Name: Jessie

Alignment: Generally good
Race: Human
Apparent Age: 19-22
Hair color: Brown
Eye color: Hazel
Height: 6’-3”
Weight: 163 Lbs
Appearance: Jessie is a rather plain person, and an easy face to forget despite being tall and lanky. He is always sporting some sort of trousers and a light-weight shirt; no real eye for fashion ever turned his way. His dark brown hair is cropped very close to his head and an ever-present shadow is smeared across his pale chin and cheeks. His hazel eyes shift moods with him, but there’s almost always a small twinkle that shows up in the corner of his eye despite his mood.

Attitude/Personality: Easygoing and far too patient for his own good, he wants to see the best in people even if all he knows is the worst. He is easily embarrassed and shy at first glance, but underneath it all he’s generally outgoing among friends. It takes a dedicated hand to provoke him. When he sets his mind to do something, though… it would take more than an ocean to stop him from completing whatever he set his mind to.

-----------

Name: Jessica

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Race: Human
Apparent Age: 18-20
Hair color: Pink
Eye color: Red
Height: 5’-6”
Weight: 135 Lb
Appearance: Most noticeable is the long, pink hair that flows down to her shoulder blades. After that, her red eyes draw attention away from her moderate breasts and casual dress. Quite the opposite of forgettable, her image tends to linger an almost unnaturally long time in the minds of others. Her lightly tanned skin is smooth all over, yet it is firmer to the touch than expected.

Attitude/Personality: Jessica could be described as Jessie’s alter ego if they weren’t the same person. With a different appearance comes another attitude. She is much less patient than Jessie and is quicker to anger, but she is still quite shy around others and is easily embarrassed. Because there is a male mind behind the female exterior, she is much less willing to get into compromising situations than another woman would, unless the situation has no other conceivable solution.

Abilities:

Staff fighting – Jessie knows his way around his bo-staff better than the average fighter, but he is still prone to making mistakes.

Æther Blade – Jessica can form a blade out of Æther and attach it to almost anything. Only a single blade can be formed at one time. The blade can be single or double-edged and only the length of a short sword, but it is as strong as steel and lasts until she reverts back into Jessie. (For example: she can cover the last foot of her staff with the blade to turn the weapon into a naginata or she could turn her forearm into a sword, but not at the same time.)

Transformation – Quite simply, Jessie is able to turn into Jessica at will. Jessica retains all the abilities that Jessie knows, but Jessie cannot perform any Æther-related feats unless he is in Jessica’s form.

Equipment:

Sturdy Oak Staff
Small satchel

History:

“What would you do if, one morning, you woke up in a place where everything just… felt wrong? And what would you do if, in that place, you knew that you were an outsider? What would you do if you didn’t even know who you were? If you didn’t know what you were?”

“I’d prob’ly be doin’ the same thing you are, searchin’ for answers in the bottom of a mug.”

The tall man sighed and peered into the heavy iron mug slightly undersized for his hand. The acrid brown slush swirled noisily in the bottom of the tankard, hardly touched since the waitress brought it over to him. It was his first time drinking, or at least it was the first time he could remember drinking. The brew was bitter and went down hard. It had to be his first time.

His companion, a rather stout dwarf that looked even shorter than usual by comparison, didn’t really know why he was listening to the whining man sitting across the table from him. The human hadn’t asked for another drink, though, so he didn’t really mind. The dwarf opened his nostrils wide over the frothy spirits and breathed deep the joyous scent of his beer.

“You know, lad, you won’ offend me if you canna’ finish it all. You don’ look like the drinkin’ type much anyway.”

The man looked up and pulled the corner of his mouth into a slight smirk. It looked like he had just remembered something amusing, but he couldn’t very well share it with anyone lest it lose its humor. Picking up the cast-iron mug, he brought the rim to his lips and drew another swallow down his throat. It burned like fiery gravel going down and turned to sludge in his stomach, but it was a gift and he couldn’t very well let it go to waste.

“Jessie. The only thing I remember is the name Jessie. What a sorry loser I am.”

He held his hand up toward one of the torches hanging from the ceiling and spread his fingers so the light sifted down through them. The light was starting to hurt his eyes.

“Tis a good name son. Known many a’ manly Jessie in my day.”

“But that can’t be my real name. I’ve never heard of a Jessie before I thought of the name. I don’t belong here anyway. I know my home is somewhere out there, among the stars. At least I think it is. It’s just a feeling I get, but it’s there, clear as the summer rain.”

“You’ll find your place someday, lad. Why don’ you get yerself a room for the night. Things’ll straighten themselves out in tha mornin’. ‘Sides, caravan’s leavin’ early, and you are nae the type to wake up wit’ tha sun.”

“Yeah, guess you’re right. Thanks for listening.”

“It’s no problem son. Yer a good boy, a good man. I kin see it in ya.”

The pair exchanged slight smiles and bid each other god night. Producing a small purse of gold coins, a few pieces found the countertop as the innkeeper gave the tall stranger a well-worn key to a room on the second floor. Weary, slightly drunken steps shuffled up the stairs, uncaring that more than a few pairs of eyes were on him. Only a heavy oak walking staff kept them back for the moment. More than one cutpurse had been taken off their guard by a weary traveler carrying a staff.

The dwarf’s eyes turned from the man’s back to his own ale and the partial mug opposite him. Tall, thin… what did he look like again?

The gods’ speed be with you son. You got a long road to travel, and it be starting soon.

Witchblade
05-28-08, 09:00 AM
Approverized!