PDA

View Full Version : Looking for A Fight ((open))

Rain Ishikura
06-24-06, 10:22 PM
((Sorry if this seems a bit short... Writters block >.<))

The night seemed calm in Radasanth; people had closed up their window shutters and locked their doors for the night. Most of the shops were coming to a close due to the late hours, only a few places would stay open into the late night ahead, places like The Silver Pub, were a young man had just exited through the front door holding something in his hand. It was an old piece of paper with some writing on it, the boy sighed and folded the paper over a few times before placing it deep into his side pocket under his iron leg armor. He then took in a deep breath and looked forward. That night the road seemed longer then usual. House lights lighting small areas near the windows so that one should see clear enough to make there way to were ever they where going. Tonight seemed lonely, depressing, almost disappointing.

“Well maybe tomorrow night then…” stated the young man to himself as he made his way down the large road. As he looked around he thought to himself, this place has seen its share of heroes and heroine. What would he ever do to make a difference in this town; after all he was just a mercenary after all, selling his skill to the highest bidder. The lowest of the low; he just seemed to get himself in more of a depressed mood. “Hmmm well I guess there is that one rumor I can get going on…” He said to himself as he pulled the paper back from his pocket and unfolded it. Walking towards a lit window so get some reading light he looked down at the paper.

The lighting wasn’t too good and he could barely see as it is, seeing how it was pretty dark out anyways. The paper read;

‘There has been talk of a powerful swordsman in town he and a gang are planning something I just know it, but people are saying that it is all due to his mystical sword that he obtained from a horrid accident… Plea…. Seen around n.r.. .arts… of Rada…th…’

And that was about all he could read. ‘Could this be my accident they speak of?’ he thought to himself as he stood there reading over as much of the paper as he could. He then thought to himself that this could either be true fact or another drunken rumor floating Radasanth. The young man shrugged it off and figured he could go with it, seeing how it was at least something to look into, if there was a swordsmen looking for trouble the young man would most likely see to it and try to take care of it. Well he had read it over for the last time and decided to check it out anyways. He had figured from the parts of the letter he could read that the swordsman was in the northern parts of Radasanth.

aesculus
06-24-06, 10:39 PM
Ahead of the young man a small cloaked figure, coincidentally heading in the same direction as he was, frustratedly tried to start a little fire in her hands so she could see the dirt path. Cursing from the small little sparks ending up hitting her face, she gives up and covers her face with her scarf.

"Damn it, why couldn't I have picked up magic instead of swords."

She continued on her way closing the cloak around her body so that she appeared to be nothing but a shadow. She rememebred the promise to the dead man, as one of the blades she carried lightly touched her leg as she walked. She talked to herself half the time, while trying to see in the dark. Either she would find another dying person and make another stupid promise, or she'll be all alone again tonight with her miserable memories.

A smile broke out on her face. Maybe like her mother slowly go insane and then die.

That works, it may run in my family. Unless I inherited more of that bastard 'father' of mine. She thought to herself.

Bitter memories of what she had learned in the past about her parents only made her shrink.

Great now someone can attack me and kill me since I probably look like some hideous creature.

Rain Ishikura
06-24-06, 11:19 PM
As the man walked something caught his eye, something bright and flashy. He looked up and noticed a clocked figure in front of him. It seemed like the figure was trying to make something happen. Then as the young man got a bit closer to this figure he could hear the figure talking to itself. From what he heard it sounded like a girl or some sort. He couldn’t tell much more then that. He figured it was nothing as continued walking towards the direction the letter had told him. Although he didn’t really know how far north he was supposed to go. He then decided to look around as he walked, looking down alley ways and up into windows. Nothing out of the ordinary really, and then the young man slowed down to a stop and turned around. Something different was in the air, before the night air seemed calm back closer towards The Silver Pub. The young man started to think about if this was going to end up like the last accident he was going through. The young man then turned back to the clock figure as it continued to keep walking or so it seemed to him.

