PDA

View Full Version : A fight anyone? (1 may fight, many may watch)

Kohaku Ryuu
07-10-08, 08:45 AM
Kohaku walked down the street, quite bored actually. He was looking for something to do, something that would take the edge off his boredom. But, the more he looked, the more bored he got. He couldn’t really help it that much, seeing as his only companion was Kunu, his playful little fox demon, who was busy at the moment playing with a few stray cats down a back alley. So much for that….

As he rounded a corner, he happened to overhear a conversation. ”Hey, did you hear what happened at the Zirnden yesterday? Some guy actually lost an arm! Apparently his opponent wanted more then just a fight.”

Well, needless to say, Kohaku had already turned back around and was heading down the street he came from. He remembered passing the Zirnden on his way through, and was going to check it out, not having anything better to do. And as he walked he noticed Kunu was walking beside him now, he must have picked up on Kohaku’s excitement.

Well, five minuets and a few hundred steps later, they arrived outside the Zirnden. The place was a little less lively then he thought it would be, but still, he was going to check it out. That’s why he came, right? He opened the door and looked inside to see an arena, a raised platform in the center of the building, and spectators watching a fight already in progress between a Dragoon and a Dark Elf, and it looked like the elf was winning.

But, before he could sit down, some human walked over and handed him an application and a pen, then walked away before Kohaku could protest. Well, with his nature, combined with how bored he was, he decided to go ahead and fill out the form to enter in a fight. He walked over and handed it to the guy who gave it to him, and him and Kunu walked over and took a seat and started to watch the two warriors duke it out in the arena, the dragoon getting slammed into the cage, and he could have sworn he saw a tooth go flying out of the cage.

Warklaw
07-13-08, 12:00 PM
Ayerwulf sat in the shadows of a building corner. Hunched over, making him look more like a feral beast than a man. He watched the amatures fight, the way they fought, even the Dragoon, looked like a childs ballet compared to his crude and brutish, but very affective style. Normally, Ayerwulf would never enter such a mundane contest, but he had to, his only loved one left was starving; the little wolf pup in the massive and muscled cradle of Ayerwulf's arms. The little pup, Nalva, whined weakly, she had gone at least a week without a proper meal; Ayerwulf even went so far as cutting off parts of his calf to feed her, but the inhuman muscle sinews made it like trying to chew through rhinox hide. It was simple, it was an exchange; ruin the lives of many to save the life of one, it was more than fair.

The pup was twitching, she was close to death. If nothing else, Ayerwulf Gould give her the ravaged body parts of his opponents for her to feed on. A man walked up to Ayerwulf and, rather rudely, told him to get ready. Ayerwulf snarled, barring his extraordinaily sharp teeth, almost wolfish in their manner. Sooner than he wished, the lycan, though none knew, was called into the ring. He removed his cloak and sword scabbard from his back,

"Fenrir, this fight is below you. I will not waste your cold judgement and predetermined damned." He whispered to his ancient sword in his ancient and bestial tongue. Ayerwulf stepped into the ring, dismayed to see an adolecent boy, high on testosterone, among other things, wanting to show off to his friend or lass. The lycan sighed as the bell rang and the boy charged at him with a crude wooden club. Ayerwulf stood and just stared at the kid as tried to beat down a monsterous man that stood an easy two or three feet higher than him. The wooden bat simply bounced off of the lycan's over-developed muscle.

"Waste of my time..." Ayerwulf mumbled, reaching over the ring edge and grabbing a nice, hefty wood chair. In a blink of an eye the chair was
splintered as the kid was "grand slammed" out of the ring, followed by Ayerwulf spitting on the ground in distaste.

Kohaku Ryuu
07-13-08, 06:32 PM
Kohaku watched the quick match in silence, and quite frankly, was disgusted...a grown man beating up a kid like that...It made him sick. He looked up at the announcer and motioned to the man that urked him so, and challenged him.

The announcer didn't even wait for a reply from the man. ”Okay, our next match is...Kohaku, and Ayerwulf. Would the two please step into the arena.”

Kohaku gave a light smile as he effortlessly jumped up onto the raised platform. ”Hey, Ayerwulf, is it? Why don't you pick on someone your own size? I think I can offer you a bit more of a challenge then that child did. Allow me to show you the true meaning of the word 'warrior'” And, with those words, Kohaku drew his swords, sparks shooting out of the sheaths as the metal blades drug across them, creating a glowing about him for a moment that showed off his decorated armor, and also showed their fire resistance as the sparks bounced off him without even singing the cotton fibers.

Kunu, his partner demon looked up at Kohaku curiously, his head cocked to one side at his master's sudden change in mood. Usually he was very calm and easy going. But, now he was very serious and...angry. That was very, very unusual for him. And, it also made him that much more dangerous. He usually toyed with his enemy for a while playfully...but like this, he couldn't be trusted to that.

