PDA

View Full Version : Monster vs Cute Blonde (Closed)

Adela
06-28-08, 09:49 PM
Adela has Just arrived in Radasanth and she was looking for her first Job, or Victim of pickpocketing. It really didn't matter witch as long as she got her food and money.

She spotted a man walking through the crowd bumping into everyone he could and she bet this was all due to him pick pocketing. so she ran along the sides of the street avoiding everyone, and when she got ahead of the crowd she headed in and headed straight for him. she had no pockets he could get his hands into easily and without her feeling him so she didn't worry about being pick pocketed.

As they approached she lowered her head looking at the ground and got ready, as they bumped she reached into his pockets and grabbed whatever she could. she then slid them down her trousers, and headed for the local tavern to spend her last little bit of money on a beer as she looked over the stuff she just acquired.

as her beer Arrived she was staring at a Envelope no bigger then a piece of parchment and was sealed with wax at the back with what looked like a royal crest embedded in it.

"Oh! i wouldn't keep them waiting deary, that looks really important." The waitress said as she noticed the seal and walked away.

Adela Smiled if this was important it means that man would get in trouble. and she was curious now as to what was inside. As she opened it she saw a letter, and so she read it being inquisitive herself, it read:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Master,

I have found her! The Fortune Teller you requested, but she won't leave her mountain hut. I have tried numerous things, but she just won't leave. but i did happen to get a bit of information out of her for you about spoils and riches.

She said head to the Citadel in Radasanth room IIVX and Face the Unholy of Unholy and face that which skills can not be matched or beaten. And then she also said IF you survive then to find her for your reward.

Sir, I strongly Advice against it this Beast says dreadful and horrible. i will be in Radasanth on the beginning of the 3rd cycle of the moon.

Take care and don't do anything foolish
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Adela smirked the beginning of the 3rd cycle of the moon was 2 days away. which means that the man probably hadn't even gone to the citadel yet.

She stood up chugged back her beer and put the money on the table a few cents short.

"Where's the Citadel?" She asked as she stood wiping her mouth.

"Up the road, once you leave the town you can see it clear as day." The Waitress said as she picked up the money but before she could even say this isn't enough. Adela was long gone, And as the waitress said as soon as she left town she saw the Huge! Tower, almost shrine like at the top of a very large hill.

She Ran there as fast as she could, repeating in her head over and over the number of the room IIVX.

She arrived Burst into the Citadel and ran down a long corridor reading off the numbers. Within no time she found and entered the room. It was a forest and not just any Forest a majestic one, a wide clearing in the middle with a river and waterfall, with Tree's very tightly packed around it.

As she left the door and closed it behind her it disappeared into the rock facing of the Waterfall. She stopped and Focused, planned out traps and fighting Techniques for this vile monster Apparently.

She set up various Branches with rocks in them pulled back and tide tightly down with some string, 4 to be exact. She also dug a hole roughly 4 feet by 4 feet and 8 feet deep, right next to the river, so it was partially filled with water. So she went and cut down some small branches to cover the hole she dug. and used some long grass found in the forest to cover it up. she then went and sat in a tree and waited her opponent.

((OOC: You can have ANY reason to be there i just figured this was a neat way for me to be there. with a fortune teller and u can notice the traps it doesn't matter to me))

Nimis Gulamet
06-29-08, 11:03 AM
My First Citadel Battle:
A Tale by Nimis Gulamet

Dear Reader,

After my banishment from Heaven, I must admit that life looked grim. God had punished my insubordination by attaching a heavy weight to my ankle with thick steel chain. The humiliation alone would have been enough, but he also locked away my powers. Yes, reader, I was doomed to live a miserable life.

Why was I banished in the first place, you ask? Well, the tale pains me, but I shall relate it in short. My dear friend Aurorael angered God and was cast out of Heaven. This made me terribly sad, for Aurorael and I spent many days together enjoying each other’s company and discussing many matters. Consequently, I began to eat in order to cope with the grief. Years later, when Aurorael returned, he hardly recognized me! I had indulged myself to the point of no return. It was easily for my friend to tempt me with extraordinary powers; because of my weight, my wings no longer allowed me to fly! However, the power came from the devil Gluttony and this angered God.

And so we were cast out of Heaven, seven of us in all. For a time I waited for Aurorael to find me in my new icy dungeon. However, I soon realized that he might never find me. The deadly sins of which we had partaken had changed us; he might not be the same man that I once knew. After realizing this, I decided to take matters into my own hands. Soon, I discovered that the world I had landed in was known as Althanas. The frozen region that I had ended up in was known as Salvar. And the delightful little town that welcomed me with open arms was known as Steamvent.