Just then the smell of something burning caught his nose, it was the smell of burning food, but it seems like it just started burning, but it was burning none the less. Just then the memories forced their ways back into his head like a wood pecker into a small tree. Everything around him got fuzzy, his vision began to blur, and then there was nothing but black for the young man. He had seemed to black out or something, he had fallen from his standing position, and hit the ground hard making a very loud noise. The young man’s eyes began to flicker while they were closed, it seemed like he was dreaming, or having a nightmare.

When the young man came to he wasn’t in Radasanth, he was back in his home village in the south; he was just standing there watching building begin to catch a blaze, this was his past. But why here, why now? This hasn’t happened to him in the longest time; he walked through the burning town, heading towards the center. Hearing the screams of people burning alive or the sounds of something crewing away at flesh and bone. Continuing to walk the young man then watched a small boy run out from an alley way and out towards the center of town, the young man ran after him. “Hey wait!” He yelled reaching out the grab the boy. But his hand when right through the small boy, so he ran out after him, once they hit the center of town the boy looked around in horror. The young man looked around, in a nervous manor, Just then he could hear something creeping up on them. When the young man turned around all he could see where those red eyes.

aesculus
06-24-06, 11:36 PM
The girl hears someone fall over and she sees a man on the ground. She wants to scream. Keeping her scarf on she goes over to the man, and knets next to him slightly cursing to herself. She drags him off to the side of the road. She looks at him lightly tapping him on the cheek.

"Hey, wake up..."

She pulls off her cloak and covers him with it. She tries one more time with getting a little ball of fire to appear in her hands. Finding this getting very pointless she collected some small sticks and let the little sparks from her attempts light them. She looks over at the man.

There is no way that I am destined to a life of helping men on the road.

Contemplating her life, she partially wonders what could possibly be going on in the mans mind.

Rain Ishikura
06-25-06, 12:33 AM
The young man looked towards the red eyes and became horrified with fear. Just then a hideous monster lunged at him, then everything went white. And once again he seemed to awaken once more, but this time he had someone waking him up. Slowly opening his eyes and looking directly in front of him, there was a skinny short girl with what looked like silverfish-white hair tapping on his chest trying to wake him. He then opened his pale lips to form words. “May I help you Miss?” He questioned as he sat up and looked over at her. There was nothing unusual about her, nothing he could point out by looking her over. He then noticed he had something over him. It was a cloak, “Does this belong to you Miss?” He questioned once more taking it off of his body and getting to his feet. He then put out his left hand, to help her up from her kneeling position. He did not know why she was helping him out; it was rather odd that a young maiden would be out this late at night all by herself. But nothing seemed to be missing from his pockets, and his blade was still attacked to his lower back tied to his belt.

At first glance he didn’t think too much of her seeing as her appearance made her look like she wasn’t much of a fighter. So he calmed down a bit, but he knew never to let his guard down ever. Just then the air began to pick up heading north. The young man moved his black hair away from his eyes with his right hand and looked ahead up the road. There seemed to be two figures lurking in the shadows. ‘Who could that be?’ he thought to himself. As the thought passed his mind the shimmer of metal was seen as the two walked towards the young man and this mysterious lady that came to his aid. The young man took his hand back from the helping position it was in as he walked out towards the middle of the road, it would appear that these two figures might be the people he was looking for. “Miss… if you would please be on your way… I wouldn’t want anyone innocent getting hurt now…” He stated calmly as he drew his Bastard sword and held it in his left hand.

aesculus
06-25-06, 04:36 PM
She got to her feet and dusted her pants off and pulled on the cloak her, so swords and daggers hidden beneath it once more. She sighed feeling rather annoyed. She looked and studied him while he walked out to the middle of the road to confront the two people. Crossing her arms she watched, figuring one will go for him and the other will probably go for her. Or both will attack him thinking he's trying to protect a 'little traveling lady.' hiding her arms under the cloak holding the hilt a sword in each hand just in case the first option were to arise.

"If I couldn't defend myself, then I wouldn't be out here."

So cut the chivalrous act... she added mentally to herself.

She looked towards the two strangers, she's really hoping she wouldn't have to fight anyone.She slowly starts to shift side ways towards the dirgection she was going, keeping her eye on them.

Well I'm not making any promises this time, good.