Once they were both in the arena, the announcer turned a crank, lowering the cage over them. As soon as the gate touched down over the arena, the announcer raised a hand, then quickly lowered it. ”Fight!”

Warklaw
07-14-08, 01:35 AM
Ayerwulf has many instincts of a wolf, and wolves are very territorial. In his eyes, the arena was his. So when another leapt into the ring, the beast stirred within, but he restrained himslef; if the new challenger had stayed his tongue, it would have been relatively painless, but the strike at his pride and his
morals broke the chains of restraint. He let his Wild Wolf Spirit free.

Ayerwulf seemed to change instantaniously, his nails became claws,
blood seeped from his mouth because his teeth became massive fangs. The most freightening was his eyes; once a beautiful blue, now fiery andgold with anger, rage, and primal instinct.

"You are no warrior," Ayerwulf laughed, his eyes bugging and his sharp teeth glistening, "you are a glory hungry child with nothing better to do." The lycan looked utterly insane, to put it simply.

"I certainly hope this is not your living, 'cause dying isn't much of a living, boy." This opponent, wanting to do nothing more than win a place in the bulletins, the gold prize, and the occasional woman. Such a selfish foe was not worthy of Fenrir's Fang, Ayerwulf decided, pulling a stilleto knife, the size of a finger, from his boot, he still thought that the enemy did not deserve as much.

"Listen, I don't want to kill you. I don't want to hurt anyone more than I must, but you stand between me and something I would gladly kill ten thousand for. You stand in the way of a life, a life that is the only remains of my happiness. You are risking too much here, it is not worth it to you."
Ayerwulf tried to sincerely sway the stubborn new challenger. It was true, if he stepped aside, he would live, if he stayed his blades and his ground, he would be lightly injured. If he refused to budge, not even the Divine Wolf knew what would happen.

Kohaku Ryuu
07-14-08, 09:31 AM
Kohaku smiled, “Do you think a little transformation is going to scare me? My little fox demon has a transformation more fierce then that. Why don't you quit playing around before I take an arm for a trophy.” And it wasn't a question...It was a command.

Kohaku, in his head took tax of the situation. 'Well now, a little trick up his sleeve, huh? This should be interesting. But, why does he not draw his weapon? It's hardly fare that he goes easy on me like this. But, oh well, when he gets hurt, I just he's not too proud to accept some help from me.' And with that, Kohaku let loose, running at him, both swords at the ready.

When he got close enough, Kohaku jumped up into the air, spun once and sent a fireball at the dog-man-thing with his Pyro Play, Then as he fell he swung one sword down at the beast's left shoulder, while trying to plunge his other sword into the beast's stomach. If the beast blocked, the shower of sparks from his swords would allow him enough distraction to jump back to get ready for the attack. If even one of the attacks went through, he would remove the weapon quickly, then stand at the ready to defend.

Warklaw
07-14-08, 01:51 PM
Ayerwulf sighed as the half-breed attacked him. First came
the fireball,

"Primative and boring, the spellweave of a nephyte." Ayerwulf said as he just stood there, letting the fire hit him and engulf him. The boy jumped and landed, stabbing his blade into Ayerwulf's stomach while the other one got trapped in the muscles of the massive man's shoulder. There they stood, one would have said victory was the half-breed's, that one would die.

"Impressive..." Ayerwulf began, looking into the eyes of his opponent. The fire from the magic attack had extinguished and the lycan's skin had healed, "But this is not a dance." Grasping him by the throat, Ayerwulf headbutted him with the force of a troll swinging a tree. Lifting the half-breed away from his body and hurling him into the cage, causing the bars to dent.

Ayerwulf looked to the sky, it was sundown... Time to
play. He grinned as he began to convulse, changing even more, growing three feet in height and his muscle mass doubling. His mouth became more of a muzzle to acommidate the massive teeth

Kohaku Ryuu
07-16-08, 08:40 AM
Kohaku pried himself out of the dent and sighed, placing a hand on his back and neck. A faint pinkish glow emitted from them as the bruising went away from the hits. ”Thank god for healing techniques.” he muttered as he readied his swords, and rushed at the beast again.

Well now, he has regeneration powers, huh? Well, at that rate, he won’t be able to keep up. At his level, that kind of power usage has to drain him.Kohaku thought as he ran at the Lycan creature.

Kohaku decided to try the frontal assault thing for a change, slashing down at the beast’s right shoulder with one sword, while striking at the beast’s left side with the other. Unless he dodged the attacks, it would be very hard to block both strikes at the same time with nothing more then a finger-length dagger.

Warklaw
07-23-08, 02:55 PM
Ayerwulf continued to change, looking less like a human and more like a beast of nightmarish origin. The half-breed began a charge, but Ayerwulf's keen ears picked up the sound of his assault, even past the roar of blood in his own head. Thinking fast, but with a malicious and feral intelligence, the Lycan threw his knife at the man, with luck it would not kill the lad, but nothing was promised when Ayerwulf was in this state.

