PDA

View Full Version : Liquid Time Question

Corsana
08-20-08, 05:37 PM
Ok, my new Althanas friends, I'm in need of some advice.

I have some extra time on my hands before I head back to school, and I've been thinking of starting a solo thread for my character. In this thread, I would have her setting out from the Peaceful Promenade to either Scara Brae or Corone to follow up on a rumor she learns of at the Peaceful Promenade, where she is currently involved in a thread. Because that thread hasn't finished yet, my character hasn't technically even heard the rumor that will provoke her quest, but would this new solo thread be possible within the Liquid Time setting?

For the record, I would ensure that she does in fact hear the rumor during the Peaceful Promenade thread.

Tainted Bushido
08-20-08, 05:45 PM
The beauty of Liquid time, is that it doesn't matter when the quest takes place. You could technically have seven quests running in the same time frame. For Continuity that rests entirely on you, but you are allowed to go back and forth as you please. If you wish the readers to know the chronology of your threads, you might put a small out of character note at the beginning placing it within your time line.

Cyrus the virus
08-20-08, 10:52 PM
Yes.

Karuka
08-20-08, 11:36 PM
Yeah, it's fine. You could even have her hear the rumor "off screen," as it were. Just mention that she'd heard it in the solo.

Corsana
08-22-08, 10:04 AM
Excellent. I know that Liquid Time is flexible, but I also know that continuity is important; I just wasn't sure of the balance between them.

Anyway, don't you just love getting the answer you want to hear? I thank you thank you thank you for the responses.