Rain Ishikura
06-26-06, 07:49 PM
The young man looked back at the silver haired lady. He smiled a bit and focused his eye sight back on the two armed figured that approached them. “If you are planning on running out of here… Then wait for my mark… I’ll hold them off as much as I can…” he said in a cold voice as he then lifted his sword and gripped it with both hands, twisting his body to the left and holding his blade so the hilt was about eye level with him. He closed his eyes and took in a deep breath and then let it out quickly opening his eyes once more, they had a different look in them as they did before, his gentle calm look turned into the look of a cold blooded killer. He then moved the sword down so he was holding it in a downward fashion and took off at the two figures, speeding straight towards them. This must have come as a surprise to the two armed figures because they kind of jumped when they saw him bolt towards them. The then held their own swords in a battle fashion, a two handed grip, held with the blade facing the enemy and held in front of them.

The young man got to the two figures seeing that they were both men, as expected. Both at the same level of running distance, this would make it hard for the young man to pick a target seeing as he was hoping that one would be closer then the other. But it was to late to think of that now. He lunged at the man on the right seeing how he could build up more momentum with his swing that way. As he swung the man on the right quickly held his blade up powerfully to defend the on coming swing. The two blades clashed sending sparks flying through the night air and a loud clanking sound was sent to all around who could hear. The man on the left jumped back at the young mans swing thinking it was heading for him; once he noticed it wasn’t him the young man was attacking he turned and ran at the silver haired figure. ‘Damn it…’ shot through the mind of the young man, as he jumped back from the man he had chosen to attack. He then turned around and ran towards the man who was running at the silvered hair girl. “Get out of here already!” he yelled to her as her caught up to the man who had almost made it to her. And he has his blade wand up to swing at her head. The young man grabbed the blade; pulling it backwards he yanked the blade out of the man’s hands. The man stopped in mid swing wondering were his blade had gone. The young man just threw it on the ground next to him blood had covered where the blade was grabbed, it was also dripping from the young mans hand. He knew by know that the two didn’t have the magic blade he had read about in the letter, but they did seem like they were sent by someone. “Who sent you?” He said coldly. The man that was no sword less fell to turned around and fell to the floor.

“But if… if we tell you… We will be killed…” He said filled with fear as he noticed his friend was trying to sneak up on the young man. The man now on the floor smiled and looked up at the young man.

aesculus
06-26-06, 08:29 PM
She raisedan eye brow wondering whether this the guy sneaking up was an idiot or something. She being right behind him she walked up silently behind him drawing. One of the blades pressed up against his neck and the other on his lower back.

"Move and die..."

Looking at the young man questioning then at the one on the ground.

"Unless you like your friends dead, I suggest you start talking."

She pressed the blade closer with the intention to draw blood. She starts thinking. Either the one she has will try to tab her and she has to kill him, or he wont. Then there's the other man. He could try to escape, leaving his comerade behind, or stay behind and tell the questioning man what he wants to know.

Rain Ishikura
06-27-06, 06:32 PM
The man looked up to the silver haired girl and the young man in fear. “Well up you see….” He began to say. The young man sighed and shook his head; he began to get inpatient with the man. He then pointed the tip of his bastard sword at the man’s chest area and pressed it against the cloth, it cut through easily and then he pushed it to the skin slightly, a small about of blood came from the man. He backed up in fear a bit. “Alright, alright I’ll talk…” He said crying out; the young man smiled and made a jester as if he was cupping his ear to hear the man better. “We were hired hands to take out the mercenary who had taken out the chimera… Our boss, he said he wasn’t going to let a newbie in swordsmanship like you get better then him…” the man said aloud as a look of shame came upon the man who was held up by the silver haired girls blade.

“Does this boss of yours have a magic sword or something?” Asked the young man was he knelt down to the other mans level. The man looked as if he didn’t know what the young man was talking about. The young man stood up again and pointed his bastard sword at the man on the ground once more. He cried out in fear and began to talk once more.

“It was said that he is a great swords man because of his blade yes! Just don’t kill me please…” He begged and his partner reached into his pocket. The man on the ground looked up and nodded. But then something unexpected happened. The man standing pulled out a throwing knife but instead of throwing it at the young man he threw it at the man on the floor killing him. This made the young man turn and without consideration drove his bastard sword into the man who had been standing’s chest. The man coughed up some blood as grabbed the blade, weak in the knees he pulled it out of him by backing up, then the fell over onto his side. The young man just took out a cloth and whipped his blade clean, then put it away. He sighed then looked at the silver haired girl.

