PDA

View Full Version : under the tears of the moon

4saykin
07-22-08, 11:07 PM
on a night so far,but yet so near......the young man,with all is battle scars and his long black hair.His sowd in hand and his bow fllirmly straped to his back,hunts deep with in the forest in hopes to make a catch,perhaps a dear to have as a mael......

Has he steps through the trees lightly,he hears a song being song as if by an angel.It sound like it was coming from the falls which were called the moons tear fall......

He appraoched the falls to find a young ladie bathing within the water,out of the cornor of his eye he finds a deer,he pulls his bow with arrow in hand,but the young ladies song is more beautiful then any he has heard.......it destracts him,and the startles the deer.Quickly the deer runs and vanishes within the trees and dark......

He sits there on a rock and listen as the young ladie sings,He pulls his dagger from hiis side and picks up a small branch that had fellen from a tree above.And has she sings,he widdles away at the small brach,make a flute......to give to a child within his village

Mithra Reborn
07-22-08, 11:36 PM
Darcy did have a habit of singing while she bathed. She got mad when the maid told her they were out of bathing water, and went off to find a fresh water spring to bathe in. Deilio told her to be careful, she know, but Darcy had to roll her eyes and tell the Mother Hen to stop worrying so much.

The pool she had found was beautiful with where it was. It came from a stream, crystal clear water that was cool to the touch, a blessing on this warm summer evening. The trees surrounding were dark pines, leaving a delightful scent to the water as well. She sat back a moment, and listened to the near deafening silence. The wind blue across her face gently, harmonizing with the hoots of owls and the prancing of deer. It was hard to find such tranquility on a ship, even in the dead of night at sea.

It was nice to finally be somewhere because she found it relaxing and not for gold or treasure. Some of her men thought it was time they left the ship, so the others that remained had their hands full with training some greenhorns they pulled from Hooligan's grotto.

That's a vacation in and above itself since its just relaxing on deck and giving the greenhorns hell when they mess up, Darcy thought. She looked up at the crescent moon as she waded in the water, naked as her name day. It looked like a stringless bow just then, reminding her of a song. she sat on a smooth boulder under the water, and began rubbing a cleansing stone along her skin softly as she recalled the song:

In the moonlight I felt your heart
Quiver like a bowstring's pulse
In the moon's pure light, you looked at me
Nobody knows your heart

When the sun is gone I see you
Beautiful and haunting, but cold
Like the blade of a knife, so sharp and so sweet
Nobody knows your heart

All of your sorrow, grief and pain
Locked away in the forest of the night
Your secret heart belongs to the world
Of the things that sigh in the dark
Oh the things that cry in the dark

Humming the tune after singing the words once again, she plunged back in the water, her hair streaming in the water like the colors of a ship in the wind.

Song stolen lovingly from: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmVNuwUqAU4

4saykin
07-28-08, 01:58 PM
As he had finshed the flute,he sat there thinking.......how can such a beautiful young lady withh a voise of an angle........be out here all by her self.For there were many dangerous creatures out,and the more carniverous one were nocternal.but he had not worried about them........He had planned on widdling yet another flute,and so he did.

He had fished with such eaz.Had wounderer were she was from cuz he had never seen her before,and knew every one from the area.he knew she was new to the region.......He also knew that if something had happened to her,her family would be greatly in pain.

He sat there and began playing the flute that he had just finished..........maybe she would sing another song.....He did not know though.....

Mithra Reborn
07-28-08, 02:20 PM
Darcy heard a small growl to her back, and turned around, her long hair following to cover her breasts. A shadowcat stepped from the trees, eying her carefully. She had to smirk. This wasn't the first time this happened. She stepped from the water, always keeping her eye on the cat, and drew her sword and one of her throwing knives and began walking in a circle just as it was. The moment you let a cat complete its circle around its prey, you are done for.

Once Darcy saw the pattern of how it moved, she prepared the throwing knife. It had a good chance of missing seeing as the cat reflexes are much better than hers, but she had to try. She threw the knife with careful might, showering the soft grass below her feet in drops of water from her hair. Surprisingly, it grazed the beast on the side where the leg met the torso.

Oh, that had to tear a muscle or two, Darcy thought to herself, stopping in the circle a moment. It wouldn't be able to pounce very easily with that leg. Ransieg taught her this when they came ashore to sack Underwood many years ago. She still saw his face on the wanted list.

