to at least break into the foothills before nightfall.

Little more than an hour later, Travis stood looking up into the fabled Neamh Mountains. This close, they looked like the crooked teeth of some long forgotten monster framing the dark sky of Dheathain. He shivered, both from the thought and from the chill that had crept in with the night. With no coat to throw over his shoulders, the traveler had to content himself by curling up under a nearby rock, huddling against its trapped heat.

Yes, he had changed much in the last two months, but he was determined to undo what he had become. With his new outlook on life, Travis didn’t find it difficult at all to fall straight to sleep.

A Nony Mouse
05-24-08, 11:44 AM
Dawn greeted him in the form of dew clinging to every surface of his body. Grumbling to himself, Travis wiped most of it off and crawled out from his makeshift shelter. The pink and orange sunrise broke through the trees of the forest, seemingly catching the branches on fire with its warm tones. Despite waking up wet and cold, Travis couldn’t help but smile. His newfound determination couldn’t be shaken; it was going to be another great day.

Turning around to see the peaks of the Neamhs rising up behind him, the resolute adventurer wondered where to look for Damascus. He had never been much of a miner and even if he stumbled across a vein of the metal, he wasn’t sure how he’d even go about harvesting it.

However, he had heard tell of some abandoned mines deep within the mountains. Maybe if he found one, there would be tools necessary to extract four pounds of the raw material. Though from what he had heard, forgotten tools wouldn’t be the only things left in the mineshafts of old. Creatures crept the forsaken tunnels, searching for meals and battling over territory. Entering their realm could spell death for the young traveler.

But he had to try.

Warming up as the sun lit his path; Travis found a trail that wound its way up the mountainside. He picked his way over boulders, around scraggly trees, and past trickling rivulets of water. The barren landscape of the mountains had a strange beauty to it, the way the veins of quartz running through the rocks caught the light or channel that the small streams carved in the stone. Travis didn’t enjoy it as much as the forest, but he appreciated its rugged beauty.

He rounded the side of the mountain and immediately the temperature dropped uncomfortably. The sun had not warmed these stones yet and Travis’ breath condensed into fog the minute it hit the chill air. He rubbed his hands together as he walked, attempting to put the warmth back in them. His nose numbed, the shadowy side of the mountain was very different than the sunny side.

Here, too, the wildlife was drastically different. Small ice crystals clung to the rocks where water struggled to run, freezing as it forced its way down the mountainside. Dead trees stood like forlorn sentinels intermittently along the trail. And a ghostly pallor hung in the air that made Travis quicken his steps.

Just find the mine and leave, he reminded himself.

A Nony Mouse
05-24-08, 11:59 AM
Hours later, Travis Kiltias stood at the gaping mouth of a forgotten mine. He anxiously glanced in as far as he could see, but that did little to settle his nerves. Stories of the serpents found in these shafts feared him, but he needed that Damascus to free himself of the hold his shadow side had on him. This quest was just the first in a series of many that would serve to both prove his fortitude and gather the ingredients necessary to synthesize his sword.

Absently raising his fist, he flexed his fingers as he peered into the dark depths of the cavern. His Akashima redwood spear lay across his back and he took comfort in its familiar weight. He had left much of his armor in his room at the inn, but he had come equipped with his Damascus bracers and steel chainmail. He regretted leaving his greaves and helmet behind, but he would just have to make do.

Swallowing his fear, for that was not part of who he was now, Travis walked boldly into the mine. He needed that raw Damascus.

Mine carts and random tools littered the floor of the shaft and Travis had to bend low to avoid knocking his head on the wooden beams supporting the tunnel. He veered his course to a pile of tools and chose a sturdy looking pickaxe from the pile. As he continued on his way, he hefted the new weapon, judging its balance and weight. The tool was crudely made, but that was to be expected. The miners working these tunnels hadn’t needed to use them as a weapon, only to excavate the raw ore.

Worried about what he would find deeper in the cavern, but emboldened by the lack of creatures thus far, Travis continued on. His breathing became heavier from the exertion of walking while hunched over, but it didn’t bother him. He had fairly high stamina from working with his father and so he knew he could travel like this for hours before he needed a break.

Up ahead, there was a fork in the tunnel and Travis paused to decide which way to go. As his breathing retuned to normal, he heard heavy breathing echoing from farther down the mineshaft. Some manner of creature waited down the left fork, he was sure of it.

Gulping down the last bits of his clinging fear, the redhead turned to the left and pushed ahead into the unknown.

A Nony Mouse
05-24-08, 12:38 PM
Sunlight somehow filtered down into the mineshaft from far above and Travis saw his enemy illuminated in the dim light. The beast had massive forearms that dragged the ground as it walked. It was covered in dark fur; matted in places by mud, blood, and soot. Its face looked vaguely similar to a human’s, but the features were distorted. Two wide fangs stuck from its lower lip, their tips broken and jagged. The creature stood nearly twice Travis’ height and seemed trapped in the cavern that it found itself in. Travis wondered how it had gotten here in the first place.

