PDA

View Full Version : New Guy

samuraibobx
10-09-08, 03:29 AM
So yeah...one of my friends linked me to this site and my compulsion to RP has gotten he better of me. I've played quite a few PbP style ones online, so I'm really just worried about the whole system thing. I'm kinda relying on my DnD/random assorted Fantasy knowledge to get me vaguely comprehending the whole site.

Witchblade
10-09-08, 07:15 AM
I'm not sure how much DnD will help you understand our system, but whatever works. ^^

As a Realm of Greeting mod, I noticed you posted about five different threads for the same profile when there's really no need for that. If you made a mistake in one and wanted to edit it, you could have simply edited your post instead of posting an entire new thread. It merely makes our job harder, however it appears Tainted Bushido has already claimed your character profile and has outlined a few small changes for you. Just edit it into your first post and then post in the thread again to let him know it's been done.

As for our system, it's relatively simple. With your character you go on quests or you do battles, when the thread has been finished (the average quest it already 27-35 posts long, though you can make it longer or short. In order for something to be judged though, it needs to be at least 10 posts or 10,000 words long.) submit it for judging. A judge will accept the thread, read it and then judge it based on a rubric syste, we have created. From that he will allot you a certain amount of experience and gold pieces. Once you reach a certain amount of experience you level up (cue Final Fantasy music) and you get to update your character, making him stronger, giving him some new skills or abilities and adding to his history.

If you have any questions about the site, the regions, anything, don't be afraid to post them in your intro thread, or just send a pm to one of us mods. We're all rather friendly. ^^

I Am Zee
10-09-08, 10:33 AM
Welcome!

samuraibobx
10-09-08, 11:44 AM
Sorry about the multiple posting thing. My internet had problems putting through the application, so I hit refresh one too many times >.>

Witchblade
10-09-08, 04:26 PM
lol!

One too many times is an understatement. Just joking. ;) we forgives ya, but only if you grovel at our feet, bwahahahahaha--*cough, sputter*

Ahem. ^^;

Inkfinger
10-09-08, 07:13 PM
lol!

One too many times is an understatement. Just joking. ;) we forgives ya, but only if you grovel at our feet, bwahahahahaha--*cough, sputter*

Ahem. ^^;

Hey now, no makin' my lackeys grovel!

That was quick, Koji. :P Welcome aboard!

Tainted Bushido
10-09-08, 07:22 PM
Don't mind Witchy she has a tendency towards world domination....

Welcome to Althanas, now get posting ya MOOK!

samuraibobx
10-09-08, 07:36 PM
Hey now, no makin' my lackeys grovel!

That was quick, Koji. :P Welcome aboard!

I thought the term we agreed on was "Severely Underpaid Sweatshop Helmsman" D:

But yeah, your little post aobut this just got me too interested. Is there anyone else I would know on the site?

Inkfinger
10-09-08, 07:53 PM

But yeah, your little post aobut this just got me too interested. Is there anyone else I would know on the site?

Oh, right. I must have lost that paperwork.

Johann, Jules, sh33p and Plink are all fairly active, and I know br33, Adam and Felix all have characters registered but have yet to do anything. SO. You might say that, yes. :3

samuraibobx
10-09-08, 07:58 PM
Holy crap! That's way more than I expected D:

Well, hopefully I'll get a chance to RP with you all soon.

Witchblade
10-09-08, 09:24 PM
Well, I'm sure as your friend can tell you, we're all pretty friendly here, so don't be scared of the bolded and italicized names. Also, if you need anyone to join you in a quest/battle, just post a thread with a brief description of what the quest/battle is about in the Role-Player's Corner.

I Am Zee
10-09-08, 10:34 PM

Ah, yes. The Sush. An elusive creature- but all the more tasty once the hunt is completed.

Fotiadis110
10-10-08, 04:39 PM
Italic means at the worst 'thinks highly of themselves' but so far they all seem pretty friendly <_<

Mind you i AM a new guy.

when was the last time you made someone cry Witchblade?

I Am Zee
10-10-08, 06:09 PM
I cry over Witchblade every day

T_T

Enther
10-10-08, 08:09 PM
Every freaking day

;_;

Flames of Hyperion
10-10-08, 10:10 PM
*Pops in*

*Waves*

*Pops back out again*

Terminus Mortis
10-11-08, 02:39 AM
As a general rule, I don't cry. When I feel sad I blow shit up. C4 is what makes a dull day fun.

Destrudo
10-11-08, 08:30 AM
when was the last time you made someone cry Witchblade?

FYI: Witchy makes people cry on an hourly basis when she's on. Sometimes from Despair, unhappiness, and other forms of pain and suffering, and other times from Joy, Ecstasy, and other forms of bliss and happiness. What you cry from depends on whether your on her good side, or bad side.

samuraibobx
10-12-08, 04:02 AM
FYI: Witchy makes people cry on an hourly basis when she's on. Sometimes from Despair, unhappiness, and other forms of pain and suffering, and other times from Joy, Ecstasy, and other forms of bliss and happiness. What you cry from depends on whether your on her good side, or bad side.

Ah. I see. Well, I'll have to test this out at some point. I'm fairly resistant to crying for any reason other than those deserving of manly tears. So....if she can do that, then shoot :P

Destrudo
10-12-08, 08:18 AM
Ah. I see. Well, I'll have to test this out at some point. I'm fairly resistant to crying for any reason other than those deserving of manly tears. So....if she can do that, then shoot :P

You poor, poor man. Well, what do you want on your tombstone?

*begins digging samutaibobx's grave*

Caden Law
10-12-08, 03:30 PM
So yeah...one of my friends linked me to this site and my compulsion to RP has gotten he better of me. I've played quite a few PbP style ones online, so I'm really just worried about the whole system thing. I'm kinda relying on my DnD/random assorted Fantasy knowledge to get me vaguely comprehending the whole site.
*Napalms.*

Hi. Remember me? :D

samuraibobx
10-12-08, 03:45 PM
I see the all powerful w00l has kept you alive :{D