PDA

View Full Version : World Situation Rundown

Ballantyne
06-24-08, 07:35 AM
Can someone give me a quick update about the situations regarding Salvar, Raiaera and Corone? I know To Rule All Flesh is where all the information is, but I don't necessarily have the time to read all those threads. Corone's situation is the most difficult for me to find info on.

AdventWings
06-24-08, 08:31 PM
Ah, yeah. Info's a little spread out, so I'll give you a quick rundown of what I know. The other Mods/Admins/Region Writers or other members who know the situation better than I am should also pitch in. :)

Corone: The Civil War between the Coronian Empire and the Coronian Rangers are still on-going, though most fighting had gone underground. There's something in the works, so keep your eyes out for incoming news.

Salvar: Their Civil War is also ongoing, though I don't have much information on that either. The two sides are the Salvaran Royalists loyal to the Crown and the Church of the Ethereal Sway. What they are fighting for (on the surface) is control of the country.

Raiaera: Xem'Zund's forces had pushed the Raiaeran elves back to Ettermire and the coastal regions. The FQs for this round is about their push back into the mainland area. (I think?)

Well, that's all I know off the top of my head. I hope that should help you a little about the overall situation of the land. ^_^

Ballantyne
06-25-08, 10:11 PM
That's about as far as I got in terms of the events. As for the timeline, how much has happened over what amount of time? My character is new to the entire region of Althanas and arrived in Radasanth. If he asked the right people how much do you think he'd be able to find out. I wouldn't want to cheat. I'm reading a whole bunch of stuff in To Rule All Flesh, but how much is Evan supposed to know? I really need to know this stuff before I start a thread.

Skie and Avery
06-25-08, 10:19 PM
Major events that happen in To Rule All Flesh could easily be known to your character through in character tavern gossip or newspapers. The Radasanthian Reader is Corone's paper that's reporting on the wars and zombie attacks.

AdventWings
06-25-08, 10:41 PM
Most of the events taking place, in terms of the civil wars and Zombies vs Elves war, are only a few years old. You can still consider them current events and NPCs will most likely be talking about it in every tavern you go to.

Of course, in Corone the official information (or actual news) are being hush'd by the Empire. They're the ones controlling news within the region, although if you run into a Rangers-supporter town you might get hints on what's under the water.

Same could be said for Salvar. The Church would be making their news official and the Royalists will be giving their own stories to suppress the Church's lies.

Go ahead and use what you want. The more variety, the merrier. :)

Ballantyne
06-26-08, 03:52 PM
That's great! I guess I was worrying too much about it.

Christina Bredith
07-01-08, 05:29 PM
Raiaera: Xem'Zund's forces had pushed the Raiaeran elves back to Ettermire and the coastal regions. The FQs for this round is about their push back into the mainland area. (I think?)
I haven't been keeping up with it all too well myself, but I think you mean Eluriand, not Ettermire (since Ettermire is the capital of Alerar).

If you want some Ranger-sympathetic towns in Corone, two of them come to mind: Concordia Forest in general is sympathetic to them (but has also been subject to a number of raids by the empire), and Gisela is secretly sympathetic to them as well. I don't know if you've already started a quest or something, but I thought I'd point them out anyway in case you were still looking for something to incorporate. :)

AdventWings
07-01-08, 08:56 PM
Oh, snap! >.<

Yeah, had Ettermire and Eluriand mixed up. :p

Thanks for the correction, Christina! :)