“Well thank you for that… I owe you one I guess…” He put out his hand. “Then name is Einn Mudo, I am a mercenary, if you are ever looking for a hired hand that is…” Without waiting he took his hand back from his position and walked past her, seeing how the two hired hands that just attacked him came from the direction he was headed he must be close to that swordsmen with the so called magic sword.

aesculus
06-27-06, 08:33 PM
Putting away her swords she looked at him nearly wanting to take something and throw it at him. She sighed and started walking in the same direction. Shaking her head muttering a term insulting to men, she decided to catch up with 'Einn Mudo'. He'd probably be useful in the end. She smiled to herself pulling her hood up.

Maybe very useful...

"Oi, Mudo! Wait!"

She ran to catch up and walked along side him. Wondering why she WANTS to be around an impatient, cold, and distant, person. It was a bad first impression, but she'll make something out of it. She has a few questions ask him.

"Okay, look tell me this what are you after? Perhaps I can help you."

Although I do have this feeling you have a big ego and think you can do things all by yourself. She started thinking to herself again. Figuring that he's probably going to shoot her offer down saying something along the lines of 'I don't need help from a little girl like you.' Or he could be a gentleman about it. Alternative, he could accept, but only because he's trying to nice. While she waited for an answer she started wandering off in her mind. Why do I keep coming up with situations in my head... Thats rather stupid of me. Why not just ask the question then get the answer then get on with life. Then again I have been doing a lot of thinking. If he does choose to accept my help, I can learn a few more things along the way. She smiled to herself even more. He's pretty good with a sword. Her smile dropped. A sword... not two.... Either way, he will come in handy.

Rain Ishikura
06-28-06, 05:41 PM
Einn looked the girl in the eyes, he noticed that they were different color, the right one was blue and the left one a greenish color. He closed his eyes and took in a deep calming breath. He then let that breathe out in a sigh and opened his silver eyes again. Once again looking at her, “I was hired for a job by a client. There has been talk about a gang run by a great swordsmen, a swordsmen that has a magic sword that gives him the ability to be as great as he is… I know of only one blade that might have the power to do that, and I have been looking for the blade for a long time…” He then continued walking, ‘Well she was a great help to me with those two idiots back there… Maybe she can help me after all… But I wouldn’t want anyone else to get hurt because of my affairs…’ he thought to himself as he looked back at her. The wind began to pick up heading west, this blew his black hair over his face, and Moonlight bounced off his eyes making them seem to glow as he looked her over. She didn’t seem like she could fight much, yet he felt he could trust her, seeing how she didn’t leave him on the street to die when he passed out.

“Alright… You can come… But if things get heavy… I want you to drop them and run… I wouldn’t want anyone else getting hurt while bothering with my affairs. Is that a deal?” He questioned her as the wind continued to pick up. It smelled like it was going to rain soon. ‘Just my luck, rain…’ he thought to himself as he waited for an answer from the silver haired girl in front of him.

aesculus
06-28-06, 08:24 PM
She looked slightly surprised by his response, and studied him for a moment. Was she completely wrong about the man? She wasn't about to let that thought leave her for now, but then again there may have been something in his past that had to do with people dying. If there was, is he blaming himself? Why was she thinking just nosey questions?

Tilting her head side to side, she smiled and replied, "Okay, but I can't keep that promise." You might be a bit too busy thinking that people are going to get hurt, but you don't know me.

Almost looking like she was insane for a moment she straightened and looked at him. How could she be so rude? She never gave him her name. Not that it was that important.

"I'm sorry, I never introduced myself."Not that you'd be interested anyways. "My name is Sakai Muketsu."

She wasn't up to telling him her profession just yet. She smiled to herself keeping the bottom half of her face hidden under her scarf while taking off the hood to re-tie her short hair, letting the strands that couldn't be tied back fall down the side of her face. She pulled back on the hood taking a slight hint from the wind.