The thing’s eyes had no whites, I byproduct of living underground, but Travis could tell that it knew where he was. With every step he took, the beast peered into the darkness, pinpointing its prey’s location. With the pickaxe secured at his belt, he swung his spear around to rest in his hands. Fighting such a brute would be a challenge, especially in such confined quarters. Luckily the ceiling here was higher, able to accommodate the monster’s prodigious height and girth. Travis intended to use that height against him.

Stalking forward as silently as he could, the adventurer held his spear at the ready. The brutish creature ambled forward, its milky white eyes locked on Travis’. The beast’s range was wider and such it swung a massive fist when Travis got close enough.

The redhead tucked in a roll that took it under the creature’s arm and right to his side. The beast bellowed and turned, its other fist raised to pulp its opponent into the ground. Travis thrust with his spear, its steel tip puncturing the tough hide without too much trouble. An angry roar came from the beast and it jerked away from the source of the pain. Travis lost his grip on the spear as it was torn from his hands.

Both huge hands slapped the ground next to him and Travis struggled to remain on his feet as the shockwaves threatened to up-end him. He pulled the pickaxe free from his belt and swung at the back of the monster’s hand before it could pull it back. Whatever metal the thing was crafted from easily tore through the skin and fur, drawing a fountain of crimson. Another roar and the beast pulled its hands back to its body, pickaxe in tow.

This is getting ridiculous, Travis thought. He drew his dehlar short sword from its place at his belt, dodging in close to the beast and readying for a swing.

A massive fist pummeled his side, sending him flying against a wall as the sword skittered across the uneven floor. Unarmed and winded, Travis watched as the creature came ever closer. He needed a plan and he needed one fast.

A Nony Mouse
05-24-08, 12:49 PM
As the beast closed in, Travis struggled to draw breath. Oxygen would clear his head and help him think better, but the blow he had taken was impairing his ability to breathe deeply. Staggering forward to meet the monster, he ducked under its wild flail with an injured hand and stood up just inside its range. The second fist smashed down, threatening to squash Travis like an irritating bug and the adventurer tried to dodge out of the way. The blow landed on the same spot that it had earlier, sending new waves of pain rolling over the redhead. He buckled over, nearly passing out but regaining his composure. He had his opening; now he needed to strike.

He leapt for the thing’s arm, grabbing the thick fur and hauling himself atop it. The battle then shifted from fight to rodeo. As the creature shook its arm, desperate to send its attacker flying, Travis hung on for dear life. Blood rushed to his head as he held tight to clumps of fur, but he kept his grip. When the behemoth tired, Travis was on the move. He climbed up to the creature’s shoulder and aimed a punch for its temple. His aim was true and the beast roared in anger, its hand flying to the source of the pain.

Looking for his spear still stuck in the creature, Travis dropped to the ground as the hand closed in. The beast grunted as its hand connected with its face, further agitating the pain caused by Travis’ punch. The adventurer gripped his spear, yanking it from the thing’s side and throwing quickly to pierce its heart.

The steel tip forced its way through flesh and fur to strike home and the creature’s last roar caught in its throat. Winded, Travis doubled over with his hand clutched to his side as the beast fell. After he had regained his breath, he crossed the cavern and removed the pickaxe and retrieved his sword.

After a brief search of the cavern, he located a vein that looked similar to the metal his bracers were made from; Damascus. Wielding the pickaxe as efficiently as he could, Travis began chipping away at the rock surrounding the vein. Who knew how much time passed; minutes or hours, but Travis eventually had cleared an armslength into the rock above and below the vein. He hoped that the block he was about to break free was close to four pounds; much more and he wouldn’t be able to carry it back to Donnalaich.

Heaving the pickaxe over his headh, he began chiseling away at the sides of the isolated vein. When a roughly round shape was carved into the wall, he stepped back to admire his handiwork. The groves around it went back into the wall nearly three feet and the circle of Damascus was around three feet in diameter. Time to break it loose.

A Nony Mouse
05-24-08, 01:02 PM
The chunk of Damascus metal fell to the floor. In its raw state, the metal was slightly more malleable than forged Damascus would be. Thank goodness, Travis thought. Otherwise I would never have been able to get it out of the wall. Pleased with his efforts, the adventurer dropped the pickaxe to the ground and bent over to pick up the three foot diameter sphere he had excavated.

It was much heavier than he had realized, well over the four pounds he needed. “I am not chiseling any more off this,” he growled stubbornly. With a grunt of exertion, he lifted the Damascus sphere. Now just need to get back to Donnalaich…

The prospect was daunting. It had taken him nearly a full day to travel to the Neamh Mountains from the fae city and now he had to return with a huge chunk of raw ore. Sighing, he dropped it back to the ground and rested atop it. “There had to be a way to do this,” he muttered to himself.