The shadowcat instead, broke for the bushes and left the clearing in a walk with a small limp.

Smart little kitty. Trying to surprise me by coming out of nowhere. With her sword still in hand she left the edge of the clearing and went for the center near the pool, in which she grabbed another throwing knife. The wind she always blessed for sailing her ship she now cursed for making her so cold. Goose-prickles stood up on her skin everywhere, but that was hard to think of right now when a bloody shadowcat was trying to eat you for dinner.

And so Darcy waited, looking at every dark spot she knew the beast could emerge from. The most likely place it would come from was to come at her back, so she kept herself steady and tense.

Why in Hell's name is it that whenever I go somewhere without Deilio, something happens?! She exclaimed in her head, frustrated.

4saykin
07-28-08, 03:16 PM
After whatching her handle her self,he steped from the trees as she stood there,water dripping from her body.....she yet to get back in the water......
Not once did he break eye contact,he did'nt want to offend her.....

As he looked her in the eyes,he began to say"That was very interresting,I have never seen a young lady such as your self handle a shadowcat of that size with such eaz."
"My name is Seth,but folkes around her call me 4saykin,"as he finished introdusing himself,he had heard the rumbleing in the bushes,apperntly the shadowcat that the young lady had wounded was only a kttin on it's first hunt........the mother of the kittin had leaped from the rock legde behind the lady........

With out hesitation,and without fear in one move,he fired a an arrow,hitting the mother shadowcat in the ribs,saving the young lady.......in an attempt to be smart he said"well I guess I found my dinner,care to join me."

Mithra Reborn
07-28-08, 04:06 PM
Darcy had the situation under control, when this blundering fool came in and interfered in her fight. On a pirate ship, that would be particularly offensive. And was this man...spying on her as she bathed?!

She held up her throwing knife and kept her expression stern. With how she was crouched and how her hair draped over her, her privates were not in his view at the moment.

What does it matter. He's already seen every part of me.

"I knew that was only a cub. I've been here before, fool," She said in a stern, cold voice that echoed through the trees. "And I don't take kindly to those who spy on me as I bathe." She moved her legs in a grapevine to her things, and picked up another throwing knife. "I don't need saving. And you obviously haven't seen a wanted poster any time soon, else you wouldn't treat me so kindly." She knew it wasn't the wisest to tip him off like that, but one flick of her hand and he wouldn't speak again, let alone tell.

She looked the man up and down. She didn't think him bad, but he had way more weapons. If he went back to town with word that Darcy Ombremer, captain of the Shadowmast, was here, she'd have to kill him.

"So are you going to sit there and stare all day or can I get an ounce of privacy and dress myself?" She snapped. She still was keen to hurt the boy just for watching her bathe. There was no way he just 'showed up in the nick of time'. Most men his age don't do that.

4saykin
07-28-08, 04:28 PM
Looking at her he says with a gentle yet rough voise "miss,I did not mean to startle you,I was hunting when I heard your singing........it was very beautiful.........and I know who you are,I am not the type of person that would turn another in.I was not watching you bath,when I heard your singing and saw your bathing in the falls I set on a rock with my back turn and widdled a couple of flutes.And I do applogize for interfering in your fight....Maybe after you are clothed,we can talk over some wine and a warm fire.I have heard great things about you,and I am very interrested in getting to know and possibly forming a partnership.I can keep the law off your back for they will not mess with those in association with me."

He turned his back so that she may get dressed and continued to say......"I am a worrier,not a spy,bounty hunter or any other type that would want to harm you are see you go someplace other then the land from which we step on every day."as he stood there looking at the treesmhe once again began to speak. "Every day we walk on the same land,every day we hunt the same beast for food,every day we breath the same air and drink the same water......If I was going to turn you in I would have done the day you came to town,the local gaurds had seen you to.......When they had began to apprach youI had told them not to step any further near."

He continued to stand there with his back turned to her.....But he keep a firm grip on the but of his sword to deflect a knife if thrown......

Mithra Reborn
07-29-08, 03:39 AM
Darcy was pulling on her small clothes, under dress and boots when he told her his little speech. She had to bite her tongue to keep from laughing as she drew up the dark blue over skirt and ring-mail lined black leather cinch. When he finished, she finally burst out in an uncontrollable fit of laughter. Upon finishing, she took a deep breath, and between spontaneous spurts of giggles, she told him, "I'm dressed now, go ahead and turn around." After finally getting control of herself, she sat down at the nearest bed of soft grass, a blanket draped over her shoulders, and began brushing out her thick layers of hair, still wet and tangled from the fight.

