PDA

View Full Version : should be free

Meow
06-25-06, 04:03 PM
(Solo)

The starlight lit up the dark city of Pure Flame, the home of the Pure Candle Brotherhood of mages. The city was a little city that surrounded a great library that only the Pure Candle could use. Even the little Kitty girl that meandered though the dark streets could see the library that dwarfed every other building. The Pure Candle was a rich family that got into magic, using money to buy every scroll and book they could find and thus they had successfully bought powerful magic.

Feru wanted to get in there when she heard about it; the place would have the knowledge that she needed to learn more magic and impress Kahn with the idea of studying herself. But there was one problem, the library was closed to outsiders of the family and no way the cat girl magus could just walk in.

“Meow! Why can’t that information be free? I only want to borrow a book or two.” Feru whined to herself as she remembered getting turned away in the morning. The library guardsmen wouldn’t even let her peak through the door.

“Shh you want us to get thrown into the dungeon?” Whispered the hooded figure.

“Sorry, I forgot.” Feru replied lowly as she looked to her partner, a man she had only just met outside the guardhouse of the library.

“It’s ok, no one heard. Just be more careful.” The stranger whispered as he went into an alleyway while Feru followed. The place had a sour smell and the sound of scampering rats kept Feru’s ears focusing in general directions, she hated rats since she was a kitten, they weren’t worth the fight for the tough meat, mice were much better. “Well here we are, the secret entrance.”

“Thank you. Meow.” Feru beamed happily as she hugged the shrouded man. “Why are you helping me?”

“You know because I think that they’ve hoarded every bit of writing around here and I don’t think a cute budding magician like you should suffer. Well good luck.” The man disappeared to go about his business and leaving Feru with the dark entrance that made her shiver from the look of it.

Meow
06-26-06, 11:51 AM
Feru walked the dark tunnel, the cold stone chilling her feet. The place was so quiet that only the kitty girl’s bare footfalls could be heard. Feru could barely see the walls as she walked on, occasionally tripping on a loose rock.

“Why is this place so creepy?” Feru complained using her voice for comfort. She was a cat and should be immune to spooky places like this but in the end she was just a scardy cat. “W’ what’s that?” She whispered with her tail puffing up, a low hum and lights lit the place up.

Feru curled into a ball in hopes whatever was making the light didn’t see her. If she was caught here, who knows what punishment await her? The cat magus was a trespasser and not supposed to be here and didn’t want to be caught, but still she could be caught.

The lights were still and silent, Feru remained in her silly hiding position, as she wondered why there wasn’t any yelling or rapid footfalls or any sound for that manor, just a soft drone. Lights enveloped her all around and Feru even had one appear right above her. “I’m going to get it meow.” The girl whimpered to her self and then to the thing that was making the light. “I’m sorry I don’t know I was trespassing. Nya! Don’t hurt me!”

No answer.

Feru waited a few more long moments with nothing happening, then she looked at the light itself, a crystal floating in mid are, two rows down the hallway, lighting her path. “It’s just you, a magic crystal. I thought someone caught me.” Feru giggled at her silly scare jus then.

It was a good sign; the crystals were truly of great magic to have so many of them, and in a secret tunnel too. Feru knew at this point she was really sneaking into a magic library with secret writing and magic to research. She was sure this place would help along her learning.

Meow
06-27-06, 02:41 PM
The tunnel was much better now there was light; no longer was Feru afraid of what may lurk in the silent dark since the play was only silent. But the place was still cold and lonely, making Feru count her steps and hope that the passageway had an end that was soon approaching.

After what felt like hours to the little cat girl, though it was through her impatient self that the boring time crawled and felt worse than it was, the place started to look different. Smooth and dull gray stone was replaced with patterned tile. She was close. Thanks to the light the magus girl could entertain herself with making stories from the images as she passed. One showing a robed figure hurling lightning bolts became Kahn when he was angry at her for breaking his favorite vial and another with a man holding a battle axe over his head became the woodsman that would sometimes pass by the tower occasionally ask to sleep, he was fighting off the army from the stories he told Feru.

The passage went by quicker now that Feru had something to entertain her mind and she forgot how her feet were walking until she fell on a loose stone that sank into the floor. Ears perked to a grinding sound in the wall to her left. “Meow?” Feru wondered what was going on for a moment then her answer came in an arrow coming right at her. The catgirl fell against the floor in an awkward and clumsy manor that left her body hurting from the impact. The place was trapped.

Feru crept forward against the floor in hopes that she was too low for the arrow traps to hit. And so far she was since the sound of flying arrows was heard she did not feel a one pierce her skin. “Meow, did they really have to crawl on their bellies to get in this way? No wonder no one used it.” With her finishing the sentence the floor split apart and Feru fell into a hole.

In the hole she landed on some dry weed. Feru looked around and screamed; the thing that broke her fall was a monstrous plant with a mouth flytrap like mouth that could easily swallow the kitty girl. The creature shuddered with the delight of eating the girl, Feru was sure and she ran towards the wall of her prison but tripped on a dry vine. “Please don’t eat me!” She begged but to no avail, plants cared not for words. The carnivorous plant went still, not moving at all. It was completely brown. The thing was dead. Feru fell on her butt and panted as she twitched her tail. No one had taken care of the plant, it was a strange trap but it needed care and died without it. The tunnel was truly abandoned. But Feru was stuck in the pit and there weren’t any of the books she wanted down there.

Letho
09-24-06, 10:53 AM
This thread has been closed due to inactivity and moved to the Archives. If you wish to reactivate this thread, please PM me or one of the administrators.