PDA

View Full Version : If the Mods are short on staff...

I Am Zee
09-15-08, 07:25 PM
Why don't they recruit more mods?

Visla Eraclaire
09-15-08, 07:49 PM
Lack of qualified applicants?

Karuka
09-15-08, 07:51 PM
Because being a successful mod takes time, effort, and capability. All too often, new mods ARE recruited, do one or two things, then vanish or stop helping out. Mods that seem to do a lot all at once are prone to burnout, so they accomplish a ton of stuff...and then leave. The current staff is doing its best to keep Althanas running, and they are doing a fine job of it. If you have something waiting to be judged, then wait. Patience is a virtue, and there is a LOT of work to be done.

Saxon
09-15-08, 07:59 PM
Or, instead of complacently waiting, you could do something about it. If you find yourself in a position that you might want to help out, you could always apply. Albeit new folks aren't always seen as the most qualified applicant, I'm sure they'd still give you a once over if you're willing to contribute.

Taskmienster
09-15-08, 08:04 PM
He's hardly new... he's been here longer than you or Karuka, much less half the current user base.

And if you want to you can apply, everyone's welcome to. And yes, some of us are rather busy, and those of us that aren't busy are doing all we can here.

I Am Zee
09-15-08, 09:34 PM
I've actually applied a couple times in the past. I do want to help out, I just have doubts that I'd be able to sensibly evaluate and/or critique another person's writing. That's all.

Tainted Bushido
09-15-08, 11:20 PM
Two Reasons;

1) Mods actually discuss applicants, so if enough mods don't endorse your application, it could be for two reasons;

A) Too new to make an opinion.
B) Seen as too insubordinate as it is to trust with power.

2) They're afraid of the "Been there modded that" syndrome, where it seems like they have too many mods. When this occurs they usually purge the moderator base and then it becomes 1) again.

Caden Law
09-16-08, 01:31 AM
...screw it.

*Goes to apply. Smashes Zee over the head with a monkey wrench in the process.*

Tainted Bushido
09-16-08, 01:33 AM
Just be careful Caden, lest you become an embittered mod.

Caden Law
09-16-08, 01:48 AM
Just be careful Caden, lest you become an embittered mod.
I've already been an embittered admin. Being an embittered mod would be a nice vacation :p

Witchblade
09-16-08, 08:39 AM
Don't throw your embitteredness at other people, Pat. :p Some of us actually like being mods.

Ataraxis
09-16-08, 10:08 AM
Haha, nice Cade! Though I think you might want to PM your application to Serilliant. I'm not sure if the usual method is working right now.

I Am Zee
09-16-08, 10:11 AM
My head. =[

Caden Law
09-16-08, 10:23 AM
Haha, nice Cade! Though I think you might want to PM your application to Serilliant. I'm not sure if the usual method is working right now.

I did. D:

*Clubs Zee again.* And I shall call him Spongy! *Smash, smack, club, slaughter, butcher, puts on sale at low, low prices.*

Serilliant
09-17-08, 12:20 AM
Though I think you might want to PM your application to Serilliant. I'm not sure if the usual method is working right now.

On my (abnormally) long todo list to get that fixed, but yes... anyone interested in applying should PM me their application and I will manually post it for discussion.

I Am Zee and Caden Law: I have received both of your applications and they are posted. Thanks for your interest!