PDA

View Full Version : Avast! He Has Landed

Levi
06-29-06, 10:56 AM
((Closed to Mudfoot, open to one other))

"Yo, ho, yo , ho, a pirates life for me!" Levi sung as he guzzled the large bottle of rum. One of the deck swabbers, a small boy approached the pirate. He cleared his throat then tapped the pirate on the shoulder. Levi swung around, "can I help yah lad?" Levi said as he took one more sip of his long time love. "Yes, sir we are about to hit land and we haven't slowed a bit. If we dont start lowering the sails we will head straight into the port" The boy said with a concerned look upon his face. Levi took one look at the massive land mass that was dead ahead. He gazed back at the boy and laughed. "You see I have been doing this for years. I think I can handle docking my ship, really shouldn't you be swabbing the deck mah boy?" Levi said as he poured a bit of rum onto the deck. The boy shrugged and went back to his station among the ship.

"Land Hoooooooo!!!" Levi cryed as he pointed in the direction of Scara Brae. "Sir the boy just mentioned there was land ahead, we already knew." Korin the Levi's right hand man called out. "Ahh thankyou Korin! You always are on the ball lad. Thankyou for having such a keen eye when it comes to pointing out LARGE PIECES OF LAND THAT ANY FOOL COULD SEE FROM MILES AWAY!" Levi shouted as he jumped into laughter. Obviously the captian was drunk and had no clue what he was saying. Half of the remarks he made were never well thought out and had no meaning when he was like this.

The ship was crusing towards the island at remarkable speed. The crews eyes became worried and some hid in the lower quarters. Levi still humming his favorite pirate song continued to head towards the island full speed. As the ship approached the island, Levi braced himself. With few feet remaining he swung the wheel to the left, hard and fast. The ship whipped around quickly and the right side of the boat began to dip closer to the water. The edge of the boat was now level with the dock and Levi stepped over to the tipped side of the boat, he took one giant step onto the dock. The boat leved it self back out and a large splash covered the pirate in water. A few crew members let out a sigh of relief, wiping the sweat from thier forehead.

With drenched clothes the pirate made his way onto the land itself. As he stepped his boots made a sqeaking sound that annoyed quite a few crew mates. Levi spotted the port officer. He gestured his crew to wait there while he took care of the situation. "Ahh hello sir and welcome to Scara Brae." The man said as he marked the ships name down onto the list. "Now, you may dock your ship here as long as needed. We welcome you to the island and hope you have a wonderful stay." The man said with a cheerful tone. Levi leaned in closer, he whispered in the man's ear. "How bout two shillings and you let me dock my ship here as long as im on this island" Levi said as he leaned back and nodded in approval. The man now had a confused look upon his face. "Sir, I just said you could dock here for fre.." Levi intterupted, "Ahh Lad, Im trying to make a deal with yah. Yes or no, thats all I need. Sevvy?"

The man sighed in confusion, "Umm, I assume two shillings is fair. Welcome to Scara Brae." The dock officer said as he trotted back to the mainland. Levi turned and faced his crew. They knew what a dumb deal he had made and all had a look of dissaproval on thier faces. Levi simply lifted a "thumbs up" gesture to the crew before returning to them.

Mudfoot
06-30-06, 10:49 AM
The hobbit walked on through the boiling hot sun, eventually finding his way through the huge, smelly and quite boring forest. He looked about to see if any people were around, but all he saw was…green. The only other choice for the hobbit was to walk on, which he had already gotten used to by now.

He thought to himself How long until I reach somewhere?
Well at least its some sort of field now and not a dreaded forest!
Falco kept on walking and saw someone standing by the sea, he presumed it was the docks so he started running towards in quite a hurry, but stopped suddenly as he stood close to the sea.

Falc looked in terror as he saw a huge pirate ship (at least he assumed it was) rushing towards the dock. “What on earth is that captain thinking? Is he going to crash into the docks?! I’d better get out of here then.” He tried to run from the scene but couldn’t help but admire the speed and beauty of the ship for a few minutes. Eventually he hid behind a barrel to get out of the way, he stuck his head over the top and glanced at the ship as it awkwardly turned into the dock and made itself level.

A tall man, at least to a hobbit, stepped out of the ship, soaking wet and squeaking as he walked. He had long black hair that was unkempt and pulled into dreadlocks, parts of his hair was decorated with colourful beads, also a goatee with two locks of hair extending from his jaw, as well as a normal pirate garb and of course a hat to top it all off.