Rain Ishikura
07-05-06, 03:55 PM
Einn bowed his head and looked up at her. “It is nice to meet you Miss. Muketsu; but please let us hurry to the north of this town. That is where I believe the swordsman is…” Einn stated as he turned his back to her and began to go on the same road he was walking on. Something still seemed a bit odd to him though, ‘Hmmm she isn’t just a normal girl, not if she carries around weapons like that…’ he thought to himself as he turned his head and peered at her with a sort of curious glance.

At first sight she would seem to be a normal girl, pretty yes, and one wouldn’t think that she would be worthy of fighting it would seem. Einn felt a bit safe knowing she was on his side, for now. As he walked he looked around at the houses, a few more shudders would close as he walked by. The people in this area must know the swordsman and know about what might be happening. Einn turned to Sakai.

“Alright… So should we work on a plan or something like that?” He questioned.

Einn wasn’t used to being on a team all that much, last time he tried using team work it got him thrown through the air by a dragon. Einn stood there looking at the girl waiting for an answer.

aesculus
07-05-06, 08:51 PM
She was far too happy for her own good. Catching up and trying to match strides with Einn, she tiled her head side to side as if she were listening to something. Nodding she looks at him, smiling happy.

"Would you happen to know where this person or thing is?"

She's busy looking at his eyes. What a wierd colour... Silver... Then again I'm excepting with this wierd looking hair.

Rain Ishikura
07-10-06, 06:20 PM
Einn looked down at Sakai with his silver eyes. Peering into hers, they too were different then most people around town. Two different colors; he then shook his head to get out of his day dream while becoming lost in her eyes. He took a deep breath then sighed it out and pointed north.

“Some where in that direction I would suspect seeing how those two dead mercenaries back there came from this way.” He said as he looked at her once more.

‘Wow she seems a bit happy for just killing people…’ He thought to himself as he took in another breath.

“So what was it you said you did again?” He questioned as he stopped and crossed his arms. “Your not an assassin are you?” He then raised an eye brow.

aesculus
07-10-06, 10:13 PM
Her mouth pursed and moved to one side as she started pondering, A little bit too easy, if that's the direction they came from.

She blinked looking at him tilting her head, "keh?" she replied slightly stupidly. Realizing his question she starts wishing he hadn't asked. Lightly flicking his forehead she answered:

"Same as you, only I'm not hired at the moment."

ASSASSIN?! DO I LOOK LIKE AN ASSASSIN TO YOU?! she added in silently.

She sighed looking in the direction of where the two dead men came from, she still wonders why someone would make it so easy. Also perhaps the person Mudo was looking for knew about him but not her. a slight advantage? On her part yes, he can't slip easily through small places in walls as she can, and she was probably not well known... if he was that is.

Rain Ishikura
07-11-06, 07:32 PM
Einn looked at her as she told him she too was a mercenary; he then crossed his arms then turned and looked up the road where they were headed. ‘Hmmm alright well… if we head this way them maybe we will find something more out or something… I kind of doubt we will find the man up there though… That would kind of be too easy.’ Einn thought to himself as he started to walk again.

“Not hired ehh… Work been slow or something?” He questioned as he looked over to her.

As he walked he took in a breath through his nose, he then picked up the secant of something, something displeasing.

“Hey wait a second…” He quickly and quietly said as he put out his hand to signal her to slow down or stop.

He peered around in the darkness for a bit before he knelt down and covered his mouth and nose with his hand.

“Someone is out there… and they smell really bad…”

aesculus
07-11-06, 07:45 PM
Blinking she stopped and sniffed the hair for a second before covering her nose and mouth with her scarf. Well at least this thing has it's uses.

She hid her arms within her cloak placing a hand on the hilt of each of her swords and looked in the direction of the smell.

"Or it could be a beast of some kind."

Feeling slightly disgusted and nauseous, it didn't matter what it was she might just throw up from the sight of whatever it was.

Rain Ishikura
07-16-06, 05:18 PM
Einn peered up the road as he seemed to be about to vomit from the horrible smell of what ever it was ahead of them. There didn’t seem to be anything in sight as to what was causing that horrid odder. Looking over to Sakai who had put a scarf over his face to try and block out the smell.