Although life looked grim, all of that changed one day when a warrior arrived in our humble town. I was at my favorite pub, The Jolly Plum, when the man entered. His thick blonde hair was matted to his face with blood and sweat, but his eyes still shone like beacons across a stormy sea. His breastplate was dented, but the insignia on it was still visible; a hammer striking an anvil. His well-muscled arms were bare, showing numerous scars from countless battles. In his fist he clutched a greatsword the likes of which I have never seen. In his other, a tower shield. Reader, this man was a god.

People immediately rushed to his aid as he stumbled through the door. A medic was summoned and soon a crowd had gathered around the young man. He was unconscious, so no one knew where he had come from or what had happened to him. They tended his wounds, fixed his armor, and then waited.

They say he slept for several days before waking even once. I visited him nearly a week after he had stumbled into the pub, just to see how he was doing. In a small town like Steamvent, anything that happens is quite the event. When I entered his room, he was sitting up in bed. His piercing eyes locked onto me, taking in everything they saw; my weight, my ball and chain, and my wings.

Reader, I was used to people looking at me and making a judgment, but it was usually the same story. They scoffed at my weight, telling me that I was being unhealthy. They gasped when they saw the ball attached to my ankle; clearly I was a criminal of some kind and should summarily be avoided. Most ignored the wings, but they inevitably came up in conversation. I was used to this and I accepted it. But this stranger said nothing about any of that.

“You are strong.” Those were his first words to me. Can you believe that!? ‘You are strong.’ What kind of greeting is that? I had expected him to cringe when he saw me, or perhaps take pity. But to appraise me and come up with that comment?

“It’s good to see you’re feeling better,” I had responded, pretty much ignoring his comment. I had no idea how to take it, so better to pretend it never happened. “How did you get here?”

He closed his eyes, likely he had answered this question hundreds of times now. When he didn’t answer or move for several minutes, I took it as my cue to leave. But as I turned for the door, he spoke. “You doubt yourself.”

Hold on, I thought. What had made him say that? Was he still not feeling well? Perhaps he hadn’t truly recovered. His comments made no sense to me… but I was intrigued. “Sure, sometimes… doesn’t everyone?”

“Prove your strength in The Citadel,” he continued on. The Citadel? I had heard of such a place from the villagers, but had never even dreamed of going. This was a tower where the mightiest warriors in all of Althanas went to prove their strength and prowess on a battlefield crafted from their imaginations. Gods could fight in this place and the world would see nothing of the destruction they heaped upon one another. That was no place for the likes of me.

“I’m afraid you have the wrong person,” I had consoled him, patting his shoulder with my meaty hand. His strong fingers locked around my wrist, pulling my down closer to him.

“Nimis Gulamet, you must fight in the Citadel on the morrow.” Wait. How in the blazes did he know my name? Even the villagers only knew me as ‘Nim’. What had been a feeling of disorientation at the man’s words now turned to anger. What did he know?

“Listen,” I stated. “I don’t know who you are or what you’re doing here, but I want no part in it. I’m happy here, these people like me. So just heal and leave, sir.”

Reader, it felt good to get that off my chest. Proudly, I turned to leave and had almost made it out the door before he spoke again. “Life forces us into situations where we must prove out worth to ourselves,” he said enigmatically. Shaking my head, I opened the door and stepped through.

However, it was not the outer room that I had expected which greeted me.

Although I had stepped through a door in a building in the frost-bitten wasteland of Steamvent, I had emerged in a lush forest with no traces of snow. Whirling about, I searched for the door, but found nothing behind me except a clearing. I was disoriented, friends. What manner of fell magicks had transported me here? And for what purpose? Was this part of the chess match between God and Satan where I was but a pawn? The answers to these questions would likely not be answered soon, so I strode forth into the clearing.

A babbling brook wound its way through the center of the wide swath cut through the trees and several large rocks dotted the landscape. Across from me there was a huge waterfall which crashed down into a lake, the brook flowed from its frothing waters. A bright sun shone down on me from high in the sky and I felt my fair skin heat for the first time in a long time. Temperature rarely bothered me, but I had grown acclimated to the frozen climate of Salvar.

Reader, at this point I still had no idea what was going on, but I was thirsty. Dragging my ball behind me, I made my way across the clearing to where the brook flowed gently by. As I neared the bank, I heard an ominous creak and then felt the ground beneath me give. I tumbled down into a hole, landing in knee-high water at the bottom. Who knew why the trap had been set; I had fallen for it regardless. The ball attached to my ankle rested on the lip of the pit, its weight keeping it from following me. I prayed that it stayed there, for I didn’t want one hundred pounds of steel falling on my head. I had enough to worry about.