"So tell me...Seth," Darcy said, an amused expression still dancing on her face. "Just how many times did you practice spoon feeding that over-used, sickeningly-self righteous load of shit? I swear, of all the damn things I've heard men say to get me to sleep with them, that had to have been the most egotistical." She winced as she attacked a large tangle. "And please! 'Walk the same land'? The only land I walk is the land from the inn to the ship. I'm only here now because we've finished a good string of pillaging in the towns south of here, leaving families to starve and such, and I felt like a night to myself." Her emerald eyes gazed at him with a certain slyness. "Does that make you feel bad? Knowing you're feeding someone who took away food and home from others. The real people that 'walk on the same land' and 'breathe the same air'."

The knot came smooth after her fingers gave the ends of it a small tug. She gave him a bit to chew on, she knew. Darcy sighed and shook her head.

Such a greenhorn...spewing the 'we should all love each other' bull that the priests do to get the poor to donate to the church so they can sit and have their fat arses powdered and pleasured regularly.

"May I inquire as to which God you serve?"

4saykin
07-29-08, 12:13 PM
walking closer to her he leans up against a tree laughing,he says to her "You think this is an attempt to sleep with you,well you are sadly mistaken."
Looking down at her cotinueing to laugh at her since of humer,he neels down next to a fire..........So you beleave that I am here to sleep with you,Thta is a big one......Deffenently one that I have never heard before."

pulling a knife from his side and thorwing it at a snke that was just to the left of her,he pops of with a smart remark saying Well I have found my breakfest,hahahahahaha,so why do you bleave what you beleave?"
As he looks at her and waits for her reply to his ?,he thinks to him self."

As he waits he again says "And by the way I serve no god."

Mithra Reborn
07-29-08, 04:37 PM
Darcy stood, and frowned at him after he threw the dagger to the snake. The snake was a harmless water snake coming to a new pool most like because the next closest one she had thought of as an option for bathing, but it was too shallow and murky. "For someone whose so righteous, it was wrong of you to kill this snake," she pointed out. "And look." The blood of the snake seeped down into the nearly crystal clear pool of water, the dark red spreading like crimson milk, clouding it to a pale pink.

"As for what I believe, I believe it because it is the truth of the world, not some sugar-coated pack of lies force fed to me by most." She finished brushing her hair, and donned her cloak. "Furthermore I never-"

The sound of many panicked birds flying away from something dangerous roared in the sky as a thick cloud of wings and feathers loudly took off and away. "Hold on a minute..." Darcy said, looking at the direction opposite of the fleeing birds. "That's towards town."

Now I just need to lose Peacekeeper here.

"I take my leave now, Seth," She told him, strapping her pack tight across her waist. "Should you follow me or interfere, you will be cut down. And if you make mention to anyone what you saw here, you'll have two pirate ships looking to hunt you down."

With that said, she drew her scimitar and a boot knife and was off to town.

I told them not to pillage till the next night, fools, She thought bitterly. I told Deilio, but he never gets my orders confused. I also told Igro...bad move.

Darcy hustled through the forest, paying no mind to anything around her. She had to get to town and get order amongst her crew.

4saykin
07-31-08, 09:37 PM
Srtanding there,he scrsatched his head and thought to him self "is this girl ok,or should a I go help.......he did'nt follow her but he took a nice beautiful wolf that he had raised from a pup and had her follow the young ladie........

she was right,there was pilaging going inside the village,but he would pay no never mind to that,it was not his village.......so why the hell bother with that.If there was anything that he should be concerned with it was the safety of his village and his alone.......

With his swor drown,he raised back to his village cuz he knew taht it would not be long before they got there.he knew that if they ame he would have to kill them.......And with his many skills,he would have no problam taking them down one by one.......But he hopd and preyed that it would not come down to that....

Maybe there was still hope for the young ladie......That is all he could do was hope that there was still hurt.

Taskmienster
06-02-09, 04:01 PM
This thread has been sitting since before the beginning of this year (2009). Since no response has been made to create activity I am going to be moving this. If you would like it to be reopened please feel free to PM myself or another admin and they will be able to move it for you back to the Peaceful Promenade.