PDA

View Full Version : The Circulatory System (Open to One)

Morris
03-28-06, 07:24 PM
The young warrior named Morris trotted down the road in search of the legendary citadel, the taunts of his peers still ringing in his ears. “Weakling,” they called. Well he would show them. He would train in the famous arena and become the greatest warrior ever. Fame and fortune were so close he could smell them.

He stopped in front of the great doors leading into the enormous wonder of man. “Behind these doors is where I shall pave my way to greatness,” he said to himself as he reached for the door. His jaw dropped as he stepped into the foyer of the citadel. This place was even more magnificent and promising than the rumors.

“Excuse me,” he said waving to a passing monk, “can you-,” but his words were cut off in mid-sentence as the strange man held a finger to his lips and motioned for Morris to follow him. Hesitantly, Morris obeyed keeping a few strides behind the silent monk.

Morris nearly bumped into the back of the man when he suddenly stopped in front of a door. Morris opened his mouth to inquire, but before he could speak the monk waved him into the room. “Thank you,” Morris called over his shoulder as the door slammed behind him.

Morris looked around in total confusion. He was standing in a circular tunnel with tons of red disks and flat shapes went flying past him. In the distance he could here the footsteps of some gigantic beast. “Bum bum,” they sounded over and over again. He noticed that with each of the beast’s footstep the walls contracted, returning to normal afterwards.

“What is this place?” he thought to himself as he ran the tip of his spear across the ground. He jumped back bewildered as tear appeared creating a vacuum. The disks were immediately pulled toward the hole; a few of them nearly took Morris out on the way. The oddly shaped flat thing land on top of the hole sealing it and the vacuum.

Morris took a deep breath of relief. He would not have enjoyed having to answer for that mishap when the monks asked later. He did not get to relax for long however. An enormous white blob unexpectedly latched onto Morris’s arm. Startled Morris ran the creature through with his spear forcing it to release him.

He cursed at the blob as it wriggled around on the floor. He looked up to find more white blobs rushing for him. “What do they want?” he screamed as he darted in the opposite direction. “It was only a scratch!”

Camella
07-02-06, 02:04 AM
Camella rushed into the citadel, weapons drawn. She had been told that there was something odd going on in the citadel, but was not too sure about the source until she saw a crowd of people leaving in a panic. Only then did she realize that her sources were right, for once.

"Hey there, Mister Monk. Where is the problem?" Camella asked when she went in. The monk pointed to a door.

Camella pulled out her daggers and headed into the door. Behind it was a young lad fighting a white blob.

"You look like you could use some help." Camella said, and then proceeded to turn invisible and rush in with her daggers, putting 2 deep slashes in the thing before becoming visible again. "So, mind telling me what is going on here?"

Letho
09-24-06, 10:44 AM
This thread has been closed due to inactivity and moved to the Archives. If you wish to reactivate this thread, please PM me or one of the administrators.