The man walked up to the port officer and spoke to him, from what Falc could hear, it sounded like the man was trying to pay for something that is already free Hm…. I’m guessing too many drinks…

The hobbit gathered enough courage to get up from behind the barrel and walk up to both men, he asked them “Afternoon fellas! Would any of you be kind enough to tell me…. Where am I?!”

Christina Bredith
07-04-06, 02:22 PM
Sorry for the late reply, but I’m here at last! ^^
Christina had found her way to Scara Brae on a ship much like Levi Grim’s. Actually, it was quite unlike Levi’s, if you want to get into specifics: the ship was neither a pirate ship nor captained by a drunken pirate. Either way, she too was new to Scara Brae. The woman had heard good things about this place; apparently it was a place where adventurers from all corners of the world starting new lives came to get their feet wet, so to speak. What better place for her to visit, then? Her life had recently been turned upside down, so Scara Brae is just the place where she can regain her balance.

That was what she had thought, anyway. The advertisements, she found, were a bit larger than life. Presently Christina was sitting, completely bored out of her wits, in a port-side bar drinking from a tall glass of iced tea to beat the heat. Her red tunic was loosened halfway down her chest in a futile effort to help her flustered body lower its temperature, but even that enjoyed little success, although none of the nearby sailors complained when they passed by and took obvious glimpses of her cleavage. Christina ignored all the stares, though; the men could fill up on eye candy as much as they pleased, for all she cared. She simply didn’t acknowledge their existence. Damn this southern heat, she thought to herself as she brought the tall glass to her lips again. And everyone here is so serious. There’s not even anywhere decent to go shopping! What’s a girl supposed to do?

Thankfully, as Christina gazed out toward the horizon, she realized she would not be bored for long. Setting down the glass and sucking her lips in to get rid of any remaining liquid, the woman narrowed her eyes and peered out at what appeared to be a ship coming in at full speed. She may not have been a sailor, but it didn’t take ten years of experience on a ship to know when one is coming in much too fast. As Levi’s ship got even closer, Christina became more and more certain that it was moving much too quickly. She got a strange look on her face and laughed nervously, scratching the back of her head. Surely she was just seeing things! The heat must have been getting to her. No way was some crazy pirate ship rocketing at a break-neck pace towards the port, ready to smash into it and ruin any chance she had of getting off this god-forsaken island.

This time Christina was both right and wrong in her wishful thinking. The ship was not a mirage – it certainly was racing towards the island like it was running away from a hurricane. But on the bright side, it was not about to crash into the port and land-lock her. No, it was instead almost about to crash into the port and land-lock her, before its captain turned it hard to port and brought it to an uncanny stop. Christina joined a chorus of nervous onlookers in letting out a heavy sigh of relief. Most of them had been worried about their lives, but she had been worried about her freedom. With the crisis averted, however, Christina stood up and her found her spirits rising just as she did.

“Finally something interesting happens on this zit of an island!” she said with a laugh to herself as she began to make her way towards the new ship, if for no reason other than to thank its absurd but amusing captain for his diversion. Hey, at least she hadn’t been thinking about the heat!

Mudfoot
07-15-06, 04:04 PM
((Where'd he go?))

Falco awaited an answer from either of the two men, but he saw that they didn’t even look at him. The man who made the silly deal turned round to his crew and gave them a thumbs up. Falc knew he wasn’t noticed here, so he dropped his head down and walked off.

He slowly walked through a crowd of people who, by the looks of it, were scared to death because of the pirate vessel. He wanted to join them for a while, just to fit in, but he was too hot and tired to keep standing. There it was, a perfect spot to sit down in and have a rest and a lie down on the grass. It was positioned just under a large tree, just a few yards from where the crowd were gathered. The hobbit decided to lie down under the tree and watch to see if anything else happened. With almost no sound apart from the quiet chatter of the crowd below him, Falc felt like he could just fall to sleep, so he did.

A few minutes later a breeze whistled across his cheek and the chatter of the crowd grew. He awoke to see the crowd separate, he got up as quickly as he could to try and speak to some of them individually. Unfortunately he couldn’t get anyone’s attention from the loud chatter. Falco approached a tall, blonde haired girl amidst the separating crowd, he pulled her crimson waistcoat gently and asked her “Excuse me Ma’am, Where are we?” As he let go.