PDA

View Full Version : Hi All!

Corsana
08-15-08, 12:21 PM
Hey there, everyone. I'm obviously new, and as I've just (finally) finished my character sheet and posted it in the other forum, I decided to drop in and say hello.

A little about me:
I'm a 20-year-old student from Boston. In my spare time, I like to write and waste my time on the internet. I don't have too much roleplaying experience, but I'm eager to learn.

I look forward to playing with you all!

Breaker
08-15-08, 12:40 PM
Welcome aboard! From the looks of your profile, I'd say you'll be cleared for RP pretty soon.

If you have any questions, this is always a good place to ask them. Hope you have a great time!

writers ED
08-15-08, 12:45 PM
well hello there glad you're here hope you have a lot of fun on this creative role-playing website once you have your character approved you can start role-playing here is one place that i really recommend the peaceful pomenade while you're there check out my creative stories chapter 1 the dark spirit and chapter 2 (NOW OPEN) how my powers killed my human mother and i am working on a new one called getting the hang of my new powers (AVALIBLE SOON) if you have any questions dont be afraid to ask even though my character says that i am half cat half human I WON'T BITE LOL!!!!

Ataraxis
08-15-08, 01:31 PM
Welcome to Althanas, Corsana! I agree with the guy with all of the numbers (we call him Numbers Guy): your profile looks spic and span, so it shouldn't take too long once an Approvals Moderator gets by! One of your above average skills might have to become average and/or one of the average skills might have to become below average, but the Mod in charge of profiles will give you better explanations and advice than I can.

If you want to start writing with the members at once, once you get approved, go have a look in the Recruiting Forum (http://www.althanas.com/world/forumdisplay.php?f=170)! If you don't find anything that tickles your fancy, you can start your own quest and recruitment drive as well. And if you don't know where to start, you can go look at the stickied information in each of the available regions (http://www.althanas.com/world/forumdisplay.php?f=11) or have a look-see at the Althanas Almanach (http://www.althanas.com/world/faq.php?faq=althanasalmanac).

Most people sart either in Scara Brae (http://www.althanas.com/world/forumdisplay.php?f=11) or the Peaceful Promenade (http://www.althanas.com/world/forumdisplay.php?f=70), just to get the hang of it, so you may want to look there too, but it's really your choice, so have fun!

Letho
08-15-08, 01:43 PM
Your avatar is hot, Corsana. It means we should write together. :cool:

Also, welcome to Althanas.

Corsana
08-15-08, 02:54 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I'm excited to get started.

And Letho, I think that we'll have to write together at some point. I wouldn't dare defy the Really Horrible Make-a-Wish Foundation!

writers ED
08-15-08, 04:45 PM
you are most certanly welcome

writers ED
08-15-08, 04:48 PM
you should look in the peaceful promenade it is Chapter 2:How my powers killed my human mother chapter 1 is in there to it is called Chapter 1: The Dark Spirit

Elijah_Morendale
08-15-08, 08:42 PM
Grittings and velkum to Althanas!

Cyrus the virus
08-15-08, 09:01 PM
I'm a 20-year-old student from Boston.

Hey honey :cool:

Arsène
08-15-08, 10:51 PM
You're from Boston? I live in Cambridge, the place that Boston always takes credit from when it comes to Harvard and MIT.

Artifex Felicis
08-15-08, 10:55 PM
And curiously enough I live south of it. Teeny world, though I'm going to college in that weird place called upper New York.

Welcome to Althanas, ask any questions and you'll get the answer you want.

Not really sure what else to say now. Ah well, hope you have a good time.

*chomp*

AdventWings
08-16-08, 12:03 AM
Gyah. You Americans.

*Is the lonely Azn of the board*

Hi and welcome to Althanas! Once your profile is approved, go ahead and jump in RP! And don't mind the crazier ones here. We have straightjackets.

Yours is in the mail. Should arrive within the week, Nyan.

Oh, yes. *Clears his throat*

"AHH, FRESH MEAT!"

*Gnaws on your ankle*

Sloth
08-16-08, 10:49 PM
I'm a 20 year old student from Boston too, eh. I go to the Art Institute at Lesley University. Where do you go?

Also, I am very attractive.

Let's be friends.

Cyrus the virus
08-17-08, 05:17 AM
Sloth's pitch is much better than mine :(

Corsana
08-17-08, 11:10 AM
Ahh, wow, this is a warm welcome. I haven't been propositioned this much since that one night in Amsterdam . . . ah, good times. Good times.

Anyway, I'll take my straight jacket in a size medium, please.

As for Sloth and Cyrus, I propose you duel eachother for my attention.

In the meantime, thank you all again for your kind words and does anyone know how to get AdventWings to stop chewing my ankle?

Mithra Reborn
08-17-08, 02:51 PM
HELLO! Welcome to a land of total addiction. that's right. I've tried leaving this site twice now, but it won't let me. its just too much fun with too many awesome people xD great to have you aboard, feel free to ask for help!

Xos
08-17-08, 03:51 PM
Steps to get rid of Advent:

A) Western Union the man 100$ oocly

B) Go wading in hip deep water. (he has to come up for air eventually.)

c) sic a rolled up newspaper or particularly bloodthirsty dog on him.

Or my personal favorite, gnaw on his ankles to. Tasty :)
*gnaws on Advent's ankle.*

AdventWings
08-17-08, 08:25 PM
Kyaaaa!!! Don't counter-gnaw me! :(

*Runs up a tree and swats at Xos with sun-dried mackerels*

Xos
08-17-08, 08:34 PM
*trains an Eagle to hunt and sends it after Raven*

I'll show you!

Terminus Mortis
08-17-08, 10:10 PM
"Eagle One-Niner, be advised, unidentified aircraft deemed hostile bearing three-one-five. Clear to engage. Over."

"Eagle One-Niner clear to engage hostile aircraft, roger..."

"...Fox One..."

"...Eagle One-Niner reports hostile neutralized, RTB for rearm and refuel. Out."

Xos, I'm afraid we have some bad news. The Eagle didn't make it. It seems it is far inferior to the F-15E of the same name.

And down you two, last time you fought over a woman I got blood on my steel toe boot from shoving it so far up your asses.

Don't worry Miss, Connecticut's none too far from Boston. I'll keep these two out'a your hair.

Valanthe
08-17-08, 11:47 PM
Don't make me pull out the big guns...