Kohaku Ryuu
07-25-08, 12:58 PM
The knife was little more then a fly as it glanced off his light armor, only leaving a small dent where the blade had hit. And as the wolf creature was now defenseless enough, Kohaku grasped both swords and brought them both down at the creature’s shoulders, trying to dig deep into his body as he landed from his jump.

And again, why was this beast not using his weapon? It was truly a waste of good metal. To not use a weapon gives it no meaning. So why would he hold back? Was it pride? Who knows, all that matters now is what the result of that attack was.

Warklaw
07-27-08, 04:44 PM
Again, the half-breed attacked, did he want to die? Ayerwulf was honestly tired of this youth's misplaced sense of bravery. With the Change nearly complete, everything seemed slower, more keen and easier to notice. He could hear the heartbeats of those watching as well as the one attacking, he could smell the sweat cultivating on the boy's brow, the blood on the stone floor.

The half-breed fared better against the knife, seeing as how Ayerwulf was more accustomed to use axes as a projectile. 'No matter,' he thought, 'all pups must learn their place.'

The now near-Garou Ayerwulf ran into the attack with astonishing speed, trying to get inside the arc of the blades, he succeeded, but only barely as the sharp edges of the swords opened red lines in Ayerwulf hide. Grabbing the half-breed near the end of his jump, grasping his legs and driving his bleeding shoulder into the boy's abdomen, Ayerwulf stretched himself out and brought the boy down on the hard floor in a suplex that caused the cobblestone to crack lightly.

Knocking one blade away while keeping the boy's other wrist pinned to the ground, Ayerwulf raised a claw, ready to strike.

"What are you doing this for, lad?" Ayerwulf howled at the boy, "What 'greater purpose' do you have to fight in this?" Ayerwulf did not want to kill the boy, he wanted this boy to live, he was a good fighter but his way of perception was clouded by pride and self confidence,

"What are you doing this for, laddie? I have the last of my family dying of hunger as we speak, that is why i fight. I fight for the means to get food for the only family I have left! What is your drive to fight! It is honorable that you stand up for that boy i thrashed, but you must understand that he made his choice! Make yours, you are a great fighter for your age, but if you proceed to go down this path of simple fighting for the hell of it, you will die." Ayerwulf tried to talk sense into the lad, there was no sense in killing one who does not know any better than what they see and perceive.

"The choice is yours, but I WILL win this. I WILL save my little Nalva, if you stand in my way, I will treat you no better than a Hunter of Wolves. I will only need a third to a half of the winnings to feed my wolfsister. I will let you have the rest. Hell, I'll let you bloody win if you will but give me enough to feed a starving child." His eyes grew narrow and burned with bottled rage, "But know that if that happens and you succumb to the sin of greed and leave my sister to sufer, I will kill you in a way that you will beg for hell!"

Kohaku Ryuu
07-28-08, 04:07 AM
((OOC:Tecknically, that whole move was one big Godmod...But, I will let it slide for this one small Price.))

Kohaku smiled, He liked this guy for some reason. Sure, the dog breath was bad, and the fact that he was almost completely pinned to the ground wasn't pleasent, but still, Kohaku had no idea that that was why he was fighting.

And, in that breaf moment, Kohaku brought his knee up to meet the man's stomach, and quickly slammed his fist into the side of his dog-like face. That should be enough to at least get him off him. "60/40 in your favor if I win. Sound good to you? Even a half elf has a little self-pride...." he muttered that last part.

Warklaw
07-28-08, 02:30 PM
(( ummm... Not really. I didn't control your character and I didn't pass unscathed. You already ratted me out once. Just remember he is near the completion of his most powerful form, he is faster and stronger than most.))

Ayerwulf snarled after the blows to his gut and face. The knee to his midsection was enough to knock the wind out of him, but the punch to the face didn't go anywhere, they just collided.

"Very well. Earn your prize from me." In the brutish language of his people, Ayerwulf chanted a spell. His sword outside the ring floated and slashed through the bars and landed in it's wielder's hands. The entire sword was almost as long as Ayerwulf was tall. The blade was black with shimmering blue runes carved into the strange material. A haze seemed to be surrounding the blade, like a fog.

"Now face the fury of the Wolf God!" Ayerwulf swung his sword in a figure eight, the ring seemed to chill horribly. Ice and frost grew on the bars and the puddles of blood froze.

"Let us see if you deserve the prize, you prideful child..."

Taskmienster
10-02-09, 03:19 PM
This thread has been waiting for over a year. If you would like to complete it, or work on it further, you can PM myself or another staff member and ask for it to be moved. However, till that time, it will be resting in the Scara Brae Archive forum.

Thanks,
~Task