I suppose you can guess where this is going, but don’t think you know everything about this tale. There is quite the interesting twist coming soon, but I think I shall stop writing for now. The Henry’s are having a glazed ham for dinner and they invited me over. Reader, I hate to leave you like this with such a cliff-hanger, but that ham is calling to me. I’ll return later this evening to continue the tale.

You ought to grab something to eat too.

Signed,
Nimis

Adela
07-05-08, 11:54 PM
Adela was almost a sleep in her tree perch as she heard a creak and then a loud snap, followed by Water splashing. She looked up and saw someone in her trap she had set at the waters edge. She smiled as she drew a Dagger and threw it at Rock trap 1 of 2. Sending a Rock flying through the air about the size of basketball and weighing about 60-80 pounds hurtling through the air towards the trapped beast. as the Rock launched into the air. She fell to the ground calmly walking towards the beast with her sword drawn.

If he didn’t do anything the rock would hopefully knock him unconscious and she would decapitate him for a prize.

Nimis Gulamet
07-06-08, 09:23 AM
Reader, some things in this world will always outshine the heavens. Food here has some intangible quality to it that just makes it better. That honey-glazed ham Housewife Henry served last night was utterly delectable. I shan’t need to eat for an entire week! But, of course, I will.

How was your dinner? I hope it was as satisfying as mine was. I hope you ate your fill because now I’d like you to sit down so we can continue this tale. Let me flip back a page and make sure I start precisely where I left off… a moment, dear reader.

Ah yes, I was trapped in a pit that was filled to knee height with water. Let me tell you, it was quite the predicament that I found myself in. I had no idea where I was, nor how I had arrived there. Surely some brand of magic was responsible for my deplorable situation. However, I knew there was no sense in dwelling on the past. I could sort through things later; right now I was in danger.

In the air above my earthy dungeon, I heard a thwump. It sounded like branches of a tree brushing against each other, but with much more force than one would typically encounter. I wondered, was it storming out there? From what I could see of the clear blue sky, that didn’t seem like a viable option. So what then?

Reader, I cannot hope to convey to you what happened next, but I will try my hardest. There I am, stuck in a pit looking up at the sky when all of a sudden a huge rock slams into the earth inches from the opening to the trap. I nearly leapt out of my skin! The walls of my cage crumbled a bit from the impact, but they held firm. I knew then that I had to get out… now.

Summoning all the strength I could muster, I launched myself into the air and unfurled my wings as soon as they were free of their earthly confines. As I passed the steel ball attached to my ankle, I grabbed it and yanked it into the air with me. In my angel form, it is easy enough for me to alter the thing’s weight. So it followed me easily into the air, both of our masses seemingly breaking the laws of physics. But those laws bind only the Firmament, not that which is beyond. Many of my abilities can bend those laws to my will; this was certainly one of them.

With the ball clutched tightly in my sausage-like fingers, I scanned the clearing for any more signs of danger. I easily spied her. Cocooned in leather, the way she sauntered across the battlefield was clearly meant to distract the common man. I nearly laughed, reader, for she obviously did not know who she was dealing with. When in heaven, there was a friend of mine who gave himself over to the vice of lust, but not I. Gluttony is my weakness, but that is where I draw the line. Earthly longings of other natures do not stir my loins like they do to some. An angel, even a fallen one, is above that.

All of these thoughts occurred at the apex of my mighty leap, but then I felt myself begin to fall. It is true, reader; my tiny wings cannot support my massive girth. It is a sad fact that an angel cannot fly; a fact that I have had to live with for many years now. I tell myself it is merely a sacrifice that I made for far greater powers. However, after my banishment, I hardly have any powers left. I am but a shell of my former self.

As I plummeted straight back into my dank dungeon, I heaved the steel ball from my body with all the strength I could muster. Its full weight returned at my unspoken command and altered my path just enough so that my sandaled feet hit dry land instead. Dusting my creamy robes off, I turned to face my attacker. Clearly there was more to her than first met the eye, for she had already caught me once. Warily, I drew a length of chain seemingly from nowhere and whirled it ominously before me.

Hopefully she would get the message.

I hated fighting, but I could defend myself if necessary. I wanted nothing better than to return to my home; if she stood in my way I would have no qualms about felling her. “Let me go in peace,” I pleaded with her. The stony mask she wore would likely stay firm; there would be no chink in her armor. The feel of battle washed over the place; I knew it couldn’t be avoided.

With the steel chain whirling lazily between us, I waited for her response. Best to feel out the opponent than rush in foolishly, I figured.