That’s when a thought struck him; the original miners had to have created a way to haul large chunks of ore out of the mines without carrying them! He racked his brain, what had he seen on the way in?

“Mine carts!” he shouted, hearing the word echo off the walls. He nearly laughed, how had he been so dense? Rushing back to the mouth of the cave, he pushed a mine cart as far as it would go along the track. It made it to the fork in the tunnel, but then the track curved the wrong way. “No matter,” Travis reassured himself. Hauling the chunk of metal those few feet took a few minutes, but soon the raw Damascus sat in the mine cart.

Pushing with all his strength, Travis gained momentum with the cart as he neared the entrance. Bracing for the impact, he let go just as it reached its wooden catch at the end of the track. The speed of the cart, combined with the weight of its contents, were too much force for the old stop to handle. The mine cart blasted through the wood brace, sending splinters everywhere. Whooping with joy, Travis ran to catch up.

He exited the mine shaft just in time to see his cart careening around the bend in the trail. “Uh-oh.” Sprinting down the path, he tried to follow its course, but soon lost it. Growling in frustration, he stopped running and rested on a nearby boulder.

A few seconds later, he heard a reverberating clang echoing from the other side of the mountain. He leapt up and ran down the trail, blinking as it curved into the sunlight once again. The cart lay on a boulder; its front end twisted grotesquely where it had taken the brunt of the impact. Its wheels still spun lazily in the air, as if it still thought it was traveling along its track. Much farther down the sloping mountainside, near the fringe of the forest, Travis was overjoyed to see his chunk of raw Damascus stuck in the moss.

He had done it.

A Nony Mouse
05-24-08, 01:12 PM
It took Travis four days to return to Donnalaich, but he walked into the ancient city with his head held high. He had set out to prove himself and he had done just that. He had braved the forsaken mineshafts of old and bested a bestial guardian in the depths. He had emerged victorious, claimed his prize, and made it out in one piece. He had done it.

His muscles ached from rolling the chunk of Damascus, but he knew that the end was in sight. His back was stiff and his side still hurt from his fight, but he knew that his inn waited just around the corner. Reaching inside himself for one more ounce of resolve, he bent over and began rolling the sphere again.

People gave him strange looking as he clanged his way through the Crystal Square, but he didn’t mind. He was flying high on his latest achievement and was envisioning his future only getting better from this point. He had seen his shadow side and conquered it. No longer would he be plagued by doubt, fear, remorse, and grief.

He was a new man.

He ran around the other side of the sphere and pushed against it so that it came to a halt. The Synthesis Shop stood before him and he gazed at its interesting architecture as he wiped the sweat from his brow. His lips tasted salty and he knew he was long overdue for a washing. Even the flies have stopped coming around, he observed. His adventure was only beginning, but he was glad that the worst seemed to be over. Only a few more ingredients to gather before he could get his sword created.

Walking over to the door, he knocked once loudly. He hoped Lasair could store the Damascus for him; he doubted the innkeeper would let him roll it up the stairs to his room. Smiling broadly, he reveled in his new perspective on life. Being knocked out by that cart had been the best thing to happen to him. Strange as it seemed.

Spoils:
A chunk of raw Damascus (indeterminate weight)
- Feel free to set a weight for it, but I'd like if it were 4 lbs or greater... thanks!

Skie and Avery
05-25-08, 03:27 AM
Quest Judging
Damascus Mines

Short and sweet, as requested. I will say that I rather liked this, though I would have liked to see more of the revelation in town incorporated with the rest of the quest.

STORY

Continuity ~ 8/10.
Setting ~ 5/10.
Pacing ~ 6/10.

CHARACTER

Dialogue ~ 7/10.
Action ~ 7/10.
Persona ~ 8/10.

WRITING STYLE

Technique ~ 6/10.
Mechanics ~ 7/10.
Clarity ~ 8/10.
MISCELLANEOUS

Wild Card ~ 7/10.

TOTAL ~ 69/100.

A Nony Mouse gains 1592 EXP and 166 GP

Also, A Nony Mouse managed to mine 15 lbs of ore! However, because he lacks the training of a miner, he now finds himself with 6 lbs of Damascus ore, and 9 lbs of junk ore.

Also, A Nony Mouse gains a new skill! It is completely up to you if you want to add this to your profile and improve upon it as you level. See below:

Miner's Eye - A Nony Mouse has gained the skill of recognizing raw metals up to Tier 3, and mining them from rock. The mining capability on this skill is slightly below average and limited to 40% success of total lbs removed from stone.

Zook Murnig
05-26-08, 12:04 AM
EXP/GP ADDED!

ANONYMOUSE LEVELS UP!