PDA

View Full Version : In which Sh33p molests your gods with an iron stick.

Caden Law
06-24-08, 03:45 PM
Possible Subtitle: Ahoy! *Jumps on the Religion Bandwagon.*

Except I'm getting on the fun one, 'cos it's got all the violence!

Lots of questions here. I'll cut straight to the points. Mostly this is to get a feel for stuff I'm half-assedly planning somewhere down the line. Maybe. Ish. Where possible, I'd like to build off of other people's work (if only tangentially).

What exactly is Denebriel a Saint of? I know she's supposedly held in such high regard for her contact with/subjugation of the Ethereal Sway, but I'm guessing she answered to a higher power of some kind -- even if it was only an abstract concept like Law and Order. (See: St. Cuthbert)
In my character's backstory, there's an order of Clerical Wizards answering to the Salvic Church. Most of them are weather-magi, but you're not unlikely to find the occasional Arcane Paladin among the lot. Where would they fit into the broader organization of the Church of Ethereal Sway?
For that matter: Where would Denebriel fit into the broader continuity I've been half-assedly establishing? To give the tl;dr version: Sorcerors were first, Wizards and Witches branched off from academic and semantics differences, Warlocks branched from both (primarily Wizards) and the whole divinitory group (Necromancers and so on) evolved on their own with plenty of 'crossbreeding' between the two.

I know she was a Forgotten One (re: effectively immortal, ridiculously powerful, mentioned as being a Sorceress in at least one RP featuring Ashiakin, etc etc), but what were her specialties and how did she play the old ineffable game? Did she favor manipulation or brute force? I'm assuming she was a Necromancer leaning more towards spirit than corpse armies, and that she was an Aeromancer of maddening skill as well. Would it be wrong to describe her as being a Queen of Air and Darkness, ala Mab?
Are there any surviving underground movements of other religions in Salvar?
What other groups are present in the Church, anyway? Anything properly Paladinesque? I'm looking for a pre-existing organization/hints of one to build on, the way I extrapolated the Death Lords in Raiaera.
How bad is the civil war right now? Is it something kin to the popularized notions of the Meiji Revolution, with pockets of fighting in the streets backlit to larger but rarer battles; or is it a great big clusterfuck of fratricidal proportions?
How has this effected the port cities? What's trade with Alerar like right now? In particular: Khavlemikai and Aihnrekvolok? Vogstok too, I suppose.
Have the mechanics and positioning of the Weather Towers ever been explained in depth?

Caden Law
06-24-08, 10:45 PM
*Bumps militantly.*