PDA

View Full Version : Heroes & Chasing Legends

Max Dirks
07-05-06, 11:07 AM
Well, my flair for writing has returned so I'm looking to run two simultaneous quests. They will each have tangible stories that can match up to a variety of different character types, but really I'm just looking to match up some new members with some older ones. First, I'll go over a brief synopsis for both quests:

Heroes: This quest will have a face pace and require regular posting (at least one every two days). This story has two parts that will eventually come together. One side follows the journey of a young man (without any extraordinary powers) as he struggles to become known in Althanas. Along the way he'll meet many of Althanas greatest mages. The other side follows the story of Dirks and one other non-magical character on Althanas. These two continually get put into situations that require 'acts of heroism'. Eventually the two stories will combine and the main characters will fight one evil character's (perhaps with some cronies) diabolical scheme. This scheme will be crazy and outlandish, like Hugo Drax's perfect race idea from Moonraker or Lex Luther's crazy land ideas from the Superman movies. The basic theme is that anyone can become a hero to someone.

Roster-
Max Dirks
1 young character without any extraordinary powers
Christina Bredith
Cyrus the Virus
3 powerful, good or neutral aligned mages
1 evil mad man

Chasing Legends: A few characters overtime have disappeared without a trace. These legends had epic stories that very few people remember. This quest will take four characters (Max Dirks and three others) on a journey that mirrors those of the greats. Some legends examined are: Aequitas, Hawke, Treslizn, and Hyakureiki. Of course, I plan on having an underlying theme about how, in some small way, each character is connected. Essentially the quest will be a hybrid between National Treasure and The Da Vinci Code in how it is run. Though based on previous works of others, the story is highly original.

Roster:
Max Dirks
Chidori Draconid
Witchblade
Mikami

If you want to make a cameo, please send a PM. Otherwise, if your character fits the bill just post your interest here. It'll be first come first serve.

Christina Bredith
07-05-06, 11:13 AM
Ooh, can I be in the first one? I think that sounds like just the thing this character would be up for. I don't know how you define "extraordinary powers", though, but you can take a gander at her profile and judge that for yourself. ^^ Although, as for regular posting, I guess I should let you know that I'll be gone during the week of July 24th. I mean, I dunno if the quests will go that long or whatever, but best to bring it up now and let you know!

Witchblade
07-05-06, 05:52 PM
I would love to join either of the quests, however I'm with Christina on this one, what are you considering extroadinary powers? I think it would be interesting to throw my Ira character into the first one, though she doesn't have any magical powers she does have a few odd/interetsing abilities. If she doesn't fit the bill though, that's cool, I'll join the second one with either Witchy or Ira.

Chidori Draconid
07-05-06, 06:49 PM
I know I'm new and weak but I'd love to be a part of the Chasing Legends quest.

Max Dirks
07-05-06, 07:02 PM
Chidori, you can be in the Chasing Legends quest. Elrundir, do you want to be the protagonist of the Heroes quest? Christina would have to look up to the legendary mages of Althanas and strive to be like them though. Witchblade, I think you'd be well suited for the Chasing Legends quest. How does that sound to both of you?

Christina Bredith
07-05-06, 07:11 PM
Hrmm, I don't figure she'd strive to be like them. She strives for enough things as it is, and being a powerful mage isn't one of them. (I doubt if I could handle another one anyway :p) Mebbe she could fit into the Chasing Legends quest, though. She does like having heroes to look up to. At any rate, I'll leave that up to you, but I should probably leave the Heroes spot open for someone who really *would* want to become a powerful mage.

Max Dirks
07-05-06, 08:53 PM
She does like having heroes to look up to.That was the answer I was looking for, but if you want to do the Chasing Legends quest, thats fine too!

Cyrus the virus
07-05-06, 10:16 PM
Luc could totally motivate her to want to be a powerful mage. He'd impress her with his magey-ness!

Christina Bredith
07-05-06, 10:26 PM
I wonder... does the "1 friend of Dirks without any extraordinary powers" have to have previously known Dirks, and does s/he have to also want to be a mage? It kind of sounds like that storyline would run separately and not meet the mages like the first story would. In that case it might be a more ideal role for Christina, if you think she'd fit into it or whatever. I leave that for you to decide.

Max Dirks
07-05-06, 10:45 PM
The storylines are not as separate as they seem from my synopsis, but if you'd like to have Christina be Dirks' 'partner in crime' then thats fine too. I've editted my original post to show the rosters, as well.

Chidori Draconid
07-06-06, 12:59 PM
Yay. I get to play with the big kids today!

Max Dirks
07-06-06, 01:16 PM
Get your friends to sign up and we can start sooner!