“Come on we should get moving up the road if we want to see what this smell is coming from.” He yelled over to her as he began to slowly make his way u the road.

He was now feeling dizzy, this must be due to the smell or something, just them something came from an alley way. It was on all fours. ‘Could that be it?’ Einn thought as he pointed and looked over to Sakai.

“That might be it!” He stated.

aesculus
07-16-06, 08:00 PM
Sakai looks at it and shudders slightly trying very hard not to throw up. She wishes it wasn't the thing that was giving off the odour. She looks at Einn looking sick. Damn it I hate this thing~!!

"Mudo... I really hope it's not that making the smell...."

She wraps the scarf twice around her nose and mouth. It keeps the smell out.

Rain Ishikura
07-18-06, 08:19 PM
As Einn stood up and drew his blade he looked up the road at the four legged figure in front of them. He had a feeling this might be a tricky fight. He hadn’t really gotten into fights with to many beasts and when he did it always seemed to end in a failure. But none the less Einn had a job to do. So he readied his blade with two hands and took in a deep breath through his mouth. He could even taste the horrid smell; it was as if it was something rotten. ‘God it’s like something dyed…’ he thought to himself as the creature stood up on its two hind legs. Einn took notice to this and looked over at Sakai.

“Be ready to back me up…” He said softly to her; so he wouldn’t attract its attention.

But sure enough it heard him and gazed over in the two’s direction. The beast went back down to all fours and let out a bone shaking roar. The smell seemed to get worse when it opened its mouth. ‘It must have rotten bodies or something in its mouth!’ thought Einn as he bent his knees so he was low to the ground. As he did this the beast charged at them, revealing that it seemed to be a rather large dog, or at least a wolf. Einn quickly dashed towards the beast. ‘Well here goes nothing!’ He thought as the beast when to attack with its awesome jaws and sharpened teeth.

Einn evaded this attack by performing a dodge roll to the right, breaking through a door and entering some ones home. Einn stood up and the creature turned to the building and tried to squeeze its way into the small door. Getting a better look at the monster, it did seem almost dog like, with brown fur all over it, its eyes though, they brought back memories of Einn's past, those red eyes of the beast he had taken on months before. As the dog like monster tried to make it's way through it opened its mouth, the horride smell or rotting corps filled the room. It was enough to make Einn sick. Preying its head it seemed to only be working its way into getting itself stuck.

“Hey Sakai! I’ll try and keep its attention! You attack it from behind alright!” He yelled to his friend down the road.

Einn quickly jumped out of an open window and rolled right ward so he was now farther up the road. This made the beast turn around so its back was facing Sakai. Einn smiled knowing this was the perfect time to start an attack on Sakai’s behalf.

But to Einn’s unawareness a mysterious man with a glowing blade came out of an alley way a few feet from behind Einn. The man walked out with two others. But all one could really see was the blade shinning in the moonlight.

"I see you have found my pet..." Said one of the men, though it was too dark to tell who had said it.

This made Einn turn his head to look at who was behind him. Seeing the shady lookiong figures standing there he quickly looked back at the monster that seemed to be crouching down for another leap at Einn.

aesculus
07-21-06, 07:31 PM
Sakai was about to attack the animal, stopping around two or three feet away her blades halfway out of thier sheaths. She looks at Einn then at the animal, taking the chance she draws cutting horizontally for the monster from behind. She backs away slightly knowing she's probably missed and readies incase she would have to defend herself from the monster or one of the men.

Her gaze shifted between the men and the monster. What kind of person picks a monster for a pet...

Most of her attention is focused in the direction of the voice. She's slightly terrified of i not knowing why. The blade the man had oh him, was it scaring her? She shook her head, no way, its just a sword that lights up nothing that special about it, common right? She regains her composure back on alert again.

"Oi, Mudo... friends of yours..."

Maybe this is why mercenaries usually don't work in pairs.... She remembered his warning about running if a fight gets to heavy. She decides to ignore it, theres no way she's running like a coward. Great now your ego is kicking in Sakai don't let it get your head. She took in a breath and let it out slowly looking at the monster, it was her main focus for the moment.