That took me much longer to write than I had anticipated! My room now grows dangerously cold and I must tend to the fire before my extremities fall off. Unfortunately, there is no more firewood left from my last visit to the woods near Steamvent. Reader, it shall be a long afternoon for me; a cold one too. Worry not though, I shall return this evening to continue the tale.

Oh, I cannot wait until this room is delightfully toasty once again! Take care of yourself.

Signed,
Nimis

Adela
07-19-08, 01:01 AM
As Adela sauntered out to the hole she saw a beast leap into the air. that beast really was the unholy of unholies, but then he started plummeting, it was as if the beast could not fly at all.

Thud

the ground shook with great force as the unholy beast's ball and chain hit the ground just outside her trap.

and then he did something very perculiar he pulled a chain out of thin air and started spinning it, but that wasn't all he continues and spoke

“Let me go in peace.”

Adela broke out laughing as she threw a dagger widely past him and upwards, she had been studying the wind patterns in this place for the past few minutes she was waiting for him and she thought she had them sorted out. but instead of coming down into the top of his head a strong gust of wind came and blew it off cource, accidently triggering one of her branch traps. she only had 2 left now

she needed to save those, but again a rock came flying through the air at the beast's back, she really couldnt complain as she drew her sword and ran forward trying to keep his attetion away from the oncoming rock.

Nimis Gulamet
07-24-08, 04:03 PM
Reader, today is not a good day for reminiscing about the events of the past, but I feel as though you have waited long enough to hear about my first battle in the famous Citadel. Regretfully, I will be extremely busy for all of today and most of tomorrow. That being said, I will try my best to give you an accurate description that is not to broken up by my comings and goings.

So there we were on the riverside, me asking for peace and her staring daggers at me. Part of me really thought that she would consider letting me go; what good would it be to fight someone who clearly had no interest in battle? However, there was that feel to the air… that sense that something terrible was about to happen. It sounds a bit clichéd, I know, but that was the feeling I had just before she responded.

When she laughed at me (yes, Reader, she laughed) I knew that I had no choice in the matter. We were now locked in a battle to the death. In that moment, I felt something within me snap. I let go of a restraint that I had been holding and let the beautiful warmth of my power flow through me. My hair practically stood on end from the charge of the adrenaline working its magic as it pumped through me.

An unearthly roar escapde my lips and I began to transform. My lips shrunk back into my face as my teeth sharpened to dangerous points. As my skin took on a sickly blue-green hue, my pupils dilated and began to pulse with a red glow. My features distorted beyond recognition, my nails grew much longer, and I felt power. I cannot begin to describe exactly what it feels like to give yourself wholly to sin, but let me tell you that it is a wondrous thing.

My opponent raced toward me, her sword in hand, and my roar turned into a scream of fury. She had made an attack directed at me! She was trying to kill me! All the rage that I had bottled inside for so long became manifested in me as I gripped the steel ball attached to my leg and summoned all the strength I could muster. Whipping the heavy ball around me like it weighed nothing, I let the fury of my soul fuel my warcry. Rock shattered into millions of pieces as the steel ball gained speed; apparently she had sprung another one of her traps.

Reader, can I tell you that this knowledge only served to fuel my appetite for death even more? Her attack had brought her too close; she was mine now. Time slowed as the ball hurtled through the air, its path a collision course for her delicate frame. Unless she possessed superhuman reflexes, I doubted very much that she would be able to dodge out of the way. And unless her bones were made of adamantite, I also doubted she could take the hit. A wicked smile graced my hideously deformed features as the realization struck me; this battle could be over before it had hardly begun.

Now, I must make haste and leave my room for a time. Fear not; I will return soon to regale you with the rest of my tale. I assure you, reader, you will not be disappointed.

Til Then,
Nimis

Adela
09-16-08, 09:46 AM
The next few seconds seemed to take a year to Adela, The beast launched his ball and chain at her, it was heading straight towards her, she tried to roll to the right. She was too slow as the ball hit her left shoulder.

Sending her flying backwards, and when she hit the ground she started to roll backwards. She only stopped once her foot hit a tree trunk. She got up and wandered back into the tree’s surrounding the area. Looked back calmly and motioned for her opponent to follow her, as she sprinted into the forest.

She got to a area, that was big enough for her opponent to stand, and yet still small enough for branches to be touching him.

She pulled out a spool of her string and started working, she tied back branches and set up so after one branch hit him a few more would go off and hit him.

She knew this would do little do no damage, but hopefully it could daze or confuse him.

After a few minutes she climbed up higher then where her opponents head would be, she wanted to come down from atop and stab him either in the head, or the back. Whatever the result may be she planned for a fatal or near fatal strike.