Gadgeteer Mikami
07-06-06, 10:01 PM
Mind if an aspiring gadgeteer come along in Chasing Legends?

Lighthawk76
07-06-06, 10:13 PM
I would like to place Blank up for Heroes. He's not exceedingly at a want to become a great mage, but the memory thing might work. I've also been thinking of a way to drop Alan, since I need him to dissappear for a while, so this would be an outlet. I've got a few ideas, so I'll PM them to you Dirks.

Edit: I'm also up for Chasing Legends with either this character or my other, Kyle on Darkhawk76

Gadgeteer Mikami
07-11-06, 04:57 PM
...Max? Are you still there? O.o?

Chidori Draconid
07-11-06, 09:12 PM
I know you think I have alot of friends, Max Dirks, but they're either not players or committed to whichever site they're working on.

Max Dirks
07-11-06, 09:31 PM
Chasing Legends is now full. I'll have the thread up tonight.

Lighthawk, which role do you want on Heroes?

Vampiric Angel
07-12-06, 12:55 AM
I'd like to sign up Anenfel for Heroes as the young character without extraordinary powers.

Darkhawk76
07-12-06, 07:47 AM
I can probably take the role opposite you, though I was a little confused if it was a singular role, or two people, like yours would be.

Edit: Will be using other account, but this is Lighthawk

Edit #2: This is the role I can take

1 young character without any extraordinary powers

Chidori Draconid
07-23-06, 05:47 PM
So is this getting jumped off? Did I miss it or what?

Max Dirks
07-25-06, 01:19 PM
Good news, I found the information I needed.

Chasing Legends should be up tonight!

Ozmodious
07-25-06, 01:34 PM
Care to update who is in it though, Max?

Max Dirks
07-26-06, 12:30 AM
Read the roster on the first page, my good friend.

However, due to some unforseen circumstance I'm going to have to start the quest tomorrow rather than tonight. Sorry guys.

Chidori Draconid
07-27-06, 05:53 PM
This quest is going to be fun! Me excited!

Max Dirks
07-31-06, 10:58 PM
http://www.althanas.com/world/showthread.php?p=29853

Gadgeteer Mikami
08-01-06, 07:13 AM
Yayayay!!! Here~ we go!

Chidori Draconid
08-04-06, 04:07 PM
Count me out of this round of turns, guys. I can't think of anything for Chidori to say to the woman, and all I got is his observation of the others, which would be a waste of time. I'll jump back in next round.

Max Dirks
08-05-06, 11:39 PM
I'll get this kicking again tomorrow when I get home. I'm at a Day's Inn in Springfield, OH right now. It's sort of out there.

Max Dirks
08-19-06, 01:02 AM
Hope your two week vacation went well. Sorry about that, I went home to Iowa and I was booked for the majority of the two week period. Though, I'm happy to be back and will gladly start posting in the quest again tomorrow.

Witchblade
08-19-06, 10:21 AM
I thought you crawled in a hole somewhere and died on us. o.O

Gadgeteer Mikami
08-20-06, 11:05 AM
Who still has to post in this? =S

Hopefully this quest won't stagnate. I hate it when it does that!

Chidori Draconid
08-20-06, 05:30 PM
Everyone's taken their turn this cycle around. It's up to Dirks to get it going again.

Yamihara
08-28-06, 03:34 AM
*bursts in with a defribillator and applies contact gel to the thread*

Gimme 150! Clear!

Kachunk-!

Witchblade
08-28-06, 10:29 AM
It's not working!

Try 200!

Gadgeteer Mikami
09-13-06, 04:44 AM
*Kicks the thread*

Where is Dirks, anyways? I hope his Internet didn't just die or something.

Basides, I'm bored. =3=

Cyrus the virus
09-13-06, 11:47 AM
He's in College or University or something.

Max Dirks
10-24-06, 11:09 PM
I've had a big drive to continue this thread.

Are you guys still around? Would you like to continue? Let me know.

Cyrus the virus
10-24-06, 11:27 PM
Chidori hasn't been around much (perhaps not at all) since he got a concussion, and I'm not willing to continue it.

Witchblade
10-25-06, 10:33 AM
I would be willing to continue, but without the others it's just moot point.

Gadgeteer Mikami
10-26-06, 09:43 AM
Pleeeaaase, tell me we're not abandoning this just yet... *tearful eyes*

Max Dirks
10-26-06, 02:11 PM
Oh, we're not abandoning it.

I just wanted to find out whether all of you guys were still around/interested. I can replace Cyrus and Chidori with Zieg and Thoracis if need be.

Witchblade
10-26-06, 06:03 PM
Umm... hasn't Zieg retired or is he somehow finding the time to sudden